Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Star Jones published a novel and none of you bitches told me

I'm not making this up. It's a thinly described tell-all about "The View"--and you won't believe what it's called!

by Anonymousreply 1903/15/2013

Oh my. Not just one but multiple readers on amazon complain about "gratuitous sex scenes."

by Anonymousreply 103/14/2013

Used copies are available on Amazon for one cent!

by Anonymousreply 203/14/2013

[quote]Set in the bright lights of daytime television, SATAN'S SISTERS is the story of The Lunch Club--a long-running, popular ladies' talk show in which alliances are forged, careers are made, and bridges are burned. The show's famous red couch is ruled by its esteemed matriarch, Maxine Robinson, the first African-American to become a network news anchor, who maintains a hidden safe of diaries chronicling others' indiscretions for posterity--and leverage as needed. But even all-knowing Maxine is caught off-guard when now superstar former co-host Heather Hope makes a ratings-gold guest appearance only to announce a bombshell: the imminent inside scoop straight from the mouth of another ousted member of The Lunch Club's inner sanctum.

Self-described "southern belle" Melissa "Missy" Adams has written an explosive tell-all exposing all the Lunch ladies' secrets and she's going to reveal it on Heather's show; but the story is bigger than just the two of them. Delving into the murky waters of each of the current five co-hosts' life--and the loved ones, lovers, and support team surrounding them, SATAN'S SISTERS dishes the dirt while serving up laughs, suspense, solidarity, and heartbreak. The Lunch Club's beleaguered publicist is assigned to track down the embargoed manuscript and assess the potential damage to everyone's livelihood...but time is running out and there's now a new mole spilling details of the show's private panic mode. Looks like Maxine is going to have to take things into her own hands...but can even she escape becoming collateral damage?

by Anonymousreply 303/14/2013

I don;t get the title. Is it revealed in the end that they're all the agents of Stan? That's what I've longed suspected about THE VIEW, of course.

by Anonymousreply 403/14/2013

R4 Stanley Zbornak has agents? I thought he was a yutz!

by Anonymousreply 503/14/2013

This news is so old it has cobwebs on it. Seriously OP this has already been discussed

by Anonymousreply 603/14/2013

"gratuitous sex scenes."

Between Star and Rosie?

by Anonymousreply 703/14/2013

No, R7, between Star and buckets of KFC.

by Anonymousreply 803/14/2013

[quote] Used copies are available on Amazon for one cent!

Still overpriced. I'll wait for the Lifetime Original Movie.

by Anonymousreply 903/14/2013

One of the many negative reviews at Amazon complaining about "gratuitous sex scenes" whines: "I expected more from Star Jones". Why?

by Anonymousreply 1003/14/2013

[quote]Seriously OP this has already been discussed

It must have slipped by here very fast. Until this thread, I never heard of her book. Even Sarah Palin's books outsell crap published by Star Jones.

by Anonymousreply 1103/14/2013

I don't remember this being discussed here before either. This is news to me.

by Anonymousreply 1203/14/2013

#5, can you work a "Golden GIrls" reference into any thread?

by Anonymousreply 1303/14/2013

"A Novel Work of Fiction."

by Anonymousreply 1403/14/2013

If it had been a great book, we would have been bashing it for months. If it had been a really horrible book, we would have been laughing for months. If a book is blah, it doesn't get much notice and it just fades away into the penny bin.

by Anonymousreply 1503/14/2013

It sounds weird.

by Anonymousreply 1603/14/2013

I may read it if I could get it at the library. I always found her entertaining on The View, even if it was more like viewing a train wreck type of entertaining. Barbara Walters will never admit it but I think a lot of people tuned in to see what Star would do next. But all her over the top wedding stuff and then lying about how she lost weight led to her demise.

by Anonymousreply 1703/15/2013

Is there a gay husband?

by Anonymousreply 1803/15/2013

She is making a TV movie based on the book. I guess it will premiere in 2022!

by Anonymousreply 1903/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.