Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New Roku

Tne new Roku has a feature that should be everywhere. It has a remote control with headphone jack and includes ear buds.

Why doesn't every remote control have this? It's genius. It's good for someone who wants to watch tv while others want to sleep or study. It's good for old people. When my mother comes to visit, she blasts the tv. If I had I remote with earbuds, I'd stick the buds in her ears and put the remote in her pocket. (She wears some kind of weird sleeveless apron shirt that is ultra trashy. And she watches Catholic tv all day).

In my city apartment, the cable remote is backlit. At my house, the cable remote doesn't even have that feature. It's so 20th century. We should have remote controls that light up, have earbuds and levitate things by now.

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013

[quote]In my city apartment, the cable remote is backlit. At my house, the cable remote doesn't even have that feature.

This was the whole point of the post, clearly: to specify you have a house AND a city apartment.

by Anonymousreply 103/13/2013

If it makes you feel better, we share the apartment with another couple. They get the weekdays and we get the weekends. And yes, they pay more.

by Anonymousreply 203/13/2013

I still have the older Roku models. Been thinking of updating to those hockey pucks. Now with this feature, I may go for the newer ones. Thanks for the heads up OP.

by Anonymousreply 303/13/2013

Are these hard to hook up? I have a DVD/VHS player hooked up to my TV and dumped the cable box. I have extended cable now and don't need the box.

by Anonymousreply 403/13/2013

My Roku 2 was easy to set up.

by Anonymousreply 503/13/2013

What kinds of things do you do with your Roku? Is it better than Apple TV?

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

Roku and Apple TV are almost the same, and easy to set-up.

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

There were a few things more available on roku then apple. What they were? I forget but it must have been enough to push me in Roku direction.

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2013

Roku is the easiest thing in the world to set up. I love mine.

by Anonymousreply 903/15/2013

Well, a Roku 2 can be hooked up to an analog TV. I use mine with an old Toshiba.

by Anonymousreply 1003/15/2013

I think the Roku allows you to access Amazon Prime and HBO GO, which I don't think are available on Apple TV [without jailbreaking it].

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2013

Apple TV has Netflix and Hulu Plus.

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!