Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I've been on a diet since January

I've lost 60lbs and need to lose another 40 for my goal. But I am really craving Cheez Doodles right now. Can anyone talk me off the ledge?

by Anonymousreply 3803/15/2013

Meh - have a few Cheez Doodles. Skinny people eat those, too. If you really want them, have them, otherwise you might feel deprived and really go hog wild on something else. :)

by Anonymousreply 103/13/2013

Eat an apple. Healthy carb that will take the craving away. Congrats on the weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 203/13/2013

No way you lost 60 lbs. since Jan. 1.

by Anonymousreply 303/13/2013

I haven't lost anything BUT I have gotten addicted to those exploded brown rice "Magic Pop" flatbread they make in the store that sounds like a gun going off- 15 calories each. Spray them with the calorie free Olivio wonderful.. There is now the cheese powder called Mac it yourself in a jar, fat free cheddar cheese powder... you could sprinkle that on 2 of the magic pops and have a crunchy snack for under 50 calories.... congrats on your achievement.

by Anonymousreply 403/13/2013

Have a few. Use the portion listed on the bag and put the rest away.

by Anonymousreply 503/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 603/13/2013

Yes R3. 120 minutes of cardio and 900 calories a day.

by Anonymousreply 703/13/2013

Congratulations on the weight loss, OP! That's amazing. As for the cheese doodles... according to that recent article about the "Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food," cheese puffs are like the holy grail of junk food (when it comes to selling the stuff for corporate profit) because they deliver a huge dose of fat/salt/sugar but practically dissolve on your tongue, tricking you into thinking that there's nothing there and causing you to shovel them down endlessly. So be very careful about cheese doodles: they're all but designed to undo all the good you've done.

I'm linking a quick article called "8 way to trick your brain to hate junk food."

If nothing else is working and you still want junk food, try getting some Unreal brand candy. They don't have cheese puffs or chips yet but they have much healthier (or, less-unhealthy) versions of M&Ms and Snickers.

Good luck and keep it up! 60 lbs since January really is mind-blowingly impressive.

by Anonymousreply 803/13/2013

Fix a large salad and dress it lightly. Eat it and drink a large glass of water. Wait 10 minutes. Fix a sample size of cheetos. Eat them slowly and enjoy them.

That will help you from wanting to binge on them if you are worried about that. A little junk food in moderation will not ruin eating healthy, the key making sure you stay in moderation.

by Anonymousreply 903/13/2013

I am doubtful of this weight loss unless you meant January 2012.

That much loss so quickly only can happen if you weigh 300 lbs or other wildly obese weight.

You are talking about an average of 10 lbs a week. Very unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 1003/13/2013

What kind of diet are you on, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1103/13/2013

I know what my scale says. I know that I can't wear old clothes. I'm sorry that you're doubtful. I've been working hard.

by Anonymousreply 1203/13/2013

W're happy you're working hard and losing but 60 pounds in 10 weeks or less is a HUGE amount to lose. A personal, uncalibrated scale isn't always accurate - not even to itself.

by Anonymousreply 1303/13/2013

My frigging cat loves Cheese Doodles.

I can't even bring them into the house any more. If she sees a Cheese Doodle bag she looses her shit.

I can't even buy them any more :(

by Anonymousreply 1403/13/2013

[quote]What kind of diet are you on, OP?

Breakfast - an Apple or Pear (sliced)

Lunch - A garden salad with no dressing.

Dinner - Some type of chicken or fish or turkey

I've cut anything made of white flour and red meat. I don't snack or have any cheat days. Just water. I exercise twice a day. An hour in the morning (cardio) and an hour of cardio after work plus some very light weights every other day. I also stopped taking the elevator and take that stairs everywhere now and park on the upper tier of my parking deck and walk down.

by Anonymousreply 1503/13/2013

R15 that diet is more like 500 calories than 900. And unless you are 4 feet tall 900 ccalories doesn't provide adequate nutrition. This is why you are craving junk.

by Anonymousreply 1603/13/2013

[quote]You are talking about an average of 10 lbs a week.

There have been 10 weeks in 2013. Sixty pounds lost. You do the math.

by Anonymousreply 1703/13/2013

[quote]But I am really craving Cheez Doodles right now.

This is what separates the fatties from the thin people.

Fatties spend their lives obsessing about food, while thin people have actual lives.

by Anonymousreply 1803/13/2013

10 pounds a week?

I've been trying to lose 10 pounds since last summer!

WTF are you eating?!? Air?

by Anonymousreply 1903/13/2013

Get some hot air popped popcorn & coat it with nutritional yeast and coconut nut. Delicious (really)

by Anonymousreply 2003/13/2013

Coconut oil

by Anonymousreply 2103/13/2013

It passed. I'm good now.

[quote]Fatties spend their lives obsessing about food, while thin people have actual lives.

I don't disagree with that, but I would have had the good manners to state it in a slightly less cuntier tone, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2203/13/2013

Thin people eat to live, Fatties live to eat.

by Anonymousreply 2303/13/2013

900 calories a day is not sustainable for an adult male (assuming your male). Better to work the weight off slowly with a sensible diet rather than starving yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2403/13/2013

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, people.

by Anonymousreply 2503/13/2013

congrats on your weight loss OP. It's inspiring. I may make a variation (two apples instead of one) on your menu and try it for a while.

by Anonymousreply 2603/13/2013

Oprah hasn't felt thin in a long ass time!

by Anonymousreply 2703/13/2013

R24, yes I'm male but I was 100 lbs overweight. I needed to do something drastic. I was thin all my life until I had a bad skiing accident 2 years ago and the weight sort of piled on after that.

R26, the exercise portion, I think, has been key for me. And taking stairs everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 2803/13/2013

I don't understand why you faggots are at this throat. Why can't you just celebrate his success? If he is happy with his weight loss - then good for him. If you can't be supportive, just shut the fuck up. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 2903/13/2013

I knew a guy that lost so much weight that he had to have excess skin removed. He did not heal well, and there was a lot of scar tissue at the incision site. Also, his reconstructed belly button grew in and was just a brown freckle was a pin-sized hole in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 3003/13/2013

Nice work, OP. I'm on a diet myself before going on vacation at the end of May. My goal is 22 pounds, 5 lost so far. I don't know about you but I have problems limiting myself once I get a taste of "naughty food". If I get cravings now I drink a glass of orange juice, if I still have cravings I add a little salt too my food, it usually helps. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss!

by Anonymousreply 3103/13/2013

Once a week - eat what ever the hell you want. It it incentive to stay on the right path the other 6 days,

by Anonymousreply 3203/13/2013

Well done OP but consider working with a nutritionist or an online diet program. You will lose weight maybe not at the same pace but it will keep dropping. This isn't sustainable or healthy.

by Anonymousreply 3303/13/2013

Congratulations, OP.

I just hope you are doing this for general health purposes.

If you are doing it so you can laid, forget it. Going to all that effort just to get fucked by some dickwad who doesn't care about you isn't worth it.

by Anonymousreply 3403/13/2013

Fat does not make you fat, OP. Try eating some and maybe you won't have such intense cravings.

by Anonymousreply 3503/13/2013

OP, Please ignore the DL meanies. I wonder if your body is craving salt, as you are exercising more, and it's a big ingredient in junk food and phony cheese snacks. How about some healthy fat in your diet? A slice of avocado with pepper and salt?

by Anonymousreply 3603/13/2013

When you stabilize (able to eat more or less without a change in weight), start making a list of your cravings.

On "cheat day", shop with your list. My cheat day item: hot links. I now live 40 miles away from my favorite hot links joint, so that dream is on hold.

by Anonymousreply 3703/13/2013

[quote] 900 calories a day is not sustainable for an adult male

I agree and while there is no magic number if you maintain too low a caloric intake then your body will suffer and do weird things - those weird things will make it harder to lose weight and in essence you will be defeating yourself.

You need certain nutrients for your body's basic maintenance. Without enough calories or nutrients you won't give your muscles enough energy to maintain themselves, resulting in muscle loss. Then your metabolism slows making weight loss harder. You may aso experience side-effects such as mood swings, fatigue, dizziness, heart problems, poor circulation, and minor hair-loss.

You probably need to think more long term like how much nutrients are you averaging in a week and are you getting a sustainable caloric and nutrient content over the week.

There are MANY reasons that you shouldn't go below 1200 calories - maybe 1000 calories. The major reason to stay above that calorie level is that that seems to be the minimum intake required to meet daily nutrient needs. Nutrient deficiencies from undereating can result in numerous problems as noted above (anemia, fatigue, hair loss, weakened heart, depression, mood swings etc.).

For certain (very obese) people physicians recommend SUPERVISED very low calorie diets. However, because of the negative health affects, this to be done under the supervision of a physician, and is generally only recommended for super obese people whose weight related medical problems are so severe that the danger of maintaining their weight is greater than the dangers of the very low calorie diet.

The other problem with a very low calorie diet is that the body can only metabolize a limited amount of fat per day. Any additional weight lost will come from metabolizing other tissues (like muscle). Therefore, you will be losing the same amount of fat that you would with a higher calorie intake, but also catabolizing a substantial amount of muscle. This will result in decreasing your basal metabolic rate, making more difficult to lose weight. And, will make you look less fit and toned. And, it is MUCH more difficult to build muscles mass than it is to lose it.

It isn't that we're not rooting for OP. But cheering on an unhealthy and potentially dangerous diet is like saying Good for you - you lost weight by chopping off your right arm. You have 3 limbs left til you reach your desired weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 3803/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!