Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pope Francis is staunchly conservative and opposes gay marriage.

IFHH.

by Anonymousreply 5203/18/2013

[quote]Pope Francis is staunchly conservative and opposes gay marriage.

OMG! Stop the presses! The new pope is a Catholic!

by Anonymousreply 103/13/2013

To be honest, I was hoping he would say that birth control, is a GOOD thing.

I think the Church should allow the priest to marry.

by Anonymousreply 203/13/2013

Then why'd he pick a girl's name?

by Anonymousreply 303/13/2013

Frances is the girl's name.

by Anonymousreply 403/13/2013

Is he involved with a girl? But he's the POPE!

by Anonymousreply 503/13/2013

R4 wins the No Perceivable Sense of Humor ribbon.

by Anonymousreply 603/13/2013

Do you wants fries with that?

by Anonymousreply 703/13/2013

He seems to okay by Andrew Sullivan, so nothing top see here, move on!

by Anonymousreply 803/13/2013

Why is nobody asking why they elected Johnathan Pryce as pope? First pic, Pope.

by Anonymousreply 903/14/2013

Second pic, Pryce.

by Anonymousreply 1003/14/2013

The Church will never be able to change overnight. It took them literally ages to admit that there is a possibility that Earth is not the center of the universe. Maybe in 3,000 years the Church will come around that condoms are good for something after all. But I highly doubt Christianity or humanity as we know it will still exist by then.

Francis is just parrotting some doctrine rethoric that is set in stone.

by Anonymousreply 1103/14/2013

An article I read basically said that John Paul II and Benedict appointed EVERY SINGLE CARDINAL making up the college today.

Therefore, the entire body will reflect both of their views, because that's why they were appointed.

So in other words... nothing will change.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 1203/14/2013

Why is everyone so interested in The Poop? I wish everyone would STFU about it.

by Anonymousreply 1303/14/2013

Who cares? Except for the hapless crowd that stood outside that stupid building all week praying for a puff of white smoke, does this mean anything to anybody anymore?

Every Catholic I know says they couldn't give a shit who the Pope is. Then I turn on the TV and see these ridiculous mentally illpeople crying like babies when they drag a man onto a balcony in a beanie and white robe who looks like anyone else you wuld see waiting for a bus at a busstop.

Surely the media is trying to make you think this is a big deal, all beautifully staged.

But does anyone really give a shit? Does the Pope really have any real power?

by Anonymousreply 1403/14/2013

Religion is a mind drug to keep stupid people under control.

Religion tells them what to do and think under the pretense of giving them faith and a purpose. And what are they told to do? Be obedient, don't ask too many questions, have faith and trust what we are telling you is true (even when common sense and science tell you otherwise), and do our bidding without hesitation (because if you don't you will go to HELL!).

by Anonymousreply 1503/14/2013

A world without Muslims or Christians...seems like a much better world.

by Anonymousreply 1603/14/2013

So today we have to deal with countless people being distressed that the new Pope is against gay marriage.

What the fuck do you expect? He's the fucking Pope?

Even Hillary Clinton hasn't come out yet in support of gay marriage. Even Joe Biden was against it four years ago. This is the fucking Pope.

You know, the Pope? The head of the church that condemns masturbation? And that only very recently began to consider that heterosexual sex for purposes other than procreation might not - might not - be mortal sin?

HELLO!

by Anonymousreply 1703/14/2013

I'ma gonna hidea mio shithola reactionario pronouncementos behind la creepia humilitas. Stupido Catholicos weel eata it uppa weeth a spoona and everything gonna be fina for us conservativo womyna and gayo hateros.

You betcha!

by Anonymousreply 1803/14/2013

The Catholic church was not that in 1978. It doesn't have to be like that. It is an affront to all people that it is like that. You expect too little of them.

But this piece of garbage is far worse than just that. He participated in the Dirty War, which was about murdering people who disagree with you.

Anyone who can support such a man is a terrible person.

by Anonymousreply 1903/14/2013

But I was thinking; how lovely to think that there's a nice big daddy taking care of everything.

I wish I were stupid enough to be religious.

by Anonymousreply 2003/14/2013

This new Pope on the gay marriage bill in Argentina:

[quote]"Let's not be naive, we're not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God."

So yeah, he's a fucking ignorant bigot. What a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 2103/14/2013

The devil is gay! I knew it!!

by Anonymousreply 2203/14/2013

Who did you think was going to get voted in by the cardinals? I think it's insane that we're even talking about this.

by Anonymousreply 2303/14/2013

The Catholic Church will always look at homosexuality as a "sin". Hence, I am no longer a Catholic, nor do I care. It is a corrupt organized religion, as most are. I did not expect anything different.

by Anonymousreply 2403/14/2013

JP2 and Ratzinger's cardinals would never select anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 2503/14/2013

FUCK THE CATHOLICS. FUCK THE POPE.

by Anonymousreply 2603/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 2703/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 2803/14/2013

No it won't R24, and there was a pope in 1978 who didn't.

by Anonymousreply 2903/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 3003/14/2013

Churches and governments need scapegoats and threats to keep people afraid and obedient. Otherwise the masses would pay close attention and notice that what the higher ups say and do are two different things.

Of course Francis is so very anti-gay. It helped his Church in the past and they still believe it does in the present and will help them in the future as well.

by Anonymousreply 3103/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 3203/14/2013

[quote]Hence, I am no longer a Catholic, nor do I care. It is a corrupt organized religion, as most are.

You would be Catholic if they were pro-gay? Really?

Oh, and no religion institution is as evil as the Catholic Church. We're talking centuries of evil.

by Anonymousreply 3303/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 3403/14/2013

[quote]The Church will never be able to change overnight. It took them literally ages to admit that there is a possibility that Earth is not the center of the universe. Maybe in 3,000 years the Church will come around that condoms are good for something after all.

Why do you care if they progress or not? They shouldn't even exist. No other institution has committed more acts of evil than they have. They've never missed an opportunity to inflict horror. They were one of Hitler's closet allies, even kidnapping Jewish children, converting them, and giving them to Catholic families. We could go back centuries and go through their reign of terror.

by Anonymousreply 3503/14/2013

WHY IS ANYONE TALKING ABOUT THE POPE ON DL?

by Anonymousreply 3603/14/2013

If the RC church was really concerned with the spiritual well being of human kind, it would not take postitions on political issues, issues of human rights even. Poverty, illness, cruelty, greed (they sure fail on that one sitting on more money than most nations states in the world)- yes.

To me it is as if the RC church completely misses everything that is in the New Testament.

And then there are their governance issues.

Essentially the RC Church is becoming less relevant in the modern world. But then so is Orthodox Judiasm, so is much of the organized Muslim faith so wrapped up in local nationalism and tribalism- and Buddism in China is sacrificing the great mammels (elephants) of Africa to its greater glory.

Organized/institutionalized religion in my opinion is responsible for more human misery in the world in 2013 than any single political movement (they are not unrelated) in the world. It has been perverting American gov't since it became so influential in the most recent Bush years. And of course it is perverting and distorting the great moral and ethical advances that began with the enlightenment (of which the USA was the principal offspring).

I have nothing against God or a god, or spiritualism- I love the teachings of Christ by in large. But what has been done with them, and how they have been mixed up with the primitive morality of the Old Testament, is well, just dumb- not to mention the bases for all manner of hate.

Our global misuse of spiritualism and organized religion parallels our misuse of our planet. Human beings, I am afraid are their own worst enemy. Of course planet earth will prevail by in large- as Kurt Vonnegut said once, the earth's immune system is doing what it can to rid itself of the human race.

Pretty dark view of humanity I have- there are bright spots of course- but things are not headed in the right direction. It's too bad that we have to take so many other species of life with us.

by Anonymousreply 3703/14/2013

And your point is OP? Catholic church has been around 2000 years and you think they will change their dogma over night?

I left the church 20 years ago because if their anti gay views. I haven't looked back.

by Anonymousreply 3803/14/2013

FUCK THE POPE. CLOSE DOWN THE POPE THREADS.

by Anonymousreply 4203/14/2013

[quote]IFHH

Does this mean "I Fucking Hate Him" or "I'd Fuck His Hole"?

by Anonymousreply 4303/14/2013

[quote]He participated in the Dirty War

[quote]“Perhaps he didn’t have the courage of other priests, but he never collaborated with the dictatorship,” Adolfo Perez Esquivel, who won the 1980 Nobel Peace Prize for documenting the junta’s atrocities, said Thursday. “Bergoglio was no accomplice of the dictatorship. He can’t be accused of that.”

by Anonymousreply 4403/14/2013

KILL THE POPE THREADS NOW.

by Anonymousreply 4503/14/2013

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...THE WHO. Nothing really changes in that devious and duplicitous group of old men.

by Anonymousreply 4603/14/2013

Esquivel did not have all the facts at that time because Bergoglio was helping the military to hide its prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 4703/14/2013

Begoglio doesn't have a television in his room in Argentina.

Weak man, afraid of life, and afraid of his own foot fetish compulsions, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 4803/14/2013

The pedos in Rome have spoken and we must obey.

by Anonymousreply 4903/14/2013

Bergoglio testified in secret about the Dirty War. So unless Esquivel had access to the secret testimony, he doesn't know whether Bergoglio collaborated or not.

by Anonymousreply 5003/14/2013

Unlike the other major religions institutions, the Catholic Church has kept its pagan origins completely intact to this day; like the other religions, they've swerved away from nature to protect the idea of God the father as the omniiscient single diety, and yet they have kept the pagan cult's mother goddess by renaming her Madonna. It is the only religion that indulges in the perverse and the erotic with its saints, icons and idols - gay St Sebastian gangraped by arrows, St. Bartholomew's gruesome martyrdom, Lucy and her eyeballs on a platter, etc. The male initiates of pagan cults have gone from transvestite worship of the great mother goddesses to bishops wearing flowing robes and popes wearing prada; the initiates who castrated themselves have become priests who are expected to celibate; ritual victims who were slaughtered, butchered, dismembered and sometimes eaten have evolved into the ritual consumption of the (wine) blood and flesh (wafer) of Christ (the supreme beautiful son/lover of the Great Mother). The inherent matriarchy that is hidden in Catholicism's closet is its dirty little secret - Catholicism is transvestitized patriarchy.

by Anonymousreply 5103/14/2013

They'll be having a conclave and the next Pope very soon. This one will not last that long.

If you compare Benedict and JPII with this one, they seemed to be somewhat fit (for old men) and thus their advanced age. On the other hand, Francis' girth is rather wide, but he is not a chubby guy, this one will start having health issues very soon, if he already doesn't have them.

by Anonymousreply 5203/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.