Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Please help save Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid!

Help by signing Senator Bernie Sanders petition. PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 5103/22/2013

Boy, am I glad I moved to Canada!

by Anonymousreply 203/12/2013

See how well you're able to woke when you are 72 R1. You must be a Republican since clearly your thoughts are so self-centered. You're post is screaming, ME! ME! I only care what happens to me. I'll bet you are well off financially as well and never have to worry about your parents or grandparents not having enough to get by or having health care. Probably, if they are still alive, their biggest worry is which country club to join. Really, shame on you.

Also life expectancy has only gone up for those who are comfortable financially. It's gone down for people like minimum wage workers and especially for the poor. Infant mortality has also gone up for the poor.

Speaking of minimum wage, would you really expect a family of 4 who earn less than $15,000 a year to save for retirement when they can't even afford food?

OMG, you live in a tiny little bubble don't you?

by Anonymousreply 303/12/2013

R1 does sound like a Republicunt prick asshole.

by Anonymousreply 403/12/2013

Go fuck yourself r1

by Anonymousreply 503/12/2013

R3, exactly! R1 is a selfish bastard and is why I'm very glad I no longer live in the U.S.

We all will grow old and, at some point, we or one of our family members will get sick. We should learn to take care of each other. It's the human thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 603/12/2013

R1 The republican bankers stole my money through shady deals who then felated the SEC with kick backs and cushy jobs. Can I come and live with you in your parents basement?

by Anonymousreply 703/12/2013

Signed

by Anonymousreply 803/12/2013

Social Security is an an insurance program, R1, not a welfare program. It's financed by your contributions to a trust fund, and solvent as-is until 2038. At 26, the self-absorbed sociopathy of Ayn Rand looks pretty good. Let us know how you feel about working until you drop dead in 40 years, won't you?

by Anonymousreply 903/12/2013

R1 you'd better pray you are not stricken with a disease or horrible accident that will render you unable to work ever again, Life can change on a dime & You may be the very one who needs that help.

by Anonymousreply 1003/12/2013

I'm so proud of most of you on this post. You restore my faith. Thank you!

Sen. Sanders is trying to help the most vulnerable people in this country, most who paid into these systems their entire adult life and some who are so disabled/sick that if a job paying 1 million a week were offered to them they could not take it. He is trying to help most of us here who know we will not be young, healthy and able to work forever.

Yes, R10, life can change on a dime and some just don't want to see that. The person in a wheelchair, the person too disabled/sick to ever work again, the homeless hungry people we see can be almost any one of us and it can become any one of us in the blink of an eye.

by Anonymousreply 1103/12/2013

[quote]Life expectancy has increased significantly since the programs were created.

Not in the manner that you imply. If you include all those who died young as infants and toddlers, it looks as though people are living longer. But if you look at people who make it to adulthood it hasn't change a lot. And it's only those who make it to adulthood who count with SS and Medicare.

It we want to say everyone is living 10 years longer due to the smoking rate plunging from 60% to 22ish% over twenty five years ago (and funnily enough nobody who shrieks about how smoking kills wants to say that) then it's a bit much to turn around and say that everyone who lives longer by not smoking is costing the country too much fucking money.

But that's the rub of all the anti-fat anti-smoker hysteria - longer and longer life does cost the country too much fucking money. No matter how much you obsessive anti- bandwagon jumpers want to shriek aobut fatties and smokers costing you money, it's the longer life that costs us all the most and by a large margin. It's not even close.

by Anonymousreply 1203/13/2013

Am I supposed to use my real name and address?

by Anonymousreply 1303/13/2013

Signed.

by Anonymousreply 1403/13/2013

Won't the new Obama plan eliminate the need for medicare and medicaid?

by Anonymousreply 1503/13/2013

The Obama plan relies heavily on both and expands Medicaid.

by Anonymousreply 1603/13/2013

Here's a novel idea; Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1803/13/2013

I have a question for the twat at R1.

I'm 60+ years old. I've been earning a paycheck uninterrupted since I was 15.

Unfortunately, I will probably be losing the job I've held for 18 years within the next 3 months.

I've been looking, and I've been told by many I shouldn't even bother. Despite being in excellent health and having no medical problems, no one will hire me because I am in a high risk demographic for medical insurance.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Please tell me since you seem to have all the answers.

by Anonymousreply 1903/13/2013

Glad to see Mitt Romney's on DL now.

by Anonymousreply 2003/13/2013

Thanks again I hope most of you signed.

R18, MSE to R17. Thank you for saying it.

I'd like to know what R1 and R17 think you should R19. I think it might be like Dem Congressman Grayson said a few years about pertaining to health care and what the Rethugs want people to do. "Don't get sick and if you do, die quickly."

by Anonymousreply 2103/13/2013

Signed, OP....

and I hope r1 trips on a subway grate.

by Anonymousreply 2203/13/2013

Fuck off, r23.

by Anonymousreply 2403/13/2013

Food stamps? What do they have to do with this? Nothing. Not even related.

I

by Anonymousreply 2603/13/2013

And r1 reveals it's emotionally stunted ignorance again.

by Anonymousreply 2703/13/2013

"...and invested it at 7% returns..."

This would be at the Bank of Imaginary-Land?

And seriously, fuck you. It might seem simple to put aside 5% of your income when you are bringing in 50,000 a year, but at about $20,000 a year, a third of which is going to student loans, I can barely scrape by in 10-year-old clothes.

by Anonymousreply 2903/13/2013

At some point on the future, it may be necessary to reform Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, yet there is no reason — aside from petty politics — that reforms should ever be part of the current negotiations between the Republican House majority and the Obama administration. This isn't an argument of left versus right. This is an argument in favor of *thoughtful* policy making and reasonable people are against impulsive wheeling and dealing.

by Anonymousreply 3003/13/2013

R3 is correct.

as for R1 the verdict is in ...you suck

signed petition

by Anonymousreply 3203/13/2013

"The stock market has averaged a 9.2% per year for the last 50 years"

Yes, and investing in the stock market is impossible for people making minimum wage due to the fees and minimums.

Not everyone inherited wealth.

by Anonymousreply 3303/13/2013

9% of what? That's all fine and dandy if you're financially able to invest. Most people live from pay check to paycheck because pay has been stunted since the 1980s.

The middle class has been decimated, thanks to political maneuverings with corporate sponsors.

Social Security is paid by the employee, so that is an insurance, or rather assurance, that helps the economy in the long run.

Medicare and Medicaid could eventually be universal healthcare. The burden of employer held insurance is ludicrous....that's another topic...

Anyway signed, Bernie is a fantastic leader.

by Anonymousreply 3403/13/2013

R25 is truly living in dreamland and apparently has been living under a rock for the last 30 years. To wit:

"You are saying that no one will value your additional 20+ years of work experience enough to offset the higher insurance."

You got it. It's the Walmart-ization of people. Experience (like quality merchandise) means nothing anymore. It's all about cost, and the cheapest possible cost at that.

R25 has to be Paul Ryan, a self-appointed expert on the economy, even though he's never held a private sector job in his life. Well, unless you count driving the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile.

by Anonymousreply 3503/13/2013

Get a real life, r36, you are circling and saying nothing.

by Anonymousreply 3703/13/2013

R36= Paul Ryan

by Anonymousreply 3803/13/2013

9,149 signatures so far. It looks more and more like Obama is going to cut the Big 3 to shreds. The Rethugs didn't come out of the latest meeting with Obama with big smiles for nothing. We have to stop Obama from selling us, our parents, grandparents and even future generations out.

Bernie Sanders can help but he needs us to help him help us.

Please let everyone you know in RL or on social media about this petition.

There are some mighty good people posting on this thread.

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 3903/14/2013

One of the largest impacts of the obamacare is the expansion of Medicaid, a state-based health care program for low-income families. Governors across the country are now deciding whether to participate in the expanded program and could see billions of dollars in new money for this care.

This will boost economy *and* it will make for a healthy future.

by Anonymousreply 4003/14/2013

What if I never get a job and never qualify for medicare?!

by Anonymousreply 4103/14/2013

Then, it's Medicaid...

by Anonymousreply 4203/15/2013

R41, hopefully you will have a long healthy and sucessful life ahead of you, but things happen. Young bodied can get hurt or sick. You don't want to have a world where if heaven forbid you can't work for some reason there is no safety net out there for you. You don't want to live in a world where your parents or grandparents will have to live and depend on you or siblings you might have.

Make sure this country will always have Social Security, SSD and SSI, Medicare, Food Stamps and Medicaid because unless you are so rich that you have plenty of money for all your needs and your family's needs, including medical, for the rest of your lives, the day will come when you or those you love will need one or more of the safety nets.

For your sake and the sake of those you love, sign the petition.

by Anonymousreply 4303/15/2013

It's up to 18,560 now!

by Anonymousreply 4503/16/2013

[quote]Support yourself and don't depend on me to do it!

Pardon me, fuckwad... but these people have been paying into it for years and deserve it. They call it an entitlement for a reason. You paid for it, you deserve it.

Would you go to a grocery store, buy $100 worth of food and then just walk out without your bags???

Why are Republicans such mongoloids?

by Anonymousreply 4603/16/2013

I tend to avoid politics, so please excuse my ignorance. What exactly is going to happen to SS, Medicare and Medicaid? Obama's just gonna toss old and disabled people out into the streets?

by Anonymousreply 4703/16/2013

It's up to 29,295

by Anonymousreply 4803/22/2013

Article explaining Chained CPI.

by Anonymousreply 4903/22/2013

I just signed.

by Anonymousreply 5003/22/2013

That's great! Thank you Tony! Oh I always forget to sign OP.

by Anonymousreply 5103/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.