Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lost Girl

Campy Canadian horror-esque show. Main character a bisexual succubus with a taboo human girlfriend; lots of guys with six packs running around shirtless. First two seasons streaming on Netflix. Anyone else watching?

by Anonymousreply 4403/31/2015

Nobody watches this?

Really? Not even the Canadians?

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

Aaron Ashmore is hot.

This show's cast were featured at a convention in Toronto this past summer and girls were having meltdowns when they couldn't get into the panel. It's big with teens.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

Love this show for its over the top sexual situations, beautiful men and women. Lots of girl girl action,( an unbelievable amount) but unfortunately little guy guy.

But lots of bare chests on the guys.

Over all, worth watching, and I'm not Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

I don't think OP knows what "campy" means.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

I like the wolf guy, for some reason; apparently scruffy looking Canadians with nice abs are my type. Must be all those Gordon Lightfoot albums my mom played all the time when I was a child.

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

Ha! R5, good one.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

I love the chemistry and the sexual tension between the two leading ladies(Anna Silk and Zoie Palmer). It works out. They are gorgeous together.

This series is not something to be taken seriously, it's a campy pleasure, but the love scenes are really beautiful and i guess that's why most people watch it. The bond between the two women is very touching. Both Anna and Zoie seem to know how to make a love scene look real and true and i guess that happens because they are both giving and fair.

Kris Holden-Ried is a man that i like to see, cute, decent and charming.

Ksenia Solo is so funny and necessary to the plot as well. I also find extremely classy and sweet Richard Howland. I like his presence, he combines inventiveness with sensitivity.

by Anonymousreply 709/02/2013

Any links?

by Anonymousreply 809/02/2013

R7, any relation to Han or Hope?

by Anonymousreply 909/02/2013

Take one R8...

by Anonymousreply 1009/02/2013

R9? Han or Hope? I don't know!

By the way, you can download all the episodes from the torrents

by Anonymousreply 1109/02/2013

If you need subtitles for Lost Girl, there are! Do your search.

by Anonymousreply 1209/02/2013

That link is to two girls! Where are the six pack guys?!

by Anonymousreply 1309/02/2013

R13...

*blinks

by Anonymousreply 1409/02/2013

I hope Anna Silk will play better her role than she did at season 3. She was very casual in the last season, it was as if her mind wasn't there. Only in the temporary breakup scene with Lauren, Bo seems genuine and convincing. Most of the time Bo isn't that convincing in season 3. I hope she will be more focused in her role at the next season, cause in the first and the second ones Anna was really breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 1509/02/2013

I really wish that in the new season(Season 4) the scriptwriters won't overdo it by using a little bit of each of the characters like they did in the last season, neglecting this way the romance between Bo and Lauren.

The new season shouldn't just focus on Bo's fucking daddy and powers, but it should focus to the love story as well.

Bo and Lauren are great together. Don't spoil it by neglecting the course of their relationship! Make it edgy, intense, lovable!

Wishing and hoping....

by Anonymousreply 1609/22/2013

Lauren and Bo's First Night

by Anonymousreply 1709/22/2013

I totally agree with you R16. The scenario should focus more on the relationship between Lauren and Bo. Actually, most people see Lost Girl because of it.

by Anonymousreply 1809/23/2013

Fun, sexy, funny series.

by Anonymousreply 1909/23/2013

Please, can anybody shake and wake the scriptwriters? What trash they have offered us in the first two episodes of the fourth season? You must be kidding me! That was lame! I was beginning to notice that 'Lost Girl' was following a downward spiral from season 3. However, i hoped that in season 4 things will get better. I don't see them coming now. All this plot is leading nowhere. Too much inconsequential episodes, there is not the tension and the flowing emotion that characterized season 1 and season 2.

I wonder if the fact that Anna Silk became a mother forced these insipid rearranges to the plot. Don't take me wrong, i wish the best for her baby, i'm not a monster, but if she is not ready to give herself in her work and to give some edge and some intensity to her acting,then someone should replace her. There are a lot of great actresses who could play Bo.

Now, if it's not Anna Silk's fault but exclusively of the screenwriters', well what more can i say? 'Lost Girl' is doomed if the production won't change them or make them write better stories for the show.

All that 'Lost Girl' needs now is to work on the romantic side of the series and leave all the crappy unbelievable details that are dangerously piled at the expense of the series. Where is the unique tension and feeling we received from Bo and Lauren at the first two seasons? It got cold and i don't see the reason why it can't get hot, intense and warm again!

by Anonymousreply 2011/19/2013

Another lesbian character?!? Zzzzzz

How many lesbian characters do we have now in North America? Last time I checked AfterEllen it was 40+. That's more than FORTY shows with lesbians. Guess how many shows have gay male characters? Seven.

40 > 7. Do you really think that's fair? Because I sure as hell don't.

by Anonymousreply 2111/19/2013

This is a dyke show for dykes.

by Anonymousreply 2311/20/2013

Lol R23! Can i hug you or would you feel annoyed? Well, this is not a show that addresses exclusively to lesbians. There is also Kris Holden-Ried who is very very charming and sexy. I like his presence in this show. He is so sweet and cute in a decent way. He is a positive presence, certainly.

He plays Dyson. Dyson is in love with Bo but Bo's heart belongs to Lauren. That's very cool, because she has more chemistry with Lauren and the sex scenes are more intense, passionate and hot than the sex scene that Bo once shared with Dyson.

by Anonymousreply 2411/20/2013

Kris Holden-Ried played a gay (or bi) character in the first season of "The Tudors". For you girls, the show had a famous dyke playing Henry's sister Margaret.

The only reason I am even considering looking at this Lost Girl show is because of Kris Holden-Ried and his gay hotness. I'm sure the show itself is horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 2511/20/2013

[quote]How many lesbian characters do we have now in North America? Last time I checked AfterEllen it was 40+. That's more than FORTY shows with lesbians. Guess how many shows have gay male characters? Seven.

40 characters does not equal 40 shows. If any show has one lesbian character in a relationship then that is going to count as two charactes on one show. Also, that AfterEllen number includes a lot of bisexual female characters who mostly have sex with men, like Bo herself during seasons one and two.

by Anonymousreply 2611/20/2013

[quote]The only reason I am even considering looking at this Lost Girl show is because of Kris Holden-Ried and his gay hotness. I'm sure the show itself is horrendous.

I'm a lesbian and he is the only the reason I checked out the show. But you are right, R25. The show is horrendous. It's unwatchable. Even Kris-Holden Reid isn't enough to keep you watching.

by Anonymousreply 2711/21/2013

Hmmm R25... are there any lesbian scenes in 'The Tudors'? Does this Margaret....?

xxxx

by Anonymousreply 2811/21/2013

For R25.

by Anonymousreply 2911/21/2013

Lauren had sex with another woman in the third episode of season 4. However, if you see the sex scene, it is plain that she is still in love with Bo. She isn't as passionate as she was with Bo and she lets the other person be the fire in bed. She is not there 100%...she just needs a contact.

Lauren got fucked by this woman.

by Anonymousreply 3011/26/2013

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 3111/26/2013

R20, yes. So far the fourth season is LAME! The script keeps on worsening with each episode, especially Bo's character. It's super idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 3212/04/2013

Kristin Holden-Reid in the gay movie, A Touch of Pink ...

by Anonymousreply 3312/04/2013

Yes, but in real life Kris Holden-Reid is not gay R33.

by Anonymousreply 3412/04/2013

Zoie Palmer is OUT!!!

by Anonymousreply 3503/11/2014

Good for Zoie Palmer. Not a huge surprise if you watch the show, but it's so good to see the closet opening up for a steady stream of people in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 3603/11/2014

She pinged to high heaven, for sure.

But we say how cute it is that her secondary character is getting so much attention on this show. People who don't even watch it are heaing about her coming out.

by Anonymousreply 3703/11/2014

Anna Silk has become such a bore. So has 'Lost Girl'. I didn't feel surprised when Anna Silk announced that there will be no Lost Girl after season 5. Yes, at the beginning,i truly liked the chemistry between Bo and Lauren, but, unfortunately, that chemistry is absent in the last seasons, and i think that is not only because of the truthfully bad script, but because of Anna Silk as well.

When she became pregnant, suddenly all changed in her performances. It was so evident. She was not there, her mind was elsewhere and it is so clear in her performances at that time.

What a pity... Now she isn't appealing at all. She is just mediocre and ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 3811/08/2014

Silk was never a great beauty. She was simply just sexy for some time, mostly during season one and two and that because of Zoie Palmer's influence on her. Now she looks like a total hag. She won't be missed.

by Anonymousreply 3911/08/2014

Sounds too much like Twilight except perhaps a bit racier.

by Anonymousreply 4011/08/2014

R40, It's different. It's not like Twilight. It's good. It leads toward female bisexuality and doesn't really touch male homosexuality or bisexuality, which is a shame. Other than that it's a good show. It's on Netflix, give it a try.

by Anonymousreply 4111/08/2014

R41, it is certainly not a good show anymore. R40, see seasons 1 and 2 if you are interested in it, they are pretty entertaining, but don't expect too much from season 3 and after that. Let's be honest, they do suck!

I doubt that season 5 can make the difference, anymore. I'm almost sure that it would be as boring and uninteresting as season 3 and 4. They just are in a hurry to bring an end to all this due to lack of inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 4211/08/2014

ANNA SILK, FUCKING BITCH! YOU ARE THE REASON THAT THE SHOW IS CANCELLED. AFTER YOU BECAME PREGNANT AND THEN A MOTHER, YOU LOST INTEREST IN THE SERIES. THAT AFFECTED ALL THE TEAM AND THE SCRIPT. BITCH, AFTER LOST GIRL, YOU WILL DISAPPEAR AGAIN. YOU SCREW IT, YOU COMMON LOOKING BITCH.

by Anonymousreply 4303/31/2015

Jeez, r43. Just go back to L Chat. There's no place for your brand of crazy here.

by Anonymousreply 4403/31/2015
Need more help? Click Here.