Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sarah Palin "Christ Is Being Taken Out of Christmas"

"Amidst the fragility of this politically correct era, it is imperative that we stand up for our beliefs before the element of faith in a glorious and traditional holiday like Christmas is marginalized and ignored,"

"It is possible when we unite in defense of our faith and ignore the politically correct Scrooges who would rather take Christ out of Christmas."

by Anonymousreply 5503/15/2013

Go away lady. No one likes you anymore.

by Anonymousreply 103/12/2013

A more glorious Christian holiday that has been marginalized and is ignored is Easter. Why doesn't she focus on that?

by Anonymousreply 203/12/2013

The stupid bitch is 3 months late...just like her eternally pregnant daughters.

by Anonymousreply 303/12/2013

And apparently the pages about premarital sex were taken out of your bible, Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 403/12/2013

I think that if I punched her once in the face I would be unable to stop.

by Anonymousreply 503/12/2013

W&W for R3!

by Anonymousreply 603/12/2013

Of course the fact that it is Easter time might explain why no one is talking about Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 703/12/2013

She brings tears to my eyes. So inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 803/12/2013

Why is is pronounced with a short "i" instead of a long "i" like Christ?

by Anonymousreply 903/12/2013

R9, "Christ" was originally pronounced with either a short 'i' or long 'e' in Anglo-Saxon England, as it was derived from Latin "christus" and Greek "khristos". The Irish and Scottish missionaries working in England in the 6th and 7th centuries introduced the long 'i' pronunciation in "Christ," but somehow "Christmas" and "Christian" retained the original short 'i' or long 'e'.

by Anonymousreply 1003/12/2013

Did you really need to start this thread? Palin says expected Palin-esque comment that isn't even topical to anything. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 1103/12/2013

[quote]The Irish and Scottish missionaries working in England in the 6th and 7th centuries introduced the long 'i' pronunciation in "Christ,"

No, that's not really how the Great Vowel Shift worked.

by Anonymousreply 1203/12/2013

As if she actually wrote this statement...

by Anonymousreply 1303/12/2013

She IS a little late. Sister Jude was bitching about the same things several months back.

But yeah, OP, why dredge up this has-been?

by Anonymousreply 1403/12/2013

I think I'm falling in love with R12!

by Anonymousreply 1503/12/2013

It's never too early to be annoying!

by Anonymousreply 1603/12/2013

Actually, Sarah, it is people like you taking Christ out of Christmas - because you and the Tea Party are sure not Christian!

by Anonymousreply 1703/12/2013

I grew up in a christian home and never once did we believe Christmas had anything at all to do with Christ

by Anonymousreply 1803/12/2013

I'll always be grateful to Levi. Remember all the dirt he spilled on her? Taco Bell,separate bedrooms,the "special" baby,etc. One of her kids will write a tell-all. That is a book I'd buy,at a yard sale!HA!

by Anonymousreply 1903/12/2013

R12, please forgive me. I got my information from the online etymology dictionary. Hey, maybe the Scots-Irish were responsible for the Great Vowel Shift. It's always those damn foreigners changing the status quo!

by Anonymousreply 2003/12/2013

Yes, Sarah, the same way you took the "In" out of "Incumbent".

(Then you're just left with 'cum bent', which describes your girls' focus in life.)

by Anonymousreply 2103/12/2013

It's cool to think that at any one point in the day, at least one of her daughters' legs will be spread.

by Anonymousreply 2203/12/2013

This stoopid twat is over, who gives a flying fuck what she says?

by Anonymousreply 2303/12/2013

Does Sarah Palin think the fundies are going to keep her relevant? Is this some new phase she's going through for attention?

I don't see anything that seems Christian about her lifestyle or the way she has raised her children.

It's a pagan holiday anyway. She needs to go get her own holiday. Easter is a good one.

by Anonymousreply 2403/12/2013

Word! Salad!

by Anonymousreply 2503/12/2013

She's correct. Christmas has become a tacky capitalist holiday that's celebrated all over the world, and you can't even get out of it by being non-Christian.

In totally non-Christian Japan, there's no mention of Baby Jesus. It's celebrated by exchanging gifts, putting up ghastly decorations, and eating strawberry cake and Kentucky Fried Chicken. No, really!

by Anonymousreply 2603/12/2013

"ghastly" r26? Please remember to say things like that verbally when you meet new people. That way, the intelligent ones can weed you out and not waste any further time with you.

by Anonymousreply 2703/12/2013

[quote]In totally non-Christian Japan, there's no mention of Baby Jesus. It's celebrated by exchanging gifts, putting up ghastly decorations, and eating strawberry cake and Kentucky Fried Chicken. No, really!

In the pseudo-Christian U.S., it's celebrated by exchanging gifts, putting up ghastly decorations, and eating gingerbread and pre-cooked meals carried home from stores like Whole Foods.

by Anonymousreply 2803/12/2013

What will make this bitch go away? A sex tape of her husband fucking Marcus Bachmann?

by Anonymousreply 2903/12/2013

I used to get angry and upset when I read these inane comments of hers. Now I just shrug and think: You're still here? She's irrelevant, and will always be. What she says no longer matters to anyone. She could have stretched her fame a little bit if she had even a modicum of intelligence and empathy, but she has neither. She's over and is no longer dangerous.

That said: why does everyone believe Christmas was ever anything BUT a commercial holiday?!? It never really had much religious significance, and it's popularity was perpetrated by retail stores and novelty manufacturers. Hell, even "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" started life as a Montgomery-Warn ad jingle. When people say "He's the reason for the season" I want to fucking punch them in the face.

by Anonymousreply 3003/12/2013

Hey R11, do you see that little thing on the right side of your computer screen? It allows you to scroll past threads that don't interest you.

by Anonymousreply 3103/12/2013

[quote]In totally non-Christian Japan, there's no mention of Baby Jesus. It's celebrated by exchanging gifts, putting up ghastly decorations, and eating strawberry cake and Kentucky Fried Chicken. No, really!

In Japan, Santa Claus is called "Annual Gift Man" and he lives on the Moon.

by Anonymousreply 3203/12/2013

Ww for r21 please. Lol at cum bent

by Anonymousreply 3303/12/2013

The Kentucky Fried Chicken for Japanese Christmas is such a big deal that KFC starts taking orders in November for Dec. 25. They can barely keep up with the demand. Totally bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 3403/12/2013

This is a traditional Japanese Christmas cake.

I don't know how old the tradition is, but I'd rather have one of these than an ancient English suet pudding.

by Anonymousreply 3503/12/2013

People like her is what took the Christ out of Christmas. Silly bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3603/12/2013

People like her took the Christ out of Christianity, R36.

by Anonymousreply 3703/12/2013

John Gibson is going to be so fucking pissed. This is HIS meme and he isn't going to take kindly to Little Miss Fuckup trying to filch it.

by Anonymousreply 3803/12/2013

Actually, R38, little Billy O'Reilly has cornered the outrage on this particular topic.

by Anonymousreply 3903/12/2013

[quote]Palin says expected Palin-esque comment that isn't even topical to anything. Who cares?

Every single person posting on this tread.

by Anonymousreply 4003/12/2013

Her ignorance, lack of reasoning skills and intellectual integrity, arrogance and self-serving depravity shines through in her every utterance, like a grease spot on a garage floor.

It's absolutely perfect, right from that first pompous, trash-elevated and "I am pronouncing like the Bible so smell my cunt and like it" word: "Amidst."

by Anonymousreply 4103/12/2013

Yet you can't take the Stoopid out of Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 4203/12/2013

Maybe Michell Bachmann and Sarah Palin? Oh hell, people might get into that one.

by Anonymousreply 4303/12/2013

shut up and go away sarah. no one cares about you

by Anonymousreply 4403/12/2013

R11 this was on the news feed that runs under CNN; I missed the beginning so I had no idea it was Palin who said it - my only question is CHRISTMAS in March? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 4503/12/2013

The christers are her only option now and they are as welcome to her as she is to them. I look forward to seeing/hearing from her about as often as I see/hear from Pat Robertson - infrequently and in a mocking way.

by Anonymousreply 4603/12/2013

She is truly an ignorant slut.

The original Puritan Christian settlers in America actually forbade the celebration of Xmas as they felt that there indeed was no Jesus in it, Xmas was a pagan holiday.

by Anonymousreply 4703/12/2013

No shit r25. She speaks like a meth head who almost finished high school.

by Anonymousreply 4803/12/2013

[quote]my only question is CHRISTMAS in March? WTF?

The book isn't coming out in March. It probably hasn't been written yet. She merely signed up with HarperCollins to have it released in November.

Sadly, her last two books sold well. There will be plenty of Pubbie-Fundie idiots who will buy this one, too.

Why is anyone surprised that there's an announcement in March about this? Are you also shocked about Harry Connick's Xmas movie news this week? Four or five celebs have announced plans for Christmas albums.

by Anonymousreply 4903/13/2013

"And smoke is being blown out of yer arse"

by Anonymousreply 5003/13/2013

Christians didn't create Christmas, pagans did.

by Anonymousreply 5103/13/2013

[quote]A more glorious Christian holiday that has been marginalized and is ignored is Easter. Why doesn't she focus on that?

Because Christmas is the fucking glamour-name holiday.

by Anonymousreply 5203/13/2013

Fine, but when will she admit that Trig was taken out of Bristol?

by Anonymousreply 5303/13/2013

As usual, Wonkette rises to the occasion and provides the most insightful analysis

[quote]Amazing. Frumious Bandersnatch Sarah Palin, whilst brillig in the slithy toves, has managed to take a topic that has been so over-done, so worn out, so beat down that even the horse is glad it is dead – and make it dumber. She is now jumping the shark and lion tank on Fonzi’s motorcycle with the Great Gazoo and Scrappy Doo sitting behind her, screaming. Do you think she has a word a day calendar?

by Anonymousreply 5403/13/2013

C'mon DLers, you're slacking!

No one else mentioned that her book about the over commercialization of Christmas is being released in November, just in time for Christmas shopping!

by Anonymousreply 5503/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.