Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is there actual cheese in cheese cake?

Just wondering because it doesn't taste like cheese at all.

by Anonymousreply 13704/02/2013

cheesy dick

by Anonymousreply 103/11/2013

Cream cheese, you dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 203/11/2013

It's cream cheese, OP.

by Anonymousreply 303/11/2013

Christ, is Umpy back and posting anonymously now or something?

by Anonymousreply 403/11/2013

is there trees in black forrest cake?

by Anonymousreply 503/11/2013

Is there actual Girl Scout in Girl Scout cookies?

Is there actual baby in baby oil?

by Anonymousreply 603/11/2013

LMAO

by Anonymousreply 703/11/2013

There are actual chocolate chips in chocolate chip cookies and

oats in Oatmeal

by Anonymousreply 803/11/2013

Why is everyone on DL so dumb at the moment? Is this question a joke? Are you the same person who started the "did Jesus really exist thread" OP? You do know that the $18 you've spent to start these threads could have been googled for free?

And yes he is R4.

by Anonymousreply 903/11/2013

Is there really pee in OP?

by Anonymousreply 1003/11/2013

Cream cheese is not actually cheese. It's a dessert. So, no, there is no cheese in cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 1103/11/2013

Who cut the cheese cak?

by Anonymousreply 1203/11/2013

No dog in hot dog.

Heehee.

by Anonymousreply 1303/11/2013

R11 Some cheesecakes are made with ricotta.

by Anonymousreply 1403/11/2013

Wtf are you talking about, r11? Cream cheese on its own is NOT in any way a dessert! It's not sweet at all. Are you stupid?

by Anonymousreply 1503/11/2013

[quote] Cream cheese is not actually cheese. It's a dessert.

Wow are you an idiot.

[quote] Cream cheese is a soft, mild-tasting cheese with a high fat content. Traditionally, it is made from unskimmed milk enriched with additional cream.

by Anonymousreply 1603/11/2013

For some reason OP's mom blocked google on his computer but not the DL

by Anonymousreply 1703/11/2013

[quote]Cream cheese is not actually cheese. It's a dessert.

In addition to actually being cheese, cream cheese is also not a dessert. Most people associate it with bagels, as a general sandwich spread, or as an ingredient in a variety of dishes for every course. And for being the main ingredient in cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 1803/11/2013

[quote]Christ, is Umpy back and posting anonymously now or something?

[quote]Why is everyone on DL so dumb at the moment?

It's TTC. They must have just released her, because she's been back in a big way. The front page has been littered with her special brand of inanity.

by Anonymousreply 1903/11/2013

Is this some sort of parody thread or is the public school system an utter and absolute failure?

by Anonymousreply 2003/11/2013

OP, is your question rhetorical? Yes, it's cream cheese. In "Fortune's Children", an overview of the Vanderbilt family by Arthur T. Vanderbilt, there is a passage telling about how at the Florham estate of Florence Adele Vanderbilt McKown, a distant aunt of Anderson Cooper's on his mother's side, homegrown strawberries and cream cheese made from cows' milk on the estate was a favorite dessert. Florham is today a private college in New Jersey. This, in no way should be interpreted that cream cheese is always a dessert, but can be an important part of some.

by Anonymousreply 2103/11/2013

yeah baby powder has baby in it

by Anonymousreply 2203/12/2013

R20, yes, and yes.

by Anonymousreply 2303/12/2013

There's not any cake in it either.

by Anonymousreply 2403/12/2013

No one here has heard of fruit and cheese for dessert? This really is a clueless thread.

by Anonymousreply 2503/12/2013

Cream cheese, which is some kind of fresh cheese. Hard cheese is usually older than a months. Cheese is made from cow, goat or sheep milk.

Gouda (Holland)from cows milk Manchego (Spain)from sheeps milk Mozzarella (Italy)from buffalo milk Crottin de Chavignol is a famous French cheese made from goatsmilk

Endless ways to use milk and make cheese from it.

by Anonymousreply 2603/12/2013

No, of course we know about fruit and cheese as a dessert. We're just disputing the claim that "cream cheese isn't a cheese, it's a dessert."

by Anonymousreply 2703/12/2013

Cream cheese is both a floor wax AND a dessert topping!

by Anonymousreply 2803/12/2013

[quote]No one here has heard of fruit and cheese for dessert? This really is a clueless thread.

So you consider cream cheese to be a dessert cheese? Do you actually unwrap a hunk of Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese and put it out for dessert?

And we're the clueless ones?

by Anonymousreply 2903/12/2013

A bagel with your temp tee, sir?

A bagel? What's a bagel?

by Anonymousreply 3003/12/2013

I love the special Headcheese Cake available every five days at Nick's Greek Diner.

by Anonymousreply 3103/12/2013

Can you make cheesecake from Red Dragon cheese?

by Anonymousreply 3203/12/2013

can I serve it at my baked potato bar party!?

by Anonymousreply 3303/12/2013

[quote] Cheese is made from cow, goat or sheep milk.

Can vegans eat cheese made from human milk?

by Anonymousreply 3403/12/2013

Can Baked Alaska be made locally? Can you make Mars Bars right here on Earth?

by Anonymousreply 3503/12/2013

Cream cheese is NOT a cheese. It's a smooth, spreadable topping, just like butter and yogurt. Do you also consider butter and yogurt to be cheese? Cheese has to be aged to be classified as cheese.

And, yes, cream cheese is a dessert because it's mainly used for dessert, as in cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 3603/12/2013

No R29- that is not at all what I said in my post. Guess you cannot read, or understand what you read.

by Anonymousreply 3703/12/2013

Wait, but there is Della in mortadella, right? Della est morte?

by Anonymousreply 3803/12/2013

r11/36, I am embarrased for you. Take this opportunity to educate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3903/12/2013

[quote] And, yes, cream cheese is a dessert because it's mainly used for dessert, as in cheesecake.

I don't spread cheesecake on my bagels and on toast.

by Anonymousreply 4003/12/2013

op and [r11] are you Jessica Simpson?

by Anonymousreply 4103/12/2013

Italian is ricotta.

by Anonymousreply 4203/12/2013

No 2 in tuna and no cheer in Cheerios.

by Anonymousreply 4303/12/2013

[quote]I don't spread cheesecake on my bagels and on toast.

I don't spread chocolate cake on my bagels, either, but chocolate cake is definitely a dessert.

by Anonymousreply 4403/12/2013

So has there been no consensus reached yet? Is it cheese? Is it a dessert?

Maybe the people saying it's not are talking about the sandy thing, like the Sahara.

by Anonymousreply 4503/12/2013

R37, you're the one with reading comprehension issues.

The thread is about cheesecake, and whether actual cheese is in the recipe. Others answered that yes, cheese, specifically cream cheese, is part of the recipe. Then some yahoo upthread claimed cream cheese isn't cheese, [bold]"it's a dessert".[/bold]

Many posters responded to that post, saying cream cheese [bold]is [/bold]cheese, and is not a dessert. It's an ingredient in many dishes, including breakfast, dips and desserts. It is never just served on its own, and isn't finger food like hard cheeses. It's a very soft cheese that is closer to a spread than a typical hard cheese. It's also not remotely sweet or mild, it is tangy with a distinctive sharpness. It would make a terrible dessert alone (or with fruit), even if you could pick up a cube of it with your fingers.

Then you showed up and called us clueless because "no one here has heard of fruit and cheese for dessert". This is the part where your reading comprehension issues are revealed. We weren't talking about cheese in general. We were talking about a very specific cheese (cream cheese) that is never served on its own. It can't be, unless everyone grabs a spoon and digs in.

In addition to being a pointless non sequitur, your post was also presumptuous. We have heard of "fruit and cheese for dessert", we just weren't discussing that. We're discussing cream cheese, which is not a dessert (or a breakfast or a dip), but an ingredient in many dishes.

So we're the clueless ones with reading comprehension issues? Project much? You bumbled into a thread, posted something stupid and off-topic, made a baseless assumption about what we've "heard of", and insulted us all twice.

Caught up now?

by Anonymousreply 4603/12/2013

This thread has Robert Altman quality to it where we listen in to different strings of conversation about cheesecakes.

I can almost see the camera glancing over us all from one side of the room to the other.

by Anonymousreply 4703/12/2013

r46, we should hang out. Are you as bored as I am?

by Anonymousreply 4803/12/2013

Is butter a dessert? Of course not, no one serves butter alone. It is, however, an [bold]ingredient[/bold] in many desserts. It's also an ingredient in many other dishes.

Now read that paragraph back but replace "butter" with "cream cheese".

It's just as stupid to call cream cheese a dessert as it is to call butter a dessert.

by Anonymousreply 4903/12/2013

who would eat fruit and cheese for dessert? that's weird.

by Anonymousreply 5003/12/2013

Dessert is not synonymous with sweets and pastries, R50.

by Anonymousreply 5103/12/2013

The USDA classifies cream cheese as a cheese, so the legal answer is that cream cheese is a cheese.

There is some disagreement among other sources that seems to be based on whether a milk product that hasn't been treated with rennet can really be called a cheese. Like ricotta, cream cheese is treated with an acid.

Cheese trivia: Small curd cottage cheese is produced with an acid-treated milk product. Large curd cottage cheese is produced with a rennet-treated milk product.

by Anonymousreply 5203/12/2013

[quote]And, yes, cream cheese is a dessert because it's mainly used for dessert, as in cheesecake

Really?!

by Anonymousreply 5303/12/2013

[quote]And, yes, cream cheese is a dessert because it's mainly used for dessert, as in cheesecake

You don't say!

by Anonymousreply 5403/12/2013

I can only imagine that the people claiming its "a dessert" are shut-in flyoverians in some god-forsaken red state where there are no Jews. It's so firmly attached to lox and bagels for most of us that this can be the only explanation for these posts.

by Anonymousreply 5503/12/2013

Chocolate is an ingredient in many other things, many of which are desserts, but by itself it is not a dessert. Ever tried eating unsweetened chocolate?

by Anonymousreply 5703/12/2013

St. Olaf, Op? Southside?

by Anonymousreply 5803/12/2013

[quote]Chocolate is used in savory Mexican moles, but it's still classified as a dessert.

Many dessert items and confections are flavored with sweetened chocolate, but chocolate is not itself a dessert. Chocolate is super bitter.

by Anonymousreply 5903/12/2013

No it's NOT a "dessert" you fucking imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 6003/12/2013

[quote]Chocolate is used in savory Mexican moles, but it's still classified as a dessert. Cream cheese is no different. It may be used on bagels, but it's still a dessert.

I'm beginning to understand that people who post things like this are using "dessert" to mean "confectionery", whereas the people who are arguing against them are using "dessert" in the conventional sense of "last course of a meal." Same with people puzzled by fruit and cheese as a dessert: they think dessert=confectionery.

(Also, they're thinking cream cheese=confectionery because they've only ever had it sweetened, in something like cheesecake. They've never actually tasted the savory substance the rest of us mean by "cream cheese".)

by Anonymousreply 6103/12/2013

Cream cheese is an American invention developed in 1872 in New York state. A cheese distributor soon commissioned the enterprising dairyman to produce the cream cheese in volume under the trade name "Philadelphia Brand®." The company was eventually bought out by Kraft Foods in 1928, and still remains the most widely-recognized brand of cream cheese in the United States.

Cream cheese is similar to French Neufchatel in that it is made from cow's milk, but differs in that it is unripened and often contains emulsifiers to lend firmness and lengthen shelf-life. USDA law requires standard cream cheese must contain at least 33 percent fat and no more than 55 percent water, although there are low-fat and nonfat varieties now on the market.

Cream cheese is categorized as a fresh cheese since it is unaged. As a result, it has a short shelf life, once opened. The flavor is mild, fresh-tasting, and sweet, yet has a pleasing slight tang. At room temperature, cream cheese spreads easily and has a smooth and creamy texture. It is sold in foil-wrapped blocks or in a soft-spread form which has air whipped in to make it spreadable right from the refrigerator. Many flavored versions are also now available, including those with herbs, fruits, and even salmon blended in.

Cream cheese is one of America's most widely-consumed cheeses. Its soft creamy texture gives richness to cheesecake, frosting, bagel-toppers, and dips and makes wonderfully light and flaky pastry crusts. Along with these more well-known uses, cream cheese is a main ingredient in many savory dishes as well as desserts as you will see in the cream cheese recipe collection.

by Anonymousreply 6203/12/2013

"Is this some sort of parody thread or is the public school system an utter and absolute failure?"

R20, I think the answer to BOTH of your questions is "yes."t

by Anonymousreply 6303/12/2013

Someone tell this moron that there are hard and soft cheeses.

by Anonymousreply 6403/12/2013

Both OP and R11 have to be trolls ... nobody is THAT stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6503/12/2013

I like a German in my chocolate cake.

by Anonymousreply 6703/12/2013

I hate cheesecake. I had a friend who did, too. We were the on,y 2 people we knew who didn't like cheesecake or tomatoes. We had so much in common, but she dumped me as a friend when she married a rich doctor and became a label queen while I stayed in the same lower income bracket.

by Anonymousreply 6803/12/2013

Europe is home to many soft, fresh cheese products similar to American cream cheese.

Quark, a soft fresh cheese made from an acid-treated (no rennet) milk is just one example, and it is also often used in cheesecakes.

by Anonymousreply 6903/12/2013

Yes. Usually Cream cheese, ricotta, farmer's cheese or mascarpone.

by Anonymousreply 7003/12/2013

[quote]It may be used on bagels, but it's still a dessert.

It [bold]may[/bold] be used on bagels???

R11, with each post you demonstrate you cultural ignorance more.

Saying cream cheese "may be" served on a bagel is like saying meatballs "may be" served with spaghetti or peanut butter "may be" paired with grape jelly.

And for the zillionth time, it is not a dessert (or any other course), it is an ingredient.

by Anonymousreply 7103/12/2013

This thread reminds me of my frustration and disappointment I had with Spotted Dick.

by Anonymousreply 7203/12/2013

[quote]Europeans would laugh in your faces if you called cream cheese an actual cheese.

They'd laugh in your face if you said, their cows give you holes in your brain, but they do.

by Anonymousreply 7403/12/2013

[r66] Many Europeans love Philadelphia Cream Cheese. You're an idiot. Some Italians like it more than mascarpone.

by Anonymousreply 7603/12/2013

[r75] you do understand yourself to be a moron, yes?

by Anonymousreply 7703/12/2013

Really R75? I would doubt that most people have never eaten a bagel. They're sold in every supermarket in America as well as at every Starbucks and Coffee Bean the world over. And some places, like Dunkin' Donuts, even make sandwiches out of them.

by Anonymousreply 7803/12/2013

I desperately hope I don't know the "CREAM CHEESE IS DESSERT" cunt in real life.

Is anybody genuinely, truly, really this stupid?

by Anonymousreply 7903/12/2013

[quote]Is anybody genuinely, truly, really this stupid?

While I'm sure there are some people exactly this -- uh -- challenged, I suspect R75, etc., is just another lonely troll trying to entertain himself.

by Anonymousreply 8003/12/2013

R73? R55 isn't the freak here. The only freak is the moron troll insisting that cream cheese isn't cheese but a "dessert". That much stupidity in just one claim is hard to fathom.

by Anonymousreply 8103/12/2013

R68, maybe you could be friends with my father, the third person on the planet who hates cheesecake. He does like tomatoes, but can't abide cream cheese.

by Anonymousreply 8203/12/2013

By your reasoning, butter is a dessert, r83.

by Anonymousreply 8403/12/2013

Is OP Jessica Simpson?

by Anonymousreply 8503/12/2013

No ACTUAL cheese. It's a little known secret that the main ingredient in cheese cake is the smegma of a deceased platypus.

by Anonymousreply 8603/12/2013

Cream cheese, ricotta, mascarpone can be included in cheese cake. Cream cheese is traditional in American cheese cake. Cream cheese is not a dessert and would not be featured on a dessert cheese plate; it is an ingredient of many dishes. It is a soft, spreadable cheese. Bagels were introduced to this country well over a hundred but it was not until the abomination known as the Lender's bagel gained national distribution in the 1970s that they became a cross-over food, sold at Dunkin Donuts and incorporated into MacDonald's breakfast sandwiches.

None of this is news unless you live in a red state in which case how does it feel to have parents who are brother and sister?

by Anonymousreply 8703/12/2013

This is why I love DL. Only on this message board would a discussion about cream cheese immediately degenerate into virtual screeching and hair pulling.

by Anonymousreply 8803/12/2013

This has to be the STUPIDEST thread of any, ever. End of.

by Anonymousreply 8903/12/2013

reply 83 wrote: "No, Europeans do not consider cream cheese a cheese."

You're wrong about that.

Here in Italy, Philadelphia brand cream cheese is rather popular. And yes, it is considered a cheese.

On the packaging, under the name Philadelphia, are the words: "Formaggio Fresco".

The word "formaggio" means cheese in English. And "fresco" identifies it as a fresh (rather than aged) cheese.

Italy of course has it's own soft young cheeses such as stracchino and mascarpone.

The Italian website of Philadelphia cream cheese:

by Anonymousreply 9003/12/2013

I haven't laughed so hard on Datalounge in years - this is what the golden years were like. Bitchy mixed with petty and idiotic and acidic (r46 nails it). We need more people like this dumbass repeatedly insisting that cream cheese is a dessert - so they can be nailed mercilessly to the wall.

by Anonymousreply 9103/12/2013

In another post, someone was amazed to learn that pickles are made from cucumbers.

by Anonymousreply 9203/12/2013

Where the fuck do you live that 90% of the people you know have never eaten a bagel? China? They have them at Dunkin' Donuts, McDonald and at the supermarker -- in TWO locations, the bread aisle and frozen.

And what about Bagel Bites? They're a nationally known product.

The idea that "90%" of people have never eaten a bagel is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 9303/12/2013

My aunt makes the worst cheescake "from scartch" every Thanksgiving, and everyone oohhhs and aaahhhs over it, but honestly the cheeseckae tastes like vomit.

This has been going on for almost twenty years and I may eventually let her know that her cheesecake tastes like dog vomit, and everyone says so behind her back.

by Anonymousreply 9403/12/2013

[quote] In another post, someone was amazed to learn that pickles are made from cucumbers.

What?! I had no idea

by Anonymousreply 9603/12/2013

Hey, dessert guy, check this out:

HAM ROLLS

take a thin rectangular slice of deli ham

spread with soft cream cheese

lay a green onion across the short end

roll up like a cigar & slice the cigar crosswise into coins

lay coins flat on a tray

repeat -- cover & chill

Don't serve at a bar/bat mitzvah, but everyone else loves them.

by Anonymousreply 9703/12/2013

[r83] CREAM CHEESE is fucking cheese ~ you fucking microcephalic _ Jesus Fucking Christ look it up, anus

by Anonymousreply 9803/12/2013

Cream cheese is a soft, mild-tasting cheese with a high fat content. Traditionally, it is made from unskimmed milk enriched with additional cream.[1][2] In the United States of America, it is defined by the US Department of Agriculture as containing at least 33% milk fat (as marketed) with a moisture content of not more than 55%, and a pH range of 4.4 to 4.9.[3] In other countries, it is defined differently and may need a considerably higher fat content.[4] Cream cheese is not naturally matured and is meant to be consumed fresh, and so it differs from other soft cheeses such as Brie and Neufchâtel. It is more comparable in taste, texture and production methods to Boursin and Mascarpone.

by Anonymousreply 9903/12/2013

Europe Early prototypes of cream cheese were referenced in England as early as 1583[1][2] and in France as early as 1651.[5][6] Recipes are recorded soon after 1754, particularly from Lincolnshire and the southwest of England.[7] [edit]

by Anonymousreply 10003/12/2013

Cream cheese is often spread on bread, bagels, crackers, etc., and used as a dip for potato chips and similar snack items, and in salads. It can be mixed with other ingredients to make spreads, such as yogurt-cream spread (1.25 parts cream cheese, 1 part yogurt, whipped). Cream cheese can be used for many purposes in sweet and savoury cookery, and is in the same family of ingredients as other milk products, such as cream, milk, butter, and yoghurt. It can be used in cooking to make cheesecake and to thicken sauces and make them creamy. Cream cheese is sometimes used in place of or with butter (typically two parts cream cheese to one part butter) when making cakes or cookies, and cream cheese frosting. It is the main ingredient in crab rangoon, an appetizer commonly served at American Chinese restaurants. It can also be used instead of butter or olive oil in mashed potatoes. It is also commonly used in some western-style sushi rolls. US cream cheese tends to have lower fat content than elsewhere, but "Philadelphia" branded cheese is sometimes suggested as a substitute for petit suisse.[13] [edit]

by Anonymousreply 10103/12/2013

In Spain, cream cheese is sometimes called by the generic name queso filadelfia, following the marketing of Philadelphia branded cream cheese by Kraft Foods.[16] [edit]

by Anonymousreply 10203/12/2013

Most of you queens consider ordering Thai take out and setting it out with your Mikasa china "cooking" so how the fuck would you bitches know?

by Anonymousreply 10303/12/2013

[quote]Cream cheese is a desert. Cream cheese is NOT a desert.

This reminds me of the ad pitch for non-dairy topping that Don and Megan did last season on Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 10403/12/2013

Are there flowers in flour?

by Anonymousreply 10503/12/2013

Are there actual cats in cat food?

Are there actual dogs in dog food?

by Anonymousreply 10603/12/2013

Are there flowers in flour?

by Anonymousreply 10703/12/2013

Holy shit! Did you see that picture on that Italian wedsite? They put it in a salad! It's a fucking vegetable!

by Anonymousreply 10803/12/2013

Is there Mich in MichFest?

by Anonymousreply 10903/12/2013

Is there cock in cak?

by Anonymousreply 11003/12/2013

The only thing worse than the question, are the people who feel the need to respond.....

Now I am one of you.

Cream cheese is a type of cheese that has been made creamy. Sometimes it is used in cake.

by Anonymousreply 11103/12/2013

Is There Actual Angels In Angel Food Cake? Is There Actual Sponge In Sponge Cake?

by Anonymousreply 11203/12/2013

[quote]Is There Actual Angels In Angel Food Cake?

No, of course not (and check your grammar).

[quote]Is There Actual Sponge In Sponge Cake?

Yes, actually. The various definitions of "sponge" go beyond the sea sponge organism or the cellulose kitchen/bath tool to include a matrix of dough or batter inflated with bubbles of gas. A sponge cake IS a sponge.

But those of you riffing off this approach are missing the point. Cheesecake does contain actual real cheese.

by Anonymousreply 11303/12/2013

Is there a butt in butter?..

by Anonymousreply 11403/12/2013

there is, that's why I always use it as lube!

by Anonymousreply 11603/12/2013

JUST TASTE IT, R104.

by Anonymousreply 11703/12/2013

R45, The "Sahara" is no longer the "Sahara" but "SLS Las Vegas." No joke.

R43, There is no "2" in the Mexican fruit, "tuna" either.

by Anonymousreply 11803/12/2013

The Damon Butt is in butter

by Anonymousreply 11903/12/2013

He's got some cheese too!

by Anonymousreply 12003/13/2013

Correction: If you live in a trailer park, cream cheese alongside strawberries is haute cuisine. And you probably have never tasted a bagel. The rest of us will take our strawberries with brown sugar or mascarpone or creme fraiche or balsamic or just about anything other than a slab of cream cheese.

by Anonymousreply 12103/13/2013

R115- there are dried and candied fruits in fruitcake. Fresh fruit pieces don't hold up so well when baked into that type of dense spice cake, and are better used in such things as fruit pies, when they aren't oppressed by the weight of the other ingredients and can be the top layer (or almost the top layer). The dried and candied nature of the fruits also helps the cake last for longer- some people get really nasty with it and save fruitcakes for months, preserved in alcohol. My dad dumps a bottle of Jack Daniels over a fruitcake every year and then eats it in tiny pieces until about Valentine's Day. It is foul.

by Anonymousreply 12203/13/2013

Yes of course everyone must be taught how to enjoy a strawberry. R121.

by Anonymousreply 12303/13/2013

Nobody tell R11 that tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable. The poor love will have a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 12403/13/2013

Is there a sara in Sara Lee Apple pie?

by Anonymousreply 12503/13/2013

que sara?

by Anonymousreply 12603/13/2013

[quote]some people get really nasty with it and save fruitcakes for months, preserved in alcohol.

Dude... they can last YEARS.

My mom makes an excellent fruit-cake actually. Not one of the gross ones with the flourescent candied fruit crap. It's mostly a blend of nuts and currants and such (dried apricots too I think).

They're super rich, so only one tiny slice is all you want or need, but it has really good, very intense flavor. And I think the record is three or four years old... they keep just fine tightly wrapped (in foil and plastic) in the back of the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 12703/14/2013

[quote]Nobody tell [R11] that tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.

by Anonymousreply 12803/14/2013

Love that r128.

by Anonymousreply 12903/14/2013

Yes, but it is cream cheese, so no.

by Anonymousreply 13003/14/2013

Hey R11, guess what I'm eating? Carrots and celery sticks...with cream cheese. And not any old cream cheese, VEGGIE cream cheese, with little bits of celery, green onions and red pepper. I also went with the CHIVES variety, but maybe next time. I saw it in the market, right next the ARTICHOKE cream cheese.

Yep, nothing says dessert like carrots, celery, onions, chives, red peppers and artichoke.

by Anonymousreply 13103/14/2013

As r128's post highlights, the very dumbest thing about the "cream cheese is a dessert" debacle is that it has no relevance to the OP's question. Even if cream cheese were a dessert (which it not), it would still be a fucking cheese. So yes, OP, cheesecake contains cheese.

by Anonymousreply 13203/14/2013

r131, carrots are found in carrot cake, so obviously, they're a dessert.

by Anonymousreply 13303/14/2013

Are we finally all in agreement that:

1) There is actual cheese in cheese cake

and

2) Cream Cheese is cheese, and not a 'dessert'?

by Anonymousreply 13404/01/2013

I guess so.

by Anonymousreply 13504/02/2013

We bitch about stuff like this and yet nobody on datalounge has created a thread about vitally important information: that Umpy has moved to Texas to be jobless and is renting out his place in the Carolinas.

by Anonymousreply 13604/02/2013

Frum-unda cheese. Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 13704/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.