Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What is about priests and people who are religious and their need to molest little kids?

It seems to me that this the field where child molestation happens the most. Is there any reason for it? And why kids. Why don't religious people become full-fledged rapists. Wouldn't it be kinder to rape an adult than a child?

by Anonymousreply 5903/15/2013

Yes, we call it polite rape. It's not real rape rape.

by Anonymousreply 103/11/2013

My theory is: Pedophiles were originally drawn to the priesthood by the vow of celibacy. They knew that they couldn't act on their urges without going to jail, so they sought out a place where all sexuality was repressed.

And then they found that the church enabled their urges, instead of surpressing them.

by Anonymousreply 203/11/2013

Closeted men traditionally became priests because the Roman Catholic seminaries are havens for homosexual activity. You can join the priesthood without being questioned about why you didn't marry or settle down with a woman. Tom Cruise wanted to be a priest.

by Anonymousreply 303/11/2013

Most priests engage in sexual activity discreetly with other priests but there are some who cant control their urge for the altar boys.

by Anonymousreply 403/11/2013

It wasn't unusual not so long ago for 12 or 13 year olds to enter minor seminary. In many ways, their emotional development remained at the level of a 12 or 13 year old. They can connect emotionally with much younger individuals

by Anonymousreply 503/11/2013

Well firstly, paedophiles will be attracted to the profession because it gives them a reason to be around children and trusted.

But some of these people might just be sexually repressed and it's an outlet for that (all very unhealthy) - they don't become rapists because with kids they have power over the kid and can manipulate them more easily - rape of adults is more difficult.

by Anonymousreply 603/11/2013

R5 is certainly right in many cases: the sexuality of priests remains infantile.

by Anonymousreply 703/11/2013

Wait or we equating pedophilia with homosexuality?

I, as a straight chick, consider them two separate things.

As a straight woman, I would never commit rape on a child, and I am pretty much sexless.

As a homosexual male priest, one would think he would go after men, if he wanted to satisfy his urges.

In contrast, the pedophile is a person who is a deviant. They will go after male or female children, because it satisfies a different urge. Plus, a pedophile, who is not a priest, can date, but yet they choose children.

Personally, I think we had pedophile priests -- not homosexual priests.

by Anonymousreply 803/13/2013

[quoteWait or we equating pedophilia with homosexuality?

Get the terms right, it is not pedophilia when they are teenagers.

Most priests prefer boys 13 to 18.

by Anonymousreply 903/13/2013

There's the question of priests having the emotional maturity of a 12-year-old, due to the vow of celibacy etc. That's one thing.

There's also the question of power and especially the power over mind and soul. Organised religion is a question of power I think. And it doesn't seem so surprising that people attracted by a carrier in an organised religion should want to exert power over others, both emotionally and sexually. Children are much easier to manipulate than adults, and if you add to that having the emotional maturity of a child or a teenager, then it follows that these end up being pursued.

by Anonymousreply 1003/13/2013

I think R2 has it right. Until very recently, the priesthood allowed sexual deviants to hide in plain sight. They could have a respected vocation and indulge in their depravity at will. It was the perfect environment for pedo's.

I also believe that many self loathing pedo's joined the priesthood hoping, through faith and will power, to be exorcised of their demons. It never works though. Not long term.

by Anonymousreply 1103/13/2013

Sexual repression does strange things.

by Anonymousreply 1203/13/2013

Stupid and repressed people look to faith to give them the answers to their prayers and well, the church does provide a near endless supply of little altar boys.

by Anonymousreply 1303/13/2013

I think R2 nailed it. Holds true for pedophiles and gay priets. They think becoming a priest will supress their urge and instead they find outlets and even protection. In this case there is nothing wrong with homosexuality and there is everything wrong with pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 1403/13/2013

Once again it is worth stating if the kids were pubescent (as most were) it is not pedophilia.

Use the right words people.

by Anonymousreply 1503/13/2013

Pedophiles are attracted to jobs that give them easy access to children and, of course, the Catholic church turns a blind eye.

by Anonymousreply 1603/13/2013

Religious people by definition are in arrested development.

by Anonymousreply 1703/13/2013

[quote]Wouldn't it be kinder to rape an adult than a child?

One of the dumbest sentences ever posted on DL. And that's saying something.

If they could control and channel their urges like that, OP, wouldn't it be kinder not to rape at all? How many rapists do you know who practice kindness?

by Anonymousreply 1803/13/2013

What about teachers? Scout leaders? Evangelical protestant ministers? Members of Congress?

What is is about them and their need to molest little kids, or their attraction to someone much younger over whom they feel power?

There are far more cases of teachers' sexual misconduct with students than priests or ministers with children or youth. It seems to be in local news all over the country, with web sites dedicated to the many news stories. Why don't we similarly question the entire teaching profession, since it is so clearly dominated by these people? Doesn't the same logic apply?

by Anonymousreply 1903/13/2013

Pedophilia or hebephilia, it's still the sexual exploitation of immature individuals who aren't of the legal age of consent. It is NOT the moral equivalent of adults having consensual sex.

by Anonymousreply 2003/13/2013

Thank you R20. Can't stand the pedo/hebo hair splitters here on DL. They're sick perverts who think they have every right to exploit a 15 y/o just because he's sexually mature.

by Anonymousreply 2103/13/2013

Well, Jesus did say, "Suffer the little children..."

by Anonymousreply 2203/13/2013

Agreed R20 but it is important to use the terms correctly.

R21 you are nuts. I think it is wrong to exploit a 15 year old, however I do think it is right to use our language correctly.

by Anonymousreply 2303/13/2013

TRIGGER WARNING! TRIGGER WARNING!

by Anonymousreply 2403/13/2013

There's the exclamation point troll at R25, spreading hate and homophobic propaganda as usual.

Are you still a bi femme girl? Or are you back to hanging with your "non nelly" bros in So Cal? Or do you have a new persona for us?

by Anonymousreply 2603/13/2013

Exactly, R20. Thank you. Go to hell, R25. You're hurting everyone.

by Anonymousreply 2703/13/2013

that's bullshit, most pedos identify as straight.

by Anonymousreply 2803/13/2013

In my extensive experience, at least in my denomination(s) of involvement in Protestant Christianity (with which I am NOT involved anymore), adult sexual affairs and sexual harassment are more popular than child molestation, or at least as of recently. Many of the denominations therein are actually big on not letting children spend time alone with anybody.

by Anonymousreply 2903/13/2013

In the past priests had a clout of power telling people what to do and think while being able to do whatever they want without repercussion.

by Anonymousreply 3003/13/2013

Young gay guys who are in a state of mental distress about having gay feelings think to the future and do not want to marry a woman or kill themselves. So, the only option is to become a priest so that no one will ask them "do you have a girlfriend?" or "when are you getting married?"

Just because they are priests doesn't mean they don't have hormones of a normal man and it bottles up so much and their need for a loving touch causes them to try it with children since an adult male that they would hit on would more likely tell other members of the church and it would like to everyone knowing they are truly gay.

I can't imagine a totally straight guy ever wanting to become a priest.

by Anonymousreply 3103/13/2013

Fuck off, troll. You need to be banned, STAT.

by Anonymousreply 3403/13/2013

[quote]that's bullshit, most pedos identify as straight.

Even the one that go for boys, e.g. Jerry Sandusky, married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 3503/13/2013

I wonder if the dividing line between appropriate touching or hugging and something more sexual is not clearly defined in the minds and therefore in the behavior of some molesters.

by Anonymousreply 3603/13/2013

Most molesters don't see anything wrong with their actions. They actually believe they do the kids an honorable favor by bonding with them on a much deeper level.

by Anonymousreply 3703/13/2013

R37, I've met men who admitted molesting and they all claim that the abused "really wanted it," and "was acting seductive." How did their thinking get so twisted?

by Anonymousreply 3803/13/2013

"There are far more cases of teachers' sexual misconduct with students than priests or ministers with children or youth."

Can you please identify your source for this "information," and provide the figures?

by Anonymousreply 3903/13/2013

r38, you believe what you want to believe. That is all the reason and motivation you need.

by Anonymousreply 4003/13/2013

r9 Most of the victims of church sex abuse seem to be 12 years old --- not 17 or 18 year olds. These priest are pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 4303/13/2013

r20 I agree

by Anonymousreply 4403/13/2013

R40, Thanks for responding. I've just always been curious about twisted mind sets.

by Anonymousreply 4503/13/2013

#9 has posted his cockeyed hypothesis on several threads. I guess he assumes if the boy "has hair down there" it's not child molestation.

Remembering back to when I was a 14-16 yr. old virgin, I was definitely a "boy".

by Anonymousreply 4603/13/2013

There's just something about a 12 year old boy in a dress that turns them on. Know the best part, he looks only 8 when he's in the shower. I was hoping somebody would bonb Rome while all those pedos were in the same place. Too bad Bieber's tour hadn't hit town. I guess he's too old for them now. Guess they sit around and watch reruns of Zack and Cody in their spare time.

by Anonymousreply 4703/13/2013

Little boys are more like girls than men. These people are not gay.

by Anonymousreply 4803/13/2013

I've done a couple of priests. Talk about bottoms. Gotta run, NMBLA meeting over at St Pats in an hour. Watching Lord of the Flies today.

by Anonymousreply 4903/13/2013

Youthful innocence is so irresistible to them like a moth is attracted to light.

by Anonymousreply 5003/13/2013

Could it be like serial killers: whatever they have access to? In the s.k. cases, prostitutes, runaways... the marginal people in society.

After a certain age, it's not so easy to rape somebody.

by Anonymousreply 5103/13/2013

Don't think so R51. There's plenty of evidence that pedo molesters are the ones who lose interest in their prey as they mature and start looking more like men. Then they move on to the next 12 year old.

by Anonymousreply 5203/13/2013

"It seems to me that this the field where child molestation happens the most"

No, studies show that TEACHING is the field that attracts the most abusers. If you want to abuse kids...you seek out a profession where you get to be around kids.

"After a certain age, it's not so easy to rape somebody."

Well, many younger priests have abused boys. I think in SOME of these cases, the men are gay and find it easier to rape a boy than a grown man who can put up a fight or run away easily. I'm not saying that ALL or even most molesters are gay - just that rape is a crime that involves a degree of physical force (usually, except when the victim is drugged, passed out, or incapacitated in some way)and most of the abuse cases in the church involved boys who were preteens or in their early teens. At that age, boys are about the size of a small adult female. Once they hit 14 or 15 or so they start getting bigger than most grown women.

by Anonymousreply 5303/13/2013

Coaching is another area where men are often pedos.

by Anonymousreply 5403/13/2013

Those glue sniffing little chickens in Argrntina better watch their arses tonight. It's gonna be a boy buttfest down there tonight.

by Anonymousreply 5503/13/2013

R39 asked for sources of my information about teachers.

Here's news of one recent example (charged, not convicted), with links to another story.

More to come.

by Anonymousreply 5603/13/2013

The priests in my archdicoese and further afield were caught molesting adolescent girls, actually.

I think a combination of

1) sick sexual repression a-la-celibacy,

2) arrested development as people have pointed out above,

3) plain pedophilia involving pedophiles who are drawn to arenas where they have power and children do not, and where they are "trusted" by parents (coaching, religion, teachers, youth workers, TV celebrities who work with children like the UK's Jimmy Savile)

and 4) institutions that turn a blind eye (churches, Scouting, BBC, children's homes - any big institution where children and adults are together) all combine to create systematic child sex abuse. With that in mind, Hollywood and the child entertainment industry deserves a closer look.

by Anonymousreply 5703/13/2013

More examples for R39 about teacher/student sex scandals.

There are top 50 lists for most recent years. Bread and butter for sites like DumbassDaily.

Most teachers are women. Most of the scandals involve women who are convicted because they are in a position of authority and power over the student.

by Anonymousreply 5803/13/2013

Repression has its price.

It comes out in anger, sexual perversion or warped views.

by Anonymousreply 5903/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.