Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

People driving past you making fun of you by calling you a homophobic slur, or throwing things at you

Have you ever encountered a person driving past you and screaming something mean at you or throwing something at you. How do you react in those situation? I've had people drive past me screaming " you are a faggot". (I have no idea who those people are, their voices don't sound familiar) How do you deal with it? Do you just walk away and forget about it? Do you brush it off as if nothing happened?

by Anonymousreply 15309/28/2013

Wave with a big smile, darling, as if they yelled out Bob and your name is Bob. You ARE a F*G. It's only bad if you believe it is.

by Anonymousreply 103/11/2013

I ignore it. I wish there was a way to get back. But most people strike down. These incidents usually involve multiple people against one person or someone much larger against a smaller person. You can't fight them off and that's what they want. They want to get in their verbal punch with no consequences. It's sick. Despite everything we hear now, heterosexuals have always had negative views about gay people. They will go out of their way to express them. The study "The Gender Belief System, Authoritarianism, Social Dominance Orientation, and Heterosexuals ’ Attitudes Toward Lesbians and Gay Men" by Bernard E. Whitley I think is the definitive work on anti-gay bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 203/11/2013

I guy I worked with at Disney had an issue with this. Around '99/00, he was at the McDonald's drive-thru buying some kind of N'SYNC tape/cd they had. He drove a Geo Metro with a gay pride colored Mickey Mouse bumper sticker. When some guys heard what he was ordering and saw the sticker, they started yelling obscenities at him and got out and shook his little Geo Metro. It scared him to death.

by Anonymousreply 403/11/2013

Every fucking time I go home to New England I get this. 'Faggot!' 'Homo!' etc. etc.

..and I HAVE been getting this treatment since I was a teenager. I am not nearly as fem as other guys I hang out with, but I am a target for sure.

I'm pretty used to it, bt it's certainly annoying and weird. I'm 42 now, and it still happens. It's old. Driving by with a comment is clever because you wont be able to respond with aplomb.

by Anonymousreply 503/11/2013

Damn, this really made me mad. A few months ago there was a thread about what point in their life people gained confidence, I starred it because it had some great points, here is one now:

"Around 9th grade when I started realizing why people do the things they do and how little they understand about me and my world. After you really understand that, walking by most people is like walking by a barking dog. Yeah, you hear it and you may notice whether it's chained up or not, but you really don't care what it thinks because, well, it's a dog."

by Anonymousreply 603/11/2013

R5 It isn't exclusive to New England. We get it here in Hollywood. And in Vegas, too.

by Anonymousreply 703/11/2013

I was walking in a suburban neighborhood on a nice evening with a straight friend and some teenagers drove by, yelled "FAGGOTS!" and threw eggs at us. Very disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 903/11/2013

The old adage "sticks and stones" applies here. There's nothing wrong with being gay so if anyone calls me names based on that, I just shrug. As long as it's just words, I don't care. Even eggs wouldn't humiliate me, they can be washed off. Redneck morons exist and are a fact of life like the weather. You can't change it so it's a waste of time to complain about it. Just shrug it off and move on.

by Anonymousreply 1003/11/2013

Expect nothing but grunts from pigs.

by Anonymousreply 1103/11/2013

Is saying 'and PROUD of it good'?

by Anonymousreply 1303/11/2013

This happened to me exactly once, 20 years ago. I was standing in the rain trying to hail a cab late at night and a car of drunk college or HS kids drove by and screamed "ARE YOU A FAGGOT?" It was so absurd I laughed it off. Was he expecting an answer? He was halfway up the next block before he finished slurring his words out.

[quote]Do you just walk away and forget about it? Do you brush it off as if nothing happened?

What are your other options? Hunting them down for vengeance? Run home screaming to mommy? Look, I get that your flame probably glows brighter than most, but man up, honey. We learned about sticks and stones in kindergarten.

by Anonymousreply 1403/11/2013

[quote} it's a waste of time to complain about it.

[quote]you've got the Abuse Me I'm Gay bumper sticker.

Terrible advice, terrible comments, bordering on abusive.

Imagine telling this to a black person who got called "n***er" in Mississippi in 1950 or a Jew who got called an epithet. Same shit, different day. "It's a waste of time to complain about it, and you asked for the abuse by being who you are." Sick, sick fucks.

I'm sorry, OP. It can be terrible to have this happen, there are terrible people in the world (this thread helps add additional proof), and the truth is there is no easy fix, but the advice along r6's lines is a good start.

by Anonymousreply 1503/11/2013

agree with r15. or a women being laughed at for her looks.

they all suck

by Anonymousreply 1603/11/2013

What did the guy order at McDonald's that told people he is gay, r4?

R15, could we please stop with the Mississippi in 1950s when it comes to Jews and blacks? It really isn't helpful and it isn't accurate that those things don't happen to those groups anymore. It would be just as easy to say "you wouldn't expect someone subject to religious or racial slurs to just accept it, so don't expect gays to accept it," period.

by Anonymousreply 1703/11/2013

It makes me sad this would happen to anyone. And it could happen to any number of us. I, too, am disappointed that people would blame the recipient here.

by Anonymousreply 1803/11/2013

My thinking... the insults being hurled say more about the hurler, than me.

by Anonymousreply 1903/11/2013

Mississippi in *1950*?? Try this morning.

by Anonymousreply 2003/11/2013

[quote]Have you ever encountered a person driving past you and screaming something mean at you or throwing something at you. How do you react in those situation?

Carry a pistol.

by Anonymousreply 2103/11/2013

This happened to me just a few weeks ago. I think I look and dress like everyone else but apparently I "read" as gay.

by Anonymousreply 2203/11/2013

r17, where in my post did I say that it doesn't happen anymore?

And I can compare anything to anything else I like, and moreover, this comparison is thoroughly apt. And it's helpful in the sense it can show people what dumb prejudiced fucks they're being when they say things like, "Just get over it" or "what did you do to attract the abuse?"

Sorry you're a bit timid about offending your straight masters and don't want to make any parallels that might offend them, but I tend to speak my mind. The comparison is apt. A disfavored, legally unequal minority has epithets thrown at them. If you don't agree with the comparison, pick up the pieces and move on.

by Anonymousreply 2303/11/2013

In other words, don't be such a school-marm about other people's metaphors, r17.

by Anonymousreply 2403/11/2013

r22, some assholes call everyone they think they can bully "faggot." Don't assume you actually "read" as gay.

by Anonymousreply 2503/11/2013

People in cars are fine; you deal with it. But asswipes like R12 are whole other thing.

by Anonymousreply 2603/11/2013

r15, I didn't say people ask for it, I said redneck morons aren't going to disappear just because it'd be nice they did, so accept that bad things can happen to good people and let it go. Why dwell on it, it's a waste of time. That's letting them get their way, if you don't care, they've failed to get to you.

by Anonymousreply 2703/11/2013

I've had things thrown at me from a passing car twice while waiting at a bus stop. Once it was an egg; it was Hallowe'en, but I think I was targeted because I look like a middle-aged nerdy gay.

Once it was these weird ball bearing-looking things. They hurt like hell and could really have done some damage. I thought At first I thought I had been shot and have always wondered if they were some sort of ammunition (I know nothing about guns and bullets and that sort of thing).

Both times I truly wished for psychokinetic and pyrogenetic powers.

by Anonymousreply 2903/11/2013

Check out this video. Note how much the homophobe pings.

by Anonymousreply 3003/11/2013

[quote]I truly wished for psychokinetic and pyrogenetic powers.

Ask your Pink Pistol friends about propellant powers

by Anonymousreply 3103/11/2013

Calling someone a faggot doesn't mean that one believes that the person is gay. It means that one wants to insult the person, so comes up with the most heinous insult that the bully can imagine, and that's to call the prey gay. (So horrific that the bully often secretly fears the worst about himself, but you knew that.)

When such a person thinks he's being witty by ASKING if one is a faggot, the best response is probably to thank him, but explain that you have other plans for the evening.

by Anonymousreply 3203/11/2013

[quote] it's a waste of time. That's letting them get their way, if you don't care, they've failed to get to you.

I see what you're saying, but this seems dangerously close to "Just accept it" and "If this bothers you, it's your problem." Alongside the sensible suggestion to move forward, there always needs to be acknowledgement of the enormous wrong being done and also the pain it can inflict. Otherwise, you're in danger of joining the "lie back and accept it/you made a victim of yourself" camp.

by Anonymousreply 3303/11/2013

I increase my dosage, as should you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3403/11/2013

This has happened to me a few times, in NYC of all places. The first time was about two years ago. My bf and I were in Chelsea, walking down 7th Ave between 18th/19th Sts at 1am. A bunch of guys in a car with Jersey plates yelled "look at the faggots" as they passed by. About a year ago, I was walking in HK and these two thuggish guys on bikes were biking very slowly pointing out which pedestrians they thought were gay. They looked at me and said "he's a fag." Stuff like this used to bother me. Now I could care less about stupid, ignorant people.

by Anonymousreply 3503/11/2013

Give them the finger

by Anonymousreply 3703/11/2013

"Give them the finger"

Up the ass?

by Anonymousreply 3803/11/2013

It used to happen to me frequently in suburban areas. What they would do is slow down and cree[ i[ from behind as I was walking then honk the horn, yell faggot and roar off, laughing because I jumped.

A couple points: 1. It was in the suburbs so I was usually the only pedestrian around, so there was a bit of a class thing going on (foot traffic=loser to these people) as well as being alone and therefore vulnerable. 2. The key point is to scare you and make you jump, not to identify you as a faggot, the choice of terms is for shock value, although it reinforces the bigotry of the people in the car. 3. It is odd that it was not only teenagers but often adults well into middle age who did it - the key element was that there was always more than one of them in the car, rather than age. and 4. No matter how many times they did it, I still jumped. I don't know why that is.

by Anonymousreply 3903/11/2013

Occasionally they would go around the block for another go, and these people I thought of as dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 4003/11/2013

Like most dataloungers, I got a kick out of the English reporter who put gay slogans on his car and drove through Alabama, including a scary confrontation at a gas station. I used to drive through Alabama all the time with my pride sticker, partially protected because the only people in Alabama who knew what it was were not haters. But one night I was staying at a fleabag motel in a rural area when some trash saw my car in the parking lot and knew what the sticker was. They stood outside the door to my motel room, talking about how they should kill me and steal my car. I turned of all my lights and pretended not to be there and left that hotel at about 3:30 in the morning dropping my key in the slot.

by Anonymousreply 4103/11/2013

I break down and cry right there on the spot. Although, it's never happened to me before.

by Anonymousreply 4203/11/2013

R30's clip is excellent. True the 'homophobe' pings like hell and is such a coward, he's terrified.

Well done the guy who posted the clip.

by Anonymousreply 4303/11/2013

Closet cases are the WORST!

by Anonymousreply 4403/11/2013

If you LOOK gay, and ACT gay, why are so upset when people notice?

by Anonymousreply 4503/11/2013

Looking and acting gay are constructs in your head, R45, not realities.

by Anonymousreply 4603/11/2013

Then why is it so easy to spot the faggot on the street, r46?

They keep getting it right.

by Anonymousreply 4703/11/2013

Young guy, probably drunk, yelled "Die, Faggot" and threw a glass soda bottle at me - missed by a mile. He drove away fast, and didn't come back. I ignored the idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4803/11/2013

R4, this was probably before everyone had cell phones, if they touched my car like that I would immediately call police.

The other cat-calling in some cases by teenagers is teenagers thinking they are funny.

by Anonymousreply 4903/11/2013

Jesus, OP, I said I was sorry!

by Anonymousreply 5003/11/2013

Hunt them down and slit their throats, of course.

by Anonymousreply 5203/11/2013

This is what some guy named Turtle did. He put it on youtube.:

"This afternoon, my partner Turtle walked out of our apartment to grab a bite. Before he even left our block, a man called him “faggot” as he passed. Rather than let the guy get away with it, Turtle decided to confront this man about his hateful behavior. And he filmed it.

Notice how well Turtle handles himself in this video. No need to fight hate with hate; calling him “slick hair” is as hateful as Turtle gets (which is hilarious and awesome). He lets that ignorant clown have it with poise and decency. Not surprising, considering Turtle is the absolute best guy around and I couldn’t be prouder of him.

Our neighbors saw this altercation, and told Turtle that this man has been harassing their thirteen year-old son for years, sometimes even calling him “faggot” while the kid was in recess at school with his peers. They know who he is and where he lives. They’ve been too scared for the kid’s safety to do anything about it. But it’s going to end today.

by Anonymousreply 5303/11/2013

Just being a well-adjusted human being is enough to make the phreaks phobic.

by Anonymousreply 5503/11/2013

I went to college in a small town, very conservative type small town. Well one late night, it was a weekend, I was holding hands with one of my boyfriends walking downtown and two frat boys sped past yelling "f*a*g*g*o*t! and threw cold slushes at us.

by Anonymousreply 5603/11/2013

Is incensed because they failed to throw omelets.

by Anonymousreply 5703/11/2013

I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh at someone taking the time to yell out "You are a faggot" instead of just "You're a fag". I laugh so easily these days.

by Anonymousreply 5803/11/2013

thanks for posting r53

by Anonymousreply 5903/11/2013

That is great. It's also great to remember people who did that in past decades paid with their lives for being like Turtle.

by Anonymousreply 6003/11/2013

The majority of this disgusting behavior is perpetrated by packs of heterosexual men in an attempt to display their dominance and "masculinity" to one another. They target anyone they deem inferior and easy to pick on -- women, gays or visible minorities.

by Anonymousreply 6203/11/2013

R62, tells the truth.

by Anonymousreply 6303/11/2013

[quote]I think this isn't always hate, but sometimes a perverse way men try to tell you that you need to "man-up"- stop embarrassing them, and yourself. For your own good. Tough love, see?

Sort of like the Spanish Inquisition's love for the souls of the people it tortured?

Actually, i think very few bullies are so motivated.

by Anonymousreply 6503/11/2013

r62 is right. Try being a woman while walking, biking, or standing at a bus stop. If you're young or hot, you get a stream of sexual threats. If you're old or homely, you get barraged with insults.

How dare you leave the house, female!

by Anonymousreply 6703/11/2013

Fuck patriarchy!

by Anonymousreply 6803/11/2013

I just tried to find that youtube video again and it's been removed by Youtube for: This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy prohibiting content designed to harass, bully or threaten.

Can you believe that?!!??

by Anonymousreply 6903/11/2013

Not a weapon, an example.

by Anonymousreply 7103/11/2013

As a fat chick, I get randomly insulted and yelled at by people driving by ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

It happens AT LEAST once a week, literally.

Why can't these assholes mind their own fucking business?

by Anonymousreply 7203/11/2013

I've only experienced one incident. I was walking a few blocks from my apartment on a Saturday morning. A couple of guys in their early 20s drove by and yelled "Motherfucking faggot" in my direction. It wasn't just me, though. As they drove down the block, they were yelling stuff - racial, sexual, etc. at everyone they passed.

by Anonymousreply 7303/11/2013

So the general pattern seems to be a bunch of teenage morons driving by one or two guys yells out "faggot!" What cowards.

Once in a very blue moon some freak will say it in passing on the street. It's always some sketched-out schizophrenic. So that tells you a lot about the mentality of these people in general.

by Anonymousreply 7403/11/2013

Were you traveling by bus in the desert at the time?

by Anonymousreply 7503/11/2013

R6, any chance you have a link to that thread?

by Anonymousreply 7603/11/2013

Not r6, but here anyway...For r76

by Anonymousreply 7703/11/2013

I'm truly sorry, r72. I respect and value what you have to offer as a human.

For some reason, someone calling me "faggot" doesn't make me angry...but someone calling someone else "faggot" makes me enraged.

by Anonymousreply 7803/11/2013

me too r78. I am r6 and am glad someone linked the thread, it was very nice and I hope you guys read it and add other things to it. Every time this comes up in my thread watcher I get sad and mad to read the newest posts.

by Anonymousreply 7903/11/2013

Straight guys will taunt each other with the ultimate insult of "faggot" if they feel one of their bros isn't acting right ("You're not going out with us with that faggoty hat on").

by Anonymousreply 8003/11/2013

R57, have you ever been egged?

by Anonymousreply 8103/11/2013

Thank you, R78.

by Anonymousreply 8203/12/2013

So true R78

by Anonymousreply 8303/12/2013

This is why we hate heteros.

by Anonymousreply 8403/12/2013

[quote]"Motherfucking faggot"

Oxymoronic, deeply stupid, to be pitied. Animal noises are more eloquent.

by Anonymousreply 8503/12/2013

Jesus, R72 where the hell do you live that those horrendous things happen? That is totally ridiculous.

Here's a hug (((())))) never in a 100 million years should you have to endure that.

by Anonymousreply 8603/12/2013

I don't care about being called names.. sticks and stoness.. BUT what bothers me is having stuff thrown at me.

by Anonymousreply 8703/12/2013

OP? Now you know what women have been going through for the last 100 years.

When I was growing up, my neighborhood was a construction site -- that is, my parents had moved us into a brand-new housing development, and as they built new homes, I was surrounded by male construction workers from the ages of 12 - 18.

As a young lesbian, the catcalls, whistles, and lewd gestures and remarks were not only unwanted, but frightening.

Later, as I became more of what they used to call a "tomboy" (and no, I wasn't fat), the whistles turned into barks and "woofs." Trust me when I tell you, that was very disturbing as well.

So, OP, welcome to the kind of treatment women have been receiving from men for YEARS. How's it feel, hunh?

by Anonymousreply 8803/12/2013

[quote]Jesus, [R72] where the hell do you live that those horrendous things happen? That is totally ridiculous.

Except for the driving part, it sounds like middle school.

by Anonymousreply 9003/12/2013

Although I think r88 may be a bit over the top, r89 that was uncalled for.

by Anonymousreply 9103/12/2013

Is this discussion REALLY about homosexuality? In OP's example he doesn't say anything that would have led the yeller to know about his attractions. In other words, there's no way for the insulter to know. Therefore, he had to be basing it on something ELSE.

What was that "else"?

by Anonymousreply 9203/12/2013

I'm a woman, and I know what you mean R93, gay, straight or bi, those situations are scary and disturbing but what makes you think op or R89 are white?

by Anonymousreply 9403/12/2013

Because you're SO much better than the bullies described throughout this thread, right R89/R95?

Get some help.

by Anonymousreply 9603/12/2013

Wow, this thread took a nasty turn. Unbelievable.

Do you think R88 and R89 even realize they're two sides of the same coin? The man-hating dyke and the bitchy, misogynist queen are two of the worst walking stereotypes in Gayland. You both need to go away.

by Anonymousreply 9703/12/2013

Once while standing on a corner in Chicago I got called a "fucking troll" by a toothless hillbilly driving by in an rusty Oldsmobile.

Another time a group of kids riding those tiny bikes rode by me and my ex and one of them yelled out "I smell faggot!".

Final time in a park in Ireland I watched a group of cute young boys run by and a little red headed boy yelled out "whatcha looking at ya smelly old fart?"

by Anonymousreply 10003/12/2013

R95 is quite a nasty little weakling isn't he? It's so easy to be such a shit on an anonymous forum.

by Anonymousreply 10103/12/2013

R100, one of those things is not like the other.

by Anonymousreply 10203/12/2013

OP, you yell back, "THANKS FOR THE RIMJOB LAST NIGHT!!!" and wave.

by Anonymousreply 10303/12/2013

You're correcting the grammar of an insult from an 8 yr old?

by Anonymousreply 10403/12/2013

[quote]welcome to the kind of treatment women have been receiving from men for YEARS.

Uh, yeah. Because abuse and discrimination against gays is a recent innovation?!

Jeez, r88, you're like a caricature of the bitter, humorless lesbian who can't stand it if anyone else dares to mention that they've had a bad experience with discrimination because it's always all about YOU. If you're discriminated against it's a sob story about the hateful patriarchy, but if it happens to someone else, they deserve it because they're not a womyn.

by Anonymousreply 10503/12/2013

Rocks. Rocks in your pockets and keep them warm, waiting to be used. And have a getaway path planned.

by Anonymousreply 10603/12/2013

R88 = another example of a woman squatting in a gay area, trying to divert attention and make things all about HERself and her problems.

by Anonymousreply 10803/12/2013

Kids in the Hall...FAG!

by Anonymousreply 11003/12/2013

R110, I love you!

by Anonymousreply 11103/12/2013

I wish they would teach anti-bullying in grade schools everywhere. There's no excuse for humans treating each other so terribly. Some of these posts make my heart ache.

by Anonymousreply 11203/12/2013

r99 is almost unreadable but I think it makes a good point if I'm guessing right.

by Anonymousreply 11303/12/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 11403/12/2013

Censored? Why would that be censored when "faggot" is not?

by Anonymousreply 11503/12/2013

OK, here's a obscene/offense test:

dick, pussy, cocksucker, tits, fag, faggot, nigger, effeminate, femmy, kike, gook, spic, homo, bitch, pedo, jap, fuck, ass, asshole, cock, jiggaboo, cracker, honkey, hick, fatty, cunt, balls, cum, twat, hooters, jizz, sissy, negro.

Add your own if I left out any.

by Anonymousreply 11603/12/2013

If you catch their license plate number, can you call the police and report harassment?

by Anonymousreply 11703/12/2013

Holy shit! The only word censored is "e f f e m i n a t e"

Somebody's got some issues.

by Anonymousreply 11803/12/2013

[quote]On top of that she's added enormously to the conversation.

Bullshit, R109. All she added was "Nyah nyah - how do YOU like it?" With all the intelligence and grace of a 6-year old.

by Anonymousreply 11903/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 12003/12/2013

I once encountered a woman who claimed I cut her off with my car at a red light. When we got to the next light (two lane road) she put her window down and called me a fag. I said back to her you bet your ass bitch I would suck dick anyday before I would fuck a nasty cunt like you. She just sat there and stared at me and I proceeded on. It was funny.

by Anonymousreply 12103/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 12203/13/2013

I always wave a big hello too when people yell at me for a perceived driving error. Hopefully it drives them crazy. That being said are you queens wearing a rainbow head dress in your cars while blasting Judy Garland? How do they know?

by Anonymousreply 12303/13/2013

I say pull out the Gat.

by Anonymousreply 12403/13/2013

What I meant to say is that there is violent motivation behind such behavior. It's not a childish prank. It's the sort of thing that could easily turn bad. When I was young, my two best friends were very butch lesbians. I was less butch so when I was alone, I did not get hassled. Around them, we got shit all day long. I remember walking down the sidewalk from our car to a gay bar in Birmingham and being followed by a gaggle of rowdy boys. They were yelling slurs at us. I was afraid because the slurs escalated from mild to very specific violence, like fucking the gay out of us beating us with a lead pipe. One friend carried a gun because she was very masculine in appearance and was the recipient of some extreme behavior. I imagine she experienced what a femme guy experiences.

We were most vulnerable in the parking lot. Sometimes, rednecks waited outside that bar to follow people or cars as they left. It was very standard to get warnings from the bartender because someone had been attacked outside the bar. Back in the 80s, the news didn't give a shit about a queer getting beaten in Alabama. I wish I had paid better attention then; I was young and took some things for granted. Violence against gays and lesbians seemed to be part of the deal then.

by Anonymousreply 12603/13/2013

Heterosexual males walk with a group of male friends or their girlfriends. A guy walking alone can be a signal to them you are gay.

by Anonymousreply 12703/13/2013

[quote]Holy shit! The only word censored is "e f f e m i n a t e"

No, there are other words censored on Datalounge.

Try typing the name "David" with an "a" at the end (i.e. the feminine form).

by Anonymousreply 12803/13/2013

r127 that has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. No one is more likely to be in a group because of their sexual attractions. If anything guys with guys would be more of an indicator of homosexual orientation -- because, well, gay guys like other guys.

by Anonymousreply 12903/13/2013

R129 Oh yes, I remember those groups of gay guys walking the halls of high school. NOT! Unfortunately, I know when I post comments there will always be more vocal dense people out there to say it's wrong. It's the reason this community is in such poor condition. People here have a problem with observing the world as it is. Heterosexual males walk with their male friends or girlfriends, that's a fact. Go to the mall and look for yourself. Gay men are more likely to walk alone. Gay men are more likely to walk with a group of girls. Heterosexual males will pick up on this and some will become hostile.

by Anonymousreply 13003/13/2013

r130, you're nuts. You're pulling this out of your ass. You're apparently assuming that a lot of actual gay guys at this mall are straight. How would you know who's gay and who isn't?

by Anonymousreply 13103/13/2013

So straight men never manage to walk any where without a group of friends, or a woman. Right. You are an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 13203/13/2013

[quote]Try typing the name "David" with an "a" at the end (i.e. the feminine form).

OK, here we go...

by Anonymousreply 13303/13/2013

Well, that's weird. What is the David-a thing? Some insider joke? I guess it makes about as much sense as e-ffeminacy.

by Anonymousreply 13403/13/2013

131 you're deluded. You can tell if a groups of guys is gay.

R132 If it isn't the naming calling response, it's the trying to find exceptions response. Gay men are much more likely to walk alone. Can you understand that, fool?

by Anonymousreply 13503/13/2013

r135, people aren't "understanding" it because it's not true.

And you're contradicting yourself. First you say gays don't walk in groups, then you say you can identify them in groups. And you didn't answer r131's question: HOW would you know who's gay and who isn't?

by Anonymousreply 13603/13/2013

At my university, straight guys walked alone all the fucking time. What planet do you live on?

by Anonymousreply 13703/13/2013

Girls, girls, you're all gay.

by Anonymousreply 13803/13/2013

R136 I wrote everything in plain English. You are just being difficult because you want to nulify what I wrote. It doesn't matter if I wrote it or not. It exists. Open your eyes and look.

I didn't write gay men don't walk in groups. I wrote gay men are much more likely to walk alone.

I answered R131's question. He originally wrote that no one is more likely to be in a group than gay men because gay guys like other guys. I disagree. Observation proves he's wrong.

A man walking alone can be a signal he is gay. There are other signals. The last few posters want to deny that people can tell if someone is gay. But we have a whole thread right here of gay people telling their stories to the contrary. What is the point of denying something when it happens in the real world?

by Anonymousreply 13903/13/2013

r139, believe it or not, other people have the power of observation too. I've spent my life using it. And I've easily concluded that you're a loon. The stuff you're making up simply isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 14003/13/2013

R140 Ok, pinhead. Gay men travel in packs and straight men travel alone.

by Anonymousreply 14103/13/2013

r141, I didn't say that. My observation is that there's not much difference. Straights and gays both walk alone and together for various reasons at different times.

by Anonymousreply 14203/13/2013

Jesus..yes sometimes people walk alone and sometimes in groups..sometimes it's hot and sometimes it's cold..some people have brown hair, some don't.

by Anonymousreply 14303/13/2013

And some people have weird agendas and some don't. I'd put r127 in the former category.

by Anonymousreply 14403/13/2013

R144 What agenda is that?

There is no convincing DLers that gay men travel differently than straight guys. I'm just a poster on DL therefore my observation means nothing. It doesn't lead anyone to wonder, it just leads people to name call and heads being buried in the sand.

by Anonymousreply 14503/13/2013

R135 everyone here has considered what you've said, and determined it to be foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 14603/13/2013

A group of us worked late on a project one night. I offered to give a young woman a ride home so she would be safe.

We hadn't gone far when she rolled down her car window and yelled "Get a job" and some other nasty stuff at a homeless guy, then she saw a guy she decided was gay and she started yelling at him. I was so stunned, I didn't react as quickly as I wish I had. I finally told her she either shut her damn mouth or I was going to make her get out of the car. She did, but with major attitude. She probably thought she was punishing me by not speaking to me the rest of the way to her house.

The next day I went to our boss and told her because I thought she needed to know what kind of trash she had working for her. She kept a close eye on her and found a reason to fire her about a week later.

I still can't imagine what would possess someone to do that, but I got the feeling it was ordinary behavior for her.

by Anonymousreply 14703/13/2013

I was walking out of a gay bar a few years ago and someone yelled "Nigger" as they drove by me. I laughed because a) It looked to be a group of twenty somethings and not teen-agers and b) They missed the opportunity to yell "Faggot!"

Twenty years ago, I would have hopped in my car and chased them down, but now I’m like, “Really!?, How old are guys ?”

by Anonymousreply 14803/13/2013

Guys with scarves on are perceived as gay and weak.

by Anonymousreply 14903/13/2013

One afternoon in high school I was leaving the school and I shouted something to my friend. This was in AL and a redneck happened to see me. He looked at me and yelled, "Chinks! I fucking hate chinks!" with a lot of vitriol. On one hand it didn't bother me because I am black, but on the other the use of the racial slur so easily did. If you're going to be racist at least know who or what you're hating. My friend and I still laugh about it today.

by Anonymousreply 15003/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 15103/29/2013

I'm biracial (B/W), r150, and had nearly the exact same scenario happen to me ("You fucking chinks are ruining everything in this country!"), only it was in CA. Racists are such worthless idiots.

by Anonymousreply 15203/29/2013

So I was walking down the street and at the corner ( a good 1/2 block away) a car with 4 college guys in it started making fun of my shirt. It was a simple muted green polo (no the collar wasn't popped.) Go Green! Go Green for America! Go Green for the environment! While I suppose I should be glad they didn't call me a slur I still don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 15309/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!