Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Should Demi Moore receive alimony from Ashton Kutcher?

Actress Demi Moore is seeking alimony from estranged husband Ashton Kutcher, according to divorce documents filed in a Los Angeles court on Thursday.

In Kutcher's filing, the actor said he would not seek spousal support but would not deny support to Moore.

So should Demi get Ashton's cash?

by Anonymousreply 8903/23/2013

No, but a final fling would be appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 103/10/2013

Why doesn't Maggie Gallagher's NOM ever attack marriages like this one?

by Anonymousreply 203/10/2013

Doesn't see have more money then he does?

by Anonymousreply 303/10/2013

Yes. He humiliated her and she nearly lost her mind as the result of it. Fuck him. She's more talented, and was just as hot as he is when she was his age (if not more). Demi's no saint, but he's a nasty, fratboy shit. He'll fuck over Mila Kunis too.

by Anonymousreply 403/10/2013

This woman was making multi millions to star in films. Now she's reduced to getting money from Ashton Kutcher?

by Anonymousreply 503/10/2013

She wants part of his "Two and Half Men" $1.25 Million a week salary.

by Anonymousreply 603/10/2013

Maybe it is an issue of principle R5

After all in California isn't community property suppose to be split 50/50

by Anonymousreply 703/10/2013

She's trying to hold on as long as she can .... and getting him where she still can. In the pocketbook. Sounds like he is happy to pay alimony to be rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 803/10/2013

She seems really crazy and bitter. She's got boatloads of money. Just move on.

by Anonymousreply 903/10/2013

Hell hath no fury like an pathetic old has-been scorned.

by Anonymousreply 1003/10/2013

[quote]This woman was making multi millions to star in films.

She was? Why?

R7, spousal support (alimony) & community property are 2 different things. Community property is jointly owned, so each is entitled to half, period (just as business partners would be). Support is not an entitlement -- it depends on whether one spouse needs to be supported at the expense of the other, which involves many factors such as their respective abilities to earn, whether one sacrificed earning ability during marriage at the request of the other, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1103/10/2013

Fuck off r2

by Anonymousreply 1203/10/2013

I wouldn't give that loser bitch one thin dime if I could get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 1303/10/2013

Dude, where's my alimony?

by Anonymousreply 1403/10/2013

Demi is wealthy but is a victim wis using the divorce to make Ashton suffer. It is common for vindictive men or women to drag out a divorce and not let go.

by Anonymousreply 1503/10/2013

Didn't Demi used to turn tricks with her mother? She got $90 million out of her divorce from Bruce Willis. even though she is wealthy, there is no way that crazy bitch will let Ashton off without a settlement.

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2013

I guess tha whole Khabballa thing is a scam after all...

by Anonymousreply 1703/10/2013

Ashton will probably pay her $25 million to go away and not talk about him. He won't pay her alimony because she'll drag it out forever.

by Anonymousreply 1803/10/2013

He cheated. He needs to pay.

It doesn't matter whether she needs it or not.

Some of it should be set aside for chin reconstruction surgery for Rumor too.

by Anonymousreply 1903/10/2013

Is Ashton worth more than Demi? Why wouldn't Ashton ask for support from Demi?

by Anonymousreply 2003/10/2013

Ashton is worth $140 million

by Anonymousreply 2103/10/2013

Demi is worth $150 million.

by Anonymousreply 2203/10/2013

I am sure they both cheated from the beginning. I thought Demi was into 3-ways. Right? He is the one who got caught, but I am sure he has dirt on her. Sorry, no amount of plastic surgery will help Rumer.

by Anonymousreply 2303/10/2013

He needs to pay. He would not have been a star without her...

by Anonymousreply 2403/10/2013

Under California law, all income earned during the marriage by will be divided 50/50. That means that Ashton's income from Two and a Half Men and his tech investments are both considered marital property and therefore will be split in half. If any of Ashton's web companies go public, Demi will get half. Any houses purchased during the marriage will either be sold and split or one person will have to pay the other 50% of the fair market value.

The big question is whether or not the couple had a pre-nup. Without a pre-nup Ashton could be entitled to half of all the money and assets Demi earned before their marriage. That includes that nearly $140 million she pulled in from acting and being married to Bruce Willis. But even without a pre-nup, 100% of the money earned while they were married will be split in half.

Demi Moore released the following statement at the time of their separation: "It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton. As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life. This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation."

by Anonymousreply 2503/10/2013

R16, Demi's alcoholic mother used her to support them. Having a horrible mother is not something for which I blame Moore. Knowing what I know about her mother and the way she was raised, I actually have great respect for Demi Moore for overcoming terrible adversity and getting on with her life. She did not turn her back on her mother until shortly before the mother's death, and that was due to some pretty bad drunken messes the mother got herself into. One part of a sequence of events is that someone took Demi's mother in, and in return she burned down the beautiful old Victorian house in which she was staying (Las Vegas, New Mexico has a number of historical Victorian homes). That was around the time Demi was finished with her.

I agree with the poster who said this sounds like a normal community property issue in a divorce and has nothing to do with spousal support.

CA's standard divorce form (created so courts can process it as simply as possible) asks whether the party will be seeking spousal support. I'm sure Kutcher checked no. I don't believe the form asks whether the party objects to paying spousal support. That was probably made up.

Their premarital income is not an issue. At issue is any income either of them received during the course of the marriage, which is considered community property.

by Anonymousreply 2603/10/2013

He was well on his way to being a star before he met her. Getting together with her made him a TABLOID star.

by Anonymousreply 2703/10/2013

Demi holds values and vows sacred? Um, to party and sleep with your daughters' friends? I have no sympathy for her. It's tough to see your ex with a younger woman, but she married Ashton, a man 15 years younger than herself, out of vanity. It's her third failed marriage. Expecting money is typical of a whore.

by Anonymousreply 2803/10/2013

We're they married in CA? I thought she did that whole move to Utah or Wyoming thing so her kids would be normal.

I think his celebrity would have happened without her. I always thought she got her talons into him because she was past her prime and could attempt to be relevant with someone who was on the way up.

by Anonymousreply 2903/10/2013

I was always suspicious of their coupling and thought perhaps the real couple was Ashton and Bruce Willis.

by Anonymousreply 3003/10/2013

Have at it, Granny. He's never coming back to your dried out old cooter.

by Anonymousreply 3103/10/2013

If she is worth more than a 100 million and asking for alimony- well she is one screwed up woman. Period.

by Anonymousreply 3203/10/2013

Apparently Ashton will fuck anything. Demi is shrewd and she will make him pay. She is entitled to half of the money that he earned during their celebrity marriage. This is good business in her mind. Spousal support is not going to happen. If she pushes on that then it will get ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3303/10/2013

One thing they don't mention at celebrity net worth is that Ashton also has a piece of Skype and some other newly popular tech thing that I can't think of right now. He is probably worth closer to a half billion.

No way Demi is worth that much. She's only ever done movies and not even at the same salaries as her male co stars. She probably has never made more than 12 million for a picture and after agents and lawyers she most likely gets around 7. They also list her decline as starting in 1996. That's a long time ago and she's making a lot less than she was used to. Did she get divorce money from Bruce?

by Anonymousreply 3403/10/2013

It is pronounced De MeMeMeMeMEEEEE after all.

by Anonymousreply 3503/10/2013

Fuck NO

she has plenty of her own money!

by Anonymousreply 3603/10/2013

The numbers associated with this divorce are a bit staggering. That both of these people are worth combined close to a quarter of a billion dollars is hard to believe. My questions is what do you think their 'burn rate' is with their current lifestyles post separation, or more simply stated what would you guess that their annual expenses are? In some ways I could see that Demi's expenses may go up post divorce as she may no longer receive the comps, attention, and free stuff from the high end stores that desire to feed off her celebrity status. Another perspective might be that the loss of the spot light would cause the average person to be much more conservative in their spending habits to make what they have last into their retirement years particularly if they believe they won't be getting future work or film projects? Thoughts

by Anonymousreply 3703/10/2013

Demi was the highest paid actress of the 90s. She and Bruce also had a bunch of investments, including Planet Hollywood (when it was popular). Then she got a ton of money from Bruce when they divorced. She's very wealthy. No sympathy for her.

by Anonymousreply 3803/10/2013

Demi allegedly got $90 million from Bruce Willis. That is a huge divorce settlement. Demi is rich but wants a settlement. It's typical. They are supposed to be close to settling.

by Anonymousreply 3903/10/2013

Ashton was already a star when they married.

by Anonymousreply 4003/10/2013

I can't believe either of them possess so much money.

My atheism= reinforced for the day.

by Anonymousreply 4103/10/2013

Does anyone have actual knowledge that Demi has asked for spousal support, or is this all based on someone's conjecture after a weekend of drinking?

She won't be granted spousal support, whether or not she requests it (which is doubtful). It's for those who are unable to support themselves or to partially equalize situations where one spouse is financially dependent on the other.

CA is a community property state. When you get divorced in a community property state, you split your earnings during the course of the marriage. Demi isn't forcing Ashton to do anything; her own earnings will be factored into the equation and then everything is split.

by Anonymousreply 4303/10/2013

"Hell hath no fury like an pathetic old has-been scorned."

Doesn't pretty boy Mr. Halle Berry get $20,000/month to take care of a child that doesn't even live with him?

by Anonymousreply 4403/10/2013

Maybe Demi wants to try and break Amy Irving's or Nicole Kidman's record for largest divorce settlement received? She is competitive.

by Anonymousreply 4503/10/2013

R43, Demi asked for spousal support and attorneys' fees. She also listed the end of the marriage as occurring after Ashton was busted with the San Diego hot tub skank. She wants more money for her pile, and less money for Mila.

by Anonymousreply 4603/10/2013

Nicole Kidman has parlayed her 2002 divorce settlement into a $320 million fortune. Granted she was well paid in 2006, but she owes all of her opportunities to ten years with Tom Cruise. Demi was a bigger star before Ashton, so I am less sympathetic. She probably made less than Ashton did during the marriage, so she'll get paid off and leak the amount to the press.

by Anonymousreply 4703/10/2013

R46, the spousal support and attorney fees request are probably [italic]pro forma[/italic] and put in on the advice of her lawyers. I doubt she expects the judge to grant either of those requests.

by Anonymousreply 4803/10/2013

In addition to the money she made from movies at the height of her fame and the money she got divorcing Willis, Demi also has a very successful production company (it made those Austin Powers movies). Plus she's not a stupid woman when it comes to money; I wouldn't be surprised if she's been making a lot from smart investments over the years.

by Anonymousreply 5003/10/2013

Thanks R48. I am convinced Nicole Kidman finances her own movies because they all lose money. Studios don't hire her. Demi should settle and do a t.v. show. She is relatively young and could make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 5103/10/2013

Alimony should be outlawed. It has no place in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 5203/10/2013

Isn't Demi an addict? She needs to take care of herself. The celebrity offspring thing must also get really expensive. The Willis kids and the Streep kids are forever on the dole.

by Anonymousreply 5303/10/2013

[quote]Doesn't pretty boy Mr. Halle Berry get $20,000/month to take care of a child that doesn't even live with him?

I don't know, but if so, who cares? Women like to get all the money they can from rich men that they have kids with and/or marry, so men may as well do the same thing when it's the woman who's rich. Women always talk about wanting things equal, so it goes both ways - you have to take the bad along with the good.

by Anonymousreply 5403/10/2013

The more beautiful, feminine one in a relationship should not have to pay alimony.

by Anonymousreply 5503/10/2013

Of course it does, R52. It's going to exist as long as married people trade their aging stay at home spouses for bimbettes.

Equalizing income is also a way to help provide a better life when there are young children involved.

A friend put her husband through medical school working as a secretary. They had a quid pro quo arrangement, well known to their friends, that he would put her through school after he began his medical career. When he fell in love with a nurse, he tried to renege on their arrangement. It didn't work and she was awarded alimony while she's in school. She's in med school and she's doing far better than he did. By all accounts, she's headed for a brilliant career.

by Anonymousreply 5603/10/2013

Madonna had to give Guy Ritchie $92 million and she still complains about it. My opinion is that he earned it by putting up with her. For Demi, Ashton being so brazen about cheating and parking in Mila Kunis' driveway has got to burn. She tried buying a couple of younger boyfriends but they bailed. She always seemed insecure ... Her biggest payday was for flashing her tits in Striptease. Sad. The Beverly Hills culture is horrible to women. They don't even see it and live in a gaudy plastic surgery haze.

by Anonymousreply 5703/10/2013

[r54]: if you don't care about a male gold digger, then stop getting your panties in a twist over a female one.

by Anonymousreply 5803/10/2013

R58 You're the one who brought up Halle Berry and her ex, even though they have absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

by Anonymousreply 5903/11/2013

Demi's apartment that she got in the divorce from Bruce is quietly on the market for $75,000,000. It is the south tower penthouse of the San Remo that formerly belonged to Robert Stigwood and before him Jacob Rothschild. Bruce paid $6,000,000 decades ago before the market went crazy. The north penthouse, is smaller and is owned by Bono who bought it from Steve Jobs

by Anonymousreply 6003/11/2013

So you agree that Ashton shouldn't have to pay, r55.

by Anonymousreply 6103/11/2013

Exactly, R61.

by Anonymousreply 6203/11/2013

These amounts of money are crazy. Demi is set for life, unless the various upkeep on all of her holdings is making her run out of cash. At a certain point, it gets very expensive to be filthy rich. She should downsize and not remarry. Go on a budget.

by Anonymousreply 6303/11/2013

"Doesn't see have more money then he does?"

Yes, but he earned much more during the years they were married. He did TV and movies and produced etc., while she did the occasional small role. His assets are much more vulnerable to community property division than hers, even if her assets are undoubtedly larger overall.

It's an unusual case; legally she can demand lots of his money and probably get alimony, but I don't believe it's ethical for her to do so. She should find another way to make him suffer.

by Anonymousreply 6403/11/2013

Have a heart, gays! You know I'm going to be supporting THIS for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 6503/11/2013

Is this a soap thread?

Moore DID play Jackie Templeton after all.

by Anonymousreply 6603/11/2013

R21, that site isn't accurate.

by Anonymousreply 6703/11/2013

Of course, the woman has, not one, not two, but THREE daughters with potato heads.

What do you think their prospects for marriage are?

Hasn't the woman suffered enough?

by Anonymousreply 6803/11/2013

I think she should get alimony and donate it very publicly to the victims of Jerry Sandusky and the other Penn State diddlers and enablers.

by Anonymousreply 6903/11/2013

That's the real reason she got $90 million from Bruce r68. Imagine those potatoes coming out of you.

by Anonymousreply 7003/11/2013

If he doesn't want to pay her there are always things she can do to Mila and him.

by Anonymousreply 7103/11/2013

Ashton must be super smart -investing in Skype? Who knew? Half a billion net worth?

by Anonymousreply 7203/11/2013

Why not? All children have to eventually take care of their parents.

I can't wait 'til Rumer, Mila and Ashton do a threeway sex vid and twitterify it.

by Anonymousreply 7303/11/2013

[quote]It's for those who are unable to support themselves or to partially equalize situations where one spouse is financially dependent on the other.

So why did Guy Ritchie get alimony? Surely he was not financially dependent on Madonna. If got alimony, then I don't see why Demi shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 7403/11/2013

she just wants to keep the torch burning for him.

by Anonymousreply 7503/11/2013

I can't remember if Guy had a prenup but it's the consequence of divorce. It's why Madge is "with" a submissive boy / manny now who is young enough to her son. She'll never marry again.

Re Demi, CDAN had a blind today about a former A lister who does meth. Popular guess was Demi.

by Anonymousreply 7603/11/2013

She has more money than him. Yes, as always, marital assets should be eventually split, but Demi getting spousal support beyond that, in this case, would make women look like leeches. And I don't care that he cheated on her, what else did she expect marrying a child half her age.

by Anonymousreply 7703/11/2013

I don't think Ashton was much of a star before he got together with Demi. He was just some kid from That 70s show.

[quote]It's tough to see your ex with a younger woman, but she married Ashton, a man 15 years younger than herself, out of vanity.

It seems weird to pick on her for that. Men marry younger women out of vanity all the time. And the age difference is often much more than 15 years. For example, there's a 25-year age difference between her ex Bruce and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 7803/11/2013

R65 MY EYES! MY EYES!

by Anonymousreply 7903/11/2013

One day Ashton will be dumped by Mila. It's inevitable. How Mila has avoided public backlash is baffling. Maybe they seem like old friends and not threatening. Demi has aging and addiction issues.

by Anonymousreply 8003/11/2013

I don't have much sympathy for either of them, but there's no need for exaggeration about the age difference. He certainly wasn't a child when they married (he was in his late twenties) and he wasn't half her age. Definitely old enough to make his own decisions, and not her victim in any way. He got the publicity he was looking for.

by Anonymousreply 8103/12/2013

Demi. That traitorous bitch doesn't deserve a dime. Not a dime.

by Anonymousreply 8203/12/2013

Demi is an immature woman. Despite her millions, she has to screw over Kutcher, instead of walking away like an adult.

by Anonymousreply 8303/12/2013

Demi is suffering from dick withdrawal, or as the French call it "Au revoir du grande cock". If she was still getting That 70's Bone she'd drop her financial demands.

by Anonymousreply 8403/12/2013

Demi gets up on the stand and says:

"Your honor, I gave birth to a potato head, not once, not twice but THREE times, THREE FUCKING times."

How could anyone refuse a woman who's suffered so much?

by Anonymousreply 8503/12/2013

Rumer Willis) Ashton was more of a parent to me than Demi Moore.

Judge) Thank you, will the potato please return to her seat.

by Anonymousreply 8603/12/2013

She got to fuck him whenever she wanted! There's her alimony!

by Anonymousreply 8703/23/2013

LOL r86!

by Anonymousreply 8803/23/2013

I'd have more sympathy for her if those giant potato heads passed through her vagine, but the bitch had C-sections and tummy tucks after each one.

Yeah, recovery may be a bitch, but given her reputation I'm sure she was more than adequately medicated.

by Anonymousreply 8903/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.