Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do all these laundry queens on here say you don't really need to use as much detergent as they recommend on the bottle?

I tried it and it definitely doesn't work as well.l

by Anonymousreply 12203/16/2013

Ancient Chinese secret, huh?

by Anonymousreply 103/10/2013

Because most of the people here don't work at jobs that their laundry gets extremely filthy dirty like you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 203/10/2013

If you are using ghetto ass detergent, of course it doesn't work as well.

by Anonymousreply 303/10/2013

Where does anything in my statement infer that I'm using cheap detergent.I'm using Tide bitch.

by Anonymousreply 403/10/2013

R4 The speaker/writer impies, the reader/listener infers.

Also, you do use a lot less detergent in an HD machine.

by Anonymousreply 503/10/2013

Tide Bitch?

Is that some sort of new scent?

by Anonymousreply 603/10/2013

Thanks, I did get the two verbs confused (though you spelled implied wrong so we all make mistakes :))

Anyway this advice supposedly applied to regular machines, not HE

by Anonymousreply 703/10/2013

Detergent manufacturers make the measuring cups bigger than necessary in the hope that people fill the cup full. However, if you read the packaging, it will indicate where to fill the cup up to, based on the type of load you are doing. There are markings on the side of the cup. Typically, the line for a full load is at about 2/3 of the way up the cup. That's what you should use as guide.

by Anonymousreply 803/10/2013

AHhh yes thank you, very interesting--thats true the cup is bigger, and I see what you mean they try to trick people, wow that is lame of them... but I always only filled it to the line like you're supposed to , so recently I put half of that amount in a few times with bad results. But I could swear on the threads I read here they were saying use half of what is actually recommended on the bottle, not half the full cap?

by Anonymousreply 903/10/2013

No, it means half the full cap. Generally R9 I put in a smidge more than what they list for HE, but never as much as for regular washers.

If I have lots of towels, workout clothes, underwear etc I will also throw in a splash of ammonia, which cleans and deoderizes.

Ammonia is also good for cutting soap scum, if any loads come out too soapy and they need rewashed or a quick wash/rinse/spin cycle using that works too.

by Anonymousreply 1003/10/2013

What is wrong with you putting ammonia in your wash? I bet you smell awful walking down the street. Ewwww.

by Anonymousreply 1103/10/2013

Thank you I don't really know much about laundry and trying to learn. Where do you get ammonia?

Or better yet can I just drop my stuff off at your house?

by Anonymousreply 1203/10/2013

OP, I use liquid detergent (but not Rinso brand) from the 99 Cent Store. I only use 1/2 cap. If your clothes aren't clean then you either need to put less clothes in the washer, or more likely, you need to pre-soak your clothes. Even stopping the washer after adding the water and soap will work. By the way Consumer Reports did a test and found out that there was enough residual soap in the average empty washer to clean most clothes.

by Anonymousreply 1303/10/2013

You people actually do your own laundry?

by Anonymousreply 1403/10/2013

I'd use household white vinegar before I'd use amonia.

by Anonymousreply 1503/10/2013

I know that white vinegar is used is finer homes, but this mess about ammonia. Pure other side of the tracks nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2013

Thanks yeah I think I do stuff too many clothes in there.

Guess my loads are too big :)

by Anonymousreply 1703/10/2013

OP is right. People here said use half the detergent. I think if you have stains you have to pretreat them OP, but you should anyway. What people wanted to cut down is the expense of Tide, as well as the extremely strong odor. If you try it again try using half the Tide but mix it with water up to the proper line before you pour it in.

by Anonymousreply 1803/10/2013

Thanks I knew people on here were saying that. But what good would adding water into the cap do isnt it just getting added to water anyway when you pour it in?

by Anonymousreply 1903/10/2013

Gurl...I know laundry techniques are a sensitive topic to folks here so Im going to say my two cents and scram.

These newfangled "high efficiency" machines do not clean clothes like old school washing machines with the agitator. You have to do smaller loads because they dont use as much water. Therefore you do more loads which uses more energy. And selecting an extra rinse cycle is just using more water. In addition you are wasting time.

As for detergent, you cant use a lot because the machine doesn't use as much water. I put baking soda in my laundry machine with the detergent. It eliminates odors way better than weak ass detergent.

by Anonymousreply 2003/10/2013

Wow so much conflicting advice. If I could only see you all it would make it so much easier to decide who to listen to!

by Anonymousreply 2103/10/2013

R11 Ammonia is a CLEANER, you fuckwit. Bleach and ammonia are both strong, but you wouldn't leave strong ammonia in any more than you'd leave bleach in. Please use the common sense God gave a rat.

There's nothing "other side of the tracks" about it.

R12, I would suggest Target or any grocery. There is lemon scented ammonia, which tends to smell best.

by Anonymousreply 2203/10/2013

R22, you may want to calm down dear. It's just laundry. If you want to do yours incorrectly, more power to you.

by Anonymousreply 2303/10/2013

I wonder how many DLers have broken off relationships over conflicting laundry menthods.

by Anonymousreply 2503/10/2013

Because R19 the smaller amount of detergent is working, it just isn't getting to all the clothes (which is why your underwear still smells). Premixing it with water will help its dispersion.

by Anonymousreply 2603/10/2013

Hmmm I didn't mean to set off a riot. I think I'm just gonna go back to using more Tide, it seemed fine then without adding anything extra, and its not all that expensive I guess when you break it down.

by Anonymousreply 2703/10/2013

I like to see some suds in the water so I don't even bother using the measuring cap. I just pour directly from the bottle and count to eight.

by Anonymousreply 2803/10/2013

Recommend Charlie's Soap.

1 tablespoon per load. Cleans great. No soap residue. No scent. Economical.

Here's a link with a good deal.

by Anonymousreply 2903/10/2013

This thread is a riot! I started doing my own laundry as a child and go nuts if anyone comes close. I am not like this with anything else in my world but my laundry. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 3003/10/2013

Nothing incorrect in what R22 said. Deal with it R23.

OP, Why don't you have your laundry done for you? It's not expensive. There is no reason to bother with such menial tasks.

by Anonymousreply 3103/10/2013

I just hold the cap containing detergent (and not as much as the directions say to use; you hardly ever need that much and the manufacturer wants you to consume faster and buy more often) under the water already running into the tank - no prefill required.

by Anonymousreply 3203/10/2013

I like r30 and will steer clear of his laundry

by Anonymousreply 3303/10/2013

The problem with using Tide OP.

by Anonymousreply 3403/10/2013

I use less, too

by Anonymousreply 3503/10/2013

Excessive suds are actually doing a bad job of laundry in an HE machine.

by Anonymousreply 3603/10/2013

R31, only trash would put ammonia in laundry. Where in the hell are y'all from? Walking around with ammonia stinking up y'all's clothes. Gross. Anybody with even a modicum of intellect would know that the first thing you do is buy a real washing machine and not one of those HE pieces of fly shit. You put a cup of Tide and Chlorox in the empty drum. Turn on the water. As the drum fills, add your clothes loosely. If you follow this method there will be no need for all these crass additives like ammonia. White vinegar, but only if it is the right kind of white vinegar. Jeez Louise.

by Anonymousreply 3703/10/2013

I use nothing but pine soap. My laundry comes out real soft, perfectly clean and with a nice hint of pine. No chemicals needed.

by Anonymousreply 3803/10/2013

You are a idiot R37

by Anonymousreply 3903/10/2013

What DID good-smelling people do before branded detergent, OP?

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But it's not like there's one detergent or even that "laundry detergent" is the only cleaning agent for clothing.

Here's a secret: the state of cleanliness of your washing machine is just as important.

In fact, your clothes will probably never be clean. Despite all the apparently anti-bacterial soap that goes in there, the washing machine is typically one of the most germ-concentrated parts of a home. Right up there with the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 4003/10/2013

OP I am doing laundry right now and I consider myself a bit of a laundry queen.

What kind of machine do you have? Do you have a front loader? What brand of machine are you using?

I have one of the last 4.0 capacity Miele's that they made, it was 1 yr old when we bought it from Standards of Excellence - floor model.

I love it. In a Miele you can not use more than 1 tbsp of detergent in the machine & allegedly you are not supposed to use dryer sheets either in the dryer but if I don't I get static cling.

So if you have an Electrolux huge front loader or a Miele do not use what you're using. I suspect you don't have something like that or else you would not be having these issues.

Also I have gotten rid of cat pee smells from Ecos detergent usage with my laundry (although Miele says do not use any eco laundry detergent) & with Persil.

r20 you sound adorable & cute.

by Anonymousreply 4103/10/2013

Should we just wash our clothes in the toilet?

by Anonymousreply 4203/10/2013

I used to use way too much laundry soap and didn't know it. I thought I had to see a lot of suds and that is wrong according to the experts. I use half of what I used to use and the clothes are clean. Same with the fabric softener. Yes, I believe the manufacturers want you to use more than you need. I used too much soap in the dishwasher as well until the repair guy set me straight. I cut that in half and the dishes are still clean.

by Anonymousreply 4303/10/2013

[quote]White vinegar, but only if it is the right kind of white vinegar.

How many kinds are there? What is the "right" kind?

by Anonymousreply 4403/10/2013

I pee in my washer before putting in my detergent and clothes.

by Anonymousreply 4503/10/2013

I need help on cleaning my lingerie.

by Anonymousreply 4603/10/2013

thanks r41 ;)

by Anonymousreply 4703/10/2013

This is one of the most hilarious, surreal threads I've ever read on DL, and that's saying a lot!

by Anonymousreply 4803/10/2013

R44, Household white vinegar, is an old-fashioned cleaning remedy that still works. I buy mine at the 99 Cent Store. Do not use flavored white vinegar.

by Anonymousreply 4903/10/2013

This is one of the tame ones!

They come up about two or three times a year.

by Anonymousreply 5003/10/2013

R49, that's where I get my white vinegar too -- I use it for laundry & for cooking. Never heard of flavored white vinegar, which sounds ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 5103/10/2013

I only use imported white rice vinegar imported from China. The fact that some of you are using vinegar that is 99 cents makes me wonder what your clothes are smelling like. Can't be good and they can't be really clean.

by Anonymousreply 5203/10/2013

Well smell r52!

by Anonymousreply 5303/10/2013

It's amazing to me how class conscious some of you sound and I would lay money on the high chance that only about 1/3 of you actually own a home outright.

by Anonymousreply 5403/10/2013

Tide pods.

Genius. Perfect. I Don't us as much detergent.

by Anonymousreply 5503/10/2013

Er, slightly off topic but.. I just bought some 800 thread count sheets.. king-size bed.. it takes me 2 hours to iron them. Anybody know if there's an easier way? The cleaners want $32 to iron a sheet. No way.

by Anonymousreply 5603/10/2013

I buy food grade essential oils at the co-op and add a few drops of the rinse water of my wash loads.

I've bought lavender, lemon, rosemary, etc.

This is especially great with bed linens, which I air dry.

by Anonymousreply 5703/10/2013

If you're buying 800 thread count sheets and can't afford to have them laundered properly, then maybe you should have stuck with a different type of sheet.

by Anonymousreply 5803/10/2013

Why do sheets need to be ironed? (That's a serious question.)

by Anonymousreply 5903/10/2013

It sounds like most of you don't understand the purpose of detergent. It reduces the surface tension of water so the water can clean your clothes.

I put anywhere from one-half to a full cup of vinegar in my machine's rinse cycle and I never use (or need) fabric softener.

I have used Charlie's (mentioned earlier here) or Nellie's because I'm allergic to most detergents. Nellie's and Charlie's are very different products from regular detergents like Tide. They're mostly washing soda. I actually prefer to make my own detergent from washing soda, borax and castile soap. My clothes never have spots and I never need fabric softener.

by Anonymousreply 6003/10/2013

R52 I only use the finest chanpagne vinegar with whites and Modena aged balsamic for darks. Ya plebe! SO smell ME R53 :)

by Anonymousreply 6103/10/2013

I forgot to include this link to an article about what detergents do.

by Anonymousreply 6203/10/2013

and oxyclean does work but you must use it with very hot water and let the items soak. It is fantastic for old linens.

by Anonymousreply 6303/10/2013

I prefer Sun to Oxyclean, R63. It has no fillers and you use a couple of tablespoons rather than a cup at a time. You can buy it or another off-brand at Family Dollar or other stores.

Better yet, make your own using one part hydrogen peroxide to one part washing soda. I dissolve it in a little hot water.

If you don't want to do that, buy sodium percarbonate from amazon.com. That's what oxygen bleaches like Oxyclean are made from, and it's at a greatly reduced price.

by Anonymousreply 6403/10/2013

Ironing sheets?!

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 6503/10/2013

R59 They don't.

by Anonymousreply 6603/10/2013

Fitted sheets do not need to be ironed.

Flat sheets can be ironed, but to make life easier, just iron the 4 edges.

Same thing with pillowcases.

by Anonymousreply 6703/10/2013

If you take sheets right out of the dryer while they're still hot, you can smooth them as you fold them and they won't need to be ironed.

by Anonymousreply 6803/10/2013

Take sheets hot out of the dryer and put them back on your bed. No ironing OR folding.

by Anonymousreply 6903/10/2013

I prefer to make my own detergent, but if I use store-bought, I like Charlie's Soap.

For my own detergent recipe I use a cup of washing soda + a cup of borax + one grated bar of laundry soap. Sometimes I'll add some oxy-clean type powder if I can snag some on sale -- I got some Seventh Generation on sale for ½ price recently.

Currently I am using Kirk's Castile, but I've used Fels Naptha, ZOTE, and Colgate Octagon in the past. All are good. Pennies-per-load

When I make my detergent, I make a lot at one time. I use an old food processor to grate my soap bars quickly and easily.

I use 1 TBSP for a half load and 1.5 TBSP for a full load of say towels.

I keep some ZOUT on hand for spotting.

by Anonymousreply 7003/10/2013

R70, I started out grating soap bars but one day I realized that was a time-waster when I had a gallon jug of Dr. Bronner's castile soap stored in the bathroom sink cabinet.

Now I mix the dry ingredients and add a tablespoon of Dr. Bronner's to the washing machine.

by Anonymousreply 7103/10/2013

Good idea, r71.

I'll try that sometime.

Dr. Bronner's's however is not cheap soap -- I like cheap.

by Anonymousreply 7203/10/2013

Dr. Bronner's makes it past my cheapness barometer because it's recommended that you dilute it by a ratio of about 4:1 water:soap.

A gallon lasts a very long time, and I use it for shampoo, in the shower, just about any soap use there is.

by Anonymousreply 7303/11/2013

Isn't Borax essentially roach powder?

by Anonymousreply 7403/11/2013

OP, you seem like a very filthy person, and not in the good way.

by Anonymousreply 7503/11/2013

DANG, only on the DL does a thread like this explode in 24 hours!

Good work, queens!

by Anonymousreply 7603/11/2013

That's one of its uses, R74. If you're using it for laundry you won't be ingesting it.

You might prefer the sodium nonanoyloxybenzenesulfonate in Tide, but I'm not a big fan of petrochemicals.

by Anonymousreply 7703/11/2013

I don't own an HE washing machine. However, I've used them many times. I do not believe they clean better. I do believe they spin out more water which makes the drying time lower but that's the only positive in my experience.

I remember the first time I cleaned my slippers in an HE machine. They were sticky and not 100% clean. It never happened in my 15+ year old, supposedly inferior washing machine. I thought I had added too much detergent. I washed them again using the recommended amount of detergent. Same result.

Also, the HE machines use less water and do more spinning to supposedly make clothes cleaner and in theory it sounds good but in practice, I prefer my ancient machine. The results are what count.

Detergents do more than play a role in water's surface tension.

Vinegar is an excellent for removing limescale deposits from kettles for example. Pour several cups of water into kettle then add ~ 1 cup of vinegar. Bring to a boil. It one boil cycle, it removes all of the limescale on my kettles. Also, baking soda (pure and baking soda solution) is an excellent cleanser for the body and household surfaces. It also helps remove odors from clothes if added to a wash cycle.

by Anonymousreply 7803/11/2013

You know, I can deal with the make your own pasta queens and the make your own soda queens and the make your own bread queens and the make your own mayo queens, but the make your own detergent queens is just one step too frakking far. What the hell? Just use Tide like the rest of us. Or Fab if you're poor.

by Anonymousreply 7903/11/2013

Tide and Fab contain ingredients to which I am allergic. I began making my own detergents because I was itching and breaking out.

Homemade detergent is simple to make, very inexpensive, works better and my skin has never been healthier.

by Anonymousreply 8003/11/2013

Yeah R77 I heard that chemical can aggravate your fibroids and fibromyalgia!

by Anonymousreply 8103/11/2013

Or it can make you break out in a rash, R81.

by Anonymousreply 8203/11/2013

The issue is most machines don't rinse well. They've done tests on simply washing clothes without any detergent and you will still find plenty of suds. They are still in the clothes.

So that is why you don't need as much detergent as you think.

by Anonymousreply 8303/11/2013

Go ahead and pimp Tide, sheeple @ R81. The petrochemical companies must love you.

by Anonymousreply 8403/11/2013

I thought roach power was essentially diatomaceous earth and boric acid along with an attractant.

by Anonymousreply 8503/11/2013

I'm about to do a load right now. I'm using my Tide, my Downy, and my Chlorox. It was a particularly busy weekend, if you get my drift.

by Anonymousreply 8603/11/2013

[quote] If you take sheets right out of the dryer while they're still hot, you can smooth them as you fold them and they won't need to be ironed.

You've bever bought expensive cotton sheets. They wrinkle DEEPLY and drying them makes no difference. They can be hot or cold. They get wrinkled in the wash and the heat from the dryer does nothing to smooth them out at all.

by Anonymousreply 8703/11/2013

I once used a half cup of vinegar in the wash and my clothes smelled like vinegar after they were dry.

Never again.

by Anonymousreply 8803/11/2013

r88 --

"You lie!"

by Anonymousreply 8903/11/2013

I went to HS with this kid who stank to high heaven. People used to wrap soap and deodorant in pretty wrapping paper and throw it towards his desk from the back of the room. He then claimed he couldn't use soap or deodorant or detergent because he was allergic. People would pick up their chairs and move to the back of the room if he sat near them.

Allergic my armpits. There are tons of hypoallergenic laundry products out there.

by Anonymousreply 9003/11/2013

I stopped using TIDE laundry detergent when P & G decided it was worth more than ten bucks for a big box.

Fuck P & G.

Just for the TIDE lover @ r86, the link below:

by Anonymousreply 9103/11/2013

You should opt for 100% linen sheets over high count cotton. They feel better against your skin and dry much faster without all the lint.

If you feel the need to iron your sheets, you should invest in a mangle. It's a yard-wide padded metal drum that rotates against a heated reciprocal plate. It's presses damp sheets or tablecloths and wastes a lot of space. Plus, it takes some time to heat up properly.

As soon as my mother died, I donated her mangle to the GoodWill. People who need ironed sheets and tablecloths can fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 9203/11/2013

The staff at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville knew how to handle bed linens! It was quite an operation.

Anyone else visit the laundry rooms in the basement?

I remember being impressed by the walk-in refrigerator from the 1890s.

And the stoves! They have one just dedicated to roasting meats.

by Anonymousreply 9303/11/2013

[quote]Allergic my armpits. There are tons of hypoallergenic laundry products out there.

I totally agree, and I'm using them. Don't know why it should bother you that I make my own, or that I sometimes use Charlie's or Nellie's. No allergic reactions from any of them. I started with "hypoallergenic" grocery store products (they aren't), then moved on to organics, then found products that work even better.

Then again, they aren't made of petrochemicals and additives and perfumes and other crap nobody needs.

Do you work for P&G? I'm beginning to wonder. You seem rather emotionally invested in everyone using their overpriced and largely ineffective laundry products. Perhaps you can't stand anyone being different from you.

by Anonymousreply 9403/11/2013

I get itchy if I use too much of that stuff. Just one level scoop is all you need cuz the stuff is concentrated.

Always use real bleach for the whites to kill the sperm on your trick towels and panties, though. As live, HIV infected cum, even when dry, lives for 7 days! BLEACH, BLEACH, BLEACH, girls!

by Anonymousreply 9503/11/2013

How do y'all deal with the skid marks on your whitie tighties?

by Anonymousreply 9603/11/2013

I don't lay down skidmarks in the first place, r96.

Learn how to wipe your ass there, Bucko!

by Anonymousreply 9703/11/2013

[quote]You've bever bought expensive cotton sheets. They wrinkle DEEPLY and drying them makes no difference. They can be hot or cold. They get wrinkled in the wash and the heat from the dryer does nothing to smooth them out at all.

Unwrinkle them as best you can when you pull them out of the washer. If you have room in your laundry room, flap the sheet open like you'd do if you were about to spread it over the bed as a top sheet. If you put twisted, wet sheets directly into the dryer without spreading them out a bit, you just set the wrinkles with the dryer heat.

by Anonymousreply 9803/11/2013

I wipe my ass until the TP is clean, but inevitably more doo doo works its way out as the day rolls on and I walk around. It is for this reason that I currently only own and wear black underwear.

by Anonymousreply 9903/11/2013

R95, HIV cannot live outside the body for 7 days. Where do you come up with this shit?

by Anonymousreply 10003/11/2013

Take a shit, THEN take your morning shower, r99.

Or make "pony" out of rolled piece of TP and put in your crack to wear during the day.

And don't fart so hard that you blow out a microturd that skids.

by Anonymousreply 10103/11/2013

Can you imagine what the make your own detergent guy smells like? Patchouli and Ivory Soap with a heaping portion of funk. Making your own detergent is fine if you live on a commune or have 6 other sister wives, but c'mon. Making your own is ridiculous. Use your time for something else, volunteer at a shelter. Staff a crisis hotline. Stop the madness dude. The shelves are bursting with dye free/hypoallergenic detergents. No need to reinvent the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 10203/11/2013

You are pitiful, r102. So glad I do not know you. Now run along.

by Anonymousreply 10303/11/2013

[quote] Patchouli and Ivory Soap with a heaping portion of funk.

And vinegar.

by Anonymousreply 10403/11/2013

Buy pods for your maid to use and don't worry about measuring.

by Anonymousreply 10503/11/2013

Now I'm laughing. The same people who have a hissy about soccer moms and their peanut or milk intolerant offspring are in the basement making their own laundry detergent.

by Anonymousreply 10603/11/2013

r102 is not a man

by Anonymousreply 10703/11/2013

Neither is, r106

by Anonymousreply 10803/11/2013

This thread is a DL classic.

by Anonymousreply 10903/12/2013

I thought I would try ammonia in the wash today on my sheets and now they fucking smell like Mr. Clean. Thanks for nothing!

by Anonymousreply 11003/13/2013

R110, I would never ever use ammonia in the wash. Are you kidding me? I said household or plain white vinegar is the old-fashioned remedy.

by Anonymousreply 11103/13/2013

My sister i cheap bitch.

I lived with her up till about a year ago, she used to lecture me on "saving" and used half a cup of detergent on a full cycle.

This bitch's clothes came out of the washer smelling foul.

by Anonymousreply 11203/13/2013

A half cup of good detergent should be plenty for most types of laundry. Now if you're washing heavily soiled things you may have to make adjustments. Are you sure the foul smell wasn't caused by the clothes sitting in the washer too long?

I made my own laundry soap, and it worked fine, when I was doing a lot of laundry for my family. I'd make 3 gallons at a time. If you don't do a lot of laundry I don't think it's worth it. But I do shop with coupons and there are usually some good ones for laundry soap.

by Anonymousreply 11303/14/2013

A splash of Gain works for me.

by Anonymousreply 11403/14/2013

Wow I never thought this thread would live on! After all the conflicting advice I had basically just decided to suck it up and add more Tide. Now 3 days later I go on DL and its at the top of the list lol. Thanks everyone for trying to help!

All I said was using half the amount didn't work as well I never said my clothes smell or look nasty or anything but some posters are calling me filthy and stuff all I did was ask an innocent question. If I was really filthy or smelly would I care so much that I started a thread on it?

by Anonymousreply 11503/14/2013

I can't believe some of you queens iron your sheets. Wasn't there a chapter about that in My Way of LIving by Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 11603/14/2013

R112, Since white vinegar is the old-fashioned remedy to remove the stench of pet urine, and pre-soaking gets rid of most stains, I don't see the advantage of adding more laundry soap.

by Anonymousreply 11703/14/2013

I see a lot of "wrong side of the tracksters" have been posting on this thread with their bogus laundry tips. Just use more Tide.

by Anonymousreply 11803/14/2013

for skid marks, try using panty liners - they also make my mussy smell good so when my gentleman caller arrives I am all set.

by Anonymousreply 11903/14/2013

The most foolproof way to measure your detergent is to not use those stupid useless caps that they provide. You can never see the level line markings that are barely imprinted into the inside anyway. Instead, use your set of standardized measuring cups from the kitchen. Use the written instructions on the bottle and then measure it out by the ounce. For example, I use Wisk and they say a full load takes 1.9 ounces so I round up and measure out a quarter cup, which equals 2 ounces. Easy-peasy and never fails to work.

by Anonymousreply 12003/14/2013

Update: I did the laundry this morning and used more Tide. I actually used even a little more than the top line. The laundry came out great the way it used to! And no I did not add Ammonia lol.

by Anonymousreply 12103/16/2013

I tried a sample pod and it was great for a full load, but sometimes I do less than that.

by Anonymousreply 12203/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.