Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oz the Great and Powerful fails to impress critics

Mila Kunis is obviously the weakest link. Her performance was just embarrassing. When this witch speaks, she's shopping-mall banal - more Vally girl than witch - and her inexplicably flat performance doesn't improve, but only turns shrill. And is it just me or has she gained a lot of weight? - Laura Prepon

I couldn't believe Zach Braff of all people was who Sam Raimi decided to cast in this tentpole picture. Then I found out he was going to be all CGI and it all made sense. - Donald Faison

James Franco is, frankly, too callow, too feckless, too much of a talentless asshole for this role. When he flashes his strained smile it’s more disturbing than dashing, less young wizard than young Norman Bates. - Linda Cardellini

Michelle Williams seems to have an eternal puffy face which she puts to good use as the fluffy good witch Glinda. She isn't given much to do but like always, she likes to chew the scenery. - Katie Holmes

by Anonymousreply 603/10/2013

Laura Prepon and Katie Holmes got sucked into religious cult/pyramid scheme just so they could have a boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 103/10/2013

the critics may not care for Oz, but the public likes it lot. Too bad the critics don't buy enough tickets to make a difference.

75 million this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 203/10/2013

Throughout, I longed for the Sam Raimi of old to send one of the Wicked Witch’s shrieking, winged baboons down to put Zach Braff's simpering monkey valet out of his —and our— misery. If he only had the nerve. - Sarah Chalke

Sporting not only bad makeup but also an eyeful of cleavage, Mila Cuntis seems a better candidate for top honors at a West Hollywood drag show than for the mantle of Margaret Hamilton. - Topher Grace

Michelle Williams's performance was one note and she looks fat. She should stick with TV. - Joshua Jackson

by Anonymousreply 303/10/2013

I thought Wiesz turned into The Wicked Witch of The West? Or is she The East and a house lands on her at the end? Somebody let me know, please.

by Anonymousreply 403/10/2013

Go watch it to find out, R4. Or maybe it's Michelle who turns evil. Don't spoil it in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 503/10/2013

These critics sound like assholes. They dont know what they're taking about.

by Anonymousreply 603/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.