Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Married to Medicine

Finally, a show about doctors' wives. But why is the entire cast black? Is Andy Cohen racist?

by Anonymousreply 4004/11/2014

[quote]“For the sake of integrity and character of black female physicians, we must ask that Bravo immediately remove and cancel Married to Medicine from its channel, website, and any other media,” it reads. “Black female physicians only compose 1% of the American workforce of physicians. Due to our small numbers, the depiction of Black female doctors in media, on any scale, highly affects the public’s view on the character of all future and current African-American female doctors.

What a stupid petition since the show doesn't even feature female doctors.

by Anonymousreply 103/10/2013

There's nothing worse than entitled women who sit around and do nothing but spend their husbands' hard-earned money.

by Anonymousreply 203/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 303/10/2013

R2 would give anything to sit around and spend his husband's money.

by Anonymousreply 403/10/2013

I just caught a marathon of this series today. These women are crazier than the Housewives. There are two women who are doctors. The rest are married to doctors. One of the crazier women is married to a weird, bow tie wearing, closet case

by Anonymousreply 605/05/2013

This show is my guilty pleasure. And the reunion is on now!

by Anonymousreply 705/28/2013

the show is coming back this february!

by Anonymousreply 901/08/2014

Season 2 coming! Trailer:

by Anonymousreply 1002/20/2014

"85% of black doctors practicing today got in med school under affirmative action regs."

But of course you won't complain about rich white people and white children of celebrities pulling strings to get into college. You can ask Gwyneth Paltrow about that...

by Anonymousreply 1102/20/2014

No...the whole basis is that it's supposed to be a fantasy show.

by Anonymousreply 1202/20/2014

Family wealth is the overriding influence in college and professional school admissions R8, not race.

And getting into medical school is not some golden ticket, you still have to be able to pass the rigorous and high workload courses, successful complete your STEP exams, be able to complete your clinical rotations while impressing the physician staff and get accepted into a residency where you have to actually prove yourself as a physician.

If you can do those things, you deserve to be a physician.

And I've never seen this show but I'll end this post with an old joke

How you you hide a $100 bill from a neurosurgeon? Pin it to their child. The idea of being married to medicine can be quite real.

by Anonymousreply 1302/20/2014

looks like they cast 2 new girls and threw the weird-faced white woman out.

by Anonymousreply 1402/20/2014

Season 2 premiere next sunday! can't wait.

Apparently a major twist is that "Mariah" and Quard are now no longer friends.

by Anonymousreply 1503/30/2014

Science fiction meets "reality TV"

by Anonymousreply 1603/30/2014

just a few days away!

by Anonymousreply 1704/03/2014

What!!!!!???? Mariah and Quad have parted ways?

And has Carey really been booted??

by Anonymousreply 1804/03/2014

yeah apparently they're not friends anymore and yes the weird-faced, weird-accent lady just has a recurring role now.

by Anonymousreply 1904/03/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2004/03/2014

the first episode is drama-packed. Dr. Simone is accused of flirting with someone else's man and Mariah & Quad have a falling out.

by Anonymousreply 2104/04/2014

I absolutely love Quad, and I am almost glad that she has ditched Mariah as her appendage. I am really glad that the hag also known as Carrie will not be featured this season.

by Anonymousreply 2204/05/2014

Kari will be in some scenes but she'll either be a friend/recurring role or simply have guest cameos. I'm happy about that downgrade. She was annoying.

Does anyone know people from Tennessee? Quad and Mariah are both from there but different cities and their accents are REALLY different than those we hear in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 2304/05/2014

I love how 1 of the new cast members is a dentist with the first name of Heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 2404/06/2014

HEAVENLY?????? OMG Did she strip her way through dental school??

I know that Mariah and Quad are from Tenn,(Memphis?) and I agree that they are cut from different cloth/s. To me, Mariah seems very "fresh out the hood" rich with very little polish. Quad on the other hand, may well be fresh out the hood, but she has polish for days. Her voice is very studied and frankly, while I normally abhor affectations, I think it serves her very well. She comes across as smarter and more controlled than Mariah does. I'm sure that Q is capable of going off, but I don't imagine we'll see her lose all pose on camera at any time. Mariah seems to be just a step above rachet, and I know that sounds harsh, but just sense that she has very little self discipline and control. Of course, I'm prolly 100% wrong about everything I just babbled about. Quad may snatch Mariah bald headed in the second episode while Mariah keeps her cool and remains above the foolishness! It will be fun to watch and see how the chit turns.

by Anonymousreply 2504/06/2014

Will Mariah's fabulous mother (Miss Lucy) be back, too?

by Anonymousreply 2604/06/2014

Ermahgawwwwd that wig!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2704/06/2014

Actually Quad is the one from Memphis while "Mariah" aka LaKeisha is from Chattanooga. Anyone know what that place is like?

by Anonymousreply 2804/06/2014

Chattanooga isn't that different from a very small ATL. It's a small somewhat urbane southern city.

I'm just loving Quad more and more. I feel for her "baby dilemma" sitch, but I also see where Her husband is coming from. He wants to play catch with his kids(you know he's hoping for a Greg Jr first)while he's still moderately young. I know one thing, while Quad is certainly not over the hill, if she's planning on holding out longer than one year max, she would be well served to freeze her eggs STAT. More and more we are learning how the quality of the eggs deteriorates rapidly after age 30. Now I'm not suggesting that all women giving birth after 30 are on shaky ground, but you look at the number of kids with autism, and all of it's spectrum of conditions, and I know I wouldn't be riskng eggs much over 30-32. Also, Quad isn't the sort who would be all warm and fuzzy about a special needs child imo. Oh well, she do what she do I guess.

What has Dr Jackie had done??? She looks SO freshened up it's stupid! Not pulled or Botoxed or "fillered" to death, just fresh. I'm guessing perhaps a peel of some sort and a very very good mouth makeover. But I dunno...what do you think? She looks 20+ more femme and pretty to me than she dd last season. But she needs to monitor her well intended comments about health. She is a doc and it is her area of expertise, but she needs to stay in her lane at social events. Keep that shit in the office.

I am so glad that Toya took care of her stache problem. She looks much better now that she is shadow free. Mariah's edges are looking a bit better this season.. she is a very pretty woman no doubt, but I still don't think she is of the caliber of Quad. Call me shallow and impressionable, but I just feel that Q has a poise and manner which in no way says hood, while Mariah seems to be one foot in, one foot out of the hood. I do get a kick out of her genuine attempts to bring Bengladeshian culture to their children. That speaks very well of her.

Simone done lost her damn mind. I'm not even going there right now. I want to wait and see where this ish is going. But SMDH!!

And I don't miss Kari one bit.

by Anonymousreply 2904/07/2014

I was so happy to see Miss Lucy last night!

"She is envy."

by Anonymousreply 3004/07/2014

I know!!! I couldn't believe it when she said that.

# Barbarian cream she may give Phaekdra a run for her money

by Anonymousreply 3104/07/2014

Dr. Heavenly debuted HARD! Coming for both Dr. Simone and Dr. Jackie right out the gate! I don't like her bible-girl mentality though "wives must be submissive to their husbands".

The fat girl Jackie lectured was fat but not obese...I'm sure the producers told her to go over to Jackie because they knew something would happen lol.

I guess the 7th woman won't be upgraded to an official cast member until a few more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 3204/07/2014

I was not at all impressed or taken by Dr Heavenly. But, I will cut her some slack, because I bet the producers goaded her into pushing the Biblical BS for shock effect. She really was quite hefty before her own weight loss wasn't she? Kudos to her for taking off so much.

This is just my Spidey sense talking, but I have a feeling that bothe Dr Simone and Dr Jackie are going to have a rough season. Which is weird since THEY are real doctors and not just MDMrses.

I love her to death, but Simone just might have a leeeetle drinking problem. That would explain her acting out with Toya's husband, and it's probably due to all the stress she's feeling over her billing issues and lack of funds. I sure hope this doesn't hurt her career n any way.

by Anonymousreply 3304/08/2014

The only downside to this show being back is on is that we'll have to suffer through Andy Cohen pretending he is a sassy black woman.

If he really wants to act like a black woman then he needs to give up his money and NY apartment, move to the projects, drive a beat up mid-80s El Dorado and try and raise 12 chirrens on gov't aid.

Then I'll be impressed.

by Anonymousreply 3404/08/2014

I like Quad but I wish she didn't go blonde! She looked great with black hair. No need to join the overly crowded blonde train.

by Anonymousreply 3504/08/2014

Quad's husband has the NERDIEST voice ever my goodness.

by Anonymousreply 3604/09/2014

But he is a cute nerd and a Dookie!!! Yay!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3704/09/2014

have to say I'm disappointed with the husbands on this show-not really into any of them. I thought maybe there would be at least 1 stud.

by Anonymousreply 3804/10/2014

This thread is ridiculous and ignorant ( and you wonder why people say certain things about gay people), no wonder it's a dud. Someone who's better at starting threads should start a new one and link to it.

by Anonymousreply 3904/10/2014

R39 I agree I'd like a better OP who's not racist but this is the only thread so far to talk about the show.

by Anonymousreply 4004/11/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!