Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Brooke Shields ‘Likely’ To Join The View After Elisabeth Hasselbeck Given Walking Papers

he View is changing yet again with insiders saying Brooke Shields will be joining the chaotic and cast challenged ABC morning show!

The news comes hot on the heels of Joy Behar‘s announcement that she’ll be leaving the show and a shocking report that Elisabeth Hasselbeck‘s contract hasn’t been renewed.

According to the website showbiz411, it’s “likely” Brooke will be joining The View next season. Showbiz411′s sources say the show’s den mother, Barbara Walters, really wants Brooke because 47-year-old actress, who has already guest hosted on The View, has all the right stuff to appeal to fans. She’s articulate, has Hollywood connections perfect for nabbing interviews, is the right age, and is a mom!

The View has been its own “hot topic” since Joy Behar announced she was quitting after 17 years. Then, as RadarOnline.com recently reported, sources say Elisabeth Hasselbeck will also not be back next season. According to US Weekly, Elisabeth was judged to be “too extreme and right wing” to remain on the show.

According to Showbiz411, although The View deal with Brooke isn’t yet done, it’s close!

by Anonymousreply 6209/07/2014

Kathy will never get on "The View" again now.

by Anonymousreply 103/10/2013

Hasselbeck isn't anymore rightwing than she was the day she started. But she has been hired by Fox and Behar has (had?) her own show on CNN. Time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 203/10/2013

Behar was negotiating with CNN...I do so hope she replaces Piers "how many times have you been properly in love" Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 303/10/2013

I love Brooke, I will tune in if she gets the job.

by Anonymousreply 403/10/2013

Me too R4!

I am on my way to google it, but what issue does Kathy Griffin have with Brooke Shields?

by Anonymousreply 503/10/2013

Sheri Sheppard tweets in:

in the middle of a calm ocean but it feels like my world is crashing down around me #confused #devastated

by Anonymousreply 603/10/2013

Read Kathy's book....there is a whole chapter on Brooke. Brooke has issues with Kathy not vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 703/10/2013

[quote]Read Kathy's book....there is a whole chapter on Brooke. Brooke has issues with Kathy not vice versa.

Yes, that's exactly what Kathy would say.

by Anonymousreply 803/10/2013

I thought the co producer Bill Gedde (sp?) adored EH.

by Anonymousreply 903/10/2013

Gedde doesn't have the power to keep her when ABC wants her gone. They ultimately call the shots, as well they should, it's their money. They could replace Gedde too if they felt like it, so I doubt he even bothered to argue very strenuously in her favor.

by Anonymousreply 1003/10/2013

[quote] They could replace Gedde too if they felt like it, so I doubt he even bothered to argue very strenuously in her favor.

He co-owns the show with Barbara

by Anonymousreply 1103/10/2013

Gedde doesn't pay the bills, ABC does. They could fire him and he'd still remain co-owner, he just wouldn't be producing it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1203/10/2013

who is Kathy?

by Anonymousreply 1303/10/2013

[quote] They could fire him and he'd still remain co-owner, he just wouldn't be producing it anymore.

They would have to buy him out as he OWNS the show. As owner ABC can't fire him.

by Anonymousreply 1403/10/2013

The minute Walters goes, Gedde goes.

by Anonymousreply 1503/10/2013

I wish they'd have a Hispanic woman on there. There are countless qualified Hispanic women they could hire.

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2013

Rosie Perez!

by Anonymousreply 1703/10/2013

Rita Moreno!

by Anonymousreply 1803/10/2013

Isn't the story that Geddes, a dedicated Republican toad, has been coaching Hasselbeck for years? Obviously, it's in line with her own twisted views but they see eye to eye on these things.

So if he co-owns the show with Walters, and Hasselbeck's his pet Republican blonde, I don't understand why/how she's getting the boot.

Who fired Rosie, ABC or the show (meaning Walters/Geddes)? Did she quit?

by Anonymousreply 1903/10/2013

ABC has control over the 'talent' because they are the ones paying their checks.

Although Bill & Babs own the show, the talent are under contract to ABC

So in essence the talent work for ABC not for Babs or Bill,

by Anonymousreply 2003/10/2013

[quote] I wish they'd have a Hispanic woman on there.

Flashback to 2003. Rachel Campos was THISCLOSE to getting the gig. But all you DL queens emailed ABC en masse saying "NOOOO" Hire Elisabeth the compassionate conservative.

Well you got your wish, but careful what you had wished for.

by Anonymousreply 2103/10/2013

Thank you, R20.

by Anonymousreply 2203/10/2013

You know Datalounge is dead when someone keeps chirping, "Who's Kathy?".

And please don't allude to something like "a whole chapter on Brooke" without elaborating. This is (was?) a gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 2303/10/2013

Can she speak?

by Anonymousreply 2403/10/2013

And why would we have been so much happier with Campos, r21. She was a Repug airhead, d-list reality show "star", just like Hasselbeck was.

by Anonymousreply 2503/10/2013

R25 if you remember way back then they wanted to hire a conservative. DL queens didn't want Rachel either, but at the time thought Lizzie was the better choice.

by Anonymousreply 2603/10/2013

I've never heard much, if anything, over the years where it comes to Brooke Shields' political views. Is the reason she's being thought of as a replacement for Elisabeth because she too is a conservative?

by Anonymousreply 2703/10/2013

I wouldn't doubt it, r27. She not only wears for but is a pro-fur advocate, she appeared in a pro-fur documentary. If she's callous enough to shrug at animal torture, she's callous enough to be a Repug, or at least a conservative Dem/Repug-lite.

by Anonymousreply 2803/10/2013

Brooke donated money to Obama in 2008.

I don't think she's a rabid republican.

by Anonymousreply 2903/10/2013

Actually I would clean the whole slate except for Whoop. I know y'all hate her, but I think she brings a unique, old school black lesbian hippie vibe and a live and let live kind of vibe to the panel. She also does a great job of moderating. I would bring in, SE Cupp, Soledad O'Brien, a Whitney Cummings type, and Jane Pauly

by Anonymousreply 3003/10/2013

"has Hollywood connections perfect for nabbing interviews"

Right, because all those Hollywood A-listers who would otherwise turn down "The View" will be certain to accept when it's their intimate friend and fellow A-lister BROOKE SHIELDS calling!!

by Anonymousreply 3103/10/2013

Kathy was a bridesmaid at Brooke's wedding -- they were close. At the wedding, Brooke's alcoholic mom went on a rampage. Kathy thought it was hilarious and for years did a 10-minute segment in her act about the whole fiasco. Brooke felt that if Kathy was her friend, she would not stand on stage and tell stories about Brooke's mother. Kathy didn't give a shit. End of friendship.

by Anonymousreply 3203/10/2013

[quote]I wish they'd have a Hispanic woman on there.

They had a Greek, but she wasn't a great success.

I liked her though.

by Anonymousreply 3303/10/2013

And I'll add that although Kathy remains unrepentant about the stuff with Brooke, she no longer talks smack about any celebrities in her act, other than the Housewives or maybe Lohan. She's now friends with Cher and Jane Fonda, and you certainly won't hear her talking smack about them or their families in her act.

by Anonymousreply 3403/10/2013

You guys remember Rachel Campos right? She would have been ten times worse than EH, she was even more polarizing and extreme. The view made the right choice in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 3503/10/2013

Brooke would be an excellent choice.

by Anonymousreply 3603/10/2013

Was interested to see Brooke Shields on panel last week. Came away unimpressed. I thought she came off a bit boring and dull.

by Anonymousreply 3703/10/2013

[quote]I thought she came off a bit boring and dull.

Great! We'll have her!

by Anonymousreply 3803/10/2013

Kathy is a horrible friend. Especially after Brooke planned her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 3903/10/2013

[quote]Flashback to 2003. Rachel Campos was THISCLOSE to getting the gig. But all you DL queens emailed ABC en masse saying "NOOOO" Hire Elisabeth the compassionate conservative.

No, they picked Elisabeth over Rachel because Joy, Star, and Meredith all threatened to quit if Rachel was hired. They HATED her.

by Anonymousreply 4003/10/2013

What about Miss Cantone. She is there twice a week anyway...

by Anonymousreply 4103/10/2013

They also need someone young (under 35) who is articulate.

by Anonymousreply 4203/10/2013

I like Brooke, she is publically pro life and pro gay rights.

She is not an extremist on either side.

The fur thing is a head scratcher, though, she seems above that kind of nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 4303/10/2013

What about Rayven Symone? Young, Black and a lesbian.

Not to mention very well spoken and articulate...

by Anonymousreply 4403/10/2013

R44 - Raven would be a good choice.

by Anonymousreply 4503/10/2013

Will someone please spill the gossip on kathy and brooke?! What did Kathy write in her book?

by Anonymousreply 4603/10/2013

They could really use an Asian on the panel.

by Anonymousreply 4703/10/2013

Get rid of all of them and start over. Wanda Sykes to replace Whoopi. Wanda is actually FUNNY and can think on her feet. Plus, she is an out Lesbian and will represent the hip, politically incorrect point of view Whoopi only plays at. Which is what this show needs. Ali Wentworth to replace Behar. She's a Washington Blue Blood insider but she is also liberal and funny and she can carry a conversation. And since she knows many of the people BaBwa likes to socialize with she will get along just fine with the Dragon Lady. Brooke Shields to replace Hasselbeck. She's non-threatening, a mommy and her husband is a talented screen writer which gives her cred with Hollywood. And she bears a striking resemblence to Meredith Viera. One of the most popular past hosts of the show. Holly Robinson Peet to replace the flat earther, Sherri Shephard. Holly is quick, opinionated, well educated and she has an urbane sensibility that will play well to younger viewers. Plus, she has a pleasing on-air presence which was evident from her time on The Talk.

by Anonymousreply 4803/10/2013

[quote]I like Brooke, she is publically pro life and pro gay rights.

And also pro-antidepresants and pro-therapy, which is great because she lets people with depression know it's OK to get help.

by Anonymousreply 4903/10/2013

[quote]You guys remember Rachel Campos right? She would have been ten times worse than EH, she was even more polarizing and extreme. The view made the right choice in 2003.

Agreed.

[quote]No, they picked Elisabeth over Rachel because Joy, Star, and Meredith all threatened to quit if Rachel was hired. They HATED her.

This too. I just happened to catch a bit of segment when Campos was trying out. She made a comment about "The Liberals" during a mini rant. The stinkeye that Jones gave her (Campos didn't see it) had me holding my stomach from laughing so hard. I knew Campos wasn't going to get the gig.

by Anonymousreply 5003/10/2013

I can visualize R48's panel working out...

by Anonymousreply 5103/10/2013

Can I join too?

by Anonymousreply 5203/10/2013

Bring back Star Jones?

by Anonymousreply 5303/10/2013

This is a question for real. Is Barbara Walters popular with the viewers?

She seems so transparent. A woman of her age who is both coy and a egomaniac with little sense of decency. She is like a toilet trained Joan Rivers without the jokes. She pretends to be humble, but is a huge snob, a mean spider of a woman who gets treated like royalty. I understand the industry respect and ass kissing that Barbara Walters has earned, but do the viewers actually like her? I really don't get it.

I remember many years ago when Kathy Griffin was a guest and Barbara was promoting some interview that she had done with Michael Douglas and CZJ and Kathy just blurts out, "you have to get out of bed with those people Barbara, you're gonna catch something.

Turns out Barbara finally did catch something, ha, and Kathy who once was a fearless comic now gets into bed with all the right people.

Watching an elderly woman with such a need for ego stroking and deference is sort of like when old men cry. It makes me uncomfortable and slightly disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 5403/10/2013

r54, when you were starting to tell a Kathy/Barbara story, I thought you were going to bring up the time Barbara flat out called Kathy a racist, for simply saying black Republicans are crazy to support a party that hates them. I think it's vicious to so casually call someone a racist on national tv, when it was obvious Kathy's comment was in complete opposition to racism. I don't think Barbara misunderstood her, she was just willing to go for the throat like that, just to maintain a sense of balance between two parties. Barbara just didn't like that Kathy had singled out the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 5503/11/2013

Let's put it this way, r54. Her "fans" couldn't possibly love her more than she loves herself. Love your take on her though. "She is like a toilet trained Joan Rivers without the jokes". Priceless.

by Anonymousreply 5603/11/2013

Brooke can really bring the show a much needed touch of class.

by Anonymousreply 5703/14/2013

How can you "class-up" a show with four harpies reading the HuffPo headlines and tsk-tsking in a politically correct way? Then those excrutiating interviews where they hover over Today's Guest and all get to ask one pre-written question?

by Anonymousreply 5803/14/2013

I love Wanda Sykes but she'd be wasted on The View. That evil hag, Barbara Walters, would censor anything and everything that Wanda said.

by Anonymousreply 5903/14/2013

So I take it OP's prediction isn't happening.

by Anonymousreply 6008/04/2014

Considering it was posted a year and a half ago, asshole, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 6108/04/2014

Why didn't Brooke make it to The View?

by Anonymousreply 6209/07/2014
Need more help? Click Here.