Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Queen Elizabeth II To Make Historic Pledge Tomorrow Promoting Gay Rights and ‘Gender Equality’

Queen Elizabeth will make a live television broadcast tomorrow in which the Daily Mail is reporting she will make a historic pledge promoting gay rights and ‘gender equality’ in one of the most controversial acts of her reign.

She is expected to sign a new Commonwealth charter designed to stop discrimination against homosexual people and promote the ‘empowerment’ of women. Part of the charter, dubbed a ‘21st Century Commonwealth Magna Carta,’ will read: ‘We are implacably opposed to all forms of discrimination, whether rooted in gender, race, colour, creed, political belief or other grounds’. The Daily Mail points out that the ‘other grounds’ was intended to refer to sexuality, “but specific reference to ‘gays and lesbians’ was omitted in deference to Commonwealth countries with draconian anti-gay laws.”

Read more at the link

by Anonymousreply 4003/12/2013

This would be great but the BBC site is still not reporting that. Internet hoax?

by Anonymousreply 103/09/2013

Not OP, but here is a link from Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 203/09/2013

She's a big ol' queen herself.

by Anonymousreply 303/09/2013

When you old queens stop fighting, this old queen would like a gin and tonic!

by Anonymousreply 403/09/2013

God, fave the Queens!

by Anonymousreply 503/09/2013

This is also now being reported in The Telegraph but not in most other papers. Obviously, this would be breaking news so wonder why it's not being reported in other papers.

by Anonymousreply 603/09/2013

Scott Thompson will always be Queen Elizabeth to me.

by Anonymousreply 703/09/2013

One of the grandchildren must be coming out soon; cue the Magna Carta!

by Anonymousreply 803/09/2013

Probably because it came at the end of a news cycle day on a saturday...But this is great news for the world!

by Anonymousreply 903/09/2013

She dying.

by Anonymousreply 1003/09/2013

As it turns out, we know learn that the rotweiller Camilla is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 1103/09/2013

**know = now.

by Anonymousreply 1203/09/2013

Is Edward's coming out the next thing on the gay agenda?

by Anonymousreply 1303/09/2013

About 80% of the staff at Buckingham Palace is gay, I'm sure she didn't have to be pushed.

by Anonymousreply 1403/09/2013

I just want to see her purse her lips and say the word..."homoseksuals."

by Anonymousreply 1503/09/2013

Maybe she will reveal shes bisexual

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2013

If only they'd release the photos of Harry's pee pee.

by Anonymousreply 1703/10/2013

I don't see how something that refuses to explicitly say "gay rights" because of the fucking reactionary assholes in Africa being homophobic is some sort of step towards equal rights for homosexuals in the Commonwealth.

by Anonymousreply 1803/10/2013

Apparently, gays are relegated to the description "other grounds" in her speech. Big. Fucking. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 1903/10/2013

I know a lot of you guys don't like the Queen. I happen to love her very much. Would you please quit suggesting the Queen is dying. It upsets me. I know she's 86 and will die in the not too distant future, but I don't want to think about it. The Queen has been maligned for so many years and yet she gets up every day and does her work. She's a good woman, not a perfect woman, but she close enough to perfect for my affections. Just don't say she's going to die soon.

by Anonymousreply 2003/10/2013

Amen R20 She is amazing and now she is even more amazing for doing this

by Anonymousreply 2103/10/2013

WTF is the point of being QUEEN if you can't say what you mean and tell your critics to fuck off?

So what if GB is a constitutional monarchy now? As long as there's a King or Queen, it's a perfect setup for them to speak to truths their elected PMs cannot.

by Anonymousreply 2203/10/2013

The Queen has a powerful voice in the hearts and minds of her people. What she will have too say today will shape that country for many years to come or at least advance gay rights even faster. Kudos to the Queen

by Anonymousreply 2303/10/2013

[quote]specific reference to ‘gays and lesbians’ was omitted in deference to Commonwealth countries with draconian anti-gay laws.

Fail.

by Anonymousreply 2403/10/2013

Let's hope she doesn't say something like "I have come to tolerate gay people because they don't choose to be different" as if that were the litmus test. I hate that shit.

by Anonymousreply 2503/10/2013

It's been leaked:

Since last Sunday, we have seen, throughout Britain and around the world, an overwhelming expression of support for homosexuals.

We have all been trying in our different ways to understand this lifestyle. It is not easy to express, since the initial shock is often succeeded by a mixture of other feelings: disbelief, incomprehension, anger -- and concern for those who are gay.

We have all felt those emotions in these last few days. So what I say to you now, as your queen and as a grandmother, I say from my heart.

First, I want to pay tribute to the gays myself. They are exceptional and gifted human beings. In good times and bad, they never lose the capacity to smile and laugh, nor to inspire others with warmth and kindness.

I admire and respect them -- for their energy and commitment to others, and especially for their devotion to humanitarian causes.

I for one believe that there are lessons to be drawn from their lives.

This is also an opportunity for me, on behalf of my family, and especially Princes Charles and Harry, to thank all of you who have fought so long and hard for gay rights.

Our thoughts are also with AIDS victims and their families around the world, as they seek to heal their sorrow and then to face the future without a loved one. Acts of kindness have been a huge source of help and comfort, but I share in your determination to fight for a cure.

It is now time to show to the whole world the British nation is united in open-mindedness, compassion and respect for our gay brothers and sisters.

by Anonymousreply 2603/10/2013

"Just don't say she's going to die soon."

R20, her mother lived to be over 100. Who knows, QEII may do the same?

R22, you seem to miss the point of a constitutional monarchy. Any official pronouncement she makes that touches upon policy is carefully vetted, approved by or written by "her" government on her behalf whether she agrees with it personally or not. It is precisely for the reasons R23 stated: her words still mean a lot as she is a powerful symbol.

by Anonymousreply 2703/10/2013

So, what did she end up saying?

by Anonymousreply 2803/10/2013

Anything happen yet?

by Anonymousreply 2903/10/2013

I love her dearly just because of her "Good evening, Mr. Bond," at the Olympics last July. She filmed the whole thing perfectly in one take. It was fabulous!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3003/11/2013

If she's not going to say anything bold, courageous or interesting she should keep her ignorant trap shut. If she's going to suck up to ignorant Commonwealth members she should definitely keep her ignorant trap shut.

by Anonymousreply 3103/11/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3203/11/2013

hm

by Anonymousreply 3303/11/2013

Update?

by Anonymousreply 3403/11/2013

I'm with r20, I love that old battle-ax. Love and respect. I really do.

by Anonymousreply 3503/11/2013

So, promoting rights for specific groups and NOT including gays among those groups is a historic pledge for gay rights??????

WTF??????????

by Anonymousreply 3603/11/2013

She's going to die soon.

by Anonymousreply 3703/11/2013

She didn't even bother to speak on the matter of gay rights... Not even a squeak from her cunjesty..

She merely signed a vague "Charter"

Coward

by Anonymousreply 3803/12/2013

Well, this turned out to be a huge flop. She couldn't even say the words "sexual orientation" or gay. How pathetic.

Pro gay rights my ass. Sad that someone who is one of the most famous women in the world and has the voice to be heard decides to stay silent.

Proof that this monarchy shit is useless and outdated.

by Anonymousreply 3903/12/2013

"What will the Muslims think?"

They'll label her a prostitute, and issue a death warrant on her.

by Anonymousreply 4003/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!