Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why is everybody all about money?

Why is everybody so obsessed? Money can't buy us happiness. Can we all slow down and enjoy right now? Guarantee we'll be feeling alright without money. It's not about the money, money, money. Life ain't about the cha-ching, cha-ching. No one cares about the ba-bling, ba-bling.

Seems like everybody's got a price. I wonder how they sleep at night when the sale comes first and the truth comes second. Just stop for a minute and smile. We need to take it back in time and forget about the price tag. Only then would we be happy.

by Donating to charityreply 1405/02/2014

"...and by the way. You're fired!"

by Donating to charityreply 103/09/2013

You must be rich if you can't figure it out.

by Donating to charityreply 203/09/2013

Money is the root of all evil.

by Donating to charityreply 303/09/2013

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

by Donating to charityreply 403/09/2013

by Donating to charityreply 503/09/2013

Maybe because there's practically no job security anymore OP?

by Donating to charityreply 603/09/2013

Money buys Apple products.

by Donating to charityreply 703/09/2013

Apples buy love

by Donating to charityreply 803/09/2013

I'm barely making enough money to get by, and I live very frugally. I hate my boss and I can't quit my job, because I have no money in the bank anymore (don't ask), and I have few possessions.

But I'm happy. And I know money didn't make me that way.

So why am I happy, you might ask? Because I'm up to my eyeballs in anti-depressants!

by Donating to charityreply 1103/09/2013

I like quality things, and travel. Since I don't make a ton of money, I've had to figure out a way to be creative to get what I want. That German car? I never buy new, but find a good 3 year old one that was well maintained.

That antique colonial? Well, it's a lot smaller than my coworker's McMansions, but it's been renovated to a very high standard and yeah, it's unlike what everyone else has. The trips I take are less frequent, but usually overseas. Who cares about going to a beach resort every winter when I can travel to Ireland or Japan every two years?

My point is that money can buy happiness in some respects. It gives you the opportunity to enjoy your interests more fully. It's why I often work 6 days a week. I want what I want. Plenty have said to me that I shouldn't work as much as I do, but then I wouldn't be able to afford the things I like. I also know how lucky I am, oompared to many. Good luck, R11.

by Donating to charityreply 1203/10/2013

Everybdy is not all about money OP. Most people are about survival.

by Donating to charityreply 1303/10/2013

People are so selfish.

by Donating to charityreply 1405/02/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!