Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Which part of the day do you like the least?

I hate midday. God it's awful, I guess I just associate a lot of bad things with afternoon. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 2803/11/2013

Any part spent awake and sober.

by Anonymousreply 103/09/2013

This was the sort of berserkly trivial question White Belt Man used to always ask.

What's your favorite drink at Starbuck's? What's your least favorite flavor of jellybean? What's your favorite silverware pattern? etc.

by Anonymousreply 203/09/2013

Various parts of each day can seem lonely.

Lately I'm lonely upon first arising from bed each day.

Other times I dread going to bed because of chronic insomnia.

And the insomnia is from loneliness and existential angst.

by Anonymousreply 303/09/2013

That short time before night; after the sun has set but it is still light.

by Anonymousreply 403/09/2013

The time between 2 and 3:30 p.m.

by Anonymousreply 503/09/2013

Morning. Dear god, mornings suck. All mornings. Ever morning.

by Anonymousreply 603/09/2013

That moment just before I get out bed around 6 AM.

by Anonymousreply 703/09/2013

"That short time before night; after the sun has set but it is still light."

That's my favorite time of day. I'm a night person, so that's the start of the day for me, in a way. I love sunsets. I abhor mornings.

by Anonymousreply 803/09/2013

I love dusk too! So beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 903/09/2013

I wouldn't hate mornings if they didn't mean Work. The fatigue, the rush, the traffic, the awful job, awful people. To me the sunrise is hateful.

Someday I want mornings to be: sleeping in, brunch on the veranda, taking a bike ride...

by Anonymousreply 1003/10/2013

This part. Right now.

by Anonymousreply 1103/10/2013

Late afternoon towards dusk, especially on Sunday. I get a very visceral reaction to it.

I'm pretty sure that was the time my dad would return home after a bender to wreck havoc on the household.

by Anonymousreply 1203/10/2013

Oh God, not another fucking beautiful day.

by Anonymousreply 1303/10/2013

There's something about Sunday night that really makes you want to kill yourself...And that creepy '60 Minutes' watch that sounds like your whole life ticking away.

by Anonymousreply 1403/10/2013

Agree with R7. But the hour before and the hour after sunset are the BEST.

by Anonymousreply 1503/10/2013

Mid to late afternoon. Hate it.

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2013

Yeah, if I had to choose a part of the day to hate, I'd choose afternoon/late afternoon as well approx 1:30-5:30.

by Anonymousreply 1703/10/2013

I hate that time, too, R4 - totally depressing

by Anonymousreply 1803/10/2013

Between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. - a mongrel time of day. I love mornings and evenings though.

by Anonymousreply 1903/10/2013

R10, that's how I feel. Look at how much time we spend in our ONE LIFE at work. I think it's so sad that life and society is set up to work, work, work. Waste of life.

I hate a few parts of the day equally. The half-hour before I have to wake up for the job, that time in the mid-afternoon that just drags - 4-5 PM. Then, the 15 min before I have to go to sleep. I'm a night owl so I push media consumption up until the last minute typically. I also get depressed AFTER work, 6 PM when you get in the car and drive away. As much as I love to be off work for the day, Its a reminder that I'm single and miss having that person to call at the end of the workday.

by Anonymousreply 2003/10/2013

As mentioned by some before, this is the part of the week/day I hate the most, RIGHT NOW. Late Sunday afternoon and evening. I must now shave and pluck my face to make myself pretty for the bitches at work who dont appreciate me!

by Anonymousreply 2103/10/2013

Since I got cancer & retired, I don't hate any time of day.

I don't recommend the illness (though it does tend to change one's perspective), but I do suggest that anyone whose job is making him/her miserable make a serious effort to change jobs or retire.

Life actually is too short to spend it being unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 2203/10/2013

[quote]I wouldn't hate mornings if they didn't mean Work. The fatigue, the rush, the traffic, the awful job, awful people.

[quote]There's something about Sunday night that really makes you want to kill yourself...

And this. I don't become suicidal; however, Sunday evening means work Monday morning.

by Anonymousreply 2303/10/2013

The moment when my alarm clock beeps.

by Anonymousreply 2403/10/2013

The part of day when I get in the car and head to work.

by Anonymousreply 2503/10/2013

Reading these comments really makes me appreciate my life just as it is. I'm with R22 100%.

by Anonymousreply 2603/10/2013

Am disabled for the past 6 years. NOt much to do; watch WAY too much TV.

Worst times (and my retired mother and aunt used to say the same!)Weekends, strangely; also Monday holidays.

DUring the day: 5:00-6:00 p.m. - soaps/cooking shows I LIKE are over, and news hasn't come on yet.

But when I worked (30 years; yes, I'm "old"):

If job (rarely) was boring: hated 10:00-11:00 a.m. and 2:30-3:30.

Hated the alarm going off; 6:30ish.

Hated the MOST: Sundays around 7:00 p.m.; knew what was coming tomorrow!

(Mind you; I'm single; am sure if was partnered, would like weekends and holidays more.)

by Anonymousreply 2703/11/2013

I'm really, really lucky. While my job is completely boring, it generally doesn't stress me out, at all. And, the people, while also boring (generally), are not toxic, confrontational, or negative.

I'm a judicial clerk for a judge. I sit in my cube and read and write all day, everyday I get up and talk with coworkers from time to time, and meet with the judge sometimes, but it's generally very solitary and self-directed.

So, the Sunday night thing has luckily escaped my for as long as I've had this job. But, it's all too real for those around me, including my sister who is nearly ill every Sunday night. And that sucks, because then you lose out on basically 1/4 of the weekend as anxiousness and nerves set in. That's no way to live and I'm truly sorry to all the people who have to experience that (and I could always be one of those people in the future).

Seriously, I'm so used to my job, that I always complain how unexciting it is and it would be nice to have more engagement with the world and contact with people. But, everyone tells me I'm just going through "grass is always greener" thinking and that my job would be their dream job, even if it isn't very dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 2803/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!