Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sarah Jessica Parker: High Heels Deformed Me

What did she do wear them on her face!

by Anonymousreply 3703/19/2013

High heels are the worst fucking thing imaginable to stick on your feet. But morons keep on keepin on with them.

by Anonymousreply 103/09/2013

I spit out my coffee at the title of this thread!

by Anonymousreply 203/09/2013

Actually, a co-worker had to have an operation because of her having worn high heels for years.

by Anonymousreply 303/09/2013

I never wore heels. One day I wore a pair of narrow toed boots with a 2.5 in heel and the very next day I had a knob atop my foot. The podiatrist said it was my joint. Arthritis of the big toe caused joint dysfunction. I'm supposed to have surgery, but I won't. I never wear heels and I had a shoemaker put a sort of rocking thing on the bottom of my shoes that prevents the toe box from crumpling down on my deformed joint.

The best footwear for my feet, I have found, are certain Croc flip flops. But some Croc flip flops are awful. I just have to order them on sale and wear them a bit to see how they do.

by Anonymousreply 403/09/2013

[quote]"For ten or so years, I literally ran in heels," Parker told Net-a-Porter's magazine. "I worked 18-hour days and never took them off. I wore beautiful shoes, some better made than others, and never complained." "I went to a foot doctor and he said, 'Your foot does things it shouldn't be able to do. That bone there … you've created that bone. It doesn't belong there.'" "The moral of the story is, the chickens are coming home to roost. It's sad, because my feet took me all over the world, but eventually they were like, 'You know what, we're really tired, can you just stop - and don't put cheap shoes on us?'"

She wasn't actually filming for 18 consecutive hours a day. Why didn't she take her shoes off between takes and when she was waiting around in her trailer? And bullshit she was wearing CHEAP shoes.

by Anonymousreply 503/09/2013

[quote]And then for 2011's I Don't Know How She Does It, the actress got all method-y. "I was very thoughtful about my whole wardrobe and said, 'You know, (her character, Kate Reddy) could not afford really good shoes, she would go to Nine West.'

[quote"So I got shoes from there and the bottom of the shoes aren't leather, they are plastic, so I slipped a couple times, twisted my ankle." And got that most unfashionable diagnosis from her doctor.

Nine West must be ecstatic.

by Anonymousreply 603/09/2013

She was deformed way back in Fist Born, playing the ugly girl who smuggles a bottle of wine to the cute disturbed boy.

If she can blame her face on her heels, can I blame my neck on my ankles? They've both swollen, and I'm pretty sure it's related. To diabetes, natch.

by Anonymousreply 703/09/2013

[quote]And then for 2011's I Don't Know How She Does It, the actress got all method-y. "I was very thoughtful about my whole wardrobe and said, 'You know, (her character, Kate Reddy) could not afford really good shoes, she would go to Nine West.'

Except she wore a Mulberry Alexa bag through the entire movie, which runs around $1500. Did SJP approve that? But the character wore cheap shoes?

by Anonymousreply 803/09/2013

oh please, what is she moaning about? it's fixable, it's not as if she has cancer or something...big fucking deal.

by Anonymousreply 903/09/2013

She has a bunion. Older women get them. She's trying to make it sound like a cheap pair of shoes crippled her when it's just one of those changes women find at menopause.

by Anonymousreply 1103/09/2013

No, Sarah, you were barn that way.

by Anonymousreply 1203/09/2013

I remember getting tickled while watching the Emmys Red Carpet coverage one year (maybe in '98) when Joan Rivers had no problem chiding SJP for wearing canvas Maryjane flats with her gown. Sarah and Matthew calmly stood on the carpet while Joan went off on her about it.

by Anonymousreply 1303/09/2013

Has she tried the Malouf hoof?

by Anonymousreply 1403/09/2013

That's why in the olden days, owners would re-shoe and trim their horses' hooves every 6 weeks. People nowadays are just lazy!

by Anonymousreply 1503/09/2013

This is the groundwork for her lawsuit against Nine West. Ever since Steve & Barry's went bankrupt Sarah Jessica has been trying to think how to cover the recievables from her "Bitten" clothing line that got charged off.

by Anonymousreply 1603/09/2013

Didn't high heels also deform Dolly Patton? No joke. High heels can ruin your feet and ankles.

by Anonymousreply 1703/09/2013

"She has a bunion. Older women get them. She's trying to make it sound like a cheap pair of shoes crippled her when it's just one of those changes women find at menopause."

That would explain the bunions on older men.

by Anonymousreply 1803/09/2013

Of course the human foot is not meant to be put into a high heel.

by Anonymousreply 1903/09/2013

Bunions have nothing to do with menopause, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 2003/09/2013

I can empathize with Sarah Jessica Parker.

They killed my feet, too. Have to kick them off when no one is looking.

However, I won't give them up because they make my legs look even more feminine and sexy!

by Anonymousreply 2103/09/2013

High heels are beautiful but they do cause deformities.

by Anonymousreply 2203/09/2013

Especially in older women, foot disorders are a major cause of disability and sedentary habits. A study involving almost 3,000 women and men ages 56 and older found that women are more likely to have bunions as they get older, and the more severe their bunions are, the lower their quality of life is. You should seek treatment if the pain and deformity interfere with daily routines and physical activity.

by Anonymousreply 2303/09/2013

And now even the lil purple homophobe Prince is reduced to wearing Ace Frehley space sneakers with two inch soles.

by Anonymousreply 2403/09/2013

High heels are terrible. They'll maim you like you were a Chinese girl with lotus foot.

by Anonymousreply 2503/09/2013

I had a low pair of designer heels I wore to interviews when I was young and thin, and one other pair, but I rarely wore them and would NEVER wear heels now. And the lengths that straight women will go to to be considered fashionable or sexy really disturbs me.

But of course, if you gayboys saw me, you would call me a fat old dyke.

by Anonymousreply 2603/09/2013

[quote]Why didn't she take her shoes off between takes and when she was waiting around in her trailer?

Just a theory, but she may not have taken them off because her irritated feet would swell and she'd never get them back on for the next take. I know I don't dare take my work shoes off until I'm done for the day (and I wear comfortable Merrell shoes).

by Anonymousreply 2703/09/2013

"High heels are terrible. They'll maim you like you were a Chinese girl with lotus foot. "

Or a Victorian girl with a whalebone corset. But in the day these things were popular, no straight man would look at a girl who wasn't wearing deforming foot binding, corsets, or Xtreme high heels.

I think straight men respond to a woman who wants a man badly enough to suffer physical pain to attract his attention.

by Anonymousreply 2803/10/2013

There are many foot deformities that are caused by wearing high heels: stress fractures, nerve pain, bunions, hammertoes, ankle sprains, stress injuries to the ball of the foot, and bruising under toenails.

Pump bump is a permanent bony protrusion on the back of the heel. It creates pressure that leads to blisters, swelling, bursitis and problems with the Achilles tendon.

by Anonymousreply 2903/10/2013

R28, I know a straight man who doesn't date women who don't wear high heels. He says heels tip a woman's pelvis forward into a more attractive position.

Anyone who is that invested in deforming women doesn't impress me. I don't trust him.

by Anonymousreply 3003/10/2013

I worked for a podiatrist for a few years who told me that women wearing high heels for years is what kept him in business. A close second were runners.

by Anonymousreply 3103/19/2013

So, Matthew beat her in the face with a Manolo?

by Anonymousreply 3203/19/2013

[quote]And the lengths that straight women will go to to be considered fashionable or sexy really disturbs me.

This x2

by Anonymousreply 3403/19/2013

I'm glad she discovered the dangers of heels and how they gave her a horse face. As soon as I read about her discoverey, I threw away all my high heel shoes.

by Anonymousreply 3503/19/2013

[OP] for ww!

by Anonymousreply 3603/19/2013

[quote]I think straight men respond to a woman who wants a man badly enough to suffer physical pain to attract his attention.

They'll respond to her, but I have a hard time believing they'll respect her.

by Anonymousreply 3703/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.