Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Charles Starweather

For some reason this guy creeps me the fuck out. I've even had nightmares about just talking to him.

by Anonymousreply 703/09/2013

It's Starkweather ! How would you even know about him? Long time ago. I happened to be a young kid living about 200 miles from Nebraska. At my house, we were on lock down, not allowed out to play until this incident was over.

by Anonymousreply 103/09/2013

Starkweather's story was dramatized in Terrence Malick's "Badlands".

by Anonymousreply 203/09/2013

His girlfriend is out and living in Michigan under a differentname.

by Anonymousreply 303/09/2013

Too scared to click on link. What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 403/09/2013

[quote]Starkweather's story was dramatized in Terrence Malick's "Badlands".

It was also made into a high-acclaimed and Emmy-nominated TV miniseries, MURDER IN THE HEARTLAND, starring Tim Roth and Fairuza Balk as Starkweather and Caril Fugate. I remember watching it at the time (1993) and thinking Starkweather was an old pedo because Caril was mentioned as being 13 and Roth was 32 and already looking weathered. I was surprised to find out later that Starkweather was actually only 19.

by Anonymousreply 503/09/2013

R14, he and his girlfriend went on a killing spree, which started with killing her entire family, including her baby sister. They were called "the most wanted couple since Bonnie and Clyde" even though they were much worse. Bonnie and Clyde only killed when cornered; Starkweather (with Caril's help) killed 14 people for the fun of it.

by Anonymousreply 603/09/2013

"Nebraska", Bruce Springsteen

I saw her standin' on her front lawn just twirlin' her baton Me and her went for a ride sir and ten innocent people died

From the town of Lincoln, Nebraska with a sawed off .410 on my lap Through to the badlands of Wyoming I killed everything in my path

I can't say that I'm sorry for the things that we done At least for a little while sir me and her we had us some fun

The jury brought in a guilty verdict and the judge he sentenced me to death Midnight in a prison storeroom with leather straps across my chest

Sheriff when the man pulls that switch sir and snaps my poor head back You make sure my pretty baby is sittin' right there on my lap

They declared me unfit to live said into that great void my soul'd be hurled They wanted to know why I did what I did Well sir I guess there's just a meanness in this world.

by Anonymousreply 703/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.