Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Return to Amityville!!!!

Eldest son of family terrorized by 'possessed' Long Island home reveals he is STILL haunted by his ordeal

Danny Lutz, who was 10 when his family moved into 112 Ocean Avenue, has spoken for the first time about what happened in the house

The 47-year-old Queens man claims the Amityville house was haunted by an evil force and he and his family were possessed, in a new documentary

The film explores how his life was ruined by the fame the family's experiences received via a best-selling book and its famous film adaptation.

He goes back to the Long Island property in the footage but refuses to go in

by Anonymousreply 2203/14/2013

By KATIE DAVIES PUBLISHED: 18:00 GMT, 8 March 2013 | UPDATED: 18:30 GMT, 8 March 2013

The eldest son in the 'Amityville horror family' has revealed how his experiences in the haunted house in the 1970s ruined his life.

Now a 47-year-old Queens UPS driver, Danny Lutz, was just a 10-year-old boy when his family moved into the Long Island property which had previously been home to a brutal murder.

He and his parents reported 'paranormal activities' at the two bedroom property and fled - their experience inspiring a book, a 1979 movie and plenty of column inches disputing their claims.

Now he features in a documentary sharing his experiences - the first time he has spoken publicly about the experience in nearly 40 years.

'I didn't want to be the Amityville horror kid. I’ve been running away from it my whole life and it finally caught up with me.' Lutz says in the trailer for 'My Amityville Horror' which is being released on March 15.

'I was possessed by a spirit I couldn't get rid of on my own. I just wanted somebody to believe me. It has been in my dreams my whole life.'

This is the first time Lutz has spoken of his experiences in the Long Island property as a child.

His family only lived in 112 Ocean Avenue for 28 days in 1975 but their story quickly became famous.

The year before they moved in, 23-year-old Ronald 'Butch' DeFeo had shot his parents and four siblings dead as they slept.

He was found guilty on six counts of second-degree murder, and is currently imprisoned at Green Haven Correctional Facility in Beekman.

The Lutzs - Kathy, her three children Daniel, Christopher and Missy and new husband George - soon reported strange goings on.

Kathy said she levitated, saw glowing red eyes and began having nightmares about the murder.

George would be woken by strange noises at 3.15am - the time of the murder - while Danny's youngest sister Missy acquired a strange imaginary friend.

The family said many of the things that happened there echoed the events of the murder and strange smells, cold drafts and moving objects completed their experiences.

by Anonymousreply 103/08/2013

A priest who visited the home said he heard a voice telling him to 'Get Out' - later made famous as a soundbite in the movie of their story.

The Lutzs tried to bless the house but they said they experienced things that were 'too frightening' to bear repeating that night.

They later said they believed DeFeo could have been possessed by the evil lurking in the property.

Their story was told in a best-selling book by Jay Anson in 1977. It was made into the famous film starring James Brolin and Margot kidder.

Many dismissed them as trying to profit commericialy from made-up experiences.

But Danny Lutz's account backs those previously given by his parents, who are now deceased.

It also explores his frictional relationship with his stepfather, who his mother later divorced.

On the 'paranormal activity' in the house, he says furniture would move around, voices would whisper to him and he experienced 'bodily possession'.

The film follows Lutz returning to the house, which is currently occupied by another family, but he doesn't go in.

It also shows him refusing to do a polygraph and his anger at experts who believe his experiences could be a case of false memory.

The documentary's maker Eric Walter said the film is much more about what it was like to be the Amityville Kid rather than retelling the Lutzs horror stories.

'He's been carrying around this weight for nearly 40 years,' he told the Wall Street Journal. 'It's not easy to talk about.'

'People being haunted by a haunting is not something I had seen before. The evidence we can present is this man's life, everything that has happened for the last 40 years—it comes down to a family story and it's quite tragic.'

Danny's siblings didn't want to appear in the film.

Christopher is writing a book on the subject and Missy has never spoken about their time in Amityville.

by Anonymousreply 203/08/2013

Is he the one who had the window slam shut on his fingers?

by Anonymousreply 303/08/2013

[quote] He goes back to the Long Island property in the footage but refuses to go in

I've no doubt the owners wouldn't let him in. The current owners of the house are great friends with the owners who had the house for years just before the current owners bought the home. None of them are the type to play along with a member of the Lutz family.

PS -- The house as a new address, has been completely renovated, added onto and looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 403/08/2013

PS - the real Amityville Horror house should not be confused with the house that was used for the exterior shots in the movie. The real one is in Amityville, the movie house is in Tom's River, NJ.

by Anonymousreply 503/08/2013

I thought this was declared a hoax a long time ago...

by Anonymousreply 603/08/2013

R4, have you ever been inside? Did anything feel off?

by Anonymousreply 703/08/2013

It is, R6. He obviously needs $$$.

by Anonymousreply 803/08/2013

Y'all better stop making fun of things you don't understand... Jodie the Pig's glowing eyes are going to be looking into your bedroom window tonight...

by Anonymousreply 903/08/2013

No, I haven't been inside. BTW, I've mentioned this before on Dayalounge -- I went to HS with Dawn DeFeo and ate lunch with her quite a lot during my senior year (she was a year behind me and was best friends with the sister of a good friend of mine). Dawn was a nice girl; very quiet, what would have called "a square" in those days. My friends and I were not what you would call square, so she and my friend's sister may have have been intimidated by us. But both girls just seemed like quiet, kind of mousey girls.

Here is a link to a story about the house from 2010. The wner said there was nothing weird about the house except for sightseers. There is a a gallery on the page called "Amityville Horror For Sale." go through the gallery to see a couple of photos of the inside of the house. It's light and airy.

by Anonymousreply 1003/08/2013

Still, ghosts or no, I wouldn't want to live in a house where a tragedy like that happened.

A couple portrayals indicated that the teen daughter was in an inappropriate relationship with Ronnie, or that the father abused her and she cooperated with Ronnie to escape the abuse but then he turned on her. Your thoughts? All movie BS?

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013

[quote]Is he the one who had the window slam shut on his fingers?[/quote]

No, that was ALF...

by Anonymousreply 1203/08/2013

No one is talking about Alf, mutherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 1303/09/2013

Is this going to be in theaters?

by Anonymousreply 1403/09/2013

Jody doesn't like George!

by Anonymousreply 1503/09/2013

I've walked past the house many times over the years, as I have family who live about a block away and have lived in Amityville for decades. I've never seen gawkers outside the house, but I suppose they may come on Halloween or when another shitty remake of Amityville Horror is set to come out.

by Anonymousreply 1603/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 1703/09/2013

His annoying Queens accent alone will keep me away from this fraudulent documentary.

by Anonymousreply 1803/14/2013

Nice house!!! Would be difficult to live in with knowing that an entire family were killed by one of their own. I would oddly feel quilty about being happy there...but then I would grab a drink and sit on that nice deck and forget all about it. I guess its no different then many old houses that had horrible things happen, just part of life and as George says in the movie "Houses don't have memories people do.." cue the ominous music.

Off topic but I always thought whats his face was smoking hot in the original..much better then steroid boy in the remake.

by Anonymousreply 1903/14/2013

That's a lovely house.

by Anonymousreply 2003/14/2013

I thought Kyle Richards owned that house now....

by Anonymousreply 2103/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 2203/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!