Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What makes you answer a thread?

What things about a thread make you want to answer it. How do you go about selecting the threads you want to answer.

by Anonymousreply 1803/09/2013

Lack of prime time

by Anonymousreply 103/08/2013

Charity. It's noble to educate the ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 203/08/2013

I consider the tag line about "pointless bitchery" to be instructive.

by Anonymousreply 303/08/2013

Mocking the poster, topic that interests me or a topic about which I was not previously aware.

by Anonymousreply 403/08/2013

a simply scintillating headline:

guys presenting their dicks

first gay wedding at the Plaza

guys presenting their dicks at the first gay wedding at the Plaza

by Anonymousreply 503/08/2013

[quote]Mocking the poster,

Nothing attracts people to a thread like an OP who they can attack, especially if the OP seems vulnerable. There's no way that thread will be ignored.

It's a jungle out there.

by Anonymousreply 603/08/2013

I'm always thinking of the children

by Anonymousreply 703/08/2013

I like to visit the cock presentation threads, especially when I'm knitting. I've made a basement full of these penis cozies, although the flaccid wiener pics seem to throw me off.

by Anonymousreply 803/08/2013

Seriuosly, OP, you need rules for this? Maybe try a less interactive activity.

by Anonymousreply 903/08/2013

[quote]What things about a thread make you want to answer it. How do you go about selecting the threads you want to answer.

Stupid question.

Things that interest me, duh!

Stuff like Kelly's in the hospital after a seizure. I was all over that one. Me & a hundred others.

by Anonymousreply 1003/08/2013

[quote]What makes you answer a thread?

Is it about me???

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013

Whatever interests me usually. I'm not as tough on spelling as some, but I HATE improper use of apostrophes. I am glad for the spelling and grammar trolls, if proper grammar is to be maintained somehow among the younger crowd that hangs out here, then someone has to do it--they sure as hell ain't learnin it in school and I daresay they aren't teaching it either, at least not the way they should be.

I wish there were more threads on spanking. I do enjoy the political and historical threads as usually there is spirited, informed discussion, at least there is until some flaming troll happens by.

by Anonymousreply 1203/08/2013

True crime, funny things and some nice calm ones too. I love the dead bodies on Everest thread because it's informative as hell and the people are all respectful. The quacking Nancy Grace/Travis ALexander thread is another interesting, funny and pretty respectful thread. The ones about old shows and "Let's pretend we are __" are usually funny as hell. I stay away from Glee and Gale Harold (who is that?) and AC or other threads, they seem boring.

by Anonymousreply 1303/08/2013

Knowing relevant facts, righteous indignation, 'favourite' lists, 'Let's pretend', LOL-ing, W&W-ing, book chat, Brit stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1403/09/2013

I love the threads about television stars of the past. Or television stars of the passed.

by Anonymousreply 1503/09/2013

[quote]I wish there were more threads on spanking. I do enjoy the political and historical threads as usually there is spirited, informed discussion

Yup, spanking and politics just about covers it for me, too.

by Anonymousreply 1603/09/2013

The better question would be, what makes you skip over a thread:

People who are obviously trolling.

The hundredth thread about some adolescent celebrity.

The hundredth, humorless thread about hating some celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 1703/09/2013

I like yanking the chain of the Paid Microsoft® Apparatchik Troll's chain.

He or she comes off as so pedantic and slobbery over Microsoft and its mediocre products that it's humorous.

** Get's mad when you critique a product you don't like.

** Can't understand why former MS users dislike the company.

** Thinks anyone who criticizes a Microsoft product is an "Apple Fan Boy."

** Says he merely wants to correct misperceptions about MS but transparently just wants to rah-rah their latest product.

That's someone I respond to .. just for sport.

by Anonymousreply 1803/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.