Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kristin Chenoweth's UK concert tour CANCELED!

Allegedly it was sold out.

What's the story?

by Anonymousreply 5203/09/2013

The world is officially ending. There's so much strange celebrity news happening. It's like a plague of locusts.

by Anonymousreply 103/08/2013

Do they even know who he is over there?

by Anonymousreply 303/08/2013

Wait...I thought she was all about the gays... you're telling me she's a Republican???

by Anonymousreply 403/08/2013

She must be taking her breakup with that gay pilot from The Bachelor rougher than anyone thought.

by Anonymousreply 603/08/2013

Drop it R5. She made ONE appearance on Robertson's show, and has apologized for that.

by Anonymousreply 703/08/2013

She grew up as a fundamentalist?? With love in her heart?

by Anonymousreply 803/08/2013

[quote] We wish to make it clear that the decision to cancel the tour is a result of Speckulation Entertainment’s unforeseen circumstances, and that Kristin is saddened not to be able to perform here as planned.

Makes it sound like it wasn't her doing.

by Anonymousreply 903/08/2013

But you can't dispute the rest R7

Trace Adkins has made his views very clear on Same-sex marriage. He opposes it.

Yet she went ahead and co-hosted a country music show on TV with him.

by Anonymousreply 1003/08/2013

In answer to your question, R3 - who is she?

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013

has to be low ticket sales

by Anonymousreply 1203/08/2013

R10, you ARE aware that performers do shows with people who have opposite viewpoints from their own all of the time, correct?

Just because Kristin has hosted a country music awards show opposite someone who doesn't share her beliefs means nothing.

Just like Ted Danson doing a show with Kelsey Grammer is just business.

by Anonymousreply 1303/08/2013

R13 tell that to Train and Carly Rae Jepson who just boycotted The Boy Scouts Event.

And btw when has Kelsey Grammer voiced his opposition to same-sex marriage.

That is the difference.

Trace Adkins OPPOSES same-sex marriage, to the point of campaigning and giving money to traditional marriage advocates.

Same with George W. Bush wanting to make it a constitutional amendment for traditional marriage.

Kristen knew all of this BEFORE HAND. But still performed at these events.

by Anonymousreply 1403/08/2013

Hate her all you want. You will never change my mind, asshole

by Anonymousreply 1503/08/2013

No problem R15

Glad you have come to terms that Kristin is a Bush lover!

by Anonymousreply 1603/08/2013

No I haven't. She supports whatever person holds the office of President out of respect for the office. As all Americans should.

by Anonymousreply 1703/08/2013

[quote] She supports whatever person holds the office of President out of respect for the office. As all Americans should.

I guess u are one of those people who approve of the hatred towards The Dixie Chicks.

by Anonymousreply 1903/08/2013

Relax r14. Learn to seperate work with personal beliefs. Unless its out of her mouth that she's anti-gay, you shouldn't label her so.

by Anonymousreply 2003/08/2013

R5 I will gladly dispute "the rest", as you so elegantly phrased it.

I know KC was scheduled to sing at a concert around the inauguration which she subsequently cancelled, but when did she sing at both Bush events as you so robotically and bitterly state?

by Anonymousreply 2103/08/2013

[quote] She supports whatever person holds the office of President out of respect for the office. As all Americans should.

So when Paul Newman refused to do PSA on drug abuse because he disagreed with Reagan's policies. Does that mean he has no respect?

What about Katharine Hepburn. She refused a Kennedy Center Honor until the Reagans were out of office, because she didn't agree with his polices. Does she have no respect either?

There are MANY instances where a celebrity declines to align themselves with a certain politicians because they disagree with their polices.

Obviously Kristin doesn't have that problem, because she seems to AGREE with GW Bush policies, which makes her a Buch lover!

by Anonymousreply 2203/08/2013

[quote] but when did she sing at both Bush events as you so robotically and bitterly state?

Link to the SECOND Bush Inaugural where Kristin shared the bill with The Gatlin Brothers and the Temptations.

by Anonymousreply 2303/08/2013

Kristin has also performed for Obama and is vocal about her support for gays and same-sex marriage.

Ignore the weird Kristin hater. He appears to have become unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 2403/08/2013

R23, that was the non-inaugural event to which I referred.

Please keep searching.

by Anonymousreply 2503/08/2013

Youtube video of her inauguration performance

by Anonymousreply 2603/08/2013

R25 see R26

by Anonymousreply 2703/08/2013

I saw Kristin in the park last month beating a group of deaf gay and lesbian teens with a stick.

by Anonymousreply 2803/08/2013

You said "TWO" inaugurations R5. Link please.

by Anonymousreply 2903/08/2013

[quote]What about Katharine Hepburn. She refused a Kennedy Center Honor until the Reagans were out of office, because she didn't agree with his polices. Does she have no respect either?

I thought it was because she hated Nancy "best blowjob in the biz" Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 3003/08/2013

R29

President Bush's inauguration is going Broadway - with the gorgeous voice of Tony-winner Kristen Chenoweth, plus the tap-tap-tapping of the Radio City Rockettes.

Chenoweth, who won a Tony as Glinda the Good Witch in "Wicked," is a special favorite of Bush and wife Laura. "They just love her singing," said inaugural-gala organizer Cynthia Grubb.

Chenoweth will sing a Diane Warren song from her new "Borrowed Angels" album "as a tribute to all of those at home and abroad who have so tragically lost their lives," said her agent, Jill Fritzo, who declined to say if the star is a Bush backer.

Chenoweth and the Rockettes - who were a hit when they

DANCED AT BUSH's 2001 GALA

- will star next Wednesday at inaugural-eve festivities.

There you go TWO Bush Inagural events.

Happy now?

by Anonymousreply 3103/08/2013

n

by Anonymousreply 3203/08/2013

Hate her speaking voice...Minnie Mouse on helium

by Anonymousreply 3303/08/2013

She was atrocious on that pre-Oscars special.

by Anonymousreply 3403/09/2013

I fear she is hooked on dolls.

by Anonymousreply 3503/09/2013

Wasn't she with that reality guy who screamed at his girlfriend to not interrupt him? He acted like he was gonna give her a backhand to the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 3603/09/2013

I don't give a shit who the bitch sang for. I don't give a shit what she does or doesn't believe. Stop putting politics into every damn thread.

by Anonymousreply 3703/09/2013

Why on earth would we listen to you r37?

by Anonymousreply 3803/09/2013

R31, Kristin did NOT win a Tony for "Wicked." Idina did. I think Krisin might have won for "Charley Brown"...

by Anonymousreply 3903/09/2013

[bold] Update: Kristin Chenoweth 2013 UK Tour Dates Cancelled in London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Cardiff After Tour Promoter Reneges [/bold]

Update: A source for Kristin Chenoweth tells us that "Due to lack of funding from Speckulation Entertainment they have cancelled Kristin's sold out tour" and added that "she is devastated for her fans and appreciates their continued support."

"We regret to announce that we are unable to present our planned UK tour with Tony and Emmy Award winning star Kristin Chenoweth and that the tour has therefore been cancelled," press representatives said in a statement. "We are deeply sorry to disappoint Kristin's many UK fans, who so readily bought tickets to see her in London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Cardiff."

by Anonymousreply 4003/09/2013

Who is the audience for her tour? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 4103/09/2013

Guys, the only way we can eventually win over bigots is through allies. For example, Blacks didn't support gay marriage until Obama did. Dolly Parton is a country music ally, so is Reba, they may not agree with us on every issue, but it takes time.

by Anonymousreply 4203/09/2013

[quote]Hate her speaking voice...Minnie Mouse on helium

When she joined "The West Wing" cast, she sounded like a cartoon character with poor diction. She stood out from the rest of the cast like a sore thumb.

by Anonymousreply 4303/09/2013

R42 Obama is half white and not all blacks support gay marriage. I'm and sick and tired of white lesbians speaking for us. We have come so far but it seems we have so far to go.

by Anonymousreply 4403/09/2013

Wasn't she pretty vocal in supporting Sean Hayes and gay men playing straight parts when someone criticized his performance? I don't rememnber the specifics, but she was on Stephanie Miller and she discussed being a christian and supporting gay rights. Interestingly enough I heard Reba being interviewed on Miller's show within the last couple of weeks. I just caught the end of the interview, so not sure what they discussed.

by Anonymousreply 4503/09/2013

Maybe she failed the drug test?

by Anonymousreply 4603/09/2013

That's possible R46. White women love the coke.

by Anonymousreply 4703/09/2013

Another Richard Jay Alexander production that has gone down in flames! He destroys careers

by Anonymousreply 4803/09/2013

Seems that the promoter didn't get work permits or plane tickets! How does her agent let her get into a relationship like that!

by Anonymousreply 4903/09/2013

Watch her get sued by the vendors of the tour

by Anonymousreply 5003/09/2013

She seems to be going on the defensive already- tweeting pictures of her and her suitcase! The lady has baggage!

by Anonymousreply 5103/09/2013

According to The New York Times, when Chenoweth "assured her theater fans that she supports gay rights her Christian base was outraged; she was disinvited from performing at a Women of Faith conference in September 2005." Chenoweth released an album in April 2005, As I Am, a mixture of hymns and contemporary Christian music, with adult contemporary arrangements. To promote the album, she made an appearance on The 700 Club which upset some of her gay fans. She later said she thought that the "Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells of the world are scary" and that she regretted appearing on the show.

In May 2010, Chenoweth wrote in response to an article in Newsweek by Ramin Setoodeh, an openly gay writer. Setoodeh thought that her Tony-nominated Promises, Promises co-star, Sean Hayes, "comes off as wooden and insincere" in playing the straight character Chuck, and that Jonathan Groff has a similar credibility problem in the TV show Glee. He questioned whether any openly gay actor could acceptably portray a straight character. Chenoweth called the article "horrendously homophobic" and criticized Setoodeh's view as rationalizing "the same kind of bullying" that gay youths face in high school. Chenoweth argued that audiences "come to the theater to go on a journey" and do not care about an actor's sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 5203/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.