Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fashion designer sentenced in stabbing death of boyfriend

No additional sentence was given for those red feather atrocities shown in the photo....

by Anonymousreply 3503/11/2013

Wow, that was crazy. The world was his oyster, and he had to cut a young man's life short.

50 times!

That was some anger.

by Anonymousreply 103/09/2013

...and what is this?

by Anonymousreply 203/09/2013

RE 2 How loving, and sweet. However, we should all be mindful that tweezing our eyebrows too much, can really set off one's anger. RIP

by Anonymousreply 303/09/2013

Who was the deceased's BF? The killer, or the man at R2?

Maybe that was part of the issue - a crime of passion, two men fighting over the third?

by Anonymousreply 403/09/2013

Only 39 years' sentence? For stabbing a person 50 times to death. I guess if they don't let him out until he is 89, fine. No parole. Jerk.

by Anonymousreply 503/09/2013

I really don't understand these sorts of sentences. Why 39 years as opposed to 28 as opposed to 52?

by Anonymousreply 603/09/2013

Wow, that memorial website is sad. Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 703/09/2013

So sad. I always say old/er men who go after significantly younger partners have control and anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 803/09/2013

Whole thing is sad for everyone involved. I mean, really. How can one be so out of control that an argument, regardless of size, leads one to stab another nearly 100 times? I just don't get it. If you know you're likely to burst ferociously over certain things, you should be on meds so you don't in a rage kill someone and land in prison for the rest of your short life (where they will repeatedly rape a small gay man and shank him first chance they get).

I get pretty angry, but no way in hell would I be so destructive. I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 903/09/2013

[quote]How can one be so out of control that an argument, regardless of size, leads one to stab another nearly 100 times?

by Anonymousreply 1003/09/2013

Tina wuz here.

by Anonymousreply 1103/09/2013

The prosecutor asked if his hand got tired after stab wound number 39

by Anonymousreply 1203/09/2013

Exactly R11. That was a drug-fueled tirade. Meth, most likely. The paranoia coupled to the sense of invincibility and manic, over-the-top strength is a recipe for violence. End of sad story. One dead, another's life dead-ended.

by Anonymousreply 1303/09/2013

Having to design clothes for Oprah would drive anyone to insanity.

by Anonymousreply 1403/09/2013

A case from Louisiana.

Man ran a summer camp for boys and molested some of them. When he would give the boys a ride home, he would say, "What happens at summer camp stays at summer camp." He went to trial and lost.

In Louisiana if your sentence is 20 years or less, you are eligible for parole. If it is 30 or more, you can apply to the governor for leniency. The judge gave him 29 years, 364 days.

At sentencing during the victim impact statements, one boy said, "Let what happens at Angola stay at Angola."

by Anonymousreply 1503/09/2013

From the brief description this sound like classic second degree. I wonder what made it first degree.

by Anonymousreply 1603/09/2013

From r2's website:

"John It Goes Without Saying How Sorry I Am That You Have Been Murdered."

They should make Hallmarks cards that say that!

by Anonymousreply 1703/09/2013

R17, you will find that right behind the one that says, "To the best corpse in the WHOLE WORLD..."

by Anonymousreply 1803/09/2013

"Beloved Nephew, Now That You've Been Murdered..."

by Anonymousreply 1903/09/2013

Perhaps his boyfriend went after him in a linebacker's stance. I am sure the man had his reasons.

by Anonymousreply 2003/09/2013

The dead guy had bad skin.

by Anonymousreply 2103/09/2013

RE 21 you're just awful. Even with that bad skin, and over shaped eyebrows, he did not deserve this.

by Anonymousreply 2203/09/2013

Every state is different.

by Anonymousreply 2303/09/2013

To be a bit clearer. If the defendant intended or knew that what he was doing would kill or do great bodily harm, or the strong probability of death or great bodily harm -- that's enough to convict.

The distinction in Illinois appears to be between intent and heat of passion. Perhaps there was no evidence of heat of passion.

According to one account, there was an argument and then the defendant picked up a knife -- that's enough to establish intent.

Once you go and find a weapon and return to the fray, that's not heat of passion. (Unless the jury says so, of course.)

Compare that to a fight without weapons that escalates until the defendant beats the other person's head against the floor.

Don't confuse Illinois with, say New York, where first degree is something else entirely.

by Anonymousreply 2403/09/2013

[quote] The world was his oyster

Maybe not. Did anyone catch the part about the public defender? He really must have hit the skids over the years.

by Anonymousreply 2503/09/2013

R11 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 2603/09/2013

"An award-winning fashion designer for Oprah Winfrey, Lena Horne and Will Smith"

I wonder what the gowns he designed for Will Smith looked like.

by Anonymousreply 2703/09/2013

You can't just throw someone off Project Runway and not recover those sharp designer shears, Heidi.

by Anonymousreply 2803/09/2013

I wonder what Mahogany has to say about all of this?

by Anonymousreply 2903/10/2013

[quote]Who was the deceased's BF? The killer, or the man at [R2]?

Maybe that was part of the issue - a crime of passion, two men fighting over the third? [/quote]

The man who wrote the comment on the memorial was not the killer.

Both he and the killer were named as the boyfriend. The killer in the paper, and the other guy said he was the bf on the memorial.

Perhaps, that was the root of the problem. Not saying, it was just, just saying it could have been the core of the issue.

by Anonymousreply 3003/11/2013

Not that it excuses the killer, at all, but this had to be drug and/or alcohol fueled, don't you think?

People suck.

by Anonymousreply 3103/11/2013

You'd be surprised r31. Jodi arias was sober when she brutally massacred her ex..jealousy does weird stuff to people.

by Anonymousreply 3203/11/2013

A private attorney is going to charge big bucks to defend a first degree murder charge, 50K-100K, or more, and expenses on top of that.

Essentially everyone who is in jail awaiting trial is indigent or quickly gets that way. Almost all defendants charged with the most serious felonies get public defenders. The O.J. Simpson case is the exception that proves the rule.

Cook County has a very good public defender's office, and you don't start out trying something like this. The very top attorneys with many years experience in just such cases are going to be competing to get the case.

In addition, the public defender's office is going to have more resources for experts and legal staff than almost any private practitioner.

Of course the quality might be different in some places, rural places in the south, places that don't have public defender offices, and of course anyplace where budget cutbacks have hit.

by Anonymousreply 3303/11/2013

A fashion designed based in Chicago? Working out of a utility closet at Jo-Ann Fabrics with bolts of burlap and 1970s Butterick patterns, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 3403/11/2013

Don't laugh R34 that pretty much sums up Jeremy Scott's career.

by Anonymousreply 3503/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!