Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you plan on adopting children?

I don't plan on ever. There's a saying in my family: no matter how well you treat an adopted child, no matter how much you love him/her, he/she will always seek his own flesh and blood.

In short, I don't plan on raising another person's child.

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2013

you sound dreadful

by Anonymousreply 103/08/2013

Does your family also beat red headed step children?

by Anonymousreply 203/08/2013

[quote] There's a saying in my family...

That your crassness and stupidity are hereditary makes them no less repellent.

by Anonymousreply 303/08/2013

That's bullshit. I'm adopted and I know how much my parents loved and wanted me. I chose not to have kids but to adopt from the foster child program. Mt kids have no doubt that they are loved and wanted.

If kids go looking for their bio parents it's not because they are trying to replace their adoptive parents. Most have the support of their families when they do this because the adopted parents understand that it isn't biology that makes someone a parent.

by Anonymousreply 403/08/2013

OP, it's a good think you won't adopt children. It's clear you'd be a miserable parent.

by Anonymousreply 503/08/2013

Thank God for OP. I wish everyone had attitudes like him so orphans could be without families. Hell, untouchable.

by Anonymousreply 603/08/2013

Your family sounds dumb.

by Anonymousreply 703/08/2013

Yes, I do plan on adopting. The search for a lineage is not an insult to adoptive parents, but an imagination for the story that could be true. I will post William Stafford's poem of the same name in my next post.

by Anonymousreply 803/08/2013

A Story That Could Be True

If you were exchanged in the cradle and your real mother died without ever telling the story then no one knows your name, and somewhere in the world your father is lost and needs you but you are far away.

He can never find how true you are, how ready. When the great wind comes and the robberies of the rain you stand on the corner shivering. The people who go by-- you wonder at their calm.

They miss the whisper that runs any day in your mind, "Who are you really, wanderer?"-- and the answer you have to give no matter how dark and cold the world around you is: "Maybe I'm a king."

by Anonymousreply 903/08/2013

No. Children would just get in the way of our erotic lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 1003/08/2013

I don't plan on adopting a child, largely because the process itself was so daunting that my partner and I conceived with the aid of a gestational carrier.

I posit, though, that anyone raised with OP's values would be a disaster, so it's for the best that neither his genes nor his personality reproduce.

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013

Thank God, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1203/08/2013

I will adopt as many children as I can afford. That is afford the nannies to watch and rear them for me.

by Anonymousreply 1303/08/2013

I thought about it, but after being a major participant in raising my brother and sister and now taking on my cousins teenage son. NO I am done.

by Anonymousreply 1403/08/2013

[quote]no matter how well you treat an adopted child, no matter how much you love him/her, he/she will always seek his own flesh and blood.

This hasn't been my experience of friends who are adopted.

The ones that do go in search of their birth parents usually come to the realization that their parents are the people who brought them up, whether they like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 1503/08/2013

Are you from hill country?

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.