Blood sports

Is it scary? Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 503/08/2013

"Is it scary?"

One is. The others are not.

by Anonymousreply 103/08/2013

Don't you mean fighting sports, OP?

by Anonymousreply 203/08/2013

Bloodsport or blood sport is a category of sports or entertainment that causes bloodshed. It is defined by Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary as "a sport or contest (as hunting or cockfighting) involving bloodshed"[1] which may be further exampled by human-baiting as a blood sport involving the baiting of humans or human-animal blood sport exampled by the ancient Roman venatio. Alternatively, the Cambridge Online Dictionary defines blood sport as "any sport that involves animals being killed or hurt to make the people watching or taking part feel excitement", [2] thus excluding sports that involve only humans.

Bloodsport includes coursing, combat sports such as cockfighting and dog fighting, or other activities of human-animal blood sport. These usually involve blood being drawn, and often result in the death of one or more animals.

by Anonymousreply 303/08/2013

I read on Queerty last night that Chuck Palahniuk, the FIGHT CLUB guy, is gay.

by Anonymousreply 403/08/2013

[quote]I read on Queerty last night that Chuck Palahniuk, the FIGHT CLUB guy, is gay.

You're about ten years behind on that news.

The "blood sports" I believe OP is talking about are something some SM devotees partake in, invoving cutting (or perhaps piercing) where blood is shed. I once had a partner who was kind of an old school leather guy, and a lot of the lesbians he knew "in the scene" were into blood sports. Men, not so much. I used to think it was sort of a butch variant on Michfest lesbians' menstrual fixations.

by Anonymousreply 503/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!