Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

James Franco Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

The 34-year-old actor was joined by his younger brother Dave Franco, their mom Betsy, and his This Is The End co-star Seth Rogen.

Photos:

by Anonymousreply 5307/13/2014

He's so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 103/08/2013

I was busy with my Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 203/08/2013

BuT AnnE, theY hatE yoU.

by Anonymousreply 303/08/2013

[quote]He's so annoying.

I agree. He'd show up at the opening of an envelope to get his picture taken or for a chance to be interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 403/08/2013

Gosh! Ditch him make is super hot stud brother become a star! How old is his brother?

BTW, for James Franco to revive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is a joke! He is only 34 years old and besides, what monumental line of films has he done up until now? What next? Melissa Rivers is going to get a star?

by Anonymousreply 503/08/2013

They are really hyping the crap out of this Oz flick.

It must suck baaaadly.

by Anonymousreply 603/08/2013

"Milk"... "127 Hours"... "Howl"... "Oz"..."Pineapple Express"... "The Company"... "James Dean"... more to come.

Decent guy, good actor, great movie star. I adore him. He does whatever he wants to, cynics be damned.

by Anonymousreply 703/08/2013

The Olsen Twins have a star on the Walk of Fame so I'm okay with an Oscar nominated actor receiving one.

I went to Keanu Reeves' Walk of Fame ceremony and he made a joke along the line that he was sure it was a coincidence that his film "Constantine" was opening that week. He has a good attitude about it. Maybe once it meant something but now it usually ties into a film's promotion. A studio pays 30k and then some non-deserving person has a star.

by Anonymousreply 803/08/2013

Getting a "Star" on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is a joke. As long as you've been famous for at least 5 years, practically anyone can get one since the celebs (or their management) are the ones who have to pay the $30,000 fee for the star and also have to pay for the maintenance upkeep. For example, Pee Wee Herman, Britney Spears, Paula Abdul, and The Go-Go's all have stars, which shows you it's not hard to get a star. Don't be surprised if the Kardashians get one soon.

by Anonymousreply 903/08/2013

It's so adorable the way some people think it actually means something to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. All it takes to get one is $30,000 and a pushy manager or a really expensive movie that's coming out soon.

by Anonymousreply 1003/08/2013

Yes, I used to think it actually was a great honor to get this star until I started noticing that the presentations seemed to always coincide with a movie opening. It's meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013

Did his brother not realize there would be photographers at the event?

by Anonymousreply 1203/08/2013

LOL! R10 posted practically the same thing I did at the same time!

by Anonymousreply 1303/08/2013

Come on r9, The Go-Go's at least do deserved their star. In the LA area, they were huge and their songs are still played. Hell, they even sold out the Hollywood Bowl last year.

The Go-Go's deserve the star, James Franco does not. He has not done anything that will be seen 30 years from now.

Others more deserving then Franco: Robert Redford, Jodie Foster, Robert De Niro, Clint Eastwood...etc. Who do not have stars.

Paid for or not, Fucking James Franco! Good god...

by Anonymousreply 1403/08/2013

The stars can be bought be anyone. I saw Bert Convey's star once. You donate to the cause and if you have appeared on TV or in a movie once or twice you get a star.

It is the footprints in the theatre forecourt that are the real honor.

by Anonymousreply 1503/08/2013

I can't take this guy seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1603/08/2013

Meanwhile, he's getting universally panned on his latest film.

by Anonymousreply 1703/08/2013

[quote]Meanwhile, he's getting universally panned on his latest film.

Is that the Oz film, R17?

by Anonymousreply 1803/08/2013

MADONNA still doesn't have a star. Think about that. Although I think it's because she refuses to pay $30, 0000, lol.

by Anonymousreply 1903/08/2013

[quote]MADONNA still doesn't have a star. Think about that. Although I think it's because she refuses to pay $30, 0000, lol.

She was offered a star years ago and refused because she said she didn't want people walking all over her name. A good point actually. And yes, she's a cheapskate, so I'm sure the thought of paying $30,000 turned her off too.

by Anonymousreply 2003/08/2013

M only got a star a few years ago. She just wasn't into the whole thing it is kind of uncool, probably why Madge turned it down. There used to be this goofy guy who was the mayor of Hollywood and he'd declare it Meryl Streep day. Meryl only got it because some film she was in wanted to do it for publicity the day before the film opened (like Franco did.) The studios pay the fee not the stars.

by Anonymousreply 2103/08/2013

[quote]Don't be surprised if the Kardashians get one soon.

She tried and was turned down. NO reality stars

by Anonymousreply 2203/08/2013

Dave needs a star, too.

by Anonymousreply 2303/08/2013

Even the foot prints don't mean anything anymore. The studio who produces Twilight paid to have the stars get their footprints to promote the movie last year.

Everything is for sale.

by Anonymousreply 2403/08/2013

lol @ Attitude

by Anonymousreply 2503/08/2013

He's in the big league now, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 2603/08/2013

Is his brother gay?

by Anonymousreply 2703/09/2013

[quote]It's so adorable the way some people think it actually means something to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. All it takes to get one is $30,000 and a pushy manager or a really expensive movie that's coming out soon.

The following are some of the household names who don't have stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, mainly because they don't/didn't want one:

Clint Eastwood

Warren Beatty

Whitney Houston

Robert DeNiro

Al Pacino

Dustin Hoffman

George Clooney

Julia Roberts

Steve Martin

Some of these names are as A+++ list as you can get so Franco having one doesn't mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 2803/09/2013

DeNiro has one. He got it a month or two ago during the Oscar push for Silver Linings Playbook.

by Anonymousreply 2903/09/2013

celebrities BUY these stars..stars are not given or awarded

by Anonymousreply 3003/10/2013

He's ugly and fucked up looking. Have no use for this assclown.

by Anonymousreply 3103/10/2013

Until this thread I was a little naive about getting a star on the Hollywood walk of fame. I thought of it more as a life time achievement award and not something that was presented on the opening day of a new movie.

by Anonymousreply 3203/10/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3303/10/2013

[quote]He's ugly and fucked up looking. Have no use for this assclown.

I agree. I don't know why some people think he's good looking. He always looks gross and like he smells, even when he's cleaned up. And that smug smile and squinty eyes is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 3403/10/2013

I live 10 minutes from where he grew up in Palo Alto, CA, which is a wealthy community,and the homes, and mansions are older and very beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 3503/11/2013

Beautiful boys. They need to massage my prostate. Simultaneously, please!

by Anonymousreply 3603/11/2013

My, how the mighty have fallen.

First, Jake Gyllenhall, now James Franco.

One day you want to suck them dry, the next you refuse to give them the time of day. You queens are a fickle lot.

And just to refresh your memories, they're both straight.

by Anonymousreply 3703/11/2013

Is the guy next to Dave, in r23's picture wearing any clothes???

by Anonymousreply 3803/11/2013

Some of you attackers are really sad, sad people. However, I finally have been able to connect you to people in my own life. A few friends and older "friends" got together this weekend and throughout dinner one of our friends just kept trashing everything including James Franco - appropriate to this thread. Finally a couple of us called him on this and just a little criticism and he started crying about his depression, his life, his meds and got up and left. So for some of you I suppose that's what it's like and it's easier to do so on an anonymous forum. Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 3903/11/2013

James Franco can do anything he wants, 'cause he's cute!

by Anonymousreply 4003/11/2013

R39= hanging out with his fellow loons at their recreation room at their mental asylum.

by Anonymousreply 4103/12/2013

The Franco boys come from good stock.

by Anonymousreply 4203/15/2013

Well, I have one so regardless what you queens think it is a tremendous honor!

by Anonymousreply 4303/15/2013

I can't believe he hasn't gotten veneers yet. Bad teeth!

by Anonymousreply 4403/15/2013

James Franco is in so many films he doesn't have time to travel.

by Anonymousreply 4507/11/2014

There are stars for some old-timers that were probably put there for free, just to get it started. The other day, I read about someone who has three stars.

by Anonymousreply 4607/13/2014

He actually looks clean in the photo at R25. Did they turn a fire hose on him to wash away the dirt?

by Anonymousreply 4707/13/2014

Speaking of soap actors, when is Deidre Hall's ceremony?

by Anonymousreply 4807/13/2014

He looks a little like Chris Messina in the R25 photo.

by Anonymousreply 4907/13/2014

Cuties

by Anonymousreply 5007/13/2014

Physical beauty fades, and with nothing inside they will quickly crumble to dust.

I'm sure they feel empty and meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 5107/13/2014

I love him. You are all douchebags.

by Anonymousreply 5207/13/2014

[quote]The Hollywood Walk of Fame recipients for the year 2015 are:

MOTION PICTURES: Raymond Chandler (posthumous), Eugenio Derbez, Will Ferrell, Jennifer Garner, Peter Jackson, Bob Kane (posthumous), Daniel Radcliffe, Paul Rudd, Snoopy, Melissa McCarthy and Christoph Waltz

TELEVISION: James L. Brooks, Ken Ehrlich, Bobby Flay, Seth MacFarlane, Julianna Margulies, Chris O’Donnell, Jim Parsons, Amy Poehler, Kelly Ripa and Sofia Vergara.

RECORDING: Lukasz ‘Dr. Luke’ Gottwald, Kool & The Gang, Pitbull, Al Schmitt and Pharrell Williams.

RADIO: Larry Elder.

LIVE THEATRE/LIVE PERFORMANCE: Kristin Chenoweth, Dick Gregory and Ennio Morricone.

The Hollywood Chamber and the Walk of Fame Selection Committee congratulate all the new honorees. Dates have not been scheduled for these stars. Recipients have five years to schedule star ceremonies from date of selection before they expire. Upcoming star ceremonies are usually

by Anonymousreply 5307/13/2014
Need more help? Click Here.