Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

10 Reasons Why Rand Paul Is A Terrible Person – Despite His Old-School Filibuster Antics

What's not to love about an anti-war, anti-drug war rebel who stands up to Washington? As it turns out, plenty.

by Anonymousreply 4503/09/2013

NO one told me to love him, he seemed like a jerk the day of his first media blitz

by Anonymousreply 103/07/2013

You lost, R2. LOST!!

by Anonymousreply 303/07/2013

I've got news for you R5. I am progressive through and through and disagree with him on just about everything. In fact he is essentially a loony fruitcake not unlike Michele Bachman- so crazy that I wonder how he got elected- but then I am aware of how out there some part of our country are, particularly in red states.

by Anonymousreply 603/07/2013

Disagree with him on 99% of issues. Yesterday, he was a hero. And the drone loving Establiahment politicos are despicable (Repubs and Dems). When McCain and Miss Graham attack you, you gotta be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 803/07/2013

Why do I find him sexy?

by Anonymousreply 903/07/2013

Yeah, like all Libertarian types he gets it right every once in awhile but he doubled down on the weird racism stuff, abortion and minimum wage. He's a Koch sucker like the rest of them. Oh, and he thinks Gitmo is just dandy and "filled with thugs." So tell me again how I'm supposed to find this wiglet wearing weasel a "hero".

by Anonymousreply 1003/07/2013

Does he wear a rug?

by Anonymousreply 1203/07/2013

Why do you guys always accuse anyone who likes Obama of worshiping him like a God? I think it's projection on your part. See link. Yes, I'm irate but I also passed 8th grade Civics class so I know how the government works. Like Rand Paul's filibuster was just a big attention hodown.

Why not just vote on the nominee, and then introduce legislation against drone strikes?

by Anonymousreply 1403/07/2013

Rand is an attention whore just like his Dad.

He was incredibly wrong on this issue - just read the today's WSJ's Editorial column to understand why.

by Anonymousreply 1503/07/2013

The fucking Wall Street Journal? Are you serious?

How about some Frank Rich instead.

by Anonymousreply 1603/07/2013

No US Citizen was ever killed by a drone on US soil. Attorney General Eric Holder has said: “..the US government has not carried out drone strikes in the United States and has no intention of doing so. As a policy matter moreover, we reject the use of military force where well-established law enforcement authorities in this country provide the best means for incapacitating a terrorist threat...”

Yes , there is merit to the topic of drone usage. It is worth open discussion. Let's not forget that drones are the bastard children of the Patriot Act - brought to you by the Bush Administration and the GOP warmongers in the post 9/11 hysteria. We as a society are almost all guilty of silently approving this.

by Anonymousreply 1703/08/2013

thank you, R16

by Anonymousreply 1803/08/2013

This bullshit move by an egomaniacal demagogue received much more attention than warranted. The drone issue and its "murkiness" have been addressed - perhaps not completely and assuringly enough - but the hate-based, obfuscating, Know-Nothing cravenness at the heart of Paul's politics should not be mistaken, ever, for anything else.

by Anonymousreply 1903/08/2013

So if you could have launched a drone strike on domestic terrorist Timothy McVeigh and his truck of explosives pre Oklahoma wouldn't have done it? I am a card carrying Csnadian left winger, but there are some evil MF'ers out there. One of them happens to be Rand Paul who is a KKK, homophobic, misogynistic douche.

by Anonymousreply 2003/08/2013

I like his stance!

by Anonymousreply 2103/08/2013

amen, r20. amen.

by Anonymousreply 2303/08/2013

We're gung ho for domestic drones......

that is until another republican gets into the white house. Then will turn on a dime.

by Anonymousreply 2403/08/2013

LOL r22

by Anonymousreply 2503/08/2013

I second R19

by Anonymousreply 2603/08/2013

R21, is it wide?

by Anonymousreply 2703/08/2013

Gotta keep a few steps ahead of the Bushmaster clowns and their giant mags. The drones are here to stay.

by Anonymousreply 2803/08/2013

#11) His wig frightens me

by Anonymousreply 2903/08/2013

He is wrong on almost every other major issue.

by Anonymousreply 3003/08/2013

A lot of liberals are praising Rand Paul for speaking out about drones, and while we agree with him that there needs to be more oversight to our drone program let's not forget that this man has an absolutely terrible record.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you wouldn't use it to tell time...

by Anonymousreply 3103/09/2013

Exactly. Rand Paul has said a lot of things. Mostly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3203/09/2013

[bold]It Turns Out Rand Paul’s Filibuster Was a Pre-Planned Scam for Cash [/bold]

It turns out Rand Paul’s filibuster was big scam. Sen. Paul has wasted little time implementing the second part of his planned filibuster. He is now trying to cash in with a fundraising letter.

The true story behind Rand Paul’s filibuster is starting to come out. According to the National Journal, Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans knew the filibuster was coming, “But the day wasn’t entirely unplanned. Paul, often accused of being a lone wolf on Capitol Hill, had laid some of the groundwork to win over the GOP establishment. McConnell and Co. knew the filibuster was coming, even if they did not know when precisely or what exactly it would look like.”

This fact contradicts the myth that Paul floated that he decided to come to the Senate floor and start speaking. Sen. Paul has been suggesting that everybody just showed up, “We probably had 15 congressmen come over to the Senate floor,” he said this morning in a radio interview with Glenn Beck. Paul pointed out that House members are allowed to come to the Senate floor but are barred from speaking or coming forward, so they were presumably there just to lend support with their presence. “I’ve never seen that happen before. And they came spontaneously. Nobody called them. They just showed up.”

Sen. Paul’s claims of spontaneity are dubious at best. Now we have come to learn that Paul is trying to cash in on his planned stunt.

(more at the link)

by Anonymousreply 3303/09/2013

[quote]Why do I find him sexy?

Are you kidding? He looks like a woman...with a bad perm & highlights! Imagine him in bright red lipstick & eyeliner...

by Anonymousreply 3403/09/2013

No, R35, R19 is just telling it like it is.

If you disagree, perhaps YOU are the sock-puppet.

It's a valid issue, this drone thing. However, what Rand Paul was saying and doing, isn't. He's a tin-hat conspiracy theorist, an ill-informed idiot, delusional, and has an agenda of both fear-mongering, and fundraising from said fear-mongering. He doesn't give one fucking damn about anybody's civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 3603/09/2013

Motives matter, R37.

Would you praise Hitler because he gave a kid a cookie?

by Anonymousreply 3803/09/2013

[quote]What is wrong with praising his actions in this case?

Because his actions are grossly hypocritical, were based on lies & fear-mongering, and were utterly self-serving.

His stand wasn't principled at all.

Do you honestly think he would have done this if Romney were President? Don't be naïve.

There are plenty of liberals and progressives with REAL stands on this issue that you can back, without falling for or giving any credit to this utter charlatan.

by Anonymousreply 3903/09/2013

R37 is being duped...

by Anonymousreply 4003/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 4203/09/2013

R41, you're a fucking idiot. Do you have any idea how many logical fallacies you just committed in one sentence? You're so stupid I bet you don't even understand why you're so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4303/09/2013

He was terrible to be so nasty to Hillary when she was being questioned. I [italic]loathe[/italic] him.

by Anonymousreply 4403/09/2013

Rand Paul is a disrespectful person, R44. That incident alone marked a distinct disconnect with reality.

by Anonymousreply 4503/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!