Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The poorly dressed fraus of America can rest easier now

TLC's 'What Not to Wear' to end after upcoming 10th season

By Yvonne Villarreal

March 6, 2013, 10:40 a.m.

TLC announced Wednesday that the upcoming 10th season of "What Not to Wear" will be its last, though one can only hope that the battle against tapered jeans will live on.

The makeover series, hosted by fashion experts Stacy London and Clinton Kelly, was the network's longest-running prime time series, having clocked in more than 325 makeovers in its run. But the network felt it was time to do a cleaning of its closet.

"After 10 incredible seasons, we felt that it was the right time to end the series," said Amy Winter, executive vice president and general manager of TLC, in a statement.

Each episode featured the ambush of a wardrobe-challenged person (e.g. the lady who wears pajama bottoms to the grocery store; the mom who wears lingerie-inspired outfits at PTA meetings; or "Blossom" star Mayim Bialik) and their eventual education on style from London and Kelly that concluded with a shopping spree. Rounding out the glam squad is makeup guru Carmindy Gowyer and hairstylist Ted Gibson.

The British import was one of the few shows on the network that didn't include wedding dresses or people's quirky obsessions. It will air its final collection this summer, beginning in July, where it will return to Friday nights.

by Anonymousreply 1703/08/2013

I'll miss Ted the most.

by Anonymousreply 103/07/2013

'What Not to Wear' has become far too highbrow for TLC.

'What Not to Wear' is like Masterpiece Theatre compared to the other shows on that network.

by Anonymousreply 203/07/2013

As someone once said, "Do you remember when The Learning Channel really was The Learning Channel?"

by Anonymousreply 303/07/2013

Always thought Clinton was cute. Now he looks old. My sister is going to be so happy, she hates this show.

by Anonymousreply 403/07/2013

true, R2

by Anonymousreply 503/07/2013

TLC needs to make way for more gypsy and hoarder shows!!!!!!!!!

Saw Clinton on the street about a year ago. Tall, cute and very well put together.

I like Stacey. She's someone I SHOULD hate because she can be a little cunty now and then but she gives good side eye and she's funny.

Yes, I'll miss them.

by Anonymousreply 603/07/2013

Am I remembering an episode with Stacy explaining how her skin fell off as a child?

by Anonymousreply 703/07/2013

Just a little bit of blush, on the apples of your cheeks. Just a little bit of blush, on the apples of your cheeks. Just a little bit of blush, on the apples of your cheeks. Just a little bit of blush, on the apples of your cheeks. Just a little bit of blush, on the apples of your cheeks. Just a little bit of blush, on the apples of your cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 803/07/2013

Oh wow, didn't realize it's been on that long.

by Anonymousreply 903/07/2013

Clinton's now got the success of "The Chew."

by Anonymousreply 1003/08/2013

What a pity, I have a friend who I've wanted to nominate for a long time.

I've done what I can with her.

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013

I always thought they were mean. And not funny mean. They also used to do men's makeovers the first two seasons, but unfortunately they stopped.

by Anonymousreply 1203/08/2013

But who's going to tell us that an empire waisted dress will hide our fat bodies?

by Anonymousreply 1303/08/2013

You have beautiful eyes. Let's bring them out.

by Anonymousreply 1403/08/2013

[quote]They also used to do men's makeovers the first two seasons, but unfortunately they stopped.

Someone asked Clinton about that on The Chew and he said "Frankly, the ratings tanked whenever we did a male makeover so we stopped."

by Anonymousreply 1503/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 1603/08/2013

[quote]I always thought they were mean. And not funny mean.

I agree. The British version was much better, because they were stern and truthful, but not cunts.

by Anonymousreply 1703/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.