Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I think gays and straight women can co-exist in peace and harmony

I've been posting on here for quite a while and I think I share a lot of things in common with gay people. Imo, gay people and straight women can co-exist in peace and harmony. I find y'all very interesting and plus I like the stuff you guys like as well.

We have so much in common that I really wish I had a gay friend in real life.

Thoughts and opinions?

by Anonymousreply 3609/13/2013

OP is captain obvious, trolling for a flame-war.

by Anonymousreply 103/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 203/07/2013

OP, let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with you.

by Anonymousreply 303/07/2013

OP if you're being serious, yeah, why not.

by Anonymousreply 503/08/2013

If they are intelligent, yes, definitely. Otrherwise, and I mean if they are brainless, annoying fraus and teens, no.

by Anonymousreply 603/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 803/08/2013

Oh shut up, ya dumb ass fucking bitch. Eat my dirty homo ass. Ahora!

by Anonymousreply 903/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013

OP, is this is a serious post? That's nice of you; I agree. I'm 50++ and a proud hag since I was 18, read "The Boys in the Band" (published before I was 18!) and was - "hooked", if that makes any sense. My best friend of 37 years is a gay man, as is my second best friend (of 23 years.) I met the first one in a play we were in; the 2nd, at a day job.

I think straight women and gay men have a LOT in common. Ask any actress in NY or HOllywood; women in fashion, etc., etc.

I ENVY Ina Garten ("Barefoot Contessa"), older than I am a bit, her really great (from what I see on the shows) gay male friends. Waaaaa - I'm jealous!

Just be sure you never fall for the same bi-sexual (real or fake) guy, hee-hee! AND if your gay male friends suspect a man you're interested in might be gay:

LISTEN TO THEM; 90% of the time, they'll be right.

by Anonymousreply 1203/08/2013

A certain kind of gay man and a certain kind of straight woman are fascinating to watch together. Bizarre interplay of flattery, undercutting, insecurity, and boastfulness. Sentimental, clinging affection suddenly shifts to angry accusations. Usually ends in recrimination and bitterness on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 1403/08/2013

#14, I've seen that with mommy and daddy.

by Anonymousreply 1503/09/2013

R12, no healthy, well-adjusted straight woman is fascinated with gay male culture. You are clearly to be avoided at all cost.

by Anonymousreply 1603/09/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1703/09/2013

R7, Why so angry? Not all straight girls want to change or bash lesbians and gay men anymore than all Whites dis all Blacks. You appear to have limited intellectual capacity, when you make such ridiculous generalizations. Besides ladies who are child-free, or involved in the arts and entertainment, or are in some ways living outside of society's norms, also have a different viewpoint on like than the "average frau."

by Anonymousreply 1803/09/2013

R14, R16, R17, Not all straight girls who like to hang around gay men fit your silly stereotypes and preconceived notions. Have you ever thought that some "non-fag hags" actually like the idea of having male friends, that just happen to have similar interests, and are not hitting on them? Perhaps you've never had platonic female buds, who have straight boyfriends, neither of which are interested in you sexually or for more than true companionship.

by Anonymousreply 1903/09/2013

The problem is that many times these female buds have a crush on gay people and don't understand how annoying they are.

by Anonymousreply 2003/09/2013

R20, If the female buds have a sexual interest in their gay platonic friends, then the man should quickly put up "boundaries" or end the association. Of course I've only had issues with men inappropriately suggesting 3-ways, so I can't really relate to your situation.

by Anonymousreply 2103/09/2013

fag. hag.

by Anonymousreply 2203/10/2013

R22, What's with all the hatred?

by Anonymousreply 2303/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 2403/10/2013

R24, Those that call others names are mentally only 3-years-old and need serious psychiatric help. I pity you.

by Anonymousreply 2503/11/2013

R24 is right. R25 the only one to be pitied is you. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 2603/11/2013

R26, R25, I must "get a life" because I have friends that are gay as well as straight, and don't discriminate? I was taken out to dinner 4 times last week. I have a very active social life, thank you very much, and for sticking your nose into others' business.

by Anonymousreply 2703/11/2013

Why are you on a gossip site if you don't like sticking your nose into other's business?

by Anonymousreply 2803/11/2013

Girls, girls! You're both assholes!

by Anonymousreply 2903/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 3003/11/2013

R28, I'm on this site because except for a few meanies, most of the posters are extremely kind, positive, and supportive. Best of all they enjoy sharing info about a variety of topics, and I like to be as informed and aware as possible. It's a lot less dry and depressing then listening to real hags bitch on the talk shows, as DL is actually very funny at times. It doesn't matter to me what race, sex, age or orientation posters actually are, or how attractive they may or may not be, as long as most of the threads are of interest. However I have referred DL to gay males that I've met.

R30, Speaking of being uninformed, what is a "flamer" and why are you using that term?

by Anonymousreply 3103/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 3203/11/2013

Some can, some can't. I had one wife of a friend tell him that if he were gay she wished he would go with me. But others cannot. They become jealous and paranoid that you are out for their man.

by Anonymousreply 3303/11/2013

R33, I agree. Not all women are the same.

R31, Do you own this site? Who made you the master of all human beings and what they do and say. If you don't like my posts or those of anyone else's, prove that you have half a brain and don't read them.

by Anonymousreply 3403/11/2013

I've been best friends with a straight woman for like nearly 25 years.We met as freshmen in high school and have pretty much been inseparable ever since.She was one of the first people whom I ever confided in about my sexuality which she kept a secret until I plucked up the courage one day some 7 years later and about to head off to grad school out-of-state.Unfortunately we have both had what seems like incessant and unbearable bouts of bad dates & relationships.If there's one thing that I've learned during all these years is that all the men can come and go but at the end of the day we are here for each other no matter what.I've also played matchmaker and can tell you that most straight men are the daftest of idiots for they prefer to settle for trash and let the good ones get away in the process.

We made a pact long ago that if she didn't meet her Prince Charming by age 37 that we will have children together.As I type this,we now have a beautiful son who turned 5 in May and currently expecting a daughter in 2 weeks time.When I look back and in spite of still dreaming of a man who can give me everything I've always yearned for in a life partner (not actively seeking as I've been put off from trying after a long string of douche bags),I don't regret any of this for a single second and couldn't have asked for a better person to be the mother of my children.

I do believe in soul mates but I also don't think it is something that is reserved for lovers and significant others only.They can sometimes even be a friend or a family member.

She is my soul mate,period.

by Anonymousreply 3509/13/2013

I did the thing where I was "best friends" with women ...mostly through my early and mid 20s. All they want to do is sit around and talk...and talk...and talk...and talk...mostly about themselves. I like to do things, build things, experience things. I got tired of sitting around and being a soundboard for women. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I was friends with women in many parts of the country and it was invariably the same thing over and over. It was exhausting.

Plus, you get treated like a pseudo-boyfriend, where you are expected to be "on call" at all times and will be "punished" if you "hurt their feelings" by "not being there for them." Again, I'm sure there are many exceptions. Just my experience with "female friends."

by Anonymousreply 3609/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!