Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

4-year-old son of Michigan sheriff's deputy accidentally shoots and kills himself

The four-year-old boy of a sheriff’s deputy in northern Michigan accidentally shot and killed himself with a handgun at the family’s home over the weekend, state police said Monday.

Authorities believe Michael Easter was playing with the firearm when he shot himself one time on Saturday in Liberty Township, said First Lt. Michael Krumm of the state police. Police have sent evidence to a forensic lab for analysis but don’t think there was any criminal intent at play.

“At this point there is nothing that’s leading us to believe that this is anything more than a tragic accident,” Krumm said.

The handgun was believed to be registered to the boy’s father, Mark Easter, Krumm said, adding that he had yet to receive confirmation. But it was not Easter’s service weapon, he said.

Easter was on his way to work when his wife called and told him what happened, Jackson County Sheriff Steve Rand told mlive.com. The boy was pronounced dead at a local medical center.

“This just serves as a reminder that we need to be vigilant when it comes to keeping our children safe,” Rand said.

Cammy Rose, the cousin of Easter’s wife, told NBC affiliate wilx.com:

“Mark's a good guy. I know this wasn't intentional."

"My heart is broken for my cousin," she said. "He was definitely taken from this world too early."

A week ago, a 4-year-old Houston boy fatally shot himself with his father's stolen handgun while his dad slept.

by Anonymousreply 2103/08/2013

But the conservatives tell me that all licensed handgun owners, especially the kind with badges, are responsible gun owners.....!

by Anonymousreply 103/07/2013

Well, if the father had a gun none of this would have... Oh.

by Anonymousreply 203/07/2013

Won't somebody please think of arming the children?!

by Anonymousreply 303/07/2013

It's a good start to thinning out the herd.

by Anonymousreply 403/07/2013

I don't understand how this happens.

Why keep an obviously loaded gun within reach of a child?

Where was the mom, and why wasn't she watching him?

Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 503/07/2013

[quote]Why keep an obviously loaded gun within reach of a child?

It's called The U.S. Gun Culture.

by Anonymousreply 603/07/2013

idiots. all of them

by Anonymousreply 703/07/2013

Darwin. But still sad. Wow, that home gun really protected the family from an intruder, didn't it?

by Anonymousreply 803/07/2013

Thass jus turble.

by Anonymousreply 903/08/2013

I guess his father wasn't a GOOD gun owner.

by Anonymousreply 1003/08/2013

Not a tragic accident if a gun was left loaded where a four year old could grab it. It's criminal negligence.

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013

The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a toddle with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 1203/08/2013

[quote]Where was the mom, and why wasn't she watching him?

Why blame the mother? It was the fathers' gun = fathers' responsibility. The accident happened when the father was on his way to work; perhaps he'd gotten the gun out to take to work but then forgot it on the nightstand or something.

by Anonymousreply 1303/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 1403/08/2013

So sad. The father should be charged with manslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 1503/08/2013

So sad.

by Anonymousreply 1603/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 1703/08/2013

Why do these senseless accidents continue? This gun culture, as manifested by the wing-nuts, video games, and NRA is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 1803/08/2013

So wait - was he a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun?

by Anonymousreply 1903/08/2013

He lived in Michigan so this worked out very well for him.

by Anonymousreply 2003/08/2013

Exactly, R13. What kind of stupid dad leaves a loaded gun anywhere that's not locked? One of my FB friends is a fucking NRA troll and she's constantly posting pictures of her 4 year old shooting guns. You know, responsibly? How in the fuck can trust a 4 year old not to shoot themselves even when you're standing right fucking there? I hope he shoots his parents' feet off.

by Anonymousreply 2103/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.