Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING NEWS: Joy Behar leaving The View

After 16 and a half years on The View, Joy Behar is departing ABC’s long-running daytime talk show. I hear Behar’s contract is up in August and she has informed the network that she will not renew it as she is looking to move on to other things, including hosting a new interview show. Behar is the last original cast member of The View besides co-creator/executive producer Barbara Walters who is still on the panel. The two started off alternating as the fourth co-host before Behar was named a full-time co-host.

In a phone interview, Behar said she felt 16.5 years on The View were enough. “It seemed like the right time,” she said. “You reach a point when you say to yourself, ‘Do I want to keep doing this?’ There are other things on my plate I want to do — I’ve been writing a play, I’ve been neglecting my standup.” And following stints hosting her own shows on HLN and now Current TV, which will end with the network’s takeover by Al Jazeera, Behar is ready to do it again. “I do like talk shows, I’m interested in talking to people,” she said. “I want to do an intelligent talk show where you have room to breath.” Will that show be on CNN following reports of Behar meeting with new CNN topper Jeff Zucker? Behar would not elaborate beyond saying that she indeed had “a positive meeting” with Zucker and that “CNN would be great place” for her next show.

But before she opens the next chapter of her career, Behar will focus on closing the current one, spending a few more months with Walters and her other co-hosts on The View. “I have a lot of friends there, and I will miss everyone I’ve worked with because we have a family there,” Behar said. She singled out Walters, thanking the veteran journalist for putting her on the show. “It is a smart talk show because somebody of her stature is leading the conversation; Barbara was one of the main reasons I took that job,” Behar said.

Behar’s departure may foreshadow a reboot on The View. There had been rumors about a possible exit by Walters, with Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s future beyond this season also unclear.

by Anonymousreply 18312/20/2013

Wow, giving up a nice paycheck there.

by Anonymousreply 103/07/2013

She put up with those cunts for longer than I would have.

by Anonymousreply 203/07/2013

It should have been Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 303/07/2013

And here is Joy's rep saying, "There is no way Joy is leaving The View"

by Anonymousreply 403/07/2013

The article says Hassleback may be gone too. That's long overdue. But if she goes also that means that Whoopi is the only holdover besides Barbara. And Whoopi is fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 503/07/2013

If there were a God, Rosie would come back so little the Republican's head would explode since everything Rosie said was true.

by Anonymousreply 603/07/2013

So what? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 703/07/2013

Don't entertainers ever just retire? I think it's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 803/07/2013

Even though I rarely even watch this show, Joy was the only one I could stand since she was the pro-gay one and always stuck up for gay rights. With her leaving, I will definitely not watch the show. That stupid ass Sherri or Whoopi need to go instead.

by Anonymousreply 903/07/2013

I haven't watched it since Rosie left. Rosie may be unstable, but she is charismatic and compelling.

by Anonymousreply 1103/07/2013

I haven't watched it since Rosie left. I can not subject myself to Elisabeth...is that her name?

by Anonymousreply 1203/07/2013

GET ROSIE BACK!!!

by Anonymousreply 1403/07/2013

Kathy Griffin should replace her.

by Anonymousreply 1503/07/2013

She is the last pro-gay panelist there. Whoopie, Sherri. Elisabeth, and Babs are not.

by Anonymousreply 1603/07/2013

Since when is Whoopi anti-gay?

by Anonymousreply 1703/07/2013

[quote]“I want to do an intelligent talk show where you have room to breath.”

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1803/07/2013

[quote]She is the last pro-gay panelist there. Whoopie, Sherri. Elisabeth, and Babs are not.

Elisabeth may be a Republican, but she said she supports gay marriage.

Whoopi - she claims to be pro-gay, yet she'll defend homophobes, so I'm not so sure I trust her.

Sherri and Barbara are the ones who are not pro-gay. They both have a look of disgust on their faces when gay issues are brought up and Sherri has said she's against gay marriage. So fat ass Sherri should go before anyone else (I would say Barbara should go, but we all know she's not ever going to retire).

by Anonymousreply 1903/07/2013

Get Kathie Lee Gifford in there. She'll make Hassleback look like a pot smoking Marxist lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 2003/07/2013

Joy Behar leavi- wwha-Ugh-AAGHH!

by Anonymousreply 2103/07/2013

r19 must be very new to the world.

by Anonymousreply 2203/07/2013

Her daughter should step in with Barbara...she needs to retire.

by Anonymousreply 2303/07/2013

I wonder what the ratings are like now?

by Anonymousreply 2403/07/2013

Can you IMAGINE the amount of maneuvers and ass-kissing from hundreds of self-important aging media women going on?

by Anonymousreply 2503/07/2013

[quote]Elisabeth may be a Republican, but she said she supports gay marriage.

She may say that, but she supports all anti-gay politicians. SO , I do not believe her.

by Anonymousreply 2603/07/2013

r16, Whoopi is pro-gay marrige.

by Anonymousreply 2703/07/2013

Now would be a great time to bring Starr back.

by Anonymousreply 2803/07/2013

Ratings have been droppings while The Talk has been growing.

by Anonymousreply 2903/07/2013

The Talk and The View are on different times in most places r29. No direct competition.

by Anonymousreply 3003/07/2013

CNN should start their own version of The View with Joy, Rosie, Lisa Ling and Jennifer Granholm. Make it more focused on news and politics. I wouldn't watch a show with just Joy by herself.

by Anonymousreply 3103/07/2013

I would love to see that r31

by Anonymousreply 3203/07/2013

Oh shit, the view has been on for that long?! Now I'm depressed. I remember watching the summer it premiered when I was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 3303/07/2013

There was only one celebrity pushing her friend who had AIDS in his wheelchair at the beginning of the March on Washington in 1987 and who later led the rally in a chant of "FUCK YOU" to the Reagan White House, and that was Whoopi Goldberg.

by Anonymousreply 3403/07/2013

R30, R29 didn't say there was. They just said one was up and one was down wich is true.

by Anonymousreply 3503/07/2013

how about Hoda, she wants to stay in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 3603/07/2013

I loved The View when it began. The cast was mostly great and it was often very funny

I even liked Debbie Matenopoulous.

re B. Walters and her stance on gay, there's no way on earth she doesn't have some very close gay friends, but she always sits on the fence whenever the subject comes up. She doesn't want to loose her frau flyover fanbase.

I think they should cancel the show now. It's enough already.

by Anonymousreply 3703/07/2013

She was the most likeable of a bad bunch. They'll have to get a staunch liberal as a replacement, and even then it'll still suck.

by Anonymousreply 3803/07/2013

Joy's been on Medicare for several years now. I'm sure she feels secure leaving The Piew.

by Anonymousreply 3903/07/2013

Also, talking of their gay friends.

I remember in the early days they did a segment on whether gay men made better friends to women than other women.

Star said no, not at all.

Meredith said yes and that her best friend was a gay man she'd been friends with since she was a teenager etc...the only thing was that the grandmother of her gay friend was an avid watcher of the show and had no idea her grandson was gay.

Meredith reported this back the following week and they all had a good laugh about it on air.

by Anonymousreply 4003/07/2013

Hoda's not pro-gay r36, any celeb who says something homophobic is defended by her and Kathie. And she's also not noticeably liberal, or noticeably anything, she's a bland as yesterday's mashed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 4103/07/2013

Yeah Joy Behar IS The View. Im sure they will find an ok replacement, they are great at testing pretty much every female in media that is available. But the show is going to be way different.

by Anonymousreply 4203/07/2013

Jay Leno is interested in the job.

by Anonymousreply 4403/07/2013

Didn't Whoopi go on a big pro Chick-Fil-A rant about how they're being victimized because of their opinions?

by Anonymousreply 4503/07/2013

[quote]The article says Hassleback may be gone too. That's long overdue. But if she goes also that means that Whoopi is the only holdover besides Barbara.

Holdover from what???? Babs and Joy are the only remaining original members.

by Anonymousreply 4703/07/2013

Glen Close would be a wonderful addition to the show!

by Anonymousreply 4803/07/2013

I wouldn't want that gig. The show is over, The Talk is beating it in the ratings, and pretty soon Babs will be dead. I'd be surprised if it was around in five years.

by Anonymousreply 4903/07/2013

Love Joy. She's the bright light of The View.

by Anonymousreply 5003/07/2013

With Joy leaving, they need to fire everyone else and start over. Five new women.

by Anonymousreply 5103/07/2013

No, the plan is 4 women and one gay man - Barbara will be gone one way or another so Anderson is going for it.

by Anonymousreply 5203/07/2013

R52 Wasn't that the pilot of The Golden Girls

by Anonymousreply 5303/07/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 5403/07/2013

Hoda has always stood for gay rights and played beach vollyball in Rehoboth with a gay league.

by Anonymousreply 5503/07/2013

Get Jackee, Regina King, Sandra B., Mario Cantone and Perez Hilton.

by Anonymousreply 5603/07/2013

I always feel so embarrassed for Sherri every time they make her do those on-air commercials for this, that and the other thing. How completely humiliating! Talk about sellin' out.

by Anonymousreply 5703/07/2013

Joy was the strongest liberal voice on the show. It will be missed.

by Anonymousreply 5803/07/2013

[quote]With Joy leaving, they need to fire everyone else and start over. Five new women.

I've been saying for the longest time that they need to change the host lineup every few years to keep things fresh. The current hosts are boring and stupid beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 5903/07/2013

My prediction: Barbara will retire in 2014, and control of the show will pass to Whoopi and her production company. Whoopi will probably keep Lis and Sherri, but the guests and content will shift to better reflect her interests.

It would be interesting to see how Whoopi would fill the two empty seats. Maybe we'll find out someday.

by Anonymousreply 6003/08/2013

FUCK JOY BEHAR. So glad that shit bag is leaving.

by Anonymousreply 6103/08/2013

I fear Whoopi will die soon.

by Anonymousreply 6203/08/2013

[quote] The Talk is beating it in the ratings

Is it really? Fabulous, I'm surprised the rest of the country agrees with me it's one of the worst shows on. So Joy is just the first rat jumping deserting the ship. I hope the View producers start panicking and firing people, Sherri and Elisabeth deserve the humiliation. I wish they'd fire Whoopi, but she's the most famous and someone here said she's also part owner of the show.

by Anonymousreply 6303/08/2013

Excuse me, R63! I was the first rat to jump desert that sinking ship! Dessert? Who said dessert? Is that cake? Gimme a slice!

by Anonymousreply 6403/08/2013

Star didn't desert the ship, Barbara made her walk the plank.

by Anonymousreply 6503/08/2013

Who is Star's ex-husband with these days? Did he finally come out of the closet after using Star as his beard and failing to fool anyone?

by Anonymousreply 6603/08/2013

I think Whoopi's been the weak link for years.

Her response to so many topics is "We don't know. We're not there."

No kidding! But that attitude seems to have developed more into an excuse for not doing her homework.

by Anonymousreply 6703/08/2013

al's twitter

let's all tweet "you are a homo" to Al

by Anonymousreply 6803/08/2013

i'm sad to see Joy go. I tune in time to time to see what they're up to and I wish they get rid of Sherri. She is SO stupid! I change the channel every time she starts to talk and switch bacK. I don't mind Whoopi, she's fun to watch.

Is The Talk beating them in ratings? Hard to imagine, i can't even sit thru 5 min of that show, it's horrid. There's a comedian (female) who looks like a man, actually, she looks like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 6903/08/2013

The show consists of an old Jewess, three has been comics and an idiot.

They should only have ONE comic, and as for Elisabeth? Well the funny thing is, in all truth she is right quite a lot of the time, but she's too stupid to prove her point.

by Anonymousreply 7003/08/2013

I can't stand The Loo! It is a load of crap which is amazing that this show has lasted this long! I'm with R61, Joy Behar is a miserable witch who looks like her face was ran over by a semi-truck!

by Anonymousreply 7103/08/2013

I had this idea for a show...

by Anonymousreply 7203/08/2013

ching chong ching chong ann curry joining ching chong.

This is real, but hasn't yet been announced.

by Anonymousreply 7303/08/2013

Surprised to read that Joy is 70, she looks pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 7403/08/2013

Wow a couple of queens here sound like they have Mommy issues. Apparently even the sound of her voice evokes memories of Mother Dear reiterating what a disappointment you were to her. Must be the answer, because Joy Behar is as far from a enemy to gays, liberals or anyone with a brain as you can find.

by Anonymousreply 7503/08/2013

The only one left on the show that I liked. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 7603/08/2013

Hope she sends Piers Morgan to unemployment.

by Anonymousreply 7703/08/2013

No, the View's ratings are not lower than the Talk's. But the Talk has been steadily closing the gap, gaining viewers as the View sheds them.

by Anonymousreply 7803/08/2013

The Talk doesn't have a resident right-winger, right? I'll bet that's one of the reasons it's catching on. The View's co-producer is a Repug, so of course he insisted on Hasselbeck. But most women are liberal leaning and don't need unnecessary "balance" from Repug idiots like Hasselbeck. Donahue ruled daytime for nearly 2 decades and was always an unapologetic lefty.

by Anonymousreply 7903/08/2013

I was thinking about this the other day, R79. Liberal viewers are going to be turned off by Sherri and that Elizabeth twit. Pearl clutchers are going to be turned off by Joy and Whoopie. So either way, the show is alienating its audience. I refuse to watch because of Sherri and Elizabeth. I'm sure others refuse to watch because of Joy and Whoopie. The show can't win with this current strategy of "different women, different points of view."

by Anonymousreply 8003/08/2013

She is the example of what's wrong with that horrible show. If a man could be turned gay....ol Joy is the miserable cunt who could do it.

by Anonymousreply 8103/08/2013

Whoopi does nothing but kiss every celebrity's ass no matter how vile they are. She has NOTHING to contribute to a discussion but fawning praise of the famous. So tiresome and so OLD.

by Anonymousreply 8203/08/2013

Whoopsie has always been a supporter of our rights. So piss off. She may defend certain friends and make rape rape comments, but when it gets down to it she is a supporter of rights.

I love Joy. She has always been a voice of reason there. She is a supportive person to our rights and personally takes stands on many issues involving gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 8303/08/2013

Good riddance you loud mouthed CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 8403/08/2013

So come up with your ideal brand new The View cast. Five new women.

by Anonymousreply 8503/08/2013

I could see Ann Curry doing The View, being the new moderator. She has experience following Meredith Vieira (lol).

I hope they do a reboot. I like Whoopi and can take Joy in small doses, but this used to be a show where there was some warmth, and after Hasslecrack/Rosie had their feud, they pumped up conflict. And it's been shitty since then.

by Anonymousreply 8603/08/2013

[quote] Good riddance you loud mouthed CUNT!

Sorry R84, but Joy's leaving, not me.

by Anonymousreply 8703/08/2013

So what. Who Cares?

by Anonymousreply 8803/08/2013

Brooke Shields would be a fabulous replacement. I think the panel could needs a classic beauty.

Also, she is quite well spoken for a white girl.

by Anonymousreply 8903/08/2013

[quote]If there were a God, Rosie would come back so little the Republican's head would explode since everything Rosie said was true

I certainly hope that everything she says is true - I wouldn't want old Rosie getting cancer!

[quote]Rosie O'Donnell's "Queen of Nice" image took a brutal beating in a Manhattan's State Supreme Court Wednesday as a cancer survivor burst into tears while testifying how O'Donnell suggested she was lying about incidents at her now-defunct magazine -- and told the woman that liars get cancer.

It actually would be good to gt her back. It is always fun watching train wrecks

by Anonymousreply 9003/08/2013

[quote]Brooke Shields would be a fabulous replacement. I think the panel could needs a classic beauty.

I thought that too. She was a good guest host while Barbara had a pox upon her house. But doesn't she live in LA? her husband is a TV producer based out there. Wonder if they would pick up and move?

by Anonymousreply 9103/08/2013

Wow, Joy seems to be one of those people you either love or hate. No in between. Like others have said, Babs needs to hang it up. She is now an old lady, with old lady attitudes and the sanctimony that goes with it. I will miss Joy's humor and attitude. Google "Joy Behar's Lasagna" and you will find the best recipe I've ever had. I wish her all the best.

by Anonymousreply 9203/08/2013

The best the show has been was during the Rosie year and the 2008 election season.

All of that animosity was missing last year. It was almost like they were told by the network not to get too passionate about politics.

by Anonymousreply 9303/08/2013

I thought she lived in New York. Maybe she is bi coastal.

by Anonymousreply 9403/08/2013

Pro-gay or anti-gay, Barbara Walters was pro-Roy Cohen and that's all I need to know about her. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 9503/08/2013

Now I'm wondering, was Joy fired too?

by Anonymousreply 9603/08/2013

Remember how Barbara was having a meltdown after watching the Bruno movie and was flipping out saying she didn't want to see anal intercourse? She is such an uptight old hag and should have retired YEARS ago.

by Anonymousreply 9703/08/2013

How can any of you watch those hags for two minutes? I can't stand that show.

by Anonymousreply 9803/08/2013

They should get rid of Sherri and replace her with someone like Raven Symone. Raven may not be particularly intelligent or insightful but she's at least funnier and smarter than the nitwit Sherri.

by Anonymousreply 9903/08/2013

Yep, Brook Shields would be great...or maybe Kelly Osborne?

by Anonymousreply 10003/08/2013

[quote]or maybe Kelly Osborne?

Give me a fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 10103/08/2013

I can't see them keeping Sherri, and I wonder if Whoopi would remain, too. I would think they just want to completely hit the reset button.

ABC has had success with The Chew and with a lot of new faces on GMA. So maybe they're wanting to reset The View, too, with Barbara still there.

Ann Curry seems like a viable candidate.

I wonder if Meredith Vieira would consider returning (since she reduced her hours for her husband and left Today).

Would they go scandalous? Kathy Griffin or Margaret Cho?

Who would be the fundie/Republican?

by Anonymousreply 10203/08/2013

Entertainment Tonight is reporting the real reason for the exit is money.

Joy makes 1.8 million a year, and she wanted a hefty increase. ABC balked, so Joy walked.

by Anonymousreply 10303/08/2013

I cant believe Joy was only making just under 2 million year. That is a fortune for me, but that is like minimum wage compared to how much the national news personalities get paid.

by Anonymousreply 10403/08/2013

The other rumor is that Joy leaked the info about Baba and Frank and Baba fired her and they're making it look amicable.

by Anonymousreply 10503/08/2013

It seems dumb to replace two hosts at once. People like stability.

by Anonymousreply 10603/08/2013

I want a doobie and a meatball sandwich and I don't care which white lady sits next to me.

by Anonymousreply 10703/08/2013

Rumor has it Brooke will be signed any minute.

by Anonymousreply 10803/08/2013

Is Brooke still with Chris Henchy? He was a cutey but got fat from all the stress Brooke gave him over her post-partum stuff.

by Anonymousreply 10903/08/2013

R95 Well, Babs bearded for Roy Cohn, so that could be enough to turn anyone homophobe. She may also feel embarrassed that everyone knows she was a beard for that pisher. (Though she's the one who said in print that she found Nixon sexy.) About twelve years ago I had a student who spent a summer interning on The View--I got to visit and sit in the audience (Bobby Flay was the guest--Babs was not on--it was Friday and she wanted to catch the early broom to the Hamptons no doubt). The stories my intern told about Miss Walters would freeze your blood. She also said Joy was a bit nasty, they all had to go pick up Star's purchases from Saks, Meredith was nice, if professional and a little distant (what a great idea!), and Lisa was actually warm and friendly, maybe because she was closer in age to the interns.

They should switch to an all-gay men panel--not like 1 girl, 5 gays, and a cup, but at least semi-celebrities. Anderson could take Babs' place, and we could have Mario Cantone, Ross Matthews, Greg Louganis, and Alec Mapa. ABC's head would explode, but it would be fun while it lasted. Instead of The View, it could be called The Gay.

by Anonymousreply 11003/09/2013

so what!?.. who cares!??

by Anonymousreply 11103/09/2013

Is Elisabeth Hasselbeck leaving too?: Quoting anonymous sources, the magazine reported Friday that the conservative co-host is following Joy Behar out the door after market researchers found that her political views were clashing with the audience. "People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her yesterday her contract would not be renewed," a source told Us Weekly.

by Anonymousreply 11203/09/2013

[quote] The stories my intern told about Miss Walters would freeze your blood

well don't leave us hanging r110!!!!! Tell!!!

by Anonymousreply 11303/09/2013

[quote]Anderson could take Babs' place, and we could have Mario Cantone, Ross Matthews, Greg Louganis, and Alec Mapa.

Of all of the well-known gay men out there to chose from, I can't think of a shittier list than the one you just gave.

by Anonymousreply 11403/09/2013

Behar is a giant of daytime television and had a huge impact on The View over the past decade & a half. She won't be easily replaced.

by Anonymousreply 11503/09/2013

How about me?

by Anonymousreply 11603/09/2013

That would be perfect r116

by Anonymousreply 11703/09/2013

Here's a representative Babs story. My student told me that one of the interns, another 20-something young woman, happened to find herself alone in an elevator with Dracula's Daughter as they were both going to the offices of The View. The intern, well-brought up girl that she no doubt was, said "Good morning, Miss Walters." Not "Hey, dude" or "How're they hangin', Babs," mind you--simply "Good morning, Miss Walters." Apparently the poor man's Kay Graham marched immediately to the supervisor of interns and told her to inform said intern that if she EVER spoke to Miss Walters again without having been addressed first she would be fired. So much for encouraging young women in journalism. Probably was jealous that the intern could pronounce her "r"s.

by Anonymousreply 11803/09/2013

R118, that reminds of the book "That Girl" by Marlo Thomas's butler. He said, hello Miss Walters and as he addressed her, she threw her coat at him as she entered the foyer acting like he didn't exist. However, he said Carly Simon was very talkative and very nice to him and the rest of the household staff.

by Anonymousreply 11903/09/2013

Babs is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12003/09/2013

They need to get someone under 30. Soledad O'Brien would also make a good replacement for any of them.

by Anonymousreply 12103/09/2013

R121 I think you nailed what they are trying to do. Like everyone else, they are probably trying to hire a younger group of women. We live in a scary time because in every part of our society, youth is the key factor not experience.If someone is just 35, he or she is bumped off the job and considered a has been.

by Anonymousreply 12203/09/2013

Screw a younger panel. In fact screw all your choices ! what we need is a woman of elegance A refined and lovely lady of leisure and loveliness... That's why I nominate Miss Loni Anderson to come forward and take her rightful place at the judges table

by Anonymousreply 12303/09/2013

Loni couldn't be any worse than vapid, fur-wearing Brooke.

by Anonymousreply 12403/09/2013

Yes, I think they will hire a much younger person to replace Joy. I think it has to do with money too. She has been with the show from the beginning and accumlated raises everytime her contract came up for renewal. The show wants someone they can pay a starting salary with.

I am glad the show is breaking down. Hopefully it ends. I can't stand craven Barbara Walters or backstabber Bill Getty. I liked Barbara Walters before I watched The View. Although she wanted everyone to see her as fun and relaxed, a different image than she had as a reporter, it never happened. She threw Rosie under the bus. She lied in an interview that Rosie couldn't stop talking about gay sex. Barbara has shown how underhanded she is.

R95 Roy Cohen was Jewish. Barbara has always stood by other Jews.

by Anonymousreply 12503/09/2013

The Return of fucking Loni Anderson ?!??!!

by Anonymousreply 12603/09/2013

[quote]Is Brooke still with Chris Henchy? He was a cutey but got fat from all the stress Brooke gave him over her post-partum stuff.

Gotta love DL. Not only are women responsible for their own obesity, they're responsible for their fat slob husbands' sad, flabby states.

by Anonymousreply 12703/09/2013

Wendy Williams should join this show. She can make it even tackier and more brain dead than it already is.

by Anonymousreply 12803/09/2013

Jill Zarin is the obvious choice to replace Joy.

by Anonymousreply 12903/09/2013

r129=Jill Zarin

by Anonymousreply 13003/09/2013

R128, Wendy's making too much money on her own show to jump ship to The View. It will never happen...

by Anonymousreply 13103/09/2013

[quote] Wendy's making too much money on her own show to jump ship to The View. It will never happen...

True. So what's Mariah Carey doing these days? Her music career is pretty much dead, isn't it? And Lord knows, we could do with some Got2BeReal style shade throwing on The View.

by Anonymousreply 13203/09/2013

Mariah Carey has nothing to say. She just likes to brush her hair aside and bat her eyelashes.

by Anonymousreply 13303/09/2013

That show should have been canceled ten years ago. Why it is still on the air is a mystery to me. The entire panel is annoying and Miss Walter's will never hire an attractive intelligent articulate black woman to be on the panel. I can't think of any other reason why Sherri Shepard is still on the show but to be an embarrassment to black women everyday. Whoopie is just as ignorant as Sherrie plus she is fat so she is no threat to Miss Walter's. Jewish run hollywood love loud ignorant black women. Why do you think reality shows like "Love and Hip Hop" and "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" get greenlighted?

by Anonymousreply 13403/09/2013

[quote] I cant believe Joy was only making just under 2 million year.

It is pretty much a part-time job. They come in at 8AM and leave by noon. Plus they have Fridays off (pre-taped show)

Yes some other TV people make 4 x as much, but they have much longer hours, and are on call at any given time.

by Anonymousreply 13503/09/2013

Who is Sherri Shepard, exactly? I heard her talk one time about how she used to work at Marshall's. Was she just a nobody that Barbara hired to be the voice of the "every day woman" or something?

by Anonymousreply 13603/09/2013

Dlisted is saying Hasselbeck is being let go as well. Same reasons as Star Jones - she tested poorly. People don't watch because she is too right wing and extreme in her views.

by Anonymousreply 13703/09/2013

Lizzie is still under contract with ABC

So even though she might be let go, she would still have to be paid by the network.

Not sure when that contract expired, but if it is still a year or two left remaining, it will give her time to prepare.

by Anonymousreply 13803/09/2013

Elizabeth's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 13903/09/2013

R136, Sherri had been a stand-up and then a supporting character in a few bad sitcoms, before getting on The View. Her view notoriety gave her a shot at starring in her own sitcom, I think on Lifetime, it only lasted one season. Like Star, her career will evaporate after she leaves The View.

by Anonymousreply 14003/09/2013

Sherri was a stand-up comedian?? I've never found anything she's said to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 14103/09/2013

[quote]Joy makes 1.8 million a year, and she wanted a hefty increase. ABC balked, so Joy walked.

Where the hell did you get that figure? She's been there for 15 years. She might be getting that for her obscure Current Channel show but she getting more than that for "The View".

by Anonymousreply 14203/09/2013

I like Joy; she's got balls. And she looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 14303/09/2013

[quote] Sherri was a stand-up comedian?? I've never found anything she's said to be funny.

She was actually funny as a supporting character on Less Than Perfect. She can be funny saying the lines that others write.

On her own, of course, she says shit like "the earth is flat."

by Anonymousreply 14403/09/2013

Another vote for Jill Zarin. I kind of miss her, and she'll sound like Joy.

by Anonymousreply 14503/09/2013

[QUOTE] Where the hell did you get that figure?

entertainment tonight

by Anonymousreply 14603/09/2013

I can't believe you admitted to watching ET.

by Anonymousreply 14703/09/2013

THE TALK also matched "The View" in women 25-54 and women 18-49 for the first time this season in a week of regularly scheduled broadcasts.

Now in its third season, THE TALK averaged a record audience of 2.49 million viewers, up +10% from the same week last year (2.27m).

The View is only ahead in total viewers by 1 million viewers.

The View is definitely feeling the heat.

by Anonymousreply 14803/09/2013

Does the talk do better than ATWT, I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 14903/09/2013

Could this be true?

Everybody is lying about the casting change on this TV show! Here is the inside story: One of the stars of a TV show leaked some personal info to the press about a famous actor. Bad move. The actor’s friend, an industry powerhouse who works with the star, was shocked when they found out that the star was the leaker. They couldn’t believe that the star would be so indiscreet and so disloyal! So Powerhouse promptly fired the star. OK, well not exactly fired. But Powerhouse told Star that their contract "will not be renewed." In television, that’s basically the same thing as being fired (minus all the legal fuss). Because the show doesn’t want a big controversy about cast member changes (which has happened before), everyone is pretending that it was Star’s decision to leave the show, and that Powerhouse is very sad about it. Ha! Those are both lies. Star would never have left such a cushy job voluntarily! However, they made an unforgivable mistake by crossing the Powerhouse and being disloyal, and they are now paying the ultimate price for it. Live by the big mouth, die by the big mouth.TV Show star: TV Show star: Joy Behar Powerhouse: Barbara Walters TV Show: The View Actor: Frank Langella (had shingles that Barbara caught chicken pox from)

by Anonymousreply 15003/09/2013

R150, CNN is courting Joy to join the network -this is the real reason Joy is leaving the show. I don't believe the outing of Frank Langella's shingles diagnosis is the reason. Who cares if Barbara got the pox from Frank? What's the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 15103/09/2013

wait, so frank langella was fucking baba wawa?

I can't get that image outta my head

by Anonymousreply 15203/09/2013

frank langella also fucked Whoopi

by Anonymousreply 15303/09/2013

Donna Brazile would add some class and brains to the show.

Jamie Lee Curtis isn't doing much these days. She'd be interesting.

They also need someone like a Molly Ivins or Erma Bombeck. Who fills those shoes these days?

Of course, all of this would be subject to Kyle Richards' approval since she owns the show.

by Anonymousreply 15403/09/2013

langella is gay.

by Anonymousreply 15503/09/2013

Why not Kyle Richards for one of the chairs?

by Anonymousreply 15603/09/2013

[quote]Now in its third season, THE TALK averaged a record audience of 2.49 million viewers, up +10% from the same week last year (2.27m).

Could it be that getting rid of the obnoxious Leah Reimi did the trick?

by Anonymousreply 15703/09/2013

Leah is a goddess.

by Anonymousreply 15803/09/2013

1.8 million is actually considerably more than what I thought Joy made. Rosie has mentioned the View women aren't paid much.

by Anonymousreply 15903/09/2013

R154 well Jami Lee Curtis babysat and saved Kyle Richards life from Michael Myers in the original Halloween, she owes her!

by Anonymousreply 16003/09/2013

Again when Rosie had her own show she was making MAJOR money.

Oprah Winfrey money

by Anonymousreply 16103/09/2013

True, R125, Roy Cohn was Jewish and ruined the lives/careers of a lot of other Jews in particular. Walters was and is the ultimate starfucker and didn't care about how evil he was; he was powerful and ran in inner circles and that's all she cared about. She'll defend him (and her relationship with him) to this day.

People would dance on her grave but most of the blacklisted are dead themselves. Another woman who benefited from short memories. But I find her as repulsive as I find Cohn (and I'm not even Jewish).

by Anonymousreply 16203/09/2013

Walters wrote that her father (Lou Walters) was facing an indictment for unpaid taxes. At the time the family was broke, and Barbara was supporting everyone. And she wasn't in a high paying job, only doing freelance work at the time.

They had no money, and Lou Walters was too old and feeble to survive in jail.

Walters turned to Cohn for help. The next thing she knew the charges against her father were dropped.

She explains from that day forward, Cohn had her support for what he did for her father.

by Anonymousreply 16303/09/2013

Vanessa Williams would be fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 16403/09/2013

R163, she was loyal then to someone who helped her family.

The part about Babs I don't care for is how she likes to have it both ways. She worked really hard at outing Ricky Martin in an interview (she wouldn't do that to Cruise, Travolta, Jackman) and after Ricky came out she apologized to him on the view for trying to out him.

He was SO kind to the old lady, told her no big deal, but he was within his rights to say: "You wanted a scoop. I wouldn't give it to you for my own reasons, but why don't you ask other guys like Cruise, etc. if they're gay?"

by Anonymousreply 16503/09/2013

Please CNN wants a younger demographic and an agile host. Joy has had her time and that is enough. She is 70 years .

by Anonymousreply 16603/09/2013

Joy can spend more time with her good friend the Catholic priest. IIRC, he's now a monsignor.

Has she ever mentioned him on the show?

by Anonymousreply 16703/09/2013

How does that late term abortion advocate get a Catholic priest to befriend her?

by Anonymousreply 16803/09/2013

Last day today.

I am no Joy fan but the Harry Reasoner comment was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 16908/09/2013

Is Joy dying?

by Anonymousreply 17008/09/2013

Yes r170. So are you. So am I. We are all closer to death every day.

by Anonymousreply 17108/09/2013

but some are close and some are real close

by Anonymousreply 17208/09/2013

They're crazy to lose her.

CRAZY.

Joy Behar is the voice of reason in America.

Or, today, the voice that said fuck you Harry Reasoner.

by Anonymousreply 17308/10/2013

[quote]Please CNN wants a younger demographic and an agile host. Joy has had her time and that is enough. She is 70 years .

I agree. What's with these old people that just can't move aside (Joy, Babs, Larry King, Joan Rivers, etc)? I hate to be ageist, but honestly, we need some younger people. Even old peoples' voices sound annoying.

by Anonymousreply 17408/10/2013

CNN should hire Jay Leno for a talk show.

by Anonymousreply 17508/10/2013

She was a voice of reason, and while there are lots if women who could take her spot, none will be as funny.

by Anonymousreply 17608/10/2013

They want a Latina now. There have been one trying out after another. They had one who's accent was so thick it was like watching Univision.

by Anonymousreply 17708/10/2013

Hello catty fairies! How R U sissies?! Har har!!

by Anonymousreply 17808/10/2013

Younger demographic? Who the hell do you think watches television at 11 am? Not the 19-40 age group. It's the retired women and older housewives, who like to hear women with their perspectives. So Jenny McCarthy is going to draw in the younger crowd? Hardly.

by Anonymousreply 17908/10/2013

If you think Joy is a "Voice of Reason" you are quite insane. You know that, donchoo? She is the PERSONIFICATION of all that is irrational, emotional, NASTY, and inane. Even she probably realizes she spends most of her time unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 18008/10/2013

[quote]If you think Joy is a "Voice of Reason" you are quite insane. You know that, donchoo? She is the PERSONIFICATION of all that is irrational, emotional, NASTY, and inane. Even she probably realizes she spends most of her time unhinged.

Mamma issues?

by Anonymousreply 18108/10/2013

R180 is Bill O'Reilly.

by Anonymousreply 18208/10/2013

Bumpita!

by Anonymousreply 18312/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.