Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A very good friend keeps picking fights on my Facebook wall

Should I say something?

Could I delete him?

by Anonymousreply 1903/08/2013

You've done something to piss him off. If you care, talk to him. If you don't, unfriend him.

by Anonymousreply 103/06/2013

Just to clarify, he's picking fights with my Facebook friends, not with me.

by Anonymousreply 203/06/2013

OP, think of your facebook wall as your "house." When people are guests in your home, they have the expectation that they'll be treated with respect.

It's possible to have discussions and disagree with one another and still be polite, thoughtful, and respectful. No one should come into you home and be rude and disrespectful or make other people who are your guests feel uncomfortable.

You need to message him privately and explain this to him. And be very clear and straight forward. Tell him you feel he is being agressive and it makes you feel uncomfortable for your other friends. He sounds like a very immature person.

by Anonymousreply 303/06/2013

Are you saying you post a status and he picks a fight in comments? Just do a "custom post" and block him from seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 403/06/2013

r3 wins

by Anonymousreply 503/07/2013

[quote] You need to message him privately and explain this to him.

Or, god forbid, phone him up to speak directly. Or, radically, speak to him in person.

by Anonymousreply 603/07/2013

Other options are to get off Facebook. God help us if people start equating a website with their own home.

by Anonymousreply 703/07/2013

I wasn't equating facebook with your own home, I was using it metaphorically to illustrate a point. Facebook is a forum that provides opportunities for discussion, and people who participate should adhere to certain basic courtesies.

Put it another way. OP, when this person visits you in your home and you have other friends over does he act out and behave this way in person? Probably not. At least I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 803/07/2013

Fagfrau thread!

by Anonymousreply 903/07/2013

Don't clarify R3 most of us know what you meant but I still like the idea of a '70's housewife opening her arms wide and saying, "Welcome to my delightful Facebook page, make yourself at home. Drinks?"

by Anonymousreply 1003/07/2013

I cleaned my FB house, deleted the venomous wing-nuts and trouble makers. Who needs it in your own home.

Unfriend is your friend!

by Anonymousreply 1103/07/2013

I know what r3 meant as well, but still marvel at the seriousness of all this Facebook etiquette. Once such levels have been reached it makes one wonder whether the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion. It's meant to be a tool to keep up with people, not an entire alternative social reality.

by Anonymousreply 1203/07/2013

if any social application deserved Punch and Delete it's Facebook. It's a horrible mess of self-promotion, relentless spam and bad pictures.

by Anonymousreply 1303/07/2013

This thread is about OP's problem with his friend. Whatever we may think of Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 1403/07/2013

Sorry, it's always about ME.

by Anonymousreply 1503/07/2013

I have a friend who tries to do this once in a while. I respond by deleting his comments or the entire post if I think it's appropriate.

He messaged me once after I did that and said, "So I see you deleted my response to so-and-so"

I responded that I don't want any arguing or bad feelings on my facebook page. I'm here for fun and entertainment. He's welcome to post comments, but he's not welcome to pick fights. Keep it fun.

by Anonymousreply 1603/07/2013

You're insane, R6. Do you know that?

by Anonymousreply 1703/07/2013

R6 is 7,000 years old.

by Anonymousreply 1803/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 1903/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!