Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Blind Item - Asshole Junky Method Actor

Method acting can take its toll on the actor who does it, but when he does it to an unsuspecting person and makes them her spouse, it can be brutal. This actor is almost A list. He's famous for saying he is a method actor although his method does not always coincide with his role. Once he was playing a conservative man and visited strip clubs every night to prepare, saying he felt that inside his character there was a dark place that wanted to visit strippers every night. Not that long ago he got married and his wife is expressing frustration to all of her friends and family. She REALLY wants the marriage to work. She doesn't want to look foolish and she feels that she will if they divorce. The thing is the actor recently told her that he married her because a role he was in called for him to be married so he wanted to feel that for the role. He also said that his character is a junkie, which it isn‘t, but it gave the actor a chance to start using heroin again which is his all-time favorite thing to do. The good news for his wife is that our actor is so distracted by his heroin that he has started letting her out of the house. Prior to that he was smothering her with his closeness.

by Anonymousreply 2003/07/2013

Someone might suggest that he read Stanislavski and discover that what he does to prepare for a role has nothing whatsoever to do with the method.

by Anonymousreply 103/06/2013

Sean Penn, because he's such a dick.

by Anonymousreply 203/06/2013

Method actor, almost A list, married, heroin history...maybe Ethan Hawke?

by Anonymousreply 303/06/2013

Nice, R3, but Hawke and his current wife married five years ago and have two kids. Doesn't sound like the BI.

by Anonymousreply 403/06/2013

R4, I guess one's interpretation of "not that long ago" is key to solving this BI.

by Anonymousreply 503/06/2013

Nick Cage?

He's known for acting crazy and calling it "method", or at least he was back when he was A-list.

by Anonymousreply 603/06/2013

I like the Ethan Hawke guess. He looked strung out as hell at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 703/06/2013

I think Ethan Hawke, too

by Anonymousreply 803/06/2013

Egad! "Ravaged" is the word that comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 903/06/2013

He's someone that was cute and didn't want to be cute

by Anonymousreply 1003/06/2013

R10 he got his wish.

by Anonymousreply 1103/06/2013

Jesus how old is he?

by Anonymousreply 1203/06/2013

R12, imdb says he's 42.

by Anonymousreply 1303/06/2013

He was born in 1970 according to IMDB, so 42-ish. Looks like he's in his sixties now.

by Anonymousreply 1403/06/2013

When I read this I immediately thought of Giovanni Ribisi for a couple of reasons.

I read an interview done with him a few years ago and went on about how he was a method actor and how hard it was compared to other techniques. He said that he HAD to become the person he was portraying and stay in character for as long as the project went on. He made it sound like he had to sacrifice a great deal for his ‘art’, and very few people understood what he had to go thru. That fits the method actor part of the BI, as well as the asshole part.

In the '90s he had a bad heroin addiction. This isn’t gossip; I’m very close to the guy who was his dealer and was with him many times when Giovanni bought his drugs (always in huge quantities). He always talked about how much he loved heroin, every damn time he bought it. When he started to get more acting jobs, and was starting to become famous he seemed to think that because he was famous he should get his drugs cheaper. I ran into him a few times at parties and every time he wanted me to get heroin for him, he seemed to think that because I was close to his dealer I carried around drugs. He was very charming when he was trying to get me to get drugs for him, but when he realized I wouldn’t do anything more than call his dealer for him it was like a switch was flipped and he was an asshole. He later claimed Scientology ‘cured’ him of what he called his ‘demons’. That fits the loving heroin part, as well as being an asshole.

He married Agyness Deyn last summer, and that fits the recently married part.

Tho of course I could be totaly wrong

by Anonymousreply 1503/06/2013

[quote]but when he does it to an unsuspecting person and makes them her spouse

Is this confusing or worded poorly, or is my reading comprehension bad?

by Anonymousreply 1603/06/2013

R15, that is some good tea. Pretty horrible for his wife though.

by Anonymousreply 1703/06/2013

This BI sounds familiar, and I heard Ribisi/Deyn for it before.

Stay away from heroin, kids!

by Anonymousreply 1803/06/2013

Yeah, Ribisi. Except for the "almost A list" part. He was never almost A list. He's always been acharacter actor who is B list at best. Excellent character actor though. And extremely weird.

by Anonymousreply 1903/07/2013

Jason Patric.

by Anonymousreply 2003/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.