Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The voice cast on "The Simpsons" are really getting up there

Harry Shearer is 69, Julie Kavner is 62, Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright are 55, Hank Azaria and Yeardley Smith are 48. Marcia Wallace, frequent guest star as Mrs. Krabappel, is 70!

You can particularly hear the old lady coming out in Kavner's and Wallace's voices these days. How much longer can this show go on? They've had an amazing run with the original voice cast - would they ever replace one of them?

by Anonymousreply 1310/26/2013

So? It's their life's work and has made them rich and comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 103/06/2013

They didn't replace Phil Hartman. All the characters he did were retired.

by Anonymousreply 203/06/2013

Internet says Marcia Wallace is dead at 70 today. Still unconfirmed, but I wonder how the show will handle it.

by Anonymousreply 310/26/2013

[quote]Mrs. Krabappel, is 70!

The woman who voices Edna died. I guess this was the surprise death they were talking about, since she was so sick. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 410/26/2013

Cancel this out of date thing already.

Having said that, let's have some Hank Azaria appreciation

by Anonymousreply 510/26/2013

TMZ report on Marcia Wallace:

by Anonymousreply 610/26/2013

the actors are all replaceable and in fact, a few years ago, during contract negotiations, they were all threatened with being fired because they wanted too much money. As it stands now, the main stars get $350,000 per episode, which doesnt include royalties, dvd's, residuals, etc, etc.

by Anonymousreply 710/26/2013

The show remains a pale, soulless money machine for all the talents involved. Most people I know stopped watching about 10-15 years ago. The former show runner admitted how bad the show had gotten in an interview last year.

Hank has a nice beefy butt in that pic. He also has an adult eating disorder and a ton of body issues, resulting from growing up as a fat kid. Oh, and being a closet case. I don't think he's aging that well. But he used to be hot.

by Anonymousreply 810/26/2013

You all sound like Comic Book Guy. R.I.P. Carol Kester/Edna Krabapple.

by Anonymousreply 910/26/2013

R6, I'm keeping my eye on you!

by Anonymousreply 1010/26/2013

Are the ratings actually still good for this old thing?

by Anonymousreply 1110/26/2013

Which former showrunner, R9?

by Anonymousreply 1210/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!