Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Carrie Fisher's Return as Princess Leia in the New Star Wars Films

Will she play her as a bi-polar drugged out mess? But for her obesity, this could almost be a Princess Diana biopic. Then there's that other mess, Mark Hamill. Maybe The twist is that Jabba the Hutt is their real father.

by Anonymousreply 3303/17/2013

I think it's a terrible idea to have Fisher, Ford and Hamill back as older versions of their characters. Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia should always be young.

by Anonymousreply 203/06/2013

Of course she'd be playing an aged Leia. It'd be fine, but really she should put some serious effort into getting thin again. Nobody wants to watch a fat, sad, old Leia.

by Anonymousreply 303/06/2013

No mention of whether they bring back Harrison Ford, and IMHO they shouldn't have one without the other.

But I supposed Ford can't be arsed, he's too busy smoking dope and getting plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 403/06/2013

Please...they can slim her right down with CGI.

They can get her to look like Anna Wintour if they like.

by Anonymousreply 503/06/2013

Just to clarify, Carrie:

We want you to play Jabba the Hut, not Princess Leia. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

by Anonymousreply 603/06/2013

Why is Mark Hamill a mess, OP?

by Anonymousreply 703/06/2013

She said this before and later said that she was joking.

by Anonymousreply 803/07/2013

Apparently "the force" is a plastic surgery and glazed bear claws.

by Anonymousreply 903/07/2013

"glazed bear claws"

They're not bears, they're Ewoks!

by Anonymousreply 1003/07/2013

Carrie Fisher was an ugly, drab, boring Princess Leia in the original Star Wars. Wasn't the only reason she got the part because she is related to someone famous who created the movie?

by Anonymousreply 1103/07/2013

Is the old crone Ford in it, too?

by Anonymousreply 1203/07/2013

At least I won't be the fattest one this time!

by Anonymousreply 1303/07/2013

well she freaked out on that gay cruise recently, letting her mutt shit and pee on the stage and then she went swimming fully clothed. Then I saw the predictable news story that she was hospitalized for being bi-polar. By the way, someone filmed her bi-polar "episode" and it went viral on the Web, but Fisher got the video yanked quite fast.

Is she really the bitch people keep saying about her? I wonder what her mother Debbie Reynolds thinks of her "episode." Media silence there.

by Anonymousreply 1403/07/2013

No r11, every teenage actress in Hollywood auditioned for the part, Carrie won it fair and square. And she was far from unattractive at the time. Nerds fell head over heels for her.

by Anonymousreply 1503/07/2013

"Wasn't the only reason she got the part because she is related to someone famous who created the movie?"

Every starlet in Hollywood auditioned, and IMHO Fisher got the part because she came across as genuinely intelligent, not just another vapid damsel in distress. I love her for that.

And all the fanboys love her for appearing in a metal bikini and chains. The straight guys think she was hot enough!

by Anonymousreply 1603/07/2013

Maybe they'll reprise the swinging from a rope bit with Luke and Leia but it will snap this time around.

by Anonymousreply 1703/07/2013

Didn't she do a Jenny craig or nutra system ad then just never did it again? Like Queen Latifa who refused to say how much she lost (nothing) but that she felt healthy.

I am pretty sure they will spend at least an hour of the movie doing this

"by the force Leia you got fat!" "why does Luke look like an old Lesbian?' "could you be a lamb and use the force? Grandma Leia has a dooty bubble she needs fixed"

by Anonymousreply 1803/07/2013

Do Jedi robes come in XXXL? Because Mark Hamill is gonna need one.

by Anonymousreply 1903/07/2013

If you follow the trend in sci-fi (Logan's Run, etc.) people don't get old in the future. Unless they distort the lens and shoot her through an Indian rug- it won't work.

by Anonymousreply 2003/07/2013

"Carrie Fisher was an ugly, drab, boring Princess Leia in the original Star Wars."

The straight guys I knew sure didn't think so. They were all in love with her.

by Anonymousreply 2103/07/2013

CARRIE FISHER IS A GAY ICON.

YOU WILL DEAL!

by Anonymousreply 2203/07/2013

Love Carrie Fisher. I bet she has tons of great Hollywood insider stories.

Would love to have dinner with her and have her dish all the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 2303/07/2013

Carrie Fisher happens to love her gays. The OP is being an ass.

by Anonymousreply 2403/07/2013

Star Wars isn't the future - it's the past. (A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away . . . )

by Anonymousreply 2503/07/2013

What will happen if we lose 1 of these beloved actors, before shooting even begins, God forbid. What will JJ do then?

by Anonymousreply 2603/07/2013

I hate to say this, but Harrison Ford is a 70 year-old smoker. Is he really going to be around long enough to make 3 films?

by Anonymousreply 2703/07/2013

[quote]I hate to say this, but Harrison Ford is a 70 year-old smoker. Is he really going to be around long enough to make 3 films?

Doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 2803/07/2013

You're next, r28.

by Anonymousreply 2903/07/2013

A wookie is dancing to a Klingon band. Your argument is invalid.

by Anonymousreply 3003/07/2013

R11 - Fisher's Leia was a wonderful part of the original series. She was a lot more exciting and a lot more central to the plot than Portman's character.

All I remember from Portman's character was Hold me Anakin.

by Anonymousreply 3103/07/2013

"If you follow the trend in sci-fi (Logan's Run, etc.) people don't get old in the future."

The attack on my life has left me scarred...and deformed. But I assure you, my resolve has never been stronger!

by Anonymousreply 3203/07/2013

All the nerds love Princess Leia!

by Anonymousreply 3303/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.