Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Andy Gibb would be 55 today

One of my first preteen crushes. That hairy chest... *swoon*

by Anonymousreply 2603/23/2013

The 12 year old in me still loves his music. Once in awhile a song of his will come on the radio when I am alone in the car and I sing along to it at the top of my lungs like I did as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 103/06/2013

He was dreamy and it was such a shock when he died. Sometimes I'll listen to his songs on Youtube. "Everlasting Love" is one of my favorite songs.

by Anonymousreply 203/06/2013

He's alive in this video, shadow dancing.

by Anonymousreply 303/06/2013

I don't think he ever had much time or interest in his sons. Bad dad.

by Anonymousreply 403/06/2013

Andy didn't have a son, he had one daughter born to him as a teen. And yes he had very little to do with her and left her very little in way of an inheritance as he was broke when he died.

by Anonymousreply 503/06/2013

It seems like the Reaper really has it in for the Gibb boys.Only Barry is still alive.So much for The Bee Gees too.Just like all but one of the original Temptations is dead last time I checked and he may be dead too now.

by Anonymousreply 603/06/2013

How sad. I remember when he died. I always loved this song.

by Anonymousreply 703/06/2013

He had a fur coat not a hairy chest.

Another no talent, how come Barry the only one with talent is the only one alive?

by Anonymousreply 803/06/2013

[quote]he was broke when he died.

His gf (Jane Seymour?) had to pay for his funeral.

by Anonymousreply 903/06/2013

Is he the one that used to fuck the Dallas actress, Victoria Principle and when she dumped him, he offed himself? Or was that another jack-off in the music world.

by Anonymousreply 1003/06/2013

Yes r10, he dated Victoria but she dumped him because his excessive coke use.

by Anonymousreply 1103/06/2013

That's right r10 -- it was Victoria Principal

by Anonymousreply 1203/06/2013

I loved Andy too, I Just Want To Be Your Everything was a great song back in '77. I always thought he seemed more worldly and sophisticated than most of the teen idols back then. I always hear that he was a really nice guy though obviously troubled.

by Anonymousreply 1303/06/2013

Andy who?

by Anonymousreply 1403/06/2013

It goes like this

Barry Gibb, the one with talent

Andy Gibb the only one with any looks

Maurice Gibb married to Lulu or was it the other twin, either way they were useless.

Olivia Newton-John, the sister Gibb who took all their rejected songs (Come On Over, Carried Away, I Can't Help It)

Lulu, the married Gibb

by Anonymousreply 1503/08/2013

Barry and Andy looked alike. Barry shaved his beard in the early 80's and looked a lot like Andy. Maurice was cute when he was younger. Robin was the freak of the family and after his death a lot came out about his drug induced paranoia. He also couldn't keep it in his pants.

Victoria was an former hooker and had a drug problem though nowhere near as bad as Andy's was. Andy thought she would be just like Pam Barnes but wasn't. She hooked up and married her plastic surgeon a few years later. Andy met his daughter when she was two and spoke to her off and on. He was supposed to visit her in September but died six months before. Andy's ex wife's family are very prominent in the professional dog show sports. That is how he met Kim (the ex wife) his older sister showed dogs professionally.

Supposedly a lot of what you hear on Andy's last studio album is Barry filling in for Andy. He was a drugged out mess when the album was recorded. The album was supposed to come out summer of 1979 but was pushed back until spring. Olivia newton-John was pissed that her duet took so long to some out.

I didn't know he was supposed to be the male lead in the Grease sequel but his screen test was awful.

Barry toured Australia last month with his son and Maurice's daughter. The boys mother is in her early 90's.

by Anonymousreply 1603/23/2013

The Bee Gees had some good songs, but they could be really annoying singers, with those shrill falsettos. They were personally responsible for a large part of the disco backlash, people tired of hearing the Disco Chipmunks in heavy rotation.

I like Shadow Dancing, but just for the song itself and the production, Andy's singing is just passable.

by Anonymousreply 1703/23/2013

While I don't doubt the stories about Robin Gibb's paranoia and sluttiness, saying Barry is the only one with talent is false. Most of the songs, hits too, were written by both Robin AND Barry, and Robin had the VOICE. Not the falsetto chipmunk annoying SNF era disco sound, but the real voice that drove most of their non SNF hits.

by Anonymousreply 1803/23/2013

That should be I didn't know he was supposed to be the male lead in Xanadu.

I think the brothers helped out financially with his daughter Peta. He filed for bankruptcy the year before he died and according to the filings he had about $1.5 million in debt and had made only $8000 in 1986.

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2013

[quote]Another no talent, how come Barry the only one with talent is the only one alive?

You take that back!

by Anonymousreply 2003/23/2013

Andy's daughter Peta owns all the rights to Andy's songs, even the ones Barry Gibb wrote.She is married now and has two sons.

by Anonymousreply 2103/23/2013

Love is higher than a negro

Love is thicker than negroes

by Anonymousreply 2203/23/2013

[quote]The Bee Gees had some good songs, but they could be really annoying singers, with those shrill falsettos

They paved the way for Justin Timberflake.

by Anonymousreply 2303/23/2013

Tanya Tucker said Victoria Principal was the coldest person on the planet, according to what Andy told her.

by Anonymousreply 2403/23/2013

Olivia Newton-John killed his career. She does that, she kills things but leaves buildings standing.

by Anonymousreply 2503/23/2013

I wonder if he'd be bald, like all of his brothers.

by Anonymousreply 2603/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!