by Anonymousreply 103/06/2013

Dior considers this too fat.

So, yes.

by Anonymousreply 203/06/2013

ewww. kill it.

by Anonymousreply 303/06/2013

thunder thighs

by Anonymousreply 403/06/2013

Stand her next to Kevin James and his fans will say she's anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 503/06/2013

Lynda Carter circa Wonder Woman and "fat" have no business being in the same sentence. She was tall, thin, and had a waist about as wide as a pencil. The only thing big on her were her boobs and her hair.

by Anonymousreply 703/06/2013

Jennifer Lawrence has a very similar body, maybe slightly less in the chest.

by Anonymousreply 803/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 903/06/2013

I love how they got the WWII-era costume so close to authentic. Nowadays, they would make it slick and leathery or latex looking- nothing at all like it should look. The shorts are a modest cut because that's how it was in the 40's- actually, these are even be a little shorter than how it looked in those early books.

by Anonymousreply 1003/06/2013

I'm waiting for Megan Fox,Angelina Jolie or Anne Hathaway to be in a new film version,with ame os by Lynda Carter and maybe Debra Winger.And maybe Hayden Panietierre or another blonde as Supergirl.Or a brunette.She was a brunette as Linda.

by Anonymousreply 1103/06/2013

I've been watching Linda Carter in the series "Hawkeye: The First Frontier" with Lee Horsley. She really shows her acting chops better than anything else that she's ever done.

by Anonymousreply 1203/06/2013

Lynda Carter wore two costumes as Wonder Woman. The first season was set during WWII and she wore the costume in OP's link. Like r10 said, it was authentic to the comic costume from that era.

The last two seasons were in the present-day (then the late 70s) and Lynda's Wonder Woman costume was updated to this fabulous disco-era version.

I love both costumes, and can't pick a favorite.

by Anonymousreply 1403/06/2013

Lynda as Diana spinning into her WW costume

by Anonymousreply 1603/06/2013

Trying that again

by Anonymousreply 1703/06/2013

Where does the flash of light come from? What happens to her old clothes when she spins around like that? How does that tight bun come undone when she spins. So many questions.

by Anonymousreply 1803/06/2013

Magic, r18. Wonder Woman is a supernatural being.

by Anonymousreply 1903/06/2013

Besides, only some pervert would want to see Lynda's clothes dissolve into nudity and reform into the Wonder Woman costume without benefit of a modest flash of light.

by Anonymousreply 2003/06/2013

Lynda Carter was actually considered a bit overweight by the producers at times during the first season or two. On the DVDs, there are some audio commentaries with Lynda Carter and the producer, Doug Cramer, and he (obnoxiously) talks about how he would regularly tell her to watch what she's eating. By the end of the series, she was thinner.

by Anonymousreply 2103/06/2013

R21 - She looked better a little on the fuller side.

by Anonymousreply 2203/06/2013

Fabulous behind-the-scenes shot on the Wonder Woman set of Lynda wearing a fur coat over her costume and smoking a cigarette.

by Anonymousreply 2303/06/2013

Where the hell is it, R23? Do you expect us to have to search through all of those pics??

by Anonymousreply 2403/06/2013

r24 the pic should come right up.

by Anonymousreply 2503/06/2013

It doesn't R25

by Anonymousreply 2603/06/2013

Why is she wearing a quilted bra?

by Anonymousreply 2703/06/2013

T least tell us which album the fur coat pic is in, R23.

by Anonymousreply 2803/06/2013

The flash of light and thunderclap comes from another dimension, R17. When she spins, she is magically opening a portal where space and time do not exist, allowing her to exit her currently reality and change clothes and then re-enter where she left off. The light and sound is the sound of the space/time wall tearing open while she makes her passage. In the comic book there was a point where her lasso served as the conduit to the other dimension, she would leap through it and be dressed when she hopped out the other side. I haven't read in years so I have no idea if she even maintains a 'secret identity' anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2903/06/2013

Whopps, I meant my post for R18. sorry

by Anonymousreply 3003/06/2013

Picture comes right up for me....

by Anonymousreply 3103/06/2013

As others have said, during the first season, Lynda might have been considered a little "portly" but by the second two seasons on CBS she was rocking a hot bod. There will only ever be one Wonder Woman and that is Lynda Carter. Megan Fox, and all these other two-bit people who's name get bounced around when talking about a Wonder Woman re-boot are nowhere near the same league that Lynda was.

by Anonymousreply 3203/06/2013

Wow, that's deep R29. I had no idea of the other dimension aspect of Wonder Woman. So where is the other dimension? How does she change back into Diana Prince? Does she spin in reverse?

I used to wrap a t-shirt on my head in a tight bun, do that spin and wear alumnium foil bracelets and my moms boots and put my hands on my hips and play Wonder Woman. Years later, when I came out, my mom said, 'but I saw no signs that you were gay, when you were growing up.'

by Anonymousreply 3303/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 3403/06/2013

r34 it must be your pc. The pic is coming up fine.

by Anonymousreply 3503/06/2013

No it isn't, R35. When I click on the link, the page with all of her photo albums comes up. Why don't you just post the address of the exact photo, or at least tell us which album to look in.

by Anonymousreply 3603/06/2013

Try this link.

by Anonymousreply 3703/06/2013

Thanks, R37! See, it was that easy!

by Anonymousreply 3803/06/2013

Gorgeous woman. She's also aged very well.

by Anonymousreply 3903/06/2013

[quote]Wonder Woman is a supernatural being.

Yet she needs a lasso to fight crime.

by Anonymousreply 4003/07/2013

Where is this extra weight she had first season?

by Anonymousreply 4103/07/2013

Wonder Woman's lasso compels people to tell the truth, and is indestructible and unbreakable.

by Anonymousreply 4203/07/2013

She's a tub!

by Anonymousreply 4303/07/2013

Mmmm. If I weren't gay...

by Anonymousreply 4403/07/2013

Linda Carter as Wonder Woman made me realise what a massive lesbian I was. My 7 year old self was totally in love with her. Looking at these pictures, I had brilliant taste.

by Anonymousreply 4503/07/2013

The song was so corny. And now it's stuck in my head.."fighting for your rights, in her satin tights.."

by Anonymousreply 4603/07/2013

R45 you do have excellent taste.

by Anonymousreply 4703/07/2013

R34, you're a fucking bitch queen. The photo came right up for the rest of us. No need for you to get so goddamned snippy with other people when your computer was failing you.

by Anonymousreply 4903/07/2013

That picture at r14 is so trimmed. Early photoshop. Her chest to waist to hips dimensions make no sense at all. Sad that they thought this was needed.

by Anonymousreply 5003/07/2013

Lynda was smokin' hot back in the day. When I was a young, confused teen, I had this poster of her hanging on my bedroom wall.

by Anonymousreply 5103/07/2013

r50 I don't think that shot was altered. Here's a shot from the actual show and Lynda looks the same here.

Even after all these years, seeing Lynda Carter in the Wonder Woman costume still makes me smile. What a goddess!

by Anonymousreply 5203/07/2013

I loved how when Diana Prince spun around to become Wonder Woman, sometimes there'd be a little extra surprise like a cape or some other never-before-seen costume like this swim suit, which was a little too - ahem - snug.

by Anonymousreply 5303/07/2013

The stunning beauty of this woman, even in her later years, validates my Mexican fetish. That country produces some gorgeous people!

by Anonymousreply 5403/07/2013

Lynda Carter's parents: Dad Colby Carter (Irish) and mom Juana (Mexican).

by Anonymousreply 5503/07/2013

Wow, R55, her mom was a stunner too.

by Anonymousreply 5603/07/2013

Lynda Carter came up with the spin for the TV show. The producers were trying to figure out how to make the transformation work from a technical point of view and Carter suggested the spin - which was then incorporated into the comic strip.

by Anonymousreply 5703/07/2013

As drawn by H.G. Peter, 1940's Wonder Woman was fat and flat chested compared to the other comic book heroines; certainly compared to the sex toys that parade in comic books today. Not surprisingly, today's DC artists draw the Amazon taller, leaner, and with bigger boobs.

by Anonymousreply 5803/07/2013

R50 that's not trimmed. That was her. First of all she was very curvy but her top has boning in it and helps shape and pull her waist in. Add a large tight belt to nip in and her waist looks very tiny compared to the rest of her. When I was young I could wear a wide, tight belt and get the same effect.

by Anonymousreply 5903/07/2013

FOUND: the Sports Illustrated model who is said to be bearding for Jake Gillinhall (NO spell check, who cares?) ought to be the new Wonder Woman. Gorgeous, skewing young, slim but not skeletal, no fucked up injections in her face - she's the one. Doubtful any actress today could approach Lynda's portrayal of patient virtue, though.

by Anonymousreply 6003/07/2013

There have been several attempts at re-booting Wonder Woman over the years, but none of them worked. Lynda Carter was so perfect as Wonder Woman - she looked like she jumped right out of the comic books - that it's a very tough role to live up to, and so far no other actress has been able to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 6103/07/2013

Damn, r55, it's quite easy to see where Lynda got her looks!

by Anonymousreply 6203/07/2013

R55 That's actually Lynda's older sister. Here's one of Lynda with her mom and sister.

by Anonymousreply 6303/07/2013

R58, WW may have gained some boob size over the years, but she's also gained a lot of visible muscle. I like that.

An Amazon should not be skinny! Fit, yes, but definitely a big girl. That's one of the things I liked about Carter in the role, she wasn't thin and delicate. If anything, she needed to gain muscle.

by Anonymousreply 6403/07/2013

Jennifer Lawrence has the body type and look, but she's young.

Mandy Moore is a possibility if she put on some muscle.

by Anonymousreply 6503/07/2013

[quote]you're a fucking bitch queen. The photo came right up for the rest of us. No need for you to get so goddamned snippy with other people when your computer was failing you

And you said all that to say...?

Stay mad.

by Anonymousreply 6603/07/2013

Have you SEEN many Americans lately, OP? She would be considered anorexic now by the United States of Fatasses.

by Anonymousreply 6703/07/2013

Oh, the HORROR!

Almost as bad as the Charlie's Angels revamp.

by Anonymousreply 6803/07/2013

Looky what I can do. I can run!

by Anonymousreply 6903/07/2013

Back when I was a baby Lesbian in Elementary School I thought that Lynda Carter in "Wonder Woman" was a thing of beauty. Even though she was playing a comic book character she was always natural within her movements since she is a natural beauty.

This era sucks for such things I guess. If Lynda Carter was coming up now people would not know what to make of her because she was a natural beauty with a perfectly proportioned and implant free figure.

She aged really well and I am linking to a picture of her. She looks as though she has maintained her beauty nicely without overdoing it.

This was a really crotchety post, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 7003/07/2013

The fur coat/ciggy picture should be iconic. And this is one of the most flattering pictures of a woman ever taken.

by Anonymousreply 7103/07/2013

oh I know R53! Let's see, from her spins we saw:

The swimming outfit you posted Motorcycle outfit (sexy as heck with the helmet) Skateboarding outfit Western outfit (jodhpurs, button down blouse, her red boots, gold belt tiara and bracelets) Her dressy outfit with skirt and cape Maybe I'm imagining but I thought I remember a hang-gliding outfit

Did she spin into a white Amazon frock on her return visits to Paradise Island?

Did I miss any?

by Anonymousreply 7203/09/2013

Alexandra Daddario should play WW.

by Anonymousreply 7307/23/2013

Lynda has good genes.

by Anonymousreply 7407/23/2013

She is fucking gorgeous. I love brunettes and Lynda Carter is the epitome of a hot brunette (to me).

Beautiful smile, great figure and she had a sexy voice, too!

by Anonymousreply 7507/24/2013

Why do demented, drooling fanboys like r73 always demand complete nobodies play iconic comic book characters? No one has ever heard of this girl. She has a thin list of credits, zero reputation and a fan base of her immediate family and a handful of overweight virgins who never bathe.

Gone are the days where unknowns play iconic superheroes on the big screen. It's big money and franchise opportunity, which is what every movie actor craves. Downey Jr. Is making nine figures for playing Iron Man. Do you really think the number one super heroine of all time will be cast with a third stringer from "Burn Notice?"

Almost the entire main cast of the "Dark Knight Rises" are Oscar winners. Cavill was no superstar but had somewhat of an up-and-comer rep. Robert Redford is in the new Captain America film.

This gal may be a sweetheart, but she's no Wonder Woman. A CW series? Sure. She looks plucky and vacant like that.

But Wonder Woman needs a star. A dynamic, breathtaking actress with both skill and charisma. Not the lead from "Texas Chainsaw 3D."

Too bad Catherine Zeta--Jones hit her 40s. Or is it 29?

by Anonymousreply 7607/24/2013

How big of a name was Lynda Carter before WW?

Alexandra isn't a complete unknown.

by Anonymousreply 7707/24/2013

Yes she would be considered too fat in 2013 Hollywood. Although her waist is small, she is has big thighs for a celebrity women in this day in age. She also isn't toned, although she is slim.

by Anonymousreply 7807/24/2013

r67 OP was obviously referencing how the US media would cover her. She is far smaller than the average American TODAY. But compared to other US celebrities she IS bigger.

by Anonymousreply 7907/24/2013

I do NOT want Jennifer fucking Lawrence as Wonder Woman.

r76 Henry Cavill wasn't exactly a huge star before Man of Steel. It's being allowed to play Superman that's made him a star.

by Anonymousreply 8007/24/2013

This is the first suggestion for a new Wonder Woman that I've actually warmed to, R73 (other than Lucy Lawless when her time was right several years ago).

Never really heard of her before, but Alexandra Daddario is stunning, and with the right director, she could probably pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 8107/24/2013

Another Alexandra pic. Beautiful...

by Anonymousreply 8207/24/2013

Diana was formed from clay and made human by the gods and granted their gifts, the strength of hercules, the swiftness of hermes, the beauty of aphroditie and the mind of athena...she got the camel toe from her mom.

by Anonymousreply 8307/24/2013

Otro mas.

by Anonymousreply 8407/24/2013

Wonder Woman: The AARP Years starring America's Favorite Geriatric TM, Betty White

by Anonymousreply 8507/24/2013

Wonder Woman was never as popular as Superman or Batman, which is why DC keeps changing her every few years.

by Anonymousreply 8607/24/2013

well in the latest version Diana/WonderWoman was not fashioned from clay but her mother fucked ZEUS... Diana is the daughter of Zeus. The clay storyline was a figment of the mother's imagination.

So that means no Nubia too

by Anonymousreply 8707/24/2013

SO Hercules is her brother now? Hmm pre new 52 it was suggested Ares was her father. SO I guess Hera hates Diana now?

by Anonymousreply 8807/24/2013

Wonder Woman was created by the gods, and all of her powers come from the gods. Her lasso channels her truth power. She's a demi-god.

by Anonymousreply 9107/24/2013

[quote]Too bad Catherine Zeta--Jones hit her 40s. Or is it 29?

16, fuck you very much.

by Anonymousreply 9207/24/2013

She was fat then and she is fat now.

by Anonymousreply 9307/24/2013

Alexandra was in the first season of White Collar as Bomer's girlfriend. They didn't have much chemistry together, but I don't think that was Alexandra's fault.

She has the right build and face shape to play WW.

by Anonymousreply 9407/24/2013

Lynda Carter is 62 today!

by Anonymousreply 9507/24/2013

Happy Birthday!

by Anonymousreply 9607/24/2013

Jennifer Lawrence could do it.

by Anonymousreply 9707/24/2013

R97 No. She couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 9807/24/2013

Charlize could easily pull off WW and I thought that long before did Hancock.

by Anonymousreply 9907/24/2013

R98 - Why not? She has the body, a nice face, the talent. She can do action and campy humor.

by Anonymousreply 10007/24/2013

r100 Wonder Woman is not about "campy humor." And Wonder Woman is not a pudgy, blonde, pale, Midwestern girl.

She's essentially a Greek goddess and the material, when handled properly, should be epic and reflect that. Jennifer Lawrence, may be a lovely girl, but she in no way resembles a Greek goddess. Her looks are straight out of an Alabama trailer park.

WW is far more "300" than some moronic camp fest. Superhero movies are no longer played for camp and audiences and longtime fans categorically reject that approach.

The Lynda Carter show was not played for camp, either. It was played straight, albeit with the 70s style and aesthetic that is now viewed as camp. The "Batman" show was played specifically as camp and it took decades to wash off the stench and for the character to be taken seriously by mainstream audiences.

Go watch "Mame" if you want camp. Wonder Woman deserves serious treatment.

by Anonymousreply 10107/24/2013

There was some camp in the Lynda Carter version, though not nearly as much as Batman.

Jennifer is not a stick, but she's far from pudgy. She has a wasp waist with full bust and hips. Her hips might be a tad larger than Lynda's, but they aren't that different in size or shape. I'm not sure what Jennifer's natural hair color is, but she looks really good as a brunette.

by Anonymousreply 10207/24/2013

Jennifer Lawrence is a fug, trashy bitch. Stop sucking her clit.

by Anonymousreply 10307/24/2013

r102 Jennifer Lawrence Troll.

r103 Far closer to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 10407/25/2013

There were studies done about this. The perception of an ideal woman figure is regressing them back to the shape of an infant, large head on a body too small and fragile to hold it up. Personally, I see the perception is to push them into the shape of a 12 year old boy. I regret to say this is probably because the fashion industry is pretty much controlled by gay men who have a distorted twink-like view of what a woman should look like, the perfect twink, and women are apparently stupid enough to buy into it.

by Anonymousreply 10507/25/2013

R104 - very bitter.

by Anonymousreply 10607/25/2013

r106 Cutting magazine clippings of Jennifer Lawrence with rusty scissors while dancing tucked, Buffalo Bill style.

by Anonymousreply 10707/25/2013

you know what? Except for the choker on the neck (it's unnecessary) I like the New 52 version of Wonder Woman in terms of her costume and her storylines...

by Anonymousreply 10807/25/2013

ooops forgot to post a link of the New 52 Wonder Woman. They should create a movie of her in this costume

by Anonymousreply 10907/25/2013

R107 That's actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 11007/25/2013

Better Charlize Theron than Jennifer Lawrence. Lawrence is a nice young woman, and Wonder Woman is not a nice young woman, she's a fucking GODDESS.

Charlize can bring that divinity, if she's on, and she's tall, strong, and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 11107/25/2013

Charlize would have to do some weight training.

by Anonymousreply 11207/25/2013

Women don't do well in super hero films, unless they are damsels in distress or the hero's girl friends.

by Anonymousreply 11307/26/2013

Lynda Carter looks incredible for a woman in her early 60's. That can't be all-natural, can it?

by Anonymousreply 11407/26/2013

R113 - See Supergirl

by Anonymousreply 11507/26/2013

"By Pluto's mighty serpent!"

by Anonymousreply 11607/27/2013

Lyle says "Hello!", R116.

by Anonymousreply 11707/27/2013

Agree with R112. Charlize has a flat butt and very skinny legs, especially her lower legs that appear to have no muscle. She gets by with it in regular clothes, but the WW costume would not do her any favors.

I remember reading that when the Catwoman costume was created for Michelle Pfeiffer, it included a substantial amount of padding to disguise her flat anorectic ass. I'm not sure that would be possible with WW.

Given the current penchant for anorexia among actresses, butt padding has probably become the norm, but WW would be photographed from many angles and the actress who plays her would spend most of her time in the WW costume. It would seem problematical to hire any actress who doesn't have the right kind of body to carry it off.

by Anonymousreply 11807/27/2013

R119 - Jennifer Lawrence has an ample ass, the height, and the boobs. Mandy Moore also has the curves (though she'd need weight training).

by Anonymousreply 11907/27/2013

Mandy Moore can't act, why the fuck would you ever suggest her?

by Anonymousreply 12007/27/2013

Mandy can act. She was good in Dedication.

by Anonymousreply 12107/27/2013

Please don't suggest CZJ! I won't even complain that she's in her early 50s. My issue is she has straight hips. You can't be a goddess if you don't even have a curvy figure. You can have a thin curvy figure, but you gotta have all the curves, at least.

Also, sorry to say, Charlize is getting a little long in the tooth to be a superheroine (RDJ can do it because we're fine with older men, but we as a society like our women barely of age).

Lynda looks like she hasn't had any work. My partner is her age, and the amount of softness and sag in her facial skin and skin on her body is just about right for a natural progression through life (good for her!).

by Anonymousreply 12207/27/2013

Wow, you are so naive r122. There's no way she hasn't had work done.

by Anonymousreply 12307/27/2013

Mandy is cute, but doesn't have the face of a goddess.

I know she's old, but wouldn't it be funny to see Sofia Vergara as WW? Spanish accent, throaty voice and humongous tits.

I think we should change this thread's content to hilarious possibilities for WW. Like Kelly Osborne, for instance (I know, scratch your eyes out).

by Anonymousreply 12407/27/2013

[quote]wouldn't it be funny to see Sofia Vergara as WW?

Uhm, no.

by Anonymousreply 12507/27/2013

My vote is for Katee Sackhoff. She can act, she's good-looking, and she projects a great combination of toughness and vulnerability. She also has a strong body and knows how to use her physicality.

by Anonymousreply 12607/27/2013

I think Katee is a little short - she's only about 5'5". Tricia Helfer, if she beefed up, would be a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 12707/27/2013

Wonder Woman spins

by Anonymousreply 12807/27/2013

"Who told you to kill Diana Prince?"

by Anonymousreply 12907/27/2013

She is absolutely GORGEOUS! I have always thought of her as an epitome of beauty. Stunning woman.

by Anonymousreply 13007/27/2013

R130 - Yes, she is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 13107/28/2013

Is she drinking again? She sounds terrible on that Anderson Live appearance..

by Anonymousreply 13207/28/2013

Lynda was great as Diana/WW during the ABC run (WW2 era) and she and Lyle had great chemistry. There was a real sweetness to Lynda's acting and she played both roles with just the right amount of humor.

Didn't care for the switch to CBS and the modern day (70s). They phased out Lyle as Steve Trevor Jr. and the Diana character became irritating and smug.

by Anonymousreply 13307/28/2013

When in the hell will they be making a WW movie? They keep rehashing the same shit over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 13407/28/2013

Did tthe same bunch of writers handle the first season and the subsequent ones? Why the shift in time frame?

by Anonymousreply 13507/30/2013

ABC didn't renew the show after the first season, so CBS picked it up with the stipulation that they update the show to the modern-day. That's why the change occured. And since Wonder Woman is conveniently immortal, it was an easy thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 13607/30/2013

Why didn't ABC renew?

by Anonymousreply 13707/30/2013

I don't know why ABC didn't renew, because the ratings were solid and the show got a lot of press. After two seasons at CBS, the network abruptly cancelled the show even though the ratings were still good. Maybe another poster could answer this. Lynda Carter has said in interviews that getting cancelled was a shock to her and she wished the series had gone on for a couple of more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 13807/30/2013

[quote]Lynda was great as Diana/WW during the ABC run (WW2 era) and she and Lyle had great chemistry. There was a real sweetness to Lynda's acting and she played both roles with just the right amount of humor.

I agree, one reason I prefer the ABC version.

R138 I recall reading that the then head of ABC, Fred Silverman (?), said they had too many comic-strip types of shows, in which he included the high-rated Happy Days.

So the rights to certain shows were sold: Wonder Woman to CBS and Bionic Woman to NBC.

ABC held onto the rights for Wonder Woman for a long time, not wanting another network to get it. They made showed it as periodic specials, until NBC announced--prematurely--WW would be on their 76-77 Fall schedule. ABC exercised their contract rights and made more episodes.

Ultimately, they didn't renew it and CBS got it. NBC had tried for years to get it and finally did in 2011, only to reject the pilot as too expensive to do on a weekly basis, due to the digital SFX, not--as widely reported--due to the quality of the product or the general conception of the character.

by Anonymousreply 13907/30/2013

DC lists Wonder Woman as one of the Trinity but in reality she is not as popular as Superman or Batman. She actually belongs with DC's second tier heroes, like Green Lantern or The Flash.

by Anonymousreply 14007/30/2013

She's above The Flash or Green Lantern.

by Anonymousreply 14107/30/2013

r141 Agreed. Rampant fanboy misogyny - and far too many subpar creators - are why her sales have always been challenging.

Comic books cater to power fantasies: the reader is supposed to "relate" to the lead character. Already awkward boys - and men - are reticent to embrace WW because that would threaten their already eggshell-fragile masculinity.

She's a fantastic character. The Golden Age version was one of the wildest and most organically progressive characters in comic book history. And she sold huge back then.

Then they turned her into a sexless virgin and removed all that was fantastic and she's struggled ever since.

Grant Morrison's "Wonder Woman: Year One" aims to rectify that.

Crossing fingers.

by Anonymousreply 14207/31/2013

Are all the female comic book nerds reading Marvel, then?

I mean, Marvel had Storm kicking Cyclops out of the Chief X-Man spot, back when I last read the things.

by Anonymousreply 14307/31/2013

r140 - but in pop culture, WW is known alongside Superman and Batman the definition of Superhero. When you say "comicbook superhero", you reference this trio. Only BBT guys would argue the likes of Green Lantern The Flash or Green Arrow. Everybody and their dog across the generational landscape knows WW.

by Anonymousreply 14407/31/2013

[quote]DC lists Wonder Woman as one of the Trinity but in reality she is not as popular as Superman or Batman

Only because movie studios are full of assholes who keep making Batman and Superman movies, but heaven forbid they make WW.

by Anonymousreply 14507/31/2013

To the general public, WW is still a popular iconic hero. She's still a part of the everyday lexicon. To the isolated rabid comic book guys, Green Lantern is more popular. Green Lantern's foray into the film world bombed. No one was interested. A well-done treatment of WW would do better - if just out of nostalgia and pop culture interest.

They should go with an unknown like they did with Carter - someone who isn't associated with another role or public persona.

by Anonymousreply 14607/31/2013

Alexandra Daddario fits the description of a relative unknown who has the acting experience, as well as fitting the WW look.

by Anonymousreply 14707/31/2013

r147 No.

by Anonymousreply 14807/31/2013

R148, get back down in the basement and leave the smart kids alone!

by Anonymousreply 14907/31/2013

r149 Try putting down your copy of InTouch, dear. Those aren't actors or movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 15007/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 15108/26/2013

Well? What do we think about the new Wonder Woman short?

by Anonymousreply 15210/01/2013

that was great! It's what a new movie or show should focus on. Her time as an amazon and her life in "Man's World".

That new wonder woman pilot had it all wrong. Diana as a business excec??!!

by Anonymousreply 15310/01/2013

Diana should be a congressional aide.

by Anonymousreply 15410/01/2013

I think Diana should be CIA. An international spy (a la James Bond), but with those special powers to crack difficult and dangerous cases. She'd be a dangerous opponent.

by Anonymousreply 15510/01/2013

Sounds absolutely dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 15610/01/2013

WB should have been working on producing something like this rather than some stupid Batman vs. Superman plot. And yes, I could totally see Joe Manganiello playing Ares, God of War.

by Anonymousreply 15710/01/2013

What about Mandy Moore?

by Anonymousreply 15810/01/2013

r158 Oh, you're serious. I thought you were making a sarcastic casting recommendation, seeing as Diana is essentially a statuesque Greek goddess and not an overgrown girl scout from the suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 15910/01/2013

R158, Mandy may be tall but she just doesn't have enough presence or strength to play Wonder Woman. If Charlize were younger, she'd be ideal.

by Anonymousreply 16010/01/2013

Alexandra Daddario would be absolute perfection.

by Anonymousreply 16110/01/2013

Mandy has the presence to pull it off. She can play against type as shown by her appearance in HIMYM.

by Anonymousreply 16210/01/2013

I love Charlize, but I don't see her as Wonder Woman. Were Sandra Bullock taller and fuller on top, this would have been perfect for her 10-15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 16310/01/2013

I like her with the American flag costume. Let's not go too Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 16410/01/2013

[quote]And yes, I could totally see Joe Manganiello playing Ares, God of War

I almost laughed this it was another DL Joe M joke..but honestly I could see it.

And yes, Wonder Woman should definitely be brought into the movies. Given the huge superhero cluster fuck we are in currently it is definitely shameful no one has tried to do Wonder Woman (Green Lantern over WW? Really?)

by Anonymousreply 16510/01/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 16610/01/2013

There was a short film up on YouTube the other day done as a Wonder Woman demo. I thought it was really great. I don't know who the actress was, but she looked more like Wonder Woman to me than any of the actresses that I've seen suggested.

by Anonymousreply 16710/01/2013

r161 Good grief, give it up!

by Anonymousreply 16810/01/2013

R166 do you really think they should keep her in the patriotic one-piece and hooker boots? Wouldn't it be more practical, and less whorish, to put her in a Xena/Gladiator style outfit?

by Anonymousreply 16910/01/2013

The old school costume is too dated. It either looks like she's wearing granny panties or a thong.

Either something updated for the times or something like a Greek warrior's armor would be more appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 17010/01/2013

[quote] I love Charlize, but I don't see her as Wonder Woman. Were Sandra Bullock taller and fuller on top, this would have been perfect for her 10-15 years ago.

Charlize is tall, regal, exudes strength and she's GORGEOUS. Just like Uma Thurman, she would have nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 17110/01/2013

Video on YouTube

by Anonymousreply 17210/01/2013

I guess #1 looks best, but there's something I'm kind of digging about #3

by Anonymousreply 17310/01/2013

I take it you don't like Alexandra Dadarrio, R168? Care to suggest any of your own? Or do you only bitch about the ones you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 17410/01/2013

ORIGINAL Wonder Woman Pilot (1967) - WTF?

by Anonymousreply 17510/01/2013

Rileah Vanderbilt

by Anonymousreply 17610/01/2013

The David E. Kelley version(s) tried to follow the original--she even had an assistant named Etta Candy and an unrequited love named Steve Trevor.

They changed the costume three times DURING filming due to internet backlash. Thus WW is actually shown in three similar costumes.

In the end, her outfit looked much like Carter's, only more revealing.

by Anonymousreply 17710/01/2013

Why does WW have to have a "realistic" costume? She's a goddess, not the girl next door. Sure it should be tweaked, but it doesn't need to look like a run of the mill jumpsuit or a pantsuit! She SHOULD look like the ideal, the inspiration.

Outside comic book geekdom, more people know WW than Thor, but his movie was a big hit, had all the mythology and gods and they weren't putting him in a jump suit and making him a "relatable" guy next door.

I've always wanted to see someone like Monica Bellucci (from 20 years ago) in the role, but I saw that Percy Jackson movie the other day while I was babysitting and I agree, Alexandra Daddario would be good.

by Anonymousreply 17810/01/2013

Now THIS Diana definitely has a lesbian vibe.

by Anonymousreply 17910/01/2013

Khloe needs a job ...

by Anonymousreply 18010/01/2013

MOAR Alexandra Daddario!

by Anonymousreply 18110/01/2013

Alexandra Daddario appreciation thread (page 1)

by Anonymousreply 18210/01/2013

Daddario = BORING

by Anonymousreply 18310/01/2013

Tyler Perry AS Medea AS Wonder Woman!

by Anonymousreply 18410/01/2013

They should go with the traditional costume, but with the removable skirt like Lynda wore in the WWII version of WW. Plus the cape. Classic Wonder Woman all the way!

by Anonymousreply 18510/01/2013

Daddario is also too short and too skinny. Wonder Woman has to kick ass and this girl simply wouldn't believable tossing 210 lb men around like rag dolls.

by Anonymousreply 18610/01/2013

I loved the Wonder Woman cape. But Lynda didn't rock that too often.

by Anonymousreply 18710/01/2013

Daddario is listed as 5'8". Beefing up is fairly easy.

by Anonymousreply 18810/02/2013

I am 100% prime gay male, but I swear to God I would have fucked the shit out of Lynda Carter in the '70s. She was one hot looking specimen.

by Anonymousreply 18910/02/2013

r188 = PR agent or stalker.

by Anonymousreply 19010/02/2013

The skirt really worked on Lynda because it covered up her saddle bags and all you saw were those big buzzooms and incredible legs. She was impressive and will be hard to equal as WW. It would have been interesting to see Joanna Cassidy's take on WW, seeing as how she was one of the actresses considered. WW would have been seriously butch.

by Anonymousreply 19110/02/2013

Look, the Kelley production proved no one wants a dark, introspective Wonder Woman.

I think the Cavill version will fail for the same reason.

Batman is dark. Superman and Wonder Woman are characters bringing light and hope to the world.

by Anonymousreply 19210/02/2013

r158 - No. Not Blandy Bore. She's cute and inoffensive, but she doesn't have the charisma or the physique, apart from the height.

by Anonymousreply 19310/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 19410/09/2013

R191 - Lynda did not have saddlebags.

R193 - Mandy has the charisma. She also has a kind face. As for the physique, she could work out.

by Anonymousreply 19510/09/2013

Not fat anymore: Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman.

by Anonymousreply 19612/04/2013

No, she's skinny.

by Anonymousreply 19712/04/2013

If Kelly Brook had an ounce of talent, she might have been good in the role.

by Anonymousreply 19812/04/2013

Minka Kelly has the look.

by Anonymousreply 19912/04/2013

She had thigh bulges R95. Deal with it. She wasn't perfect. Damn close, but not perfect.

by Anonymousreply 20012/10/2013

What on Earth are they thinking with this Gal Gadot person?! She's anorexic and a plain Jane. And, having seen her appearances in the "Fast and Furious" movies, she's entirely unmemorable and a horrible actress. In all the world, this is the closest they could come to Wonder Woman??

by Anonymousreply 20112/10/2013

[quote]Also, sorry to say, Charlize is getting a little long in the tooth to be a superheroine (RDJ can do it because we're fine with older men, but we as a society like our women barely of age).

And nothing will ever change as long as we continue to accept this double standard.

by Anonymousreply 20212/10/2013

I can see Chalize as a superhero even now, just not WW. Charlize is more ice queen than girl next door,

by Anonymousreply 20312/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 20412/10/2013

R204 - Mandy isn't a Jesus chick, she only payed one in Saved.

by Anonymousreply 20512/10/2013

Mandy Moore is indeed a Jesus chick in real life.

But she's a big tall girl who isn't as emaciated as many actresses, which is probably why she gets mentioned for WW. Same for Charlize (here shown with tiny Kristen Stewart and big Chris Hemsworth, for comparison). She's a big strong gal, even if she's nothing like Wonder Woman.

by Anonymousreply 20612/10/2013

Mandy doesn't talk about religion and she married bad boy Ryan Adams. She is full bodied for an acress. She also has a kindly face.

by Anonymousreply 20712/10/2013

Me TV starts airing Wonder Woman this weekend.

The 90 minute pilot episode airs on Friday at 8 p.m. Then the first 60 minute episode, "Wonder Woman Meets Baroness Von Gunther" airs Saturday at 8 p.m.

Subsequent episodes air every Saturday at 8 p.m., followed by Star Trek original series.

by Anonymousreply 20812/26/2013

I think the pilot is better than most of the season 1 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 20912/26/2013

The way some gay guys go on, Twiggy would have been a real porker.

by Anonymousreply 21012/26/2013

Did anyone watch the pilot tonight? It was really hokey but fun. I'm definitely going to keep watching. Cloris Leachman was so over-the-top as WW's mother. And the Paradise Island sets were hilariously off. A tropical island, and the fruit bowl has apples, oranges, and bananas in it? Ferns in hanging baskets? But Lyle was looking good shirtless, and Lynda was so endearing.

by Anonymousreply 21112/27/2013

[quote]Subsequent episodes air every Saturday at 8 p.m., followed by Star Trek original series.

I wish they had moved Batman to 6, put WW on at 7, and left Lost in Space at 8, but at least LIS was just moved to midnight and not taken off the schedule.

As R211 said, the WW pilot was pretty hokey but entertaining. (I'm sure the subsequent episodes of the series were a vast improvement.) And Lynda Carter was one insanely gorgeous woman.

by Anonymousreply 21212/27/2013

MeTV should also dig up the Wonder Woman movie from earlier in the 70s with Cathy Lee Crosby. I think it might have been a pilot, too, for a much different version of the story but was not picked up to series like the Lynda Carter version (which came along a few years after).

by Anonymousreply 21312/27/2013

R210 - Cloris was so much fun, though.

by Anonymousreply 21412/27/2013

r213 Aside from the name, that Cathy Lee Crosby movie bore little resemblance to the Wonder Woman of DC Comics.

I remember as a kid being so excited about a Wonder Woman movie and bitterly, bitterly disappointed with that Cathy Lee Crosby movie. (think of the Hallie Berry Catwoman movie and its total disregard foe the DC mythos).

I kept thinking, why are they making a movie and calling it Wonder Woman but not using the history established in the comics. And also wondering why DC Comics ever let this thing get made using the Wonder Woman name.

So a year of so later when the Linda Carter pilot came along, I was in heaven because it was true to the comics.

by Anonymousreply 21512/28/2013

R194 Carter's husband was partners with Democratic Party consigliere Clark Clifford, and was involved in the BCCI scandal with him.

So they likely have a buck or two.

by Anonymousreply 21612/28/2013

Wonder Woman today would be considered a lesbian, not fat.

Sad but true reality for today's society is that women are expected to be emaciated with giant tits, who can never ever ever be a good as a man (since a woman's only purpose is to be eye candy for the men)

by Anonymousreply 21712/28/2013

Watching the first regular episode now on Me-TV and I'm immediately reminded, even after 30 years, of the one thing that always irritated me about the show: Wonder Woman constantly having to rescue Steve Trevor's dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 21812/28/2013

Steve was not he sharpest knife in the drawer.

by Anonymousreply 21912/28/2013

But Lyle Waggoner was so gorgeous!

He fueled plenty of my fantasies as a baby gay.

by Anonymousreply 22012/28/2013

If I remember correctly, in the later seasons Steve Trevor is relegated to being a lesser character/presence on the show.

by Anonymousreply 22112/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 22212/28/2013

r222 Lyle was born in 1935, so he would have been 40 when the pilot shot.

Yes, his 40 looks older than say Ben Affleck's 41 or Matthew McConaughey's 44.

But Lyle looks like a man. Ben, Matthew and the rest come across as aging adolescents.

by Anonymousreply 22312/28/2013

I was watching one of the third season episodes about a scientist who invents a tool that controls the actions of people and then uses it to alter outcomes of football games. The plotting was quite mediocre and the nature of the device changed midway through the episode.

by Anonymousreply 22402/09/2014

Sword fighting first episode of second season.

by Anonymousreply 22505/31/2014

I just watched an episode on ME TV. It was so campy but watching it brings back floods of memories. The stuntwork is so bad. It was obviously men doing the WW stunts at times.

by Anonymousreply 22605/31/2014

Which episode R226?

by Anonymousreply 22705/31/2014

The one with the diabolical toymaker who cloned WW.

by Anonymousreply 22805/31/2014

You know that any discussion of Lyle Waggoner is invariably going to lead to this:

by Anonymousreply 22905/31/2014

I'll bet his dick is HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 23005/31/2014

R228 - That episode was campy.

by Anonymousreply 23105/31/2014

Campy and fun.

by Anonymousreply 23206/01/2014

Lynda is svelte here.

by Anonymousreply 23306/07/2014

and you gay men wonder why so many "straight" women and lesbians come here. Stop catering to their stuff and be mean to the opposite sex like LCHAT. No wonder why lesbians don't have men invading their space and good for them

by Anonymousreply 23406/07/2014

[quote]I just watched an episode on ME TV. It was so campy but watching it brings back floods of memories. The stuntwork is so bad. It was obviously men doing the WW stunts at times.

Though I hate to compare them, I always thought BIONIC WOMAN was a much better series and has aged much better than WONDER WOMAN (they've been showing BW episodes for about a year now on COZI TV). Perhaps WW being based on a comic book meant the campiness was unavoidable (BW, which also had its campy moments, had a more science-based feel to it) but one show definitely aged better than the other.

Still love Lynda and Lindsay equally, however.

by Anonymousreply 23506/07/2014

I turned the show on this evening and she had popped into a skin-diver's suit, and the walked towards the camera as if she were going to take a dive into the water.

And Lynda had the most enormous, divided camel toe I've ever seen outside a Walmart. It was SPECTACULAR.

Amazing they didn't cut it. Considering that every other woman in a bathing suit or tight bottom from the 1920s through the 1990s had as smooth a crotch as Barbie (Did they glue the labia together and spackle over it?), HOW did this slip by the censors? You could have slipped an Unabridged Webster's in that slot.

by Anonymousreply 23606/07/2014

R235 - Did you see Lindsay in Warehouse 13?

by Anonymousreply 23706/07/2014

R237, I've never been a regular viewer of "Warehouse 13" but did catch one episode with Lindsay in it (it's been a while; about 2 or 3 years ago I'm guessing). She was only in it for a couple of minutes as I recall. Was she a regular?

She's aged, of course, but still looks great.

by Anonymousreply 23806/08/2014

My 3 favorite ladies from my 70s childhood(Yes, I'm a dyke)....

Lynda Carter, Lindsay Wagner, and Jaclyn Smith.

Just love strong, kind women!!!!

by Anonymousreply 23906/08/2014

by Anonymousreply 24006/08/2014

I used to call that version of her WATER WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 24106/08/2014

Thanks R240

by Anonymousreply 24206/10/2014

This episode with Henry Gibson has got to be the gayest episode of any series in the history of television.

by Anonymousreply 24306/14/2014

Which one is that R243?

by Anonymousreply 24406/14/2014

Henry Gibson is playing this psychotic queen in purple silk and a bad fright wig who's kidnapping athletes to fight for his fake country in the Olympics.

Truly must be seen to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 24506/14/2014

[quote]This episode with Henry Gibson has got to be the gayest episode of any series in the history of television.

You must not have seen the WW episode starring the venerable Charles Pierce.

by Anonymousreply 24606/15/2014

Good call, R246! I guess you could say WW really gave us great gay TV.

by Anonymousreply 24706/15/2014

Good one R246

by Anonymousreply 24806/15/2014

lyle waggoner was a good actor on wonder woman and a bit less comical on the carol burnette show.

by Anonymousreply 24904/09/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!