Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay Couple Attacked with Wrench Over Pink Poodle’s ‘Un-American’ Color

A gay couple in Oregon says it was their pink poodle Beauty who prompted a man to violently attack them in broad daylight last Friday.

David Beltier and Jeremy Mark were near a strip mall in Hillsboro with Beauty when 22-year-old George Allen Mason, Jr. allegedly spotted them and began hurling homophobic slurs in their direction.

"Your poodle is a weird color and that's just un-American," Mark recalled the suspect saying. "Fuck you, you fags." At that, Mason allegedly stepped out of his SUV, and began assaulting Beltier with his fists.

"After that, he turns around, he goes back to his car, runs back to his car and brings out this long wrench-looking crowbar tool or something like that, and he comes back after me," Beltier told KATU.

Mason reportedly got a few strikes in before passing motorists chased him away.

"If I didn't hear all the other people honking, all the people seeing what was going on, he could have probably severely hurt me, maybe even killed me right there and then," Beltier said.

Eyewitness who grabbed the licence plate number off Mason's 1997 Land Rover helped police track him down to a nearby parking lot where he was arrested early Saturday morning along with his girlfriend, Saraya Gardner.

"I'm so grateful for the community," said Beltier. "If it wasn't for a lot of the witnesses and all the community people, it probably could have been really disastrous."

Police did advise Beltier to remove the Kool-Air dye from Beauty's fur "for his safety," but Beltier declined, saying "he doesn't want the attacker to win and have control over his life."

by Anonymousreply 3303/08/2013

I wonder what would have happened if the dog had been dyed red, white and blue.

by Anonymousreply 503/06/2013

Meth head attacker.

by Anonymousreply 603/06/2013

What are these homophobic rednecks doing in liberal Oregon?

by Anonymousreply 703/06/2013

[quote]I wonder what would have happened if the dog had been dyed red, white and blue.

He would have said that the fairy dog and its fairy owners were insulting the flag and proceeded to administer the beating.

by Anonymousreply 803/06/2013

I'm glad people chased the guy off.

by Anonymousreply 903/06/2013

Poor dog.

"Liberal Oregon?" Outside the few major cities of Oregon and Washington states lies seemingly endless Redneckia.

by Anonymousreply 1003/06/2013

Hillsboro is a suburb of Portland. In Tanasbourne, where the assault took place, there are a lot of middle class tech workers, but there are definitely some scuzzbags mixed in (due to the service work available for them).

Most of the trash are housed in the plethora of apartment complexes that surround the area, or from deeper into the redneck areas of Hillsboro proper, Forest Park, and Banks...Banks is off-the-chart trashy!

This is only a few miles downhill from where Kyron Horton disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 1103/06/2013

Red, White and Blue - pink is actually 2/3 American, so ...

by Anonymousreply 1203/06/2013

The attack had nothing to do with the dog, even though that's what got the attacker's attention. He would not have beaten down some Granny with a pink poodle.

by Anonymousreply 1303/06/2013

Is being an inbred caveman more American?

And shut up already about people coloring their dogs with KOOL-AID! It doesn't harm them, the dog has no clue what color it is, and basks in the attention, no doubt. There are many worse and cruel things done to dogs everywhere, all the time.

I'm quite certain my black lab didn't know what color he was. Find something else to twist your undies over.

by Anonymousreply 1403/06/2013

If a man brings a pink poodle to some areas, he's also better have a gun in his purse.

by Anonymousreply 1503/06/2013

Does the attacker own a cake shop, by chance?

by Anonymousreply 1603/07/2013

[quote]I wonder what would have happened if the dog had been dyed red, white and blue.

The guy would have said, "Your dog looks like a fourth of July! Makes me wanna hot dog reeeeeal bad."

by Anonymousreply 1703/07/2013

happens in New York all the time

by Anonymousreply 1803/07/2013

At first I read it as wench and thought 'is she ok? can she still serve beer?'. Yeah, I know, priorities.

by Anonymousreply 1903/07/2013

What kind of assholes are on this thread in the first few responses? Get the fuck back to Freeperville.

Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 2003/07/2013

Agree R20. This is not a joke. And it has nothing to do with the dog. The guy saw the dog and concluded the owners must be gay, and therefore, he felt he had the right to beat them up.

This is no different from saying a woman asked to be raped because of the clothes she wore.

Thankfully, he was just a single individual in a community of right-minded people.

by Anonymousreply 2103/07/2013

Those fucking breeders had better be charged with attempted murder. Sick fucks.

by Anonymousreply 2203/07/2013

There is no justification for attacking others, but I recoil at the thought of someone dying their pet pink. Why would anyone do something Like that?

by Anonymousreply 2303/07/2013

Yes it was a Popeye cartoon. Popeye was walking a sissy poodle and Bluto was walking a bulldog and the Bluto beat the shit out of Popeye and the bulldog beat the shit out of the poodle

Till Popeye took roids (AKA spinach)

by Anonymousreply 2503/08/2013

What would be American in color? Red, white, and blue?

by Anonymousreply 2603/08/2013

Is there some particular reason that a poodle is required to have an "American" color? And how is pink un-American? Is the dog like a pinko Commie?

by Anonymousreply 2703/08/2013

R12, you seem to be suggesting that the most completely American color is lavender.

Stretches credulity to suggest that a cretin like that attacker would say "your poodle's a weird color," rather than "your dog...." Maybe it's just a tin ear.

by Anonymousreply 2903/08/2013

They should be attacked (with words) for using their dog in such a way to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 3303/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!