Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

George Nader

Hunky gay actor most prolific in the '50s and '60s. George and his lover were very close friend to Rock Hudson, and Rock left George the interest to his estate after his death. After a car accident left him with eye damage, George was unable to continue his acting career and became a writer. Has anyone read his 1978 sci-fi book "Chrome" about a futuristic gay love affair?

by Anonymousreply 1603/07/2013

When Confidential magazine was going to out Rock, the studio made a deal. They offered-up George for the article.

by Anonymousreply 103/06/2013

Nader was one hot hunk of man with a nice build and perfect hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 203/06/2013

He looked good in and out of clothes.

by Anonymousreply 303/06/2013

very good-looking man. here with rock

by Anonymousreply 603/07/2013

I like the way you think, R5.

by Anonymousreply 703/07/2013

I hate him since he handed the election to GW Bush

by Anonymousreply 803/07/2013

He was offered up as a "sacrifice" to Confidential magazine so that Rock Hudson wasn't outed. It was a horrible, horrible trade-off and ruined Nader's chances for stardom. I think both Nader and Hudson were Henry Wilson discoveries? Anyway, Nader did many B movies and TV shows back in the day, including a memorable turn on the Andy Griffith Show as Ellie the druggist' brother who comes to Mayberry to visit and Andy and Barney mistake him for her suitor, thereby making Andy jealous.

by Anonymousreply 903/07/2013

Had beautiful muscular hairy legs too.

by Anonymousreply 1003/07/2013

His partner was Rock Hudson's longtime secretary, and they were pretty much Rock's family.

by Anonymousreply 1103/07/2013

But what was the results of his being "offered up" to Confidential? What does that even mean?

Did Confidential out him as gay? Didn't George's acting career continue well into the 1960s?

Clearly, I don't get quite what happened!

by Anonymousreply 1203/07/2013

Are they going to make a film?

by Anonymousreply 1303/07/2013

[quote] I hate him since he handed the election to GW Bush

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1403/07/2013

He looked like a butcher version of Farley Granger.

by Anonymousreply 1503/07/2013

R1, R9, George Nader denied that this ever happened. When People magazine printed that story after Hudson's death, George contacted them and told them that Confidential never printed such an article, and that he was never sacrificed by Universal to save Rock's career. George was a second-tier actor who headlined B movies throughout the '50s. His film career never really took off beyond those crap films, so he left Universal in 1958, did a couple of television series, then headed to Germany where he became a big film star. In fact, he was the second most popular film star in Germany in the 1960s, after fellow American Lex Barker. It's doubtful that this would've happened had the Germans been aware of Nader's homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 1603/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.