Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Taras Bulba is on Some Cable Channel

What on earth made Hollywood think there was a market for the story of infighting among Zaporozhian Cossacks?

by Anonymousreply 1003/06/2013

Some of the accents sound like Dan Akroyd as the super-cool czechoslovakian Festrunk brother.

by Anonymousreply 103/06/2013

It was 1962 and Brynner needed a role.

He really wanted to do a musical but Mama Rose and Marian Peru were already cast.

by Anonymousreply 203/06/2013

An even worse one is Kings of the Sun from 1963 where Yul is a Native American and non-actors George Chakiris and Shirley Anne Field (British starlet) are both expressionless as Inca or is it Maya royalty who flee from the bad people. It is an absolute hoot and so bad its just bad.

by Anonymousreply 303/06/2013

Poor Christine Kaufmann - had a promising European career and gave it up to be the next Mrs Tony Curtis - which did not last long. Trust she had a good retirement pension.

by Anonymousreply 403/06/2013

That movie broke up my parents' happy marriage!

by Anonymousreply 503/06/2013

[quote] It is an absolute hoot and so bad its just bad.

Exact thought I had. The movie is on now and I said, "This movie is so bad that it's bad."

Maybe that's why the network is called THIS TV. This is baaad.

Apparent today is Yul Brenner Stinker Day. And Yul Brenner made enough stinkers.

by Anonymousreply 603/06/2013

I guess it's good that what Jamie Lee Curtis has (androgen insensitivity syndrome) is not inherited, since the patient cannot have children.

by Anonymousreply 703/06/2013

In my country, I am hetman.

By the way, we propped up the Romanovs for a couple of centuries.

They paid handsomely.

by Anonymousreply 803/06/2013

You will be taken to the stone sacrifice. And thereafter you will dwell with the gods for all eternity.

by Anonymousreply 903/06/2013

Yondah lies da castle of my fadduh.

by Anonymousreply 1003/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.