Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

UK Dataloungers Which UK TV show will have the best chance to be Americanized for US TV this fall?

The following UK TV shows will be Americanized for the US audience. UK Dataloungers which show has the best chance of making it?

Second Sight: Based on the U.K. series of the same name. The gothic psychological thriller. Will star Jason Lee

The Tomorrow People: Tells the story of several young people from around the world who have super powers. Cast: Robbie Amell, Peyton List, Mark Pellegrino

Gavin & Stacey: friends and family are the best support and the worst nightmare when two very different lovers. Cast: Jason Ritter, Alexis Bledel

The Gates: Gates revolves around the parents and staff who navigate the twice-daily social landmine that exists at the school drop-off gates of an elementary school. Ken Marino, Aasif Mandvi, Greg Germann

About a Boy: An adaptation of Nick Hornby's novel and the 2002 Hugh Grant feature film. Cast David Walton, Minnie Driver, Benjamin Stockham

Which should us Americans be most excited about UK Dataloungers?

by Anonymousreply 703/08/2013

[quote]About a Boy: An adaptation of Nick Hornby's novel and the 2002 Hugh Grant feature film. Cast David Walton, Minnie Driver, Benjamin Stockham

Cast David Walton in anything, and I have to watch.

by Anonymousreply 103/06/2013

anybody else?

by Anonymousreply 203/07/2013

Is The Tomorrow People supposed to be the American version of Misfits?

by Anonymousreply 303/07/2013

Sounds like it. If so, it won't have the Welsh fuckability of the UK's pint sized studmuffin Irwan Rheon.

by Anonymousreply 403/07/2013

The Tomorrow People used to come on Nickelodeon back in the early days.

by Anonymousreply 503/07/2013

The Tomorrow People was a children's sci-fi show from the 70s. I hope that the hairdos are preserved in the transfer.

by Anonymousreply 603/08/2013

I don't watch any of those but I've heard of Gavin & Stacy - which seems like it's filled with British eccentricity - and The Gates.

I don't really watch British dramas much but can advise you to avoid Mr. Selfridge if it's ever broadcast in the States.

I did watch Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror which wasn't a patch on Twilight Zone reruns.

by Anonymousreply 703/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.