Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

nooooo! she could have as little as 3 months to live. WTF!

by Anonymousreply 14006/20/2013

I was just watching an episode of "Rhoda" on YouTube last night.

This is sad.

by Anonymousreply 103/06/2013

Bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 303/06/2013

Wow R8, I can be snarky but that was just cold. So glad I don't know you.

by Anonymousreply 403/06/2013

We seem to have a clairvoyant at r4.

by Anonymousreply 503/06/2013

Not Rhoda!

by Anonymousreply 603/06/2013

First Bonnie Franklin and now Valerie Harper.

You are a mean and unforgiving God, Fred Silverman!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 703/06/2013

If one must have terminal cancer, brain cancer is the one to get. No pain and you don't know what's happening at the end.

by Anonymousreply 803/06/2013

Is it really not painful? I always assumed it entailed horrific headaches.

by Anonymousreply 903/06/2013

"Leptomeningeal carcinomatosis (LC), also termed neoplastic meningitis, is a serious complication of cancer that carries substantial rates of morbidity and mortality. It may occur at any stage in the neoplastic disease, either as the presenting sign or as a late complication, though it is associated frequently with relapse of cancer elsewhere in the body."

This implies that perhaps her lung cancer has returned.

by Anonymousreply 1003/06/2013

Sad noose.

by Anonymousreply 1103/06/2013

That is unbearably sad news. Valerie is one of the nicest people I ever worked with in show biz. I hope her last days are comfortable and happy for her.

by Anonymousreply 1203/06/2013

Somebody I knew said she was nuts but nice.

by Anonymousreply 1303/06/2013

I'm so sad about this. She was my idol growing up (I know, Mary!)

by Anonymousreply 1403/06/2013

I also worked with Valerie Harper years ago, and she was the nicest person you could ever know. Everybody on the crew liked her and she was so lovely to us all. This is such sad news.

by Anonymousreply 1503/06/2013

[quote]I'm so sad about this. She was my idol growing up (I know, Mary!)

I never met Mary but Lars and I tricked once.

by Anonymousreply 1603/06/2013

Tough luck, kid. Sorry to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 1703/06/2013

The production team from Full House produced her show Valerie. They fired her because they claimed she was hell on wheels.

by Anonymousreply 1803/06/2013

Cancer, this is ya last chance!

by Anonymousreply 1903/06/2013

Very sad news. I met her a few years ago and she was very nice.

by Anonymousreply 2003/06/2013

[quote]They fired her because they claimed she was hell on wheels

And she won in court when she proved they lied. A nice big settlement too.

by Anonymousreply 2103/06/2013

So sad. I've been crying on and off this morning since hearing the news, and I don't think it's fully hit me yet! This is a biggie for me and for many gay guys of a certain age. Rhoda is an icon for us...the awkward, self-loathing outsider who cracked quips to cover up her pain.

by Anonymousreply 2203/06/2013

R22 Rhoda was not self loathing, stop projecting. She was insecure, big difference.

by Anonymousreply 2303/06/2013

Brenda (Julie Kavner) is the only one left to carry on the Morgenstern legacy.

by Anonymousreply 2403/06/2013

Think again, r24.

by Anonymousreply 2503/06/2013

A piece of my adult life just kvelled.

by Anonymousreply 2603/06/2013

I just read her autobiography, I, RHODA, and she seems genuinely sweet and generous without being a goody-goody -- also one of those people about whom you never hear a disparaging word.

Sad news.

by Anonymousreply 2703/06/2013

Actually, as far as these things go, dying in three months due to brain cancer is not altogether not a bad way to die.

It beats lingering for years and years with Alzheimer's or dementia, when you don't even know your name.

She avoids the nursing home experience, there's something to be said for that.

Three months is enough time to tie up loose ends and say goodbye to those near and dear. And it doesn't drag things out.

There are worse ways to die….

Godspeed, Valerie.

by Anonymousreply 2803/06/2013

What r28 said. As my grandmother used to say, "There are some situations that are worse then death."

by Anonymousreply 2903/06/2013

Here she is playing Tallulah Bankhead on stage

by Anonymousreply 3003/06/2013

r15 again. I am so upset by this news. I've worked with a number of celebrities, some of whom were awful shits, but Valerie Harper was hands-down the nicest, most down-to-earth one I have ever known. She was doing a play (this was years ago) and I was a 19 year-old production/lighting tech who was in college at the time. I was pretty much the lowest person on the totem pole, and yet she treated me with the same kindness and respect as she did her director and the show's producer.

Valerie and I would occasionally chat during breaks in reharsals, and I would run to Starbucks for her - she'd hand me cash, tell me to buy whatever I wanted for myself and let me keep the change. She was just the kindest, most thoughtful person ever and also really funny. She was a lot like Rhoda in real life. As I said before, everybody on the production really liked her.

I am so, so sorry to hear this awful news. WHY does shit like this always seem to happen to good people?

by Anonymousreply 3103/06/2013

Dancer in the chorus of the movie LI'L ABNER. Easy to spot. A very talented lady.

by Anonymousreply 3203/06/2013

God bless you. You are loved!!!

by Anonymousreply 3303/06/2013

Well, she's still going to have to pay through her lease on that apartment, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 3403/06/2013

At least we still have Zsa Zsa.

by Anonymousreply 3503/06/2013

r31: A friend who worked in PR in Hollywood in the '70s and '80s told me the only two stars he dealt with who were not divas/impossible/arrogant/self-centered/ horrors were Vanessa Redgrave and Valerie Harper. He describes them both as warm, delightful women who treated everybody with kinness and respect, and most notably asked him about his life and interests.

by Anonymousreply 3603/06/2013

When I watch the show, I wonder if she and Valerie were friends offscreen. The way I see it, Valerie was just so friendly and outgoing that she bridged that chilly gap MTM apparently had with everyone. But after the show ended they probably just cordially crossed paths occasionally.

Weirdly, that was reflected in the Mary Richards character. She came from elsewhere to work in Minneapolis, and the only friends she seemed to have were co-workers and neighbors. I have no idea where she met her occasional dates.

by Anonymousreply 3703/06/2013

According to her book, she was. When she was on Good Morning America promoting the book the day it was published a few weeks ago, Mary called in live to wish her luck with it. get the book, she tells about how she got the job and the formative years. Good read.

by Anonymousreply 3803/06/2013

I met her and her husband. They were both very sweet and "normal" - no drama, no over the top ego - truly charming people. Sad to hear this news.

by Anonymousreply 3903/06/2013

[quote] I wonder if she and Valerie were friends offscreen

Valerie was a bridesmaid at Mary's wedding to her current husband.

by Anonymousreply 4003/06/2013

Has Wendy Schaal issued a statement?

by Anonymousreply 4103/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 4203/06/2013

She has, R41, but only in Francine Smith's voice.

by Anonymousreply 4303/06/2013

I remember Mystery Science Theater:3000 showing some movie that showed someone ducking into a church to hide. As the camera quickly panned past a statue of the Virgin, one of the MST3K characters said "Hi, Mar!" in the Rhoda voice. Just a throwaway gag that was one of the funniest moments ever.

Valerie was everywhere. We'll always love her.

by Anonymousreply 4403/06/2013

Betty White strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 4503/06/2013

I always thought that Mary Tyler Moore would die first, given the complications from diabetes that are obvious when viewing her most recent photographs.

I am very saddened by the news regarding Valerie Harper.

by Anonymousreply 4603/06/2013

She was half of a married couple that I could not understand at the time. Richard Shaal and "Rhoda"? Nah, that must be wrong, Valerie could not be married to that schlump. I never liked anything he did on TV. He even ruined an old Dick Van Dyke episode playing a TV host of a talk show that was trying to find Sally a husband. Terrible.

I was glad to see her marry the the physical trainer guy. Gorgeous with a great body. That was more like it.

I hope the passing is peaceful and calm for Valerie like it should be for all who die.

by Anonymousreply 4703/06/2013

I hope Valerie does the maple syrup & baking soda routine. It's is very effective with tumors.

by Anonymousreply 4803/06/2013

Very sad news.

by Anonymousreply 4903/06/2013

Cloris Leachman ‏@Cloris_Leachman

My longtime friendship w/ @ValerieHarper has been 1 of the gr8est gifts of my life. I'm here 4 any/everything she may need one day at a time

by Anonymousreply 5003/06/2013

Hasn't she been sick for awhile. It's hard to believe that this diagnosis was just made. I bet she has known for awhile.

And yes it is sad. She is unique as an actress and person. She did it her way and it was fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 5103/06/2013

I'm surprised the Bonnie Franklin thread hysteric isn't jumping all over Cloris for that tweet.

by Anonymousreply 5203/06/2013

That Mary & Rhoda reunion movie wasn't as bad as they claimed, it was reasonably funny and Valerie still looked great at the time.

by Anonymousreply 5303/06/2013

Cloris Leachman tweets? Shut the front door!

by Anonymousreply 5403/06/2013

I have to say, this is bringing tears to my eyes. The MARY!est Mary moment ever, I'm sure.

I just read this New Yorker piece and love this:

"Mary’s who you wish you were, Rhoda’s who you probably are, and Phyllis’ ”—the prissy Cloris Leachman character—“is who you’re afraid you’ll become."

I usually don't fuss over celebrities. But I truly wish a pain free passage for this woman.

by Anonymousreply 5503/06/2013

Has Melissa Gilbert made a statement?

by Anonymousreply 5603/06/2013

A good whack with the shitbra, I'm telling you.

by Anonymousreply 5703/06/2013

"The first thing I remember liking that liked me back is food" Rhoda Morgenstern

by Anonymousreply 5803/06/2013

Oh my god - who's next...Linda Lavin???

by Anonymousreply 5903/06/2013

Kiss mah grits!

by Anonymousreply 6003/06/2013

Wow, well she was a hysterical in Tallulah and, from the testimonials here, a real sweetheart. I know she beat lung cancer a few years back. She is one of those genuine, warmhearted people you just take to. A childhood icon of mine. The doctors say the cancer is aggressive but not painful. Small favors.

by Anonymousreply 6103/06/2013

Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 6203/06/2013

"That Mary & Rhoda reunion movie wasn't as bad as they claimed, it was reasonably funny and Valerie still looked great at the time."

I HATED IT. And Mary looked awful -- all skinny with her silicone breasts flopping about. The movie sucked big time.

by Anonymousreply 6303/06/2013

I can do snark with the best of them, but even I was caught off guard today by the terrible sadness this awful news provoked in me. Valerie Harper is hilarious and always seemed just like a living doll and one of the nicest showbiz people around. One class act. Godspeed, Rhoda.

by Anonymousreply 6403/06/2013

[quote]Hasn't she been sick for awhile. It's hard to believe that this diagnosis was just made. I bet she has known for awhile.

No, she just found out in January when her book was published and she had to cancel her book tour and the nation tour of her Broadway show "Looped" which she helped develop. She thought it was the lung cancer returning. She had it years ago and in a weird sad coincidence both her Mother(a non smoker) and her TV Mother Nancy Walker both died of lung cancer.

by Anonymousreply 6503/06/2013

R32 You're right, Valerie was a dancer in the movie Lil Abner...So were Beth Howland and Bonnie Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 6603/06/2013

Valerie was a lifetime non-smoker too, R65.

by Anonymousreply 6703/06/2013

Poor Rhoda, she was the best second banana ever.

by Anonymousreply 6803/06/2013

Why is it that it's always nice, decent people that seem to get the worst diseases and rarely any of the evil assholes that are running around everywhere?

There is no God or karma.

by Anonymousreply 6903/06/2013

I feel you r40.

by Anonymousreply 7003/06/2013

Of all people who do not deserve this, it's Valerie Harper.

by Anonymousreply 7103/06/2013

[quote] Valerie was a dancer in the movie Lil Abner...So were Beth Howland and Bonnie Franklin.

Quick, someone get Vera in a HEPA bubble!

by Anonymousreply 7203/06/2013

So unfair for such a kind, talented, sweetheart of a lady.

It should have been Patti Lupone.

by Anonymousreply 7303/06/2013

Cancer is scared of Patti Lu. It took one look at her, screamed and ran away.

by Anonymousreply 7403/06/2013

Tweeted Larry King: "I've known Valerie Harper for years- enjoyed intv'ing her & being in her company-wishing her strength & good thoughts."

Hoda Kotb of the "Today" show said, "Hi @ValerieHarper ... @KathieLGifford and I are sending prayers your way #warmwave," with cohost Gifford adding later, "Lord bless you, Valerie."

Marie Osmond commended Harper's bravery in making the announcement. "It's just like @valerieharper to go forward with grace and appreciation," she wrote. "My prayers are with you, Valerie."

Wendy Williams and Andy Cohen sent prayers, while Nia Vardalos and "SNL" alum Rachel Dratch noted that Harper had been an inspiration to them as actresses.

"Valerie Harper, please know you will always be every awkward girl's mentor. Love, Toula," wrote Vardalos.

"You were the ultimate comedy role model to me when I was growing up - the quintessential 'best friend!' Sending you love..." said Dratch.

Harper got the news Jan. 15. With an estimated three months left to live, she told People, "I don't think of dying. I think of being here now."

by Anonymousreply 7503/06/2013

More years ago than I want to admit, I went on a bus with others from my college to a rally on the Mall in Washington that was about fighting poverty and specifically aimed at trying to reduce homelessness, especially for the working poor and mothers with children.

Valerie Harper was one of the few celebrities involved, and she hosted the event from the stage for a couple of hours, introducing politicians, activists, musicians and other speakers. It was a hot, sticky day and the acoustic system didn't work so well, and the event was less than perfectly organized, but Valerie was lovely and dedicated and funny as hell.

All best wishes and hopes for a great lady.

by Anonymousreply 7603/06/2013

Wow. Such terrible news. I actually shed a tear or two for her and for us all. It's so hard to face our own mortality. So much so that all religions/belief systems/superstitions give us hope of an afterlife and its that hope that keeps even otherwise educated and rational people merely agnostic. It will come to us all and regardless of circumstance wont be easy. It's hard to imagine life going on without us but it will. Makes life seem so trivial and pointless, so "Is That All Their Is?" I only hope Valerie passes on painlessly and with dignity as its the least she deserves. Maybe some of us will take pause today and let go of petty resentments and stop wasting our time worrying over silly material things that won't matter in the grand scheme. Do something nice for someone today. It's a tough slough that none of us will survive so let's at least make it easy for each other along the way. Hugs to you all.

by Anonymousreply 7703/06/2013

Sadly, I am too young to remember much of anything that Valerie's work on television. I do remember a show called the Hogan's Family and did not like it very much as a child.

by Anonymousreply 7803/06/2013

Everyone loves Rhoda. And everyone loves Valerie Harper. She provided years of joy and so many laughs to a whole generation. We miss her already.

by Anonymousreply 7903/06/2013

Does Rhoda know Barbra Streisand?

by Anonymousreply 8003/06/2013

Beth Howland can rest easy. Bonnie Franklin wasn't in LI'L ABNER. Bonnie Evans was the "Bonnie" dancer in that movie. Donna Douglas was also in it in a bit part (along with Valeria and Beth, who are most prominent in the "Put 'Em Back" number)

by Anonymousreply 8103/06/2013

Valerie Harper is one of very, very few people that even DL can't snark on. That really says something.

by Anonymousreply 8203/06/2013

Terminal cancer isn't necessarily a death sentence.

by Anonymousreply 8303/06/2013

Tell me about it. Or better yet, check out my latest products on QVC!

by Anonymousreply 8403/06/2013

Mary Tyler Moore Reacts to Valerie Harper's Cancer Diagnosis

By Michelle Tauber and Johnny Dodd 03/06/2013 at 05:00 PM EST

They are among television's first and most enduring BFFs – and for more than four decades, Valerie Harper has considered Mary Tyler Moore "a great girlfriend" in real life as well.

Now one of Hollywood's longest-standing bonds is bringing comfort and support to Harper as she faces terminal brain cancer.

"I'm absolutely devastated by this news," says Moore, 76, who herself underwent surgery in 2011 for a benign tumor in the protective membrane around the brain – the same spot where Harper's malignant cancer cells are located.

"Valerie has given so much joy, laughter and love to the world," says Moore. "I join her fans and send much love and positive thoughts to her and her family during this difficult time."

One day before going public with her diagnosis in PEOPLE, Harper called her costar from the show Mary Tyler Moore.

After small talk, "She said, 'What's up?'" recalls Harper, 73. "I said, 'It's incurable cancer.' She said, 'Val, I'm so sorry.'"

Both showbiz veterans have endured their share of personal challenges through the years, including Moore's public battle with diabetes and the untimely deaths of her sister and son.

"In one of her books she said, 'At every funeral of my family, Val was at my side," says Harper. "It's true. I love her."

As costars in the early 1970s, "she was kind and generous and loved to give gifts," recalls Harper, who played acerbic New Yorker Rhoda Morgenstern to Moore's sweet-natured Midwesterner Mary Richards. "Our first Christmas she gave me a big long key made into a necklace. It had the address of our made up apartment, 119 Weatherly. I learned so much from her and she shared so much."

And Moore continues to share support and advice with her dear friend.

Before ending their phone call, "Mary said, 'One day at a time,'" says Harper. "That's how we've got to live our lives. That's the best we can do."

by Anonymousreply 8503/06/2013

[quote]Sadly, I am too young to remember much of anything that Valerie's work on television. I do remember a show called the Hogan's Family and did not like it very much as a child.

She wasn't on "The Hogan Family", she was on "Valerie" which became THF when she was wrongly fired. You're not too young to own a DVD player are you? Rent The Mary Tyler Moore Show" or at least YouTube it. Or "Rhoda" or a terrific movie of the week thriller called "Night Drive" or any of the hundred other projects she's done. IMBD is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 8603/06/2013

I'm so incredibly saddened by this. I have loved Valerie Harper forever and wish so much that she could, as Ed Asner said today, "shock the hell out of us" and survive this.

Like R55, I don't usually let these kinds of stories about celebrities affect me too deeply but this is one time where it really got to me. God bless Valerie and her family and if this truly is her end, I wish her a very painless and peaceful transition.

by Anonymousreply 8703/06/2013

I don't follow oldies television, but it sounds like Valerie Harper will live on as Rhonda to the millions of fans who's lifes she has touched. That's a kind of immortality that cancer can't take away.

by Anonymousreply 8803/06/2013

[quote] Wish so much that she could, as Ed Asner said today, "shock the hell out of us" and survive this.

That Lou Grant....he's dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 8903/06/2013

Where are the DL doctors and medical professionals? Does Val have any chance at all for some kind of turn-around?

by Anonymousreply 9003/06/2013

R85. Thanks for your post. Such a bittersweet and touching friendship between Valerie and Mary.

The Mary Tyler Moore Show was the best show there ever was on television--and Valerie Harper was a standout among a great ensemble who made it so. Her bright light continues to shine 40 years later. We'll always remember Rhoda with love and laughter.

by Anonymousreply 9103/06/2013

I hate it when doctors do that. WTF are they to play god! my aunt's BFF was diagnosed as terminal with less that a year to live, and she lasted ten years.

I'm not saying Rhoda will outlast this porediction, butshe could. I just think it's wrong to say that. She may last another 6 months, or she may leave us in less than a month. No one knows.

by Anonymousreply 9203/06/2013

My favorite episode of The Hogan Family was the one where Sandy Duncan lost her glass eye and the kids had a scavenger hunt around the house to find it.

by Anonymousreply 9303/06/2013

I'm sorry to hear this.

by Anonymousreply 9403/06/2013

"No Mary, cottage cheese solves nothing. Chocolate solves everything."

by Anonymousreply 9503/07/2013

Valerie Harper...the wonderful, varied and fascinating career of a talented, kind and lovely woman:

by Anonymousreply 9603/07/2013

Is she selling any of her Rhoda caftans on EBay? I have a friend....

by Anonymousreply 9703/07/2013

Kathy Griffin should say something. She says she always wanted to be Rhoda growing up, because the 2nd banana had the best lines. And then she did end up playing the Rhoda 2nd banana role in Suddenly Susan. SS wasn't that great, but it was still one of the best MTM clones, they've never been able to come close to matching the original.

by Anonymousreply 9803/07/2013

Isn't strange both Mary Tyler Moore and Valerie Harper have brain tumors. Why do you think that is? Were they exposes to radiation on the set?

by Anonymousreply 9903/07/2013

One thing I like is that looking at comments on articles around the web, everybody is sending a lot of love Valerie's way.

I was too young to see Rhoda or MTM, but as a kid I did discover Rhoda reruns and fell in love with them. I also liked the show Valerie as a kid. She's top notch in my book.

I feel horribly sad for her.

by Anonymousreply 10003/07/2013

I remember a piece where Valerie discussed leaving Catholicism. I can't for the life of me remember where that was though.

I wonder if Betty White has spoken to her. Betty is now going to outlive "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" cast!

by Anonymousreply 10103/07/2013

Not necessarily, r101.

by Anonymousreply 10203/07/2013

[quote] Valerie Harper is one of very, very few people that even DL can't snark on. That really says something.

Let's not be too optimistic - if VH wasn't sick and dying, I think there'd be at least some snark.

But we snark on the dead and dying here (see Ephron thread) all the time. You're right that the love people are showing her is a real show of respect.

by Anonymousreply 10303/07/2013

What is this shit that some people are oblivious to anything that happened before THEY were born?

by Anonymousreply 10503/07/2013

Valarie Harper has EARNED our respect, unlike Bonnie Franklin and others.

by Anonymousreply 10603/07/2013

R104, you are an idiot. Sorry. The Mary Tyler Moore show is a culturally iconic show. Everyone watched it. Everyone knows it. Even "young" people. Your age has nothing to do with it. Your intellect DOES. Valerie was and will forever be Rhoda Morgenstern to millions of people of ALL ages. She is beloved. That character is as recognizable as Lucy Ricardo or Archie Bunker or George Jefferson. Screw The Hogan Family. That was but a blip in Valerie's career. No one gives a shit about that stupid show. She will be remembered for Rhoda.

People who don't know who the fuck Valerie Harper is and what the Mary Tyler Moore show is should be airlifted to the island of TOO STUPID TO LIVE.

by Anonymousreply 10803/07/2013

R109 is a troll. Don't feed it.

by Anonymousreply 11003/07/2013

R109 etc, do you know who FDR was? It was before you were born.

by Anonymousreply 11103/07/2013

I eat old people's excrement.

by Anonymousreply 11203/07/2013

What's with all the grief porn over Val? I thought we hated all of that.

by Anonymousreply 11303/07/2013

[quote]What's with all the grief porn over Val?

Because she's one of the good ones.

by Anonymousreply 11403/07/2013

Of the old MTM and Rhoda cast, only Ted, Joe, and Ida and (husband) Martin are dead. I'm amazed that Phyllis and Lou are alive.

by Anonymousreply 11603/07/2013

R115 turn to dust already, and blow away.

by Anonymousreply 11703/07/2013

[quote]I'm amazed that Phyllis and Lou are alive.

Cloris will outlive them all. She was always a health nut and has the reputation of being just too mean to die.

by Anonymousreply 11803/07/2013

"That character is as recognizable as Lucy Ricardo or Archie Bunker or George Jefferson."

I had a young employee in her early 20s about ten years ago who had no idea who Lucy Ricardo is. So, we need to calibrate our expectations of what people are exposed to in the current world. The MTM show is not something that has been shown consistently since it went off the air. Rhoda even less so, since there aren't a huge number of episodes.

I vote we give the kids a break and urge them to check out YouTube for sitcoms where the comedy came from situations and scenes were longer than set up-set up-punchline-button-exterior coffee shop; repeat ad nauseum.

by Anonymousreply 11903/07/2013

Does anyone know an address that we can send cards to Val?

by Anonymousreply 12003/07/2013

I looked up Valerie's career on Wikipedia. She played the same character on Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda one was a spinoff of the other.

Have never seen either show in reruns, am curious now.

I feel dumb saying this but earlier today I had though Harper played Mary Tyler Moore on that show and it was named after her character, and she played Rhoda on a different show called Rhoda. I didn't know Mary Tyler Moore was an actual person, I just though it was the name of the shoe

by Anonymousreply 12103/07/2013

[quote]Isn't strange both Mary Tyler Moore and Valerie Harper have brain tumors. Why do you think that is? Were they exposes to radiation on the set?

I am telling you, Betty White is toxic. Why do you think Allen Ludden died so young?

by Anonymousreply 12203/07/2013

I support you r104. Now find yourself the pilot episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show, season 1, episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 12303/07/2013

Just before you die you go blind and a Max Steiner score starts booming.

by Anonymousreply 12403/09/2013

She will be on The Doctors this Monday and Cloris Leachman will be on hand to offer her full support

by Anonymousreply 12503/09/2013

What is the Doctors? Will they try to think up a cure for Valerie's cancer?

by Anonymousreply 12603/09/2013

That doctor guy is from Survivor or someplace and he's easy on the eyes. I thought it was interesting she'd pick that show as it's not that popular. I'm glad she didn't pick Dr. Oz. She has a very good outlook but her husband seems to be struggling.

by Anonymousreply 12703/09/2013

[quote]That doctor guy is from Survivor or someplace and he's easy on the eyes. I thought it was interesting she'd pick that show as it's not that popular.

His name's Travis Stork, and he was actually "The Bachelor" several years ago. The show is actually pretty popular, and has been on for quite a while now.

by Anonymousreply 12803/09/2013

A particularly nasty form of a nasty disease. She seems like a lovely person. Rhoda sure helped me feel OK about being gay. I hope she passes without too much pain.

by Anonymousreply 12903/09/2013

Cloris seems like a great friend. Valene is lucky to have her.

by Anonymousreply 13003/11/2013

Has her TV son Justin Bateman made a statement?

by Anonymousreply 13103/11/2013

[quote]Justin Bateman

Oh, dear.

BTW, MeTV is featuring "Valerie Harper Week" on their MTM reruns starting tonight.

by Anonymousreply 13203/11/2013

r127 I always think that doctor is Dr. Marcus Lehman from Survivor (the "straight" guy who was gay Charlie's island boyfriend) too. They look like identical twins. I bet Marcus is pissed that Travis guy beat him to that job.

by Anonymousreply 13303/11/2013

Damn I missed The Doctors Today

by Anonymousreply 13403/11/2013

Jason said while he had no problems working with Valerie, he preferred Sandy Duncan.

He called Sandy one of his most favorite people in the world.

by Anonymousreply 13503/11/2013

I'm so her.

by Anonymousreply 13603/11/2013

this may be an odd question, but I recently was on a chain email for which the sender didn't erase email addresses from earlier in the chain, and one of the email addresses was Valerie Harper's (based on context, I'm 99% positive it's the correct address for the actress -- I would post it here but I don't want her getting lots of spam).

I'm a fan, and would like to send a fan-email, but I'm not sure what's appropriate here -- is "You made me laugh so I'm sorry you're dying" something someone like her would want to receive

by Anonymousreply 13704/13/2013

Better to ask your friend if he'll forward it to her.

by Anonymousreply 13804/13/2013

Does MeTV know something we don't? They're bringing back "Rhoda" starting July 8. I hope it's not a crass attempt to capitalize on her possible demise.

by Anonymousreply 13906/20/2013

tick tick tick tick tick bloop tick tick tick ti

by Anonymousreply 14006/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!