Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why are people with red hair hated?

I've been wanting to ask this question for the longest time. Why are red headed people bullied and hated. Take Anne of Green Gable for example, people hated her because of the color of her hair. To me that's just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 4903/07/2013

y no one answer?

by Anonymousreply 103/05/2013

[quote] y no one answer?

Because we have reason to believe that OP is a ginger.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2013

Because they're just jealous, OP.

They wish they had red pubes too!

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2013

It seems like a British thing (which is odd considering Prince Harry is the most beautiful creature alive.) I never noticed much of that in the US but red heads/gingers seem to get a lot of abuse in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2013

I'm red haired and I've never had problems since I left school. I got teased because it's 'different', but so did the kid from Nigeria. I try to avoid those with a fetish for red hair though. Although, women seem more attracted to me than men, unfortunately. One good thing is that I'm in my 40s and have no grey hair.

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2013

Do you have red pubes, r5?

Post back, with pictures.

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2013

R6 is the reason for my avoidance issues.

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

The ultimate ginge.

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

It's an old-Europe thing, where red heads were seen as witches / vampires / monsters or otherwise supernatural. It doesn't make the most sense, but there you go.

by Anonymousreply 903/06/2013

People with red hair are usually really good looking or really ugly. There is no in between.

When I was a kid, I hated redheads because freckles freak me the fuck out. They still do, truth be told.

by Anonymousreply 1003/06/2013

OP, why is every thread about hate? How about love? We love: Bozo, Clarabell, Howdy Doody, Wendy, Woody Woodpecker ( especially the "pecker"), and Red Skelton. Lucy even chose to be a redhead. There was even a musical written about redheads; you don't see a musical titled "Brunette" do you? Spread the love, not hate.

by Anonymousreply 1103/06/2013

I love read heads and freckles. Especially freckles that are everywhere, like on lips and eyelids and ears. Send the gingers my way.

by Anonymousreply 1203/06/2013

I think this is a literary convention. In real life I have never seen any hatred toward the red-haired.

by Anonymousreply 1303/06/2013

Bet R5 has a pretty pink penis with a rosebud tipped head and nice smooth pink balls that smell like fabric softener

by Anonymousreply 1403/06/2013

Come back, r5!

What about those pics you owe DL?

by Anonymousreply 1503/06/2013

Never knew they were OP and I am nearly 60 years old. Certainly has never been anything I've picked up in my life.

by Anonymousreply 1603/06/2013

Redheads in the US are considered fairly exotic especially when it's that rich copper or auburn hair with porcelain skin. A lot of straight guys go nuts over these types of women.

I remember reading some story out of the UK about a whole family of redheads being harassed to the point they left their town.

by Anonymousreply 1703/06/2013

[quote]smooth pink balls that smell like fabric softener

Ewwww to the fabric softener part. I like people with red hair just fine. With some exceptions, blonds look more alike to me than different.

by Anonymousreply 1803/06/2013

It's in many cultures, because often red hair is a rarity. But it was especially pronounced in the Uk where red hair = Scottish or (horrors) Irish.

by Anonymousreply 1903/06/2013

I love them. Redheads always turn my head

by Anonymousreply 2003/06/2013

I'm a redhead and can't think of a time when I was ever rejected for it as an adult. Teased a bit about it as a kid, yes, but never rejected.

by Anonymousreply 2103/06/2013

[qupte] y no one answer?

Y you no like English?

by Anonymousreply 2203/06/2013

HA HA. Fail.

by Anonymousreply 2303/06/2013

I think there is nothing hotter than a man who has brown or auburn hair on his head chest but his beard and pubic hair is more red. Is there a specific name for someone with these hot traits?

by Anonymousreply 2403/06/2013

Yes, "freak. "

by Anonymousreply 2503/06/2013

These read headed women on bicycles ran me off of the jogging path.. I twisted my foot in a rabbit hole, and they just kept going and were LAUGHING! As I was limping home the bitches returned and they slowed down and said, sorry...I called them FREAKS.

My foot has been effed up ever since, fucking red heads!

by Anonymousreply 2603/06/2013

You should've jammed a big stick in one of them's spokes!

by Anonymousreply 2703/06/2013

According to some, the ancient Egyptian god Set (god of desert heat and natural disasters), had red hair and white skin in his human aspect. How the dark ancient Egyptians ever heard of people with white skin and red hair, I don't know, but this source says that redheads are presumed to be his followers.

The hate may be older than you think, the Set stuff is thousands of years old.

by Anonymousreply 2803/06/2013

Guys like my red pubes!

by Anonymousreply 2903/06/2013

[quote]I think there is nothing hotter than a man who has brown or auburn hair on his head chest but his beard and pubic hair is more red. Is there a specific name for someone with these hot traits?[/quote]

"Fire in the Hole"?

by Anonymousreply 3003/06/2013

Usually guys with red hair are the hottest in bed.

by Anonymousreply 3103/07/2013

I'd never kick this stud out of bed

by Anonymousreply 3203/07/2013

In the UK, the stigma with red hair comes from being associated with Celts, whom the Germanics (Anglo-Saxons) still look down upon to this day.

by Anonymousreply 3303/07/2013

As Capote once wrote (famously), how often do you see a truly beautiful redhead? (Particularly women.) Natural redheads who look like Julianne Moore are as rare as unicorns.

by Anonymousreply 3403/07/2013

Red headed women are more likely to be attractive than red headed men, by far. Nothing worse than a male red head.

by Anonymousreply 3503/07/2013

not in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 3603/07/2013

I'm a fake redhead and if anything, I notice guys are more drawn to me than with my natural color.

I've had some very bold men come over and ask if they can see my pubes just to check if it's natural. It doesn't end with just wanting to see them. Classy, I know.

by Anonymousreply 3703/07/2013

They smell down there. Uncut gingers are the worst. They smell AWFUL. It's something in the genes.

There are no goodlooking male gingers at all.

by Anonymousreply 3803/07/2013

R5 --

Stick your camera phone down yer pants and take a picture so we can all see the red pubes there.

Please? We'll all be your friend and call you on your birthday!

by Anonymousreply 3903/07/2013

[quote]I've been wanting to ask this question for the longest time.

What stopped you, OP? Why did you wait so many years to ask this question?

by Anonymousreply 4003/07/2013

Red hair made me million$.

by Anonymousreply 4103/07/2013

Red hair works for me.

by Anonymousreply 4203/07/2013

Weigh it for yourself honey

by Anonymousreply 4303/07/2013

I have red hair, but it's not the gross orange like Prince Harry, more like auburn and strawberry blonde depending on the lighting.

I've never had anyone say anything negative, but I get a lot of comments on my face.

by Anonymousreply 4403/07/2013

Most of the famous redheads were/are not natural redheads at all. I'm not even sure Maureen O'Hara was. Lucy was a natural blonde. Most of the others were natural brunettes to start.

Suzy Parker was a beautiful natural redhead.

by Anonymousreply 4503/07/2013

because they are different and people hate anything that is different

by Anonymousreply 4603/07/2013

I like redheads! But when people have blond eyelashes it kind of freaks me out.

by Anonymousreply 4703/07/2013

OP, are all the following on your Hate list:

Ron Howard, Teresa Brewer, Lucille Ball, Prince Harry, Agnes Morehead, Bryce Dallas Howard, Debra Messing, Tina Louise, Robert Redford, Christina Hendricks, Susan Hayward, Julianne Moore, Deborah Kerr, Helen of Troy, Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York, Vincent Van Gogh, Eddie Redmayne, Rita Hayworth, Dan Purvis, Cleopatra, Emma Stone, Elizabeth I, Damian Lewis, Jessica Chastain, Mark Twain, Geri Halliwell, Margaret Sanger, Katharine Hepburn, Princess Fiona, Molly Ringwald, John Mayock, Annie Lennox, King David, Benedict Cumberbatch, Winston Churchill, Rose McGowan, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Carol Burnett, Bernadette Peters, Oliver Cromwell, Emily Dickinson, Antonio Vivaldi, Thomas Jefferson.

Please discuss your Hate for each of these people, OP. Take them one at a time so we can follow your unique beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 4803/07/2013

Does it go back to the old times, when red hair was considered the devil's mark?

by Anonymousreply 4903/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!