Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How did your high school friends/classmates turn out?

Recently, I ran into several of my high school classmates, who have turned out quite poorly. I didn't really talk to the ones I bumped into, but now I know some of them didn't turn out special or even mediocre. You?

by Anonymousreply 1803/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 103/05/2013

I haven't the slightest. I think one became a manager at Chile's.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2013

married and fat

by Anonymousreply 303/06/2013

Sadly boring. Most had the opportunity to live meaningful, interesting lives in leadership roles, but instead they chose to remain in the same comfortable, boring suburb.

by Anonymousreply 403/06/2013

It was just four years ago so we're still kind of gelling.

I'll let you know, OP. Wait right here.

by Anonymousreply 503/06/2013

You're story is extremely underwhelming, OP. "Some of the people I went to school with didn't turn out special." Shocking.

I'm 23, so there hasn't been much distance timewise, but I do know one of the girls I used to fuck is now a whore. Not a street whore, but she gets hired for clubs and parties. She's always posting pictures from these events with all of these other whores.

She posted recently asking if any of her girl FB friends wanted to earn some money "bartending" with her at some VIP event (horny businessmen). I commented "You're a whore now!?!" She deleted my comment but not before others confirmed it lol

by Anonymousreply 603/06/2013

One of my most brilliant, creative and talented classmates lives in a trailer park now. She just couldn't get over herself.

by Anonymousreply 703/06/2013

We were only 25 miles from a major city and most of my class of 1979 stayed within 3 miles of where they grew up.

In an alumni directory - all the women in the 1990s were "interior decorators" and the guys were auto mechanics.

I left and never looked back.

by Anonymousreply 803/06/2013

The vast majority strangely turned out to be conservative Republican Obama-bashers/Romney-lovers.

I've been slowly just defrending them on facebook.

by Anonymousreply 903/06/2013

I didn't plan to go to my 30th class reunion, but was curious about a couple people. So I did a google search on them. I was stunned when one of the four people I looked on turned out to be a vice president at Apple. So I guess he turned out ok. Another to my surprise turned out gay and is living SF.

by Anonymousreply 1003/06/2013

I confess: I joined Facebook just to see if any of my former classmates would apologize to me for how badly I was bullied when we were in school. Although none ever did -- the closest anyone came to acknowledging their treatment of me was along the lines of "Weren't we crazy kids? LOL!" -- I was amazed at what wonderful, progressive, tolerant adults they (mostly) turned out to be.

I may never get my apology, but having made new friends out of these people I always hated has been a blessing in its own way.

by Anonymousreply 1103/06/2013

The valedictorian of my high school class is now a pothead working as a medical transcription clerk. Meanwhile, the biggest social outcast is apparently doing very well for himself at Microsoft.

by Anonymousreply 1203/06/2013

The stench of people being blamed for things out of their control is very strong here. Some of you, including OP, clearly have pre-adolescent world views.

by Anonymousreply 1303/06/2013

most of the DL does

by Anonymousreply 1403/06/2013

R12 that wouldn't have been a surprise to any intelligent people at your high school.

by Anonymousreply 1503/06/2013

From a class of 110, all boys (class of 1989), five that I know of are super successful: one is a chief surgeon at Boston General and the head of a department at Harvard Medical School; two are partners at (different) NYC law firms; one is a CFO of a big company; and one is a tech entrepreneur famous among the nerd set in Silicon Valley.

Most others seem to have transitioned into less glamorous, if still-comfortable upper-middle class lives in various middle management type jobs. I can think of three who never quite made it. All are still starving artist types operating at the lower rungs of the theater / entertainment industries. I am not aware of any who are complete disasters (jail, welfare, drugs, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 1603/06/2013

Pretty much as expected.

The loser redneck continued to be loser rednecks.

The "guy next door" jocks got married and fat and continue to be interested in beer and sports.

The plain girls all got married and fat and spend their time on facebook.

The pretty, popular girls continue to be pretty but also got married, although most of them didn't get fat. They have handsome husbands, jobs, kids, nice homes, vacations, etc. They're also on facebook.

The slutty ones continued in a slutty vein. One now runs a strip club on the outskirts of town.

The weird, shy, smart, nerdy ones (like me) are all over the map and are the most interesting:

One became an obese gamer girl with a child out of wedlock and hatred for all men. She stays home most of the time and games.

Another one got his PhD and is doing very well at a tech company. Unfortunately his wife passed away a couple of years ago leaving him to raise his two teenagers alone.

Another nerdy girl blossomed, did some modelling, got a PhD, and is now doing research at some university in Europe.

Another weird nerdy guy (who got picked on a lot) went all rock and roll. He got very muscular, got some tats and piercings, and plays in punk bands. He looks quite menacing now, but was actually very friendly to me the last time I ran into him. I guess he sees me as a fellow weirdo and kindred spirit.

by Anonymousreply 1703/06/2013

Don't know. Don't care. They're strangers now. I graduated in '99 and didn't bother keeping in touch with anyone. I wasn't bullied and I wasn't a loner, but once I graduated from my Los Angeles Catholic high school, I didn't look back. I'm not on Facebook or twitter and never was on myspace.

by Anonymousreply 1803/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!