Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Let's say something that's true, that people don't ever talk about.

There should be more abortions, not less.

by Anonymousreply 7703/06/2013

R1 is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2013

Alcoholism is not a disease.

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2013

Thanks for your informed, non-psychotic opinion Mr. LaPierre @ r1.

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2013

To help the environment, used adult diapers should be turned inside out and worn again after being soiled.

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

Smoking is GOOD for your health!

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

OP is a cunt, and so are R1 and R3.

by Anonymousreply 903/05/2013

Minimum wage should be $20 an hour.

Health, vision, and dental insurance should be a single-payer system.

Minimum voting age should be 16.

Defense budget should be drastically cut. And a moratorium on wars should be made, by the president and by Congress, for the next 40 years. No more wars.

Money that is being spent now on the costs of war should be used to lift those in poverty, those unemployed, and those counting on social security.

Wall Street and big banks should suffer the imposition of having to pay at least $1 trillion dollars to those in poverty, those unemployed, those counting on social security, and those who were ripped off by their white-collar criminal conduct.

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2013

If R10 were running for president, I'd vote for him/her.

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2013

I LOVE R10, and agree with everything he said...

by Anonymousreply 1203/05/2013

R10 in 2016!

by Anonymousreply 1303/05/2013

Most people are a whole lot dumber than they realize.

by Anonymousreply 1403/05/2013

r10 said it better than I could have. I agree 100%.

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013

[quote]There should be more abortions, not less.

Can we retroactively abort people who don't know the difference between "less" and "fewer"?

by Anonymousreply 1603/05/2013

Very much of the time, whenever someone ends a statement with "lol", that statement is, in fact, not funny in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 1703/05/2013

Financial fraud should not be seen as a "soft" crime and be given less penalties than physical crimes.

Extreme financial fraud should have the death penalty. That would prevent a lot of the bullshit that happens on Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 1803/05/2013

People should have to take IQ tests before they are allowed to breed children. Stupid people should not procreate.

by Anonymousreply 1903/05/2013

Pot should be made legal and taxed, and treated, like alcohol is. I think a lot of problems could be solved this way.

by Anonymousreply 2003/05/2013

Stupid people should be sterilized at puberty.

Go ahead and fuck your brains out just don't squeeze out any crotchdroppings.

by Anonymousreply 2103/05/2013

R20 - frankly, all drugs should be legalized. Some people will die - but people die anyway from drug overdoses.

Put the money spent on courts, surveillance, prisons, etc. into rehab centers. But there will always be a percentage for whom it won't work.

Imagine what certain countries' situations would be like without drug cartels make billions in profits? Mexico? Colombia in the 80's? Afghanistan?

by Anonymousreply 2403/05/2013

I agree with r10 also.

I would also add limiting corporate salaries and bonuses.

by Anonymousreply 2503/05/2013

[quote]I would also add limiting corporate salaries and bonuses.

Agreed X10!

No human being needs to make more than a million dollars a year. No one needs more than $100 Million fortunes. There is no use for exorbitant private wealth. Reagan was WRONG. Money doesn't "trickle down". These bastards are hoarding it for themselves, not reinvesting it back into their communities.

Also make it that you cannot pass down more than $10 Million to your heirs. All the rest must go back. I know the rich cocksuckers will try to hide their wealth even more, but that's exactly why we need a more stringent IRS agency that makes it their agenda to close these loopholes.

by Anonymousreply 2603/05/2013

And to add to R26 - Switzerland's comfort and quality of life is based primarily on crime alone: stealing Jews' wealth in WW2 and being a tax haven and financial center for the crooks and criminals of the world.

by Anonymousreply 2703/05/2013

There *is* a time limit on "welfare" R28.

by Anonymousreply 2903/05/2013

Those who cannot financially afford to raise a child should be on birth control until that situation changes. That includes men, who should take a male birth control pill or be offered sterilization. Ditto for anyone who is not emotionally capable of successfully raising a child. The idea of "have a baby, go on welfare," hurt America.

by Anonymousreply 3003/05/2013

R30, I'll go one step further: sterilization for those who cannot afford children or who receive public assistance.

by Anonymousreply 3103/06/2013

r28, fine. There should be a time limit on welfare, but there should also be available, decently waged jobs for their people to go into when they leave welfare.

by Anonymousreply 3203/06/2013

Many of you are so extremely bitter because you rarely if ever get laid.

by Anonymousreply 3303/06/2013

We should fart in rainbows that smell like lilacs in the field.

by Anonymousreply 3403/06/2013

R33 may win.

But I'll add inequality of wealth in the world will end badly.

by Anonymousreply 3503/06/2013

No it won't [35]. In America, at least, there is a huge, passive, stupid, helpless, frightened population, which has been brainwashed since Reagan to accept the inevitability of severe poverty, hunger, constant economic crises that hurt only people who are wage slaves, government inefficiency, irresponsibility and blatant corruption. Average (most)young people are more poorly educated than ever, and bred to breed in minimum wage jobs or, after ruinously expensive but partial 'higher education', better paying jobs that are insecure and increasingly less remunerative with fewer benefits, or simply to coast in 'upper level' poverty. They accept it as the way it is, the way it should be and there's always new corporate overwhelming propaganda to distract and confuse them. There's no way to organize such zombies.

by Anonymousreply 3603/06/2013

Today's generation of urban youth are a disgrace to the legacy of their grandparents' generation and everything they fought for to overcome.

by Anonymousreply 3703/06/2013

Reduce the Single Mother bullshit, particularly if the woman relies on the gubmint teat.

Couples who want to breed can have one child, but must also adopt a NON-INFANT who needs a secure home and good parents. This policy can change after years when things balance out more.

by Anonymousreply 3803/06/2013

The clue is in the word *poor*, R39. Get one.

by Anonymousreply 4003/06/2013

Welfare was originally designed to help those who encountered extreme tragedy, such as the death of a wage earner. Now many parents, regardless of their economic status, are incapable of raising self-sufficient kids. Day care centers that teach life skills need to be available to all. Teachers and principals should be allowed to discipline all in a non-physical way.

by Anonymousreply 4103/06/2013

Spanking a child is not only not a crime, the world would be better off if there were a lot more of it.

by Anonymousreply 4203/06/2013

There's nothing special about mandarin oranges. They're just small oranges.

by Anonymousreply 4303/06/2013

A fairly significant majority of people in the U.S. are dumb as dirt and, what's worse, apparently proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 4403/06/2013

Voting should be mandatory but not enforced. People should have the option to be automatically registered when they apply for a driver's license or a social security card.

by Anonymousreply 4503/06/2013

Suicide should be legal over the age of 80. If a person at the end of their life wants to choose the date, let them arrange it and end their life without pain.

by Anonymousreply 4603/06/2013

[quote]A good number of people in poverty are the same people who slacked off and didn't think much of an education in their teen years.

A good number of people in poverty have suffered systematic discrimination their whole lives. If society were fair and treated, hired, and accepted all people without prejudice - a good deal of people would not be raised to believe they belonged in poverty.

by Anonymousreply 4703/06/2013

Suicide is illegal?

by Anonymousreply 4803/06/2013

The utlimate truth nobody here wants to her:

[bold] Internet forums are 99% rubbish and destructive to one's self-esteems. Internet arguments change nothing.

We should all be interacting with the real world, real people, doing work, doing something creative, making something change in real life. Not here typing out useless penny wisdoms. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 4903/06/2013

[quote]Suicide is illegal?

Yes, and the penalties are quite harsh.

by Anonymousreply 5003/06/2013

Preach R43, preach!

by Anonymousreply 5103/06/2013

There is no "real world" anymore R49, apart from the internet. And internet arguments do change minds. Without the internet, people wouldn't realize 9/11 was an inside job.

All people should be guaranteed food, housing, and medical care. These things did not "destroy" the USSR. It should also be very hard to fire people. This idea that the key to everything is "hard work" is nonsense. Productivity improves, which means fewer people are needed every year to produce the same stuff, and thanks to media, nowhere is this more true than in services. It is childish magical thinking to assume that technology will always afford those laid off people something to do. We need a revolution in thinking in society. Yes, society DOES owe you a living if it brought you into the world.

by Anonymousreply 5203/06/2013

This thread is not going to end well

by Anonymousreply 5303/06/2013

I didn't have corn!

by Anonymousreply 5403/06/2013

R50. True. You usually die.

by Anonymousreply 5503/06/2013

I agree with and know the truth of [R49]. S/he will change nothing of course, the 'Net is addictive as are its various forums.

I also agree with [46]. I think suicide should be available to everybody. Only reasonable restrictions should apply. Perhaps physically healthy people should be forty five to apply; they should be subject to reasonable examination and perhaps a waiting period but if found of sound mind, killed painlessly and quickly in a comfortable medical facility (or with a medical professional present and helping at home). I would have chosen to die at forty five, so long as it could have been under comfortable and painless circumstances (I am 60 now and regret my life every day and I suspect I am not alone).

Anyone of any age should be able to die with dignity and without pain if they are terminally ill, or afflicted chronically with an extremely painful condition. There would be choice, of course. Some who chose to live as long as possible regardless of pain or debility should have that right.

I would lower [46]'s age for automatic or at least encouraged 'release' to 65. Again such a person could chose to live on, but after an examination of their health, likely life span 'naturally', their finances and likely stresses and suffering resulting from them, they should when the news is bad, be advised to end their lives surrounded by loved ones if any, painlessly. Life gets worse for average people, no matter what anyone says. Personal suicide attempts often fail, or result in damage.

by Anonymousreply 5603/06/2013

No criticism is ever permitted of Israel or the Jews. The rest of us, ok.

by Anonymousreply 5703/06/2013

Secondhand smoke is only dangerous if you're around it on a regular basis. A whiff of it may be annoying, but it's no more dangerous than many substances with which you come in contact all day long.

For that matter, you can't be "allergic" to secondhand smoke, though it can create respiratory problems in some individuals. Allergies involve the body reacting violently to the presence of certain proteins; there are no proteins in smoke. The same with perfumes and deodorants.

No one with peanut allergy has ever died from airborne peanut molecules. Rules on airplanes (no peanuts served, setting up "buffer zones" around rows where peanut allergic people are sitting) are in response to customer requests, not genuine medical issues.

by Anonymousreply 5803/06/2013

Wherever you are on earth, there is a rat nearby.

by Anonymousreply 5903/06/2013

Cher is dead.

by Anonymousreply 6003/06/2013

Attempted suicide is illegal.

Suicide, if successful, can negate the life insurance policy of the deceased.

by Anonymousreply 6103/06/2013

By virtue of the Prussian school system and it's creation of religious authoritarians it's a very real possibility that America will elect and love a dictator so evil he'd make Hitler blush. I give it about 30 years. His "Jews" will be the poor and people of color. Perhaps gays too if we don't get our shit together.

by Anonymousreply 6203/06/2013

Everybody poops.

by Anonymousreply 6303/06/2013

[quote]Many of you are so extremely bitter because you rarely if ever get laid.

This cannot be said enough times.

by Anonymousreply 6403/06/2013

I heart R10

by Anonymousreply 6503/06/2013

r62 I tend to believe it too. After reading "Rise and Fall of the THird Riech" and watching many documentaries on Hitler (Plus other material) wouldn't surprise me in the least if this in fact happened in the U.S. or started in another country (Japan?) and spread. Maybe in

Eventually some/most of us will move off Planet Earth and whomever is left behind will be living in a hellhole - with mass executions, no resources, dictators, etc.

by Anonymousreply 6603/06/2013

R66, you always turn into your biggest enemy so I think Nazism is a real possibility. I guess communism too but the way Americans are built and the direction in which we're going, I think it's going to be fascism. I also think it will have a fundie bent.

by Anonymousreply 6703/06/2013

[quote] Suicide, if successful, can negate the life insurance policy of the deceased.

Most life insurance policies have a contestability period. If a death occurs within a certain time frame - usually two years but can be between 1 and 3, depending on the state and type of policy - the insurance company can ask for more information or decline to pay.

That includes death by suicide. Some have suicide exclusions, though most states don't allow lifetime suicide exclusions, only that the contestability period apply for suicides, too.

(Not fun info, but I worked in insurance so I know.)

by Anonymousreply 6803/06/2013

"There's nothing special about mandarin oranges. They're just small oranges."

Not only are they small, but they're also inscrutable.

by Anonymousreply 6903/06/2013

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She encouraged overpopulation and enabled suffering instead of doing any work to actually alleviate problems.

John Paul II was even worse than Dowager Pope BenXVI but somehow gets a pass in the court of general public opinion because he was less scary looking.

In reality, JPII was busy going on his world adulation tour, butting into Polish politics, and spouting archaic right-wing ideologies instead of paying attention to real concerns (rampant pedophilia, for one). He undid any "liberal" progress (actual "Christ-like" love thy neighbor stuff) made during the time of John XXIII. His reign was twenty-six years of hype and despicable policies. If only the humble JP1 had lasted longer than a month...

by Anonymousreply 7003/06/2013

This thread is becoming tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 7103/06/2013

All celebrities (movie stars, TV stars, sports figures, etc.) should be required to pay an annual "celebrity tax" out of their ridiculous millions. The money could go to better fund education and healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 7203/06/2013

Was Pope Paul VI nice?

by Anonymousreply 7303/06/2013

Ooops, wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 7403/06/2013

The Freepers on this board think they are so clever. But, just like Mittens, they are clueless.

by Anonymousreply 7503/06/2013

1. Using exposure (leaving an unwanted or sick infant outside to die) as a method of getting rid of problem babies is a good idea. It's not like they're really people until they reach about four months of age. The Greeks would use exposure with infants up to a year old. That seems a little extreme. But culling makes very good sense, and the cost of keeping the malformed and unwanted things alive is just not justifiable.

2. Undoubtedly owing to cultural rather than biological reason, a greater proportion of African Americans (and I'm biracial) than other groups are dishonest and irresponsible. Rage, shame and background are used as convenient excuses, and blacks' tendency to rally around offenders just makes things worse.

3. Gay children are better children.

4. Cathy Horyn is a smug phony who thinks baffling people covers up her ignorance of anything but the most shallow fashion-related content.

5. Women are seriously fucked up in America today, and people who get involved with them learn very quickly that they're not worth the effort. Plus they are inauthentic, spiteful, and boringly needy.

6. Angelina Jolie is the biggest "insane and hiding in plain sight" lunatic in Celebrity World today.

7. No more tax breaks for religions.

8. The phonies here decrying the unfair distribution of wealth would not part with money if they had it.

9. Nearly all Americans under the age of 35 are worthless, ill-educated, clueless fetal leavings who will die in two weeks should things fall apart in a serious way.

10. There is no effective African American leader today outside of Barack Obama.

by Anonymousreply 7603/06/2013

Lots of horseshit, racist horseshit from R76. No truths.

by Anonymousreply 7703/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!