Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oh dear. Restaurant owner slammed for using cell phone at Planet Fitness

Gets mad.

by Anonymousreply 5403/10/2013

Good for Planet Fitness. They are a cool place to work out at plus cheap. They have a "lunk head" alarm that's just genius.

This Frau, obviously a repeat offender got what she deserved. Hopefully dumdum will lose a lot of business.

by Anonymousreply 103/05/2013

r1 what a dumb thing to say. Why attack her livelihood? It's not the worst thing in the world to be caught using your cell phone when you're not permitted to do so.

This is the problem with social media: little things can become bigger than it deserves. I can't imagine two things that are unrelated to each other affect either my personal life or my business.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2013

Remember, most cellphones have cameras. Next time you are in the gym (maybe even undressing in the locker room), and someone is holding a cellphone, think about how you'd like your picture to go viral on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2013

Planet Fitness was absolutely right. I'm sick of people who think their stupid circumstance justifies breaking the rules.

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2013

Why the fuck can't you use a phone on the "elliptical"? And what kind of nutcases conspire against a restaurant because of something like this? Are that many people really such freaks?

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2013

I pee in the gym showers.

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2013

Taking a call from her doctor, my ass. SHe had been warned numerous times over her cell phone usage. For god's sake, why would you want to be on the phone anyway?

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

[quote]Why the fuck can't you use a phone on the "elliptical"?

Because you have to shout to make your voice heard over the machines and no one wants to hear you loud fucking voice in the gym, that's why.

Don't like it? Tough shit.

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

I HATE loud cell phone conversations in public. Just the other day I was sitting in my dentist's waiting room and this bitch whipped out her cell phone and had a conversation about nothing in front of everyone in the packed waiting room. If you really need to talk to someone, go outside or in the hallway to do it, doing it in front of other people in a confined space is just rude. It's called manners.

by Anonymousreply 903/05/2013

r7, the point is, why would you want to CONTROL whether someone is on the phone or not?

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2013

Did she really spell "Sicilian" with two "L"s?

Ai ai ai, dearissimo.

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2013

R10 Because they are annoying the living fuck out of you?

by Anonymousreply 1203/05/2013

[quote]Because you have to shout to make your voice heard over the machines and no one wants to hear you loud fucking voice in the gym, that's why.

If the machines are so loud, why would a voice be a problem? It's already noisy. Can't people speak to someone next to them? What is this, Catholic school run by nuns?

[quote]Don't like it? Tough shit.

Exactly what needs to be said to the idiots who can't stand that someone took a phone call.

by Anonymousreply 1303/05/2013

r9, if it's loud, I agree with you. But there's really no difference between a phone conversation and a conversation with the person sitting next to you. A waiting room is not the opera.

by Anonymousreply 1403/05/2013

r12, if you're that annoyed by someone speaking, perhaps you should move to a very rural area and live by yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013

R13, why do you need to have every conversation in public? Are you that desperate for attention? Take the call in private because, really, unless you are discussing anal bleaching problems, nobody around you is interested in your conversations.

by Anonymousreply 1603/05/2013

R13 R14 R15 If, by this point, it still needs to be explained to you, you just don't get it. But I'll say it again: the rest of the world does not necessarily care to listen to your numerous telephonic utterances. But you don't give a shit, because you are Cellphonic Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 1703/05/2013

And what's more, R13, R14, and R15, the war is over. You won. Can't you at least be gracious about your win?

by Anonymousreply 1803/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 1903/05/2013

Sounds like Dr. Amy Bishop.

by Anonymousreply 2003/05/2013

I don't have a problem with people using cellphones in gyms. Restaurants, yes. Gyms, no.

by Anonymousreply 2103/05/2013

r6 I know you do, Kostanza.

by Anonymousreply 2203/05/2013

I joined my gym because they have a no cellphone anywhere but the lobby policy.

by Anonymousreply 2303/05/2013

Well r18, speaking as r15 (but not anyone else), I'm not waging a war on anyone, and I'm not trying to bother you with a phone call. I speak with a rather low voice whether it's on a phone or face to face. It just seems that some people are irrationally obsessive about phone calls. And don't have the same reaction to an identical voice that's not using the phone.

by Anonymousreply 2403/05/2013

"And don't have the same reaction to an identical voice that's not using the phone."

You don't realize how much louder you talk over the phone than you do in person.

But you do.

by Anonymousreply 2503/05/2013

Well, R24/R15, speaking as R18, I'm not "irrationally obsessive about phone calls." If I can't hear you, as you suspect, then what could possibly bother me?

It's just that most people's phone voices are not "an identical voice that's not using the phone." If you are among the 10%, let's say, who actually speak in a volume indistinguishable from your normal speaking voice, let me be the first to thank and congratulate you.

However, your accusing me of being "irrationally obsessive about phone calls" suggests once again that you're not making as much quiet as you imagine.

Try it tomorrow, speaking at what you think is a voice identical to your normal speaking voice, and then ask people around you how you did. Problem is, most people are people pleasers, and most probably won't be confrontational enough to tell you the truth.

by Anonymousreply 2603/05/2013

Put the cell phones away. Damn. Remember when all you had were the hardwired? Good ol' days. Put the cell phones away.

by Anonymousreply 2703/05/2013

[quote] But there's really no difference between a phone conversation and a conversation with the person sitting next to you

You are wrong. People on cell phones SHOUT. It's just trashy. And no one wants to hear it

by Anonymousreply 2803/05/2013

They don't care, R28.

by Anonymousreply 2903/05/2013

A person who is unable to wean himself off his cell phone in public is incapable of independent thought. Likely he is the spawn of parents who kept a TV or radio blaring during the hours when they weren't in sleep mode or toiling away at their miserable workaday jobs. A perfect specimen for the new world order.

by Anonymousreply 3003/06/2013

15 years ago, nobody had these god damned things, so now why is it everybody must have one on them at all times and everybody absolutely must be available to take calls because they are soooooo important.

Bullshit. When I go to the gym, I'm there for two hours: lifting for an hour, then cardio for 45 minutes. I leave my cell phone in my locker. I have a very demanding job and a very sick mother for whom I'm the primary care giver and yet there is absolutely nothing that can't wait a few minutes until I'm done with my workout. In fact, I welcome the respite from constant cell phone calls.

by Anonymousreply 3103/06/2013

That restaurant s in a tract house.

by Anonymousreply 3203/06/2013

Same here r31. I like having a cell phone, it's very convenient but for Christ's sake I'm not tethered to it! I can go to the gym without it, the movies etc.

For years now, every time I go to a goddamned movie people are texting throughout - the sea of blue lights is distracting. It just pisses me off that people can't go an hour and a half without using their damn phones. They all think they're sooooo important. I just want to say "bitch, you're not the President. Put your damn phone away so the rest of us can pay attention to the movie!"

by Anonymousreply 3303/06/2013

Ditto. Like everyone else in the world I have a phone that I mostly use for texting, email, and websurfing. But I put it away when appropriate. Like at the gym. theatre, movie, or when I'm socializing with other people.

However, I don't get why there are so many phone nannies who think they can tall other people how to behave in public. How does someone talking on their phone at the gym interfere in any way with your workout? Do you need silence so you can concentrate?

And why get freaked out about people using phones in restaurants? Unless they're dining with you then it's not your business. It's rude and I wouldn't do it, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with you. Focus on your own meal and dining companions.

Stop trying to control other people's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 3403/06/2013

R34 If you talk so loud into your phone it distracts me, then it's very much my business, and you have made it so.

by Anonymousreply 3503/06/2013

How does someone talking on their phone at the gym interfere in any way with your workout? Do you need silence so you can concentrate?

Because there are OTHER people focusing on their workouts in a shared space. Why should everyone be subjected to someone's inane and probably unimportant phone call? If you cannot break away from your cell phone for an hour then you've got issues.

by Anonymousreply 3603/06/2013

I don't know what kind of gyms you attend, but mine is pretty noisy and a phone call wouldn't bother me. Besides, most people wear headphones or earbuds.

Are you as offended when people talk to each other?

by Anonymousreply 3703/06/2013

Also in a gym it's not fair to other members if you sit on equipment talking on your phone when other people want to utilise it.

by Anonymousreply 3803/06/2013

My feeling is, conversations conducted in public are public property, and I feel perfectly justified in telling everyone else about what I heard you say while talking on the phone in public. (And laughing and pointing as well.)

If you don't like that, I suggest you stay off the phone or keep your voice low.

by Anonymousreply 3903/06/2013

R2, you sound like an entitled twat who thinks the rules don't apply to you...

by Anonymousreply 4003/06/2013

[quote]My feeling is, conversations conducted in public are public property, and I feel perfectly justified in telling everyone else about what I heard you say while talking on the phone in public.

So presumably you also feel comfortable eavesdropping on and participating in a conversation two people (completely unrelated to you) are having in public.

You're a very strange person.

by Anonymousreply 4103/06/2013

It's just called manners, you fucking asswipes. Having a conversation on your cell phone in a room where other people are no more than two feet away from you is just being rude. If the person next to you is yakking away on their phone, the other person cannot concentrate on anything else, and to subject other people to your idiotic conversations is inconsiderate.

Didn't your mothers ever teach you anything about having good manners?

by Anonymousreply 4203/06/2013

I was in the post office once and behind me was some woman talking loudly about her husband's anal cyst. I turned around and stared at her until she abruptly ended the call. I don't care to know about your husband's medical problems and I sure as hell am not eavesdropping. People just have no common sense.

by Anonymousreply 4303/06/2013

I'm betting she has an annoying voice.

by Anonymousreply 4403/06/2013

That should have been "If the person next to you is yakking away on their phone, YOU cannot concentrate..."

Sorry, but public cell phone use in a shared space really irritates me. I don't want to hear your stupid conversations. You really can't concentrate on anything else if the person next to you is on their phone.

by Anonymousreply 4503/06/2013

R41, it is obvious that R39 is not eavesdropping in the situation he describes. The information, or at least half of the information, is being broadcast very clearly to him and everyone else in the room.

You seem to be one of those people who think people don't talk louder on cellphones than they do in a live, F2F conversations, which is only seldom the case.

by Anonymousreply 4603/06/2013

Bravo for the gym! I really wish that as cell phones exploded everywhere there would have been a more generally accepted understanding of when and where they are appropriate.

Unfortunately, almost no one is willing to confront a cell phone talker. I was on a crowded Metro North train the other day. Despite being crowded, it was pleasantly quiet... EXCEPT for the 20something girl yapping on and on about her upcoming nuptials: the flowers, the selection of the minister, who was invited, who she only invited out of spite (I didn't quite get that, but I think the idea was whoever it was would feel compelled to attend the wedding simply because they were invite, but at great cost and inconvenience).

I wanted to yell out "and we are all VERY impressed!" or at least "SHUT THE FUCK UP!", but I didn't, and neither did anyone else. There was just a lot of staring and eye rolling. There should definitely be a socially acceptable way to deal with this, but there really aren't any standards.

by Anonymousreply 4703/06/2013

I was standing on line at the post office one day when this woman gets a call and then goes into major stentorian mode to address the issue of "Oh, I don't know. What movie *shall* we see this weekend?"

So I picked up a pen and wrote on one of those cards they have at the post office "Who gives a shit what movie she sees this weekend?"

And I passed it to the person behind me, who laughed and passed it to the person behind her, who laughed, and so on, until it gets to the offender, who actually read it and laughed, too. Then she mutters into the phone, "I'mmahaftacallyaback." And not another word was heard.

by Anonymousreply 4803/06/2013

I LOVE YOU, r48!

by Anonymousreply 4903/06/2013

It really happened, R49. It was such a good day. Good guys, one. Assholes, nothing.

by Anonymousreply 5003/06/2013

I take the Hampton Jitney and the ruling on cellphones is pretty much enforced. One phone call in an emergency thats three minutes max.

Most everyone only uses their phone when calling someone to pick them up from an upcoming bus stop. If someone is going on and on, passengers first give dirty looks. One of them will say something if the person continues. If the person continues after this, the steward will approach them and tell them the ruling and that they must hang up if they have been yakking for more than three minutes.

It's always a confrontational woman who breaks the rule. Always. And she will complain about how it is an emergency. She has to talk to her lawyer about some real estate deal because it's an emergency. And she will not stop screetching until the steward apologizes. Then she will hang up and say that she is going to get the steward fired.

by Anonymousreply 5103/06/2013

Men are equal opportunity offenders, R51.

I was at the gym on a weekday and this clown kept getting calls from his office every 5 minutes.

Jesus Christ, man, if you're so fdamned important people have to call you every 5 minutes then stay the fuck in the office instead of having people calling you all the time. It's not a productive use of your time or your employees' time not is it conducive to a good workout.

by Anonymousreply 5203/06/2013

that woman and the man who she was speaking with should have their respective cell phones rammed up their holes and set on vibrate.

by Anonymousreply 5303/06/2013

Nobody annoyed me with his cellphone this weekend. Of course, I didn't go out this weekend as I am still not completely over the flu/bronchitis thing.

by Anonymousreply 5403/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!