Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Taylor Swift Tells Vanity Fair How Amy Poehler and Tina Fey Were MEAN To Her At The Golden Globes

[quote]“You know, Katie Couric is one of my favorite people,” Taylor Swift tells Vanity Fair contributing editor Nancy Jo Sales on the subject of mean girls in general and in response to an incident at this year’s Golden Globes, where Amy Poehler and Tina Fey mocked her highly scrutinized love life. “Because she said to me she had heard a quote that she loved, that said, ‘There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.’”

[quote]Specifically of her dating life, Swift says that “if you want some big revelation, since 2010 I have dated exactly two people,” meaning Conor Kennedy and One Direction’s Harry Styles. Though she has gone out with some of the entertainment world’s most notorious bachelors, including Jake Gyllenhaal, Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas, and John Mayer, Swift says, “[t]he fact that there are slide shows of a dozen guys that I either hugged on a red carpet or met for lunch or wrote a song with. . . it’s just kind of ridiculous.” As she sits drinking lavender lemonade in her “Tim Burton–Alice in Wonderland–pirate ship–Peter Pan” apartment, Swift continues, “It’s why I have to avoid the tabloid part of our culture, because they turn you into a fictional character.” When Sales asks Swift if she’s boy-crazy, Swift smiles. “For a female to write about her feelings, and then be portrayed as some clingy, insane, desperate girlfriend in need of making you marry her and have kids with her, I think that’s taking something that potentially should be celebrated—a woman writing about her feelings in a confessional way—that’s taking it and turning it and twisting it into something that is frankly a little sexist.”

by Anonymousreply 27303/24/2013

she's a douche who can't sing

by Anonymousreply 103/05/2013

The Taylor Swift thing could get tiresome if she isn't careful.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2013

At least Anne is entertaining in her insufferable entitlement. This creature is thoroughly annoying. Repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2013

Lavender lemonade! how precious.

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2013

[quote] I think that’s taking something that potentially should be celebrated—a woman writing about her feelings in a confessional way

Jesus christ.

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2013

I agree, R2. I feel Taylor needs to take a little break w/ interviews for a little while, and keep a low profile. Its important that she not wear her feelings on her sleeves in interviews. They are only going to use it against her later (in the tabloids, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

Et Tu, Vanity Fair?

Fuck this crazy bitch. Shes a product of an enormous marketing effort, and an example of the riches to be derived from mining groupthink.

She is vile. No talent, self-absorbed, and unstable with a skewed view of the world. To think this is some kind of cultural touchstone, with media saturation 24/7/365, disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

She should do a movie with Anne Hathaway. They are America's sweethearts.

by Anonymousreply 903/05/2013

Is she serious? She calls the tabloids every time she takes a dump. Now she's claiming to be victimized by them because they've done her bidding and duly publicized each of her tiresome showmances? Bitch, please!

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2013

[quote]her “Tim Burton–Alice in Wonderland–pirate ship–Peter Pan” apartment

What say you, tasteful friends?

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2013

40 years from now will she be as revered as Joni Mitchell is today?

by Anonymousreply 1203/05/2013

What a hypocritical little bitch. Her showmances are the very reason for her success. She's built a career on them. Her authorized "friend" talked about how she was "hurt."

Taylor gets "hurt" when she's told no. Then she stalks guys,ambushes them, and makes a scene. Seems like she pursues a guy and when he says "No thanks," she gets "hurt." Dlisted has a great piece on this. I guess she wrote a song about some girl calling her a slut.

She has crazy girl eyes. Very creepy. She's like a fatal attraction type in the making. Someone said she reminded him of the girl who pokes holes in the condom. I thought that was clever.

by Anonymousreply 1303/05/2013

[quote]some of the entertainment world’s most notorious bachelors,

Most notorious for what?

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013

[quote]Then she stalks guys

She took stalking to new heights when she bought a McMansion across the street from the Kennedy compound.

by Anonymousreply 1603/05/2013

Those boys are being mean to me!

by Anonymousreply 1703/05/2013

That wasn't her first real estate purchase to be closer to a guy.

by Anonymousreply 1803/05/2013

She's gay, but she doesnt know it yet

by Anonymousreply 1903/05/2013

The interaction with Poehler and Fey is not described in any context. How is that even an offensive comment?

by Anonymousreply 2003/05/2013

She used an obvious British accent to mock Harry Styles during her performance. It seems she can dish it out, but can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 2103/05/2013

I love how she says she never talks about her relationships and then has some flunky talk about how horrible Harry Styles was to her.

by Anonymousreply 2203/05/2013

You know, even as a gay guy I don't get the hate for Taylor Swift. Can't say I'm a huge fan of her music, but she catches a LOT of shit for her sugary little pop songs about all her boyfriends.

...yet, nobody bitches about the Justin Timberlakes or Justin Biebers who writer similar shit about this girl or that girl.

Swift may be a bit clueless, but she's also a really young woman, coming into womanhood in a vortex of fame, so I imagine it's got to be weird and awkward for her.

Yeah, her shtick is writing about her boyfriends and breakups and she seems to like to have sex... So what? So do the guys in her field and they don't seem to capture anywhere near the amount of hell she does.

And yes, Tina Fey can be a bitch and a bully. No big surprise there.

by Anonymousreply 2303/05/2013

She needs to thank God for Kanye West every day. I didn't even know her name or that MTV did awards shows anymore until that "imma let you finish" Kanye debacle.

by Anonymousreply 2403/05/2013

I like three of her songs. I will post them after lunch.

by Anonymousreply 2503/05/2013

R24, she had just broken out at that time; I hardly think homophobe, racist Kanye West can take ANY credit for this girl's fame.

Instead, think more in line of the legions of teenage girls and two something lonely hearts.. They're the ones who made her big.

by Anonymousreply 2603/05/2013

Lunch is late. Here's "Love Story."

by Anonymousreply 2703/05/2013

You Belong with Me

by Anonymousreply 2803/05/2013

And here is Father Tiger, doing "Head Hung Low." Which has nothing to do with Taylor Swift, but I thought I'd offer a little treat.

by Anonymousreply 2903/05/2013

Laughing at "homophobe racist" Kanye West, who made Miss Ann cry. The projection here is so absurd.

by Anonymousreply 3003/05/2013

Taylor Swift bases her entire image on the woman scorned and hurt meme. She uses her personal life and her dates as a basis for her PR Image, her songs, her storyline, etc. Her lyrics are garbage. She is a manufactured celebrity.

So yeah, she can dish it out but she can't take it. And please spare me the bullshit about how young she is. She's not a teenageer, she's 23, and she's worth hundreds of millions for peddling garbage.

She attaches her name to crap that song doctors "fix" for her, and she's the one who's made her personal life a subject for public discussion.

Swift is the center of a massive, multi-platformed marketing campaign that leaves no stone unturned. She is relentless. R23 don't you believe for one minute that the poor darling was catapulted for fame out of her control.

She has bought her fame and promotes herself shamelessly.Her product endorsement deals and her $$$ pays gossip blogs and tabloids to promote her with very carefully crafted stories.

Perez gets marketing dollars to promote her, as he has with others,and hse spreads those $$$ around to other entertainment industry outlets. She practically owns Us Weekly. There is never a moment when she's not in the spotlight. She merchandizes herself and her faux heartbreak for every dime she can get.

by Anonymousreply 3103/05/2013

BTW, Kanye is not a homophobe, and he's not a racist. As a matter of fact he was one of the first really prominent rappers/hip hop artists to publically support Gay Rights.

Kanye's been demonized and vilified without respite since he came on stage to interrupt Taylor. Kanye's brilliant when it comes to his music. Adele is brilliant, and how people can lump this POS in with true artists is pretty disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 3203/05/2013

Talentless twat, completely a creation of PR agents and marketers.

And to make it worse, she opens her mouth and complains about everyone and everything, and yet we must hear about every blink of her eye and every time a young man comes tumbling out of her vagina.

The solution, Lassie, is for you to disappear from public eye and never surface again. I'm sure there's a Burger King that needs a new counter girl SOMEWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 3303/05/2013

She's the one who made herself and her "lovelife" a subject for discussion, so why get pissed when comedians joke about it. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 3403/05/2013

[quote]yet, nobody bitches about the Justin Timberlakes or Justin Biebers

Nobody bitches about Bieber? What kind of bubble have you been living in? Most of the things I hear about Bieber are people trashing him.

by Anonymousreply 3603/05/2013

R29 - Thank you. REAL music. And that man is fucking HOT.

by Anonymousreply 3703/05/2013

She's a broken record with her song-writing; every single song is about an earnest young girl pining for a guy, or getting her heart broken by a guy, or both. Unlike, say, Katie Perry or Lady Gaga, there's no empowerment message to any of her music, and despite catchy beats and clever hooks, it's certainly not fun and light-hearted. It's all about girls defining themselves by the guy(s) they like and passively whining when they don't get him. Very anti-feminist.

by Anonymousreply 3803/05/2013

Kanye did make her famous. She became America' sweetheart because of his rant. Another thing to blame him for. I wish she would go away. But like herpes she is here to stay.

by Anonymousreply 3903/05/2013

I don't think this interview is being perceived like her handlers thought it would. Taylor is a strong, feminist y'all!

People are making fun of her, her immaturity, her Alice in Wonderland apartment and the fact that she DID buy a house near the Kennedys.

by Anonymousreply 4003/05/2013

She is pure wonderbread with sparkles on a slice- she is one and he same as Timberlake, Bieber etc. I guess that this is pretty much all that is left of American popular music these days, or at least "new" popular music.

The only way I can remotely understand it is through the eyes of 15 year old girls-

by Anonymousreply 4103/05/2013

Couric is NOT going to be happy with Swift for repeating what she said about two women who will have careers long after Swift is forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 4303/05/2013

Couric didn't make the comment about Poehler and Fey. It was just a general comment she made and Taylor is applying it to this situation.

by Anonymousreply 4403/05/2013

She needs to hide away. She's becoming that wierd girl who nobody in school wants to hang with.

by Anonymousreply 4503/05/2013

R42, it's not the sex. It's the post-coital whining.

I'm all for adults having all the sex they want. But if the guy rolls over afterwards and starts snoring, don't cry about having to take a taxi home, or his not calling you the next day. Go get drunk, call your girlfriends over for a hen party, and kvetch about the perfidy of men. Don't keep writing about the SOS.

That girl is *vapid*

by Anonymousreply 4603/05/2013

See, this is the pretty white girls get. Complain about the no-good guy, make millions. Everyone says, Oh, the poor sweet thing!

Let one of her many exes come out with an unflattering song about *her,* and heads will explode. How DARE he!

by Anonymousreply 4703/05/2013

[quote]You know, even as a gay guy I don't get the hate for Taylor Swift.

r23 = hate troll, too stupid to know the difference between dislike and hate.

Musicians run from Taylor Swift. Her voice has to be autotuned and processed so that her voice gets somewhere near the notes played by musicians. Some refuse to work with her, while others charge her big bucks since they have to deal with the torture of listening to her off-pitch singing.

[quote]she seems to like to have sex.

That's one of the silliest things posted all day. She's a beard. Most of the guys she goes out with are gay.

by Anonymousreply 4803/05/2013

This bitch needs to go.

And she can't sing for shit.

by Anonymousreply 4903/05/2013

It was a joke. If it had been leveled upon a man it would be taken in the spirit intended. I don't see Poehler and Fey as being out of bounds with this or as being women who don't help other women. I see them as women who treated Swift not as an infant but as a public figure who they believed would have the good grace and wearwithal to laugh with them.

by Anonymousreply 5003/05/2013

R37 More Father Tiger

by Anonymousreply 5103/05/2013

I have the EP R51. I want to have the singer's babies!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5203/05/2013

R52 He is one delicious-looking (and sounding) faygeleh, aint'a?

by Anonymousreply 5303/05/2013

R53, I said in another thread that it's as if Adam Levine and George Michael had a baby. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 5403/05/2013

R42 is a Taylor fanbot with no business on a gay message board, because if you are gay or a lesbian my name is Farina.

She did not have "best selling albums at 14." People need to quit making her out some kind of prodigy. She isn't. She signed a deal at 14 after she "wrote a letter to Sony."

Right. The R&D people at Sony always read letters from 14 yr olds. She's a manufactured celebrity. A fake. She was doing OK, but Kanye was the gift that shot her into the public consciousness in a way her handlers could only dream of.

I happen to love Any & Tina. Taylor can go fuck herself.

by Anonymousreply 5503/05/2013

r55, your self-righteous "my view is the only one that should be heard" act is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5603/05/2013

This bitch is insane.

This is what was said that provoked her apeshit overreaction:

Tina: "You know what Taylor Swift? You stay away from Michael J. Fox’s son."

Amy: “Or go for it.”

Tina: “No! She needs some ‘me’ time to learn about herself.”

Is Swift for real? Jesus christ.

by Anonymousreply 5703/05/2013

How does someone who wrote a letter to Sony at age 14 get signed? I'm not arguing, just curious. How did she get to Sony so young, or is that a lie, too?

by Anonymousreply 5803/05/2013

[quote]She was doing OK, but Kanye was the gift that shot her into the public consciousness in a way her handlers could only dream of.

This. Actually, Taylor was already a name and doing quite well at the time of the Kanye drama. However, his stunt made her a victim (the media and public wanted to feel sorry for, embrace, and comfort her), made him a villain (and much worse. The names that people called him and the crap written and said about him was excessively nasty. Quite a bit of anti-Kanye sentiment remains with the press and general public), and catapulted her in just the manner that R55 described. Taylor ought to be thanking Kanye every day for his impulsiveness.

by Anonymousreply 5903/05/2013

Late last year when she dated Harry Styles was the straw that broke the camel's back. The public no longer bought the image she was cultivating. Instead the public believes she is either using these guys or is a slut. She has been running away from those allegations ever since.

by Anonymousreply 6003/05/2013

All this little bitch does is whine all the time. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 6103/05/2013

Fashion sense? Durable denim? Colorfast & preshrunk?

by Anonymousreply 6203/05/2013

R55 Your opinion on who I am is worth shit.

I've never bought a Taylor Swift record in my life, wouldn't pay to see her. But I do know she was selling millions of records before Kanye & the Grammys & had already won country music award before then. And the reason why she was nominated for that Grammy that got Kanye all bent out of shape was because her album was the bestselling one of that year.

I'm sure that incident bought her more mainstream interest outside the country music world but I doubt it bought her anymore 13-15 year old fans who make up the majority of her fanbase.

And Kanye has always been an an asshole

by Anonymousreply 6303/05/2013

Her "songwriting" reads like a 12-year-old's diary entry. How is she 23? Is she developmentally delayed?

by Anonymousreply 6403/05/2013

[quote]And the reason why she was nominated for that Grammy that got Kanye all bent out of shape was because her album was the bestselling one of that year.

Wasn't the Kanye incident at the MTV Awards, not the Grammys? And didn't he say that Beyonce deserved the award instead of Taylor?

by Anonymousreply 6503/05/2013

Yes, [R65]. It was for best video at the MTV awards and Kanye thought Beyonce's video should have won.

by Anonymousreply 6603/05/2013

I think she's like Brooke Shield's, getting photographed with the current hot guy of the moment for publicity AND ego.

by Anonymousreply 6703/05/2013

Up until this point I had nothing against Taylor Swift. She made a career out of singing about her broken heart and she has used her pretty face, rail thin body and blonde hair to climb to the top of a cut throat industry. It's nothing new in the entertainment industry. However none of this has ever "helped" other women. Her very existence perpetuates the stereotype that only pretty young girls are allowed to be rich and famous, regardless of their talent or lack thereof. Her songs alone have dragged the feminist movement back 20 years. But as I said none of this is new.

Tina and Amy, on the other hand, paid their dues, climbed to the top in the male dominated environment that is SNL. They have inspired a bunch of girls (including my niece) to believe you don't have to look like a supermodel to be a success. And Taylor Swift has the audacity to suggest they don't help women because they made one insignificant crack about Taylor's love life which she herself has milked for fame and fortune. Ugh. Stupid girl. Shut up, you're embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 6803/05/2013

Her and Styles were a publicity stunt all along, of course she's still talking about it, the whole point was to get attention. I doubt this is the last we're going to hear about it by any means.

by Anonymousreply 6903/05/2013

Beyonce did deserve that award

by Anonymousreply 7003/05/2013

Read this somewhere online...."Taylor Swift's exes would get together and write a song about her, but no one wants to hear a song about missionary position."

by Anonymousreply 7103/05/2013

R64 That "12 year old" songwriting made stars of the 1960s girl groups, whom I find Taylor at her best to be reminiscent of.

I thought I hated her until I listened to a couple of her songs. They're actually perfectly good teen pop.

Haters gonna hate, v. 3,624,743.

by Anonymousreply 7303/05/2013

Oh please, r73. You cannot possibly compare Taylor Swifts's inane drivel with anything Diana Ross and the Supremes did. Those songs are still played 50(!) years later, and are deservedly classics.

by Anonymousreply 7403/05/2013

Well, I'm not going to be here in 50 years, so I guess I'll never know, but yes, I have heard (so far three) songs by Taylor Swift that stand up with the best of them.

The Supremes, BTW and FWIW, were probably my least favorite of the girl groups. I'm thinking more of the Ronettes, the Crystals, the Angels, the Chiffons, Lesley Gore, Dusty Springfield, Little Peggy March, the Shangri-Las, the Shirelles, the Jelly Beans, the Dixie Cups, the Exciters, the Caravelles, and on and on.

Somehow, Motown was its own separate thing, and the Supremes were more of Motown than they were one of the girl groups.

by Anonymousreply 7503/05/2013

Poehler has responded

by Anonymousreply 7603/05/2013

[quote]she has gone out with some of the entertainment world’s most notorious bachelors, including Jake Gyllenhaal, Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas, and John Mayer

by Anonymousreply 7703/05/2013

In response to Swift’s now-infamous quote about Poehler, Tina Fey, a single Golden Globes joke, and misappropriated feminism, the Parks and Rec and "Smart Girls" star told The Hollywood Reporter: “Aw, I feel bad if she was upset. I am a feminist and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff."

by Anonymousreply 7803/05/2013

Is the 'notorious bachelors' phrase a way of hinting that these guys are gay?

by Anonymousreply 7903/05/2013

Putting the names "Joni Mitchell" and "Taylor Swift" in the same sentence is revolting. This jumped up little PR cunt isn't fit to light Joni's cigarette.

John Mayer (the universal symbol for douchebag) said the only virginal thing about her was her ass and he took care of that. He also knocked her up and she had an abortion - probably a wise idea. Can you imagine the monumental douchebag, whiner, famewhore that would come from these two?

by Anonymousreply 8003/05/2013

What I don't get is how Taylor continues to get these major magazine covera? A few yeard ago they did a survey on magazines with celebs on the cover and one of the celebs who's sales numbers they looked at was Swift.

They found that magazines that put her on their covers saw sales decrease and she was not a "cover star", yet everywhere I turn she's on another cover. Are her PR people blowing editors,paying them? What are they doing

Unlike most pop stars she has a limited worldwide audience, which makes her covers even more bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 8103/05/2013

Great response from Poehler. Fuck Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 8203/05/2013

r2,that happened a looooong time ago.

by Anonymousreply 8303/05/2013

R79 Isn't that "confirmed" bachelors?

by Anonymousreply 8403/05/2013

And now Taylor Lautner appears to be with Patrick Shriver . . .

by Anonymousreply 8503/05/2013

The Poehler response:

[quote]In response to Swift’s now-infamous quote about Poehler, Tina Fey, a single Golden Globes joke, and misappropriated feminism, the Parks and Rec and "Smart Girls" star told The Hollywood Reporter: “Aw, I feel bad if she was upset. I am a feminist and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff."

Now see there, whiners? That's a woman worthy of respect and attention. We like her. Taylor Swift should bow down and be grateful that two women as talented Poehler and Fey even know her name.

by Anonymousreply 8603/05/2013

The "guess who I'm singing about!" schtick is growing very tiresome, very fast. Trust me--in a couple of years no one will give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 8703/05/2013

Wasn't she giving massive bitchface to Adele when she won at the Golden Globes?

Wendy Williams and a few others picked up on it the following day.

by Anonymousreply 8803/05/2013

Taylor Swift's advertisers and her agent get her covers. There is definitely a quid pro quo. I wish someone would really do a piece on the "brand" and the behind the scenes Taylor Swift, Inc. That would be interesting.

This article is not that interesting. She is thin-skinned and she lies. What else is new. Fucking with Amy Poehler & Tina Fey was not smart. I found her mildly annoying before, now I actively dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 8903/05/2013

She had dates with Patrick Schwarzenegger and Tim Tebow. That puts them both in the gay column unless there is concrete proof that they could be bi or straight.

She used Schwarzenegger to get an intro to his cousin, Conor, a high school student.

by Anonymousreply 9003/05/2013

[quote]Kanye's been demonized and vilified without respite since he came on stage to interrupt Taylor. Kanye's brilliant when it comes to his music. Adele is brilliant, and how people can lump this POS in with true artists is pretty disgusting.

Kanye was an asshole long before he interrupted Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 9103/05/2013

And she's ugly too. I don't care that her eyes are blue, she's a blonde and has Revlon endorsements, she's got a face like a rodent.

by Anonymousreply 9203/05/2013

[quote]She had dates with Patrick Schwarzenegger

Who is now hanging out with Taylor Lautner . . .

by Anonymousreply 9303/05/2013

She hung around Patrick until Maria intervened and they foisted her onto Conor. Maria found her "odd." She tried to monopolize Patrick's time and tag along. Was always asking him to re-arrange his schedule so they could "hang out." They never really dated, they just hung out together a lot.

Her publicist arranged a dinner meeting with Tebow at a restaurant, and he was accompanied by his manager. They visited for less than an hour, and he said no thanks. They were trying to arrange a "date." Tebow ran the other way.

Gwyneth Paltrow suggested her to Gyllenhaal, and arranged for them to meet. He had a movie coming out, and her album was coming out. They went out a few times, and he said he wasn't interested.

According to Us Magazine, he said he didn't want to deal with all the publicity, and had no interest or energy in dating her. He tried to be nice. but she wouldn't take no for answer.

She did the same thing to Joe Jonas. Joe's mother had to intervene. Then Joe started dating a new girl, & she wrote a song about her called her a slut and stalked them. Taylor is crazy. Desperate to be part of the "in crowd."

by Anonymousreply 9403/05/2013

I am so in love with Amy Poehler, and have been for years.

by Anonymousreply 9503/05/2013

Isn't it interesting that two of Swift's 'ex-boyfriends', Taylor Lautner and Patrick Shriver, are now apparently involved?

by Anonymousreply 9603/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 9703/05/2013

Why was she at the Golden Globes in the first place?? That's what I want to know.

by Anonymousreply 9803/05/2013

[quote]Why was she at the Golden Globes in the first place??

her shitty song was nominated

by Anonymousreply 9903/05/2013

Amy and Tina have more talent and wit in their little toes than Taylor has in her whole body. She is vapid while they are intelligent and funny. For a brat like Taylor, who's entire schtick revolves around immature songs about boys, to suggest that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are woman-haters is so fucking laughably. Tina and Amy have done more for women in entertainment and comedy than this spoiled brat can ever dream of.

by Anonymousreply 10003/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 10103/05/2013

Is it me or is that first paragraph poorly written? I thought she was complaining they told her off in person.

Anyway, poor Taylor is quite dislike by Daily Mail readers.

by Anonymousreply 10203/05/2013

Will there be a backlash? Has our National Poor-me- Wah- Wah -Wah girl finally broken the camel's back with her last straw?

by Anonymousreply 10303/05/2013

I swear, for most female singers today, a music career is secondary to endorsments. It seems that being an artist is just a means to and end to getting a big cosmetics contract etc. It's nothing but marketing now.

by Anonymousreply 10503/05/2013

[quote]She had dates with Patrick Schwarzenegger

Yes, another gay man.

by Anonymousreply 10603/05/2013

R13, you are mentally disturbed, insane, and deeply mentally ill along with being completely wrong in your so-called facts, interpretations, and opinions.

by Anonymousreply 10703/05/2013

Patrick has gay face.

by Anonymousreply 10803/05/2013

She might be gay herself lol

by Anonymousreply 10903/05/2013

R106, are you assuming Patrick is gay because he was seen out with Taylor Lautner recently?

by Anonymousreply 11003/05/2013

Wealthy trustfunder with no talent pushed by daddy to be a "star!", just like that other talentless hack Lana del whatever.

by Anonymousreply 11103/05/2013

Do you all really hate this song?

by Anonymousreply 11203/05/2013

Not surprisingly, they discussed the Vanity Fair interview and photoshoot on Extra but they never mentioned her catty comments about Amy and Tina.

by Anonymousreply 11303/05/2013

Oh Taylor - just fucking take a joke will ya?

And no one is crying for you. God I hate her now.

by Anonymousreply 11403/05/2013

UPDATE: Amy Poehler, who founded a Web site called “Smart Girls at the Party” meant to empower girls and young women, has responded with her classic charm, telling the Hollywood Reporter: “Aw, I feel bad if she was upset. I am a feminist, and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff. ”

by Anonymousreply 11503/05/2013

Tina Fey has now responded

[quote]"I really don't know, if anyone was going to get mad I thought it would be James Cameron," she told ET exclusively at the premiere of her new movie, Admission, in NY tonight. "I did not see that one coming. It was a joke, it was meant to be lighthearted."

by Anonymousreply 11603/05/2013

For a thread of posts pointing out Taylor's dependence on tabloids and P.R., the posts suggesting that this, TOO, is NOTHING BUT MORE P.R. are rare.

Kanye's "interruption" was all planned, all known, all part of Taylor's "initiation."

She was Harry Styles's BEARD, FGS. Her "British accent" was to HELP his closetting.

Watch a few of her televised performances; you'll see that TS is in NO danger of being out of favor with TPTB.

"A special place in Hell" might not be the negative expression most might infer.

by Anonymousreply 11703/05/2013

Hey look at R119 - Taylor's PR team is here!

Sorry - but look at the evidence. This is what people think of you and these recent comments sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 12003/05/2013

Please be a parody post, R119.

by Anonymousreply 12103/05/2013

"There's a special place in Hell for women who do not help other women." -- Madeleine Albright.

I'm not sure who's dumber: Katie Couric for quoting Albright who was speaking of actual woman-on-woman sabotage and hatred in a situation that really called for, "Hey, kid, relax. It was a joke and they are teasing you in a big sister way. It means they noticed you and in this business, that's a good thing. Laugh it off and move on." Or Taylor Swift for not realizing any of it to begin with.

Poehler and Fey could have raked both Couric and Swift over the coals for having dramatic and crybaby reactions but they've, once again, proven to be class acts all the way.

by Anonymousreply 12203/05/2013

I was disappointed, too, R123. That poor child's dating life should be kept private and not subject to national attention by those unfunny women. Taylor has always managed to be very discreet in regard to her bearding relationships and people should honor her intentions. As a result of comments by Poehler and Fey, the whole nation thinks this innocent girl is a total slut.

[bold]LEAVE TAYLOR ALONE!!!!!!!!!!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 12403/05/2013

Just because she's another woman, doesn't meant other women can't be bitchy to her.

by Anonymousreply 12503/05/2013

R126 - they never said that.

by Anonymousreply 12703/05/2013

R126/R129 - no they didn't. You're switching it around - they said that Taylor should stay away from him, not that he should stay away from Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 13003/05/2013

Taylor Swift is a nice girl. She never even once tried to touch my pee pee or show me her girly parts. I was so relieved.

by Anonymousreply 13303/05/2013

Wow, Sam Fox is the spitting image of his father.

by Anonymousreply 13403/06/2013

[quote]Poehler and Fey could have raked both Couric and Swift over the coals for having dramatic and crybaby reactions but they've, once again, proven to be class acts all the way

Katie Couric did not comment on this incident. Swifty pulled an old quote of Katie Couric and inserted it into her drama.

She's a stupid, conniving bitch who shoves her dalliances into public view for her own gain.

by Anonymousreply 13503/06/2013

Taylor is such a dumb white cunt. Don't put your personal life out there via interviews and stupid songs about botched romances, and I promise you, it won't become fodder for comedians. She brought this on herself. IFHH. Please die now Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 13603/06/2013

The woman has absolutely no known talent. If it weren't for truetone and Kanye West she would have no career.

by Anonymousreply 13703/06/2013

[quote]I'm convinced that Tina Fey was a Mean Girl herself and that she drew from personal experience when writing Mean Girls. She WAS Regina.

Fey was a shy, bookish nerd and a late bloomer who lost her virginity at 25.

by Anonymousreply 13803/06/2013

I love Amy Poehler's response to that fucking brat. If Taylor Swift can't stand the heat, she needs to keep her non-talented ass out of the kitchen. Fact: The bitch is a serial dater who is addicted to drama (which becomes the basis for 100% of her songs).

by Anonymousreply 13903/06/2013

It would be great to hear Joan Rivers' take on Swifty's comments about Tina and Amy.

by Anonymousreply 14003/06/2013

The little Taylor fans have taken over commentary at VF.

by Anonymousreply 14103/06/2013

When you see a clueless moron like R142 posting here, you have to wonder is this a stupid teengirl who can barely read, nor comprehend what is being written about the event? Is it someone who is totally ignorant of Swifty's desperate need for Autotune in order to sing? Is it a blithering idiot who can't go to YouTube to see what was really said to the no-talent Swifty?

by Anonymousreply 14303/06/2013

I love Amy Poehler. She's the best. Good for her and Tina Fey to take the high road.

by Anonymousreply 14403/06/2013

A friend's teenage daughter tells me that she and her friends don't like Taylor Swift after she tried to make Conor Kennedy's mother's funeral all about her. They didn't like her buying a house across from his to stalk him either. Their knowledge of history goes back about three months so it's not about the Kennedys; it's about what these girls perceived as very bad behavior.

The Harry Styles mess only made it worse.

I think the time when there was no such thing as bad publicity may be over. Celebrities are now being judged for their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 14503/06/2013

[quote]A friend's teenage daughter tells me that she and her friends don't like Taylor Swift after she tried to make Conor Kennedy's mother's funeral all about her.

It wasn't a funeral. It was a Kennedy wedding she crashed and which she was expressly told to leave and didn't.

And yes this actually happened. I know someone who was at the wedding and it happened just like that.

by Anonymousreply 14703/06/2013

R146, are you a cross section of Taylor Swift fans or teenage girls? Or maybe you work for her?

I only mentioned it because I think her star may be falling. These are girls who are online all the time, so I don't believe they are alone in their opinion of her.

by Anonymousreply 14803/06/2013

Actually, R26, they're probably referring to a visit to his mother's grave with the family that somehow wound up getting reported and papped. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 14903/06/2013

I think Taylor peaked with her last album. It will be interesting where she goes from here. She'll be entering her mid 20s and I don't think she can get away with this "golly gee!" little girl stuff anymore.

If she doesn't mature along with her teen audience, they'll leave her behind for more racy, grown up music. Her marketing gimmick is stale, to such a point that she's a joke. And it's obvious with the VF article that she has no humor about herself at all.

Taking on Amy and Tina was a very very bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 15003/06/2013

Here's the picture. Do the Kennedys call the paps?

by Anonymousreply 15103/06/2013

Michael J. Fox was reportedly very shaken by Taylor trying to hook up with his son.

by Anonymousreply 15203/06/2013

That's just wrong, R152. W&W

by Anonymousreply 15303/06/2013

R152 is funny. R154 / R155 is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 15603/06/2013

OMG r154/r155! Can you really be that dense and not know a good joke when you see it?

by Anonymousreply 15703/06/2013

R152 was joking!!!!!

Only a moron couldn't comprehend the joke.

R154 and R155 should stop advertising their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 15803/06/2013

R157, the word "dense" is an excellent descriptor of the average Taylor Swift fangurl. "Downright dumb" would probably work too.

by Anonymousreply 15903/06/2013

R154/155 is an example of the little Taylor fangirls who are currently defending her honor on any and every site this is story is discussed. I wonder how much overlap there is with the Twitard fandom.

by Anonymousreply 16003/06/2013

Michael J. Fox was so grateful to Amy and Tina for telling off Taylor, he made them a pitcher of martinis after the show.

by Anonymousreply 16103/06/2013

Poor beleaguered baby.

by Anonymousreply 16203/06/2013

[quote]Michael J. Fox was so grateful to Amy and Tina for telling off Taylor, he made them a pitcher of martinis after the show.

R154 - R155 will be all shook up when they read that comment.

by Anonymousreply 16303/06/2013

I don't get Taylor swift. Her voice has no weight to it. She has a very weak and thin tone. There's just nothing special about her voice. But then again, you don't have to be a great singer to sing Pop music.

by Anonymousreply 16403/06/2013

She lives in a bubble.Her mother, her publicist,and her staff are all "friends" who re-enforce her narcissistic behavior.

I've read lacerating rants about other celebs, who've had their asses handed to them by gossip mavens, yet Taylor is handled with kid gloves. When she made the "special place in hell" comment, I was offended for Tina & Amy.

Couric was quoting Madelyn Albright about the worldwode persecution of women,so Taylor was downright ignorant. Over the top.

Taylor's a bully. Even mild criticism about her gets blasted by her marketing operation. It's pretty comprehensive. Taylor goes apeshit. Her marketing team gives out alerts thru social media encouraging fans to "defend" Taylor when they see negative stuff in the media.

So yeah,the Taylorbots are coming out in force with their stupid shit, and some are on here trying to defend her. Hey, Taylorbots, go suck on a big one. And remember to swallow. Just relax that gag reflex and let it happen, dolls.

by Anonymousreply 16503/06/2013

Taylor, go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 16703/06/2013

F&F for R166. This site needs Taylorbots like I need a dick coming out of my forehead.

by Anonymousreply 16903/06/2013

[quote]She lives in a bubble.

This whiney asshole is lucky she's famous and can afford to have "yes men/women" around her 24/7 because she would never make it in the real world. She's got no spine and cries and whines whenever someone says/does something she doesn't like.

by Anonymousreply 17003/06/2013

[quote]She lives in a bubble.

A "Tim Burton–Alice in Wonderland–pirate ship–Peter Pan" bubble. Could you imagine? No wonder she's probably a virgin. What guy would want to fuck in that?

by Anonymousreply 17103/06/2013

There are some people stupid enough to believe that she really writes her own songs. They're the type of brainless twit who think she can actually sing on pitch.

Even after the Kennedys kicked her out of the wedding reception, she still thought that living across the street would get her a Kennedy teen husband. She's desperate to become Taylor Swift-Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 17203/06/2013

Gifted songwriter? Please tell me that is a parody post.

"We are never ever ever getting back together We are never ever ever getting back together You go talk to your friends talk To my friends talk to me But we are never ever ever ever getting back together"

She has a much depth as the shallow end of the kiddie pool.

by Anonymousreply 17303/06/2013

Does Taylor pay you by the word, R174?

by Anonymousreply 17503/06/2013

Taylor Swift is essentially a sexual predator.

by Anonymousreply 17603/06/2013

R174 is hilarious. Some of these Taylorbots are pretty funny. In a grotesque sort of way. I mean, I've wondered who the fuck cares about Taylor Swift. Who listens to her, why is she popular? And now we have insight. We have the lab rats converging. No wonder our culture is in trouble when mediocrity is celebrated with such zeal.

by Anonymousreply 17703/06/2013

R174 is a true warrior. Imagine if she invested her passion in something worthy!

by Anonymousreply 17803/06/2013

[quote]You know, musical notes strung together into compositions of melodies, harmonies, and intricate interplays.

Most of us understand music, R174, but don't know what that has to do with Swifty. Are you attempting to claim that she actually composes the tunes bear her name?

I guess you're no different from the dozen people who thought that Elvis actually wrote the music for "Love Me Tender." Intelligent people knew better.

by Anonymousreply 17903/06/2013

If she was half as insightful as her minions like to claim, she'd be able to recognise a joke. She's a humourless primadonna with a rodent face and a pathological need to have cameras pointed at her. Musically, she's more lightweight than helium and I suspect she'll be a has-been within five years.

by Anonymousreply 18003/06/2013

Do you write for Bill Maher, r180? I recognize the cadence of your words.

If not, you should. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 18103/06/2013

Eh...don't like Swift, but Poehler and Fey are the cattiest hags in town.

by Anonymousreply 18203/06/2013

[quote]Eh...don't like Swift, but Poehler and Fey are the cattiest hags in town.

And Swift isn't catty with her lame breakup songs?

by Anonymousreply 18303/06/2013

Fey and Poehler out-catty her, R183.

by Anonymousreply 18403/06/2013

R184 That's not the point. The point is she's catty herself, so she really can't talk. Plus, Fey and Poehler have been around for years and years. When Swift gets to be their age, I'm sure she'll be even more catty.

by Anonymousreply 18603/06/2013

Bullshit, R182/184. This is truly much ado about nothing. Taylor's not a chilkd. SHe's a grown-assed woman. acting like a thin-sknned little brat. She puts her personal life on front street, then gets upset if people joke about it.

As I recall, Amy & Tina said it was time for Taylor to spend some time with herself. "Me time." That probably hit close to home. Good. There was nothing catty about it. Golden Globe hosts say much worse.

Taylor was embarrassed. But for her to talk about a "special place in hell" in terms of Tina & Amy? Taylor is a POS. I don't give a fuck what you think of Amy & Tina. There's nothing catty about being up front.

Catty is when you're underhanded. When you deny shit and lie about shit and have other people do your dirty work. Taylor should know what catty is.

by Anonymousreply 18703/06/2013

Has Katie said something? I am sure she isn;t happy that she was mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 18803/06/2013

R187, "catty" is one person shitting on another person for arbitrary reasons usually because they are jealous. Quit confusing "catty" with "devious".

by Anonymousreply 18903/06/2013

I so wish we got to see Taylor's reaction to Tina's comment at the Golden Globes... stone-faced and squinty-eyed I bet!

by Anonymousreply 19103/07/2013

Supposedly, she was in the restroom at the time they made the joke.

by Anonymousreply 19203/07/2013

Is Taylor still a virgin? Has there ever been this much fuss about an intact hymen?

by Anonymousreply 19303/07/2013

R31 I've longed suspected she has a major deal with Anthropologie.

Anyway, I think this quote is taken out of context - I've seen too many entertainment interviews do that for sensationalism's sake. If not, then there was some sort of pre-arrangement between her team and VF with a pre-set 'salacious' meter. It's all so tedious and calculated.

by Anonymousreply 19403/07/2013

The Connor Kennedy fling was truly unhinged. The poor boy was dealing with his mother's suicide after an ugly divorce. Swiftly stalked him for his family connections. Notice she didn't write a song about him she still wants an in with the family.

by Anonymousreply 19503/07/2013

So Taylor thinks that because she's a female (plus a media whore, beard, vindictive bitch and twat) that every other female in the world should be in her corner or else they belong in hell? What an ego this cunt has!

by Anonymousreply 19603/07/2013

So tired of her shoving her overexposed "innocence" down everyone's throat. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 19703/07/2013

I don't like Swift, but I don't like Poehler either. Poehler is smart enough to have grabbed onto Fey's coattails on SNL, though. I don't think Taylor is that Swift.

by Anonymousreply 19803/07/2013

Poehler didn't grab onto anyone's coattails, R198. She actually turned down SNL four times before agreeing to join the cast in 2001, and she's the one who talked Fey into joining SNL as a writer in 1997. (Fey had been dating her boyfriend, Jeff Richmond, for three years and was afraid he would break up with her if she left Chicago. Poehler convinced her if Richmond loved her he would want her to follow her dream.)

Poehler, meanwhile, appeared in sketches on Conan's show from 1996 to 2000, and she starred in The Upright Citizens Brigade on Comedy Central from 1998 to 2000. She was exceptionally loyal to the UCB, and now they have three of the most influential comedy theaters in the country, two in NYC and one in LA.

In her book Bossypants, Fey credits Poehler with changing the culture at SNL so that women were on equal ground with the men.

by Anonymousreply 19903/07/2013

My cunt is gaping but not from any of my phony boyfriends. Is there a special place in hell for a talentless, phony, creepy twat.

by Anonymousreply 20003/07/2013

It gives me great pleasure to see all three of these media darlings get into a public cat fight about being more feminist than thou.

All three of them are hypocritical bitches.

by Anonymousreply 20103/07/2013

How are Poehler and Fey hypocritical?

by Anonymousreply 20203/07/2013

[quote]It gives me great pleasure to see all three of these media darlings get into a public cat fight about being more feminist than thou.

It's funny that some idiot thinks there is a "cat fight" when none exists. Both ladies could have verbally bashed the stupid little bitch with ease, but they weren't going to get dragged into her immature drama. They treated Swifty's mindless drama attempts as if brushing off an annoying little gnat.

by Anonymousreply 20303/07/2013

Leave me out of this!

by Anonymousreply 20603/07/2013

25 and under, R207? I don't think so. More like 16 and under.

by Anonymousreply 20803/07/2013

R207: try 25 and under gay men.

by Anonymousreply 20903/07/2013

[quote]More like 16 and under.

Yep. Although I do know a couple of women in their thirties who adore Taylor Swift. But generally, I'd say girls 16 and under. And yes, it's almost all white girls or girls who want to be white (Asian chicks, for instance).

by Anonymousreply 21003/07/2013

R190 "brainwashed mediocrity". what a backwoods retard.

by Anonymousreply 21103/07/2013

Whether under 25 or under 16 the issue is that her appeal is limited to a demographic that has transient interests and is notoriously fickle. The Biebers and boy banders eventually and rather quickly lose their appeal and fade into reality shows or obscurity unless they're able to reinvent themselves. Being able to reinvent has to do with having some core of talent and the intelligence to use it.

I personally find her music unpalatable because it's fakey, saccharine, and driven by marketing considerations. And the maturity level of the lyrics leaves much to be desired. But I honestly don't know if she has talent or not. Maybe she does and is just going with the marketing trend.

But if the way she handled this incident is any indicator, it doesn't seem like she has any emotional intelligence or ability to be flexible. She's so freaking tone deaf it hurts. I don't think she'd have a clue as to how to reinvent herself, assuming she does have talent.

by Anonymousreply 21203/07/2013

Who do you think made Taylor Swift famous in the first place, morons? A straight male publicity machine took one look at her and said "Me so hard!". Then spent millions banking on her looks. When has the media ever been above telling people what to like? The revulsion for little girls on this website is sociopathic.

by Anonymousreply 21303/07/2013

"Revulsion for little girls"

Hyperbole much?

by Anonymousreply 21503/07/2013

Loving "You Belong with Me." C'mon, listen. You know you want to. You at least want to see the cute boy she's singing it to.

by Anonymousreply 21603/07/2013

It seems we've been invaded by Taylorbots like R204. Is there no precinct that is a free zone? You insult this board. Do you know how repulsive you have to be to insult DL? Straight female acolytes on a mission from TaylorLand.

Bravo, R205!

by Anonymousreply 21703/07/2013

To all you Taylorbots all I want to say is, you live in a pathetically small world. Otherwise you'd realize that Taylor Swift is tedious. She is boring and puerile and uninteresting. Her 15 minutes are up. So fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 21803/07/2013

I never thought much about her until I saw a "pap" pick of her in Paris riding around on a cute old-fashioned "girls bike" with a little basket on the front suitable for Toto, wearing a poufy skirted dress and no helmet--a true fantasy image of someone "riding around Paris on her bike" and oh, so twee. After that, I totally started despising her. All marketing and marginal talent and probably slightly mentally ill. She was created for the times. Oh, and fuck this shit about how she's so young, only 23, entering womanhood etc. blather blather bullshit and more bullshit. Lots of young women that age are holding down jobs, raising kids, dealing with bum husbands and wondering how long the money is gonna hold out before they're kicked out of their crummy apartments. Spare me the justifications for her lunacy.

by Anonymousreply 21903/07/2013

Are you really so less-than-intelligent, R217 R218, that you call people who like a few bits of Taylor's music "Taylorbots"? I guess you are.

I'm gay. I'm even elder. And I like a few of her songs. So I'm derided for it and called "straight" and "female" and an "acolyte."

I guess you are that less-than-intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 22003/07/2013

Taylorbot who has infested this thread is also one of those Anderson Cooper trolls. Banish the fanfrau!!

by Anonymousreply 22103/07/2013

Uh, R213? I despise misogyny and call it out on DL whenever I see it, but I don't see how it demonstrates "revulsion for little girls" to point out that they're the target demographic for substandard pop acts like Swift. The main point most people have made about this demographic is that they grow out of the stuff they like at that age, and that as we've seen hundreds of times before, this doesn't bode well for the entertainers who depend on them. I liked tons of crap when I was an adolescent (or younger) that I just laugh about now, and one day most of Swift's fans will laugh about how they once considered her lyrics "deep."

If anything, my revulsion is reserved for the adults who create and market this dumbed down crap. I think most children are actually capable of appreciating much more than society usually gives them credit for, and it's not really their fault that the music industry chooses to aggressively shove highly manufactured, non-challenging bullshit down their throats.

by Anonymousreply 22203/07/2013

[quote]I'm gay. I'm even elder. And I like a few of her songs.

That's so sad. My heart goes out. Have you been tested for onset of dementia?

by Anonymousreply 22303/07/2013

You are a stinking twat R223. Rotten and stinking.

by Anonymousreply 22403/07/2013

I don't think you're the person being referred to, R20. There's another poster who seems to have no connection to DL beyond having done a Google search to find references to an adored pop idol. This happens every once in a while, especially on Robsten threads or on threads where there are obsessed fandoms. You just seem to like some songs.

by Anonymousreply 22503/07/2013

Agee R201. They're all three just useless twats

by Anonymousreply 22603/07/2013

I meant R220 at R225.

by Anonymousreply 22703/07/2013

Oh, I guess that makes it better. Tell you what. Let's listen to "Love Story."

It's an excellent piece of teen pop, no matter what the residents of Douchestrasse here have to say about it.

by Anonymousreply 22803/07/2013

What a little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 22903/07/2013

Taybot's back. She must really be getting pain on a per word basis.

by Anonymousreply 23103/07/2013

[quote]she writes both the music and the lyrics for all of her songs,

And she sings them with perfect pitch, too!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 23303/07/2013

What's the song, R230?

by Anonymousreply 23403/07/2013

Who knew DL had a Taylor fan club?

by Anonymousreply 23503/07/2013

Most already forgot about the joke or would have forgotten it had she not commented on it.

A simple "I thought it was funny", even if she didn't, would have worked.

by Anonymousreply 23603/07/2013

I don't think I've ever hated a song as much as I hate "We Are Never, Ever, Ever, Ever, Ever, Ever Gettin Back Together."

by Anonymousreply 23703/07/2013

LOL! R233

by Anonymousreply 23803/07/2013

[quote]More tidbits from Taylor Swift’s much-discussed Vanity Fair cover story (not online): Swift has “a framed photograph of that moment at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards when Kayne West interrupted her” hanging in her home. Other home décor choices include “a six-foot topiary rabbit,” “antique birdcages everywhere,” and a “koi pond in the middle of the living room.”

by Anonymousreply 23903/07/2013

I guess Vanity Fair wants to get the Us Weekly/People Magazine crowd interrested in this month's issue. The only problem is, there are too many words in Vanity Fair.

by Anonymousreply 24003/08/2013

Someone needs to tell her that she's the one that can fix Chris Brown.

by Anonymousreply 24103/08/2013

In every one of her cunty songs it's always the ex-boyfriend DYING and BEGGING to be back with her. She's a repulsive, vile little cunt with no fucking talent!

by Anonymousreply 24203/08/2013

I miss the old days of Vanity Fair, when only celebrities of merit got the cover.

by Anonymousreply 24303/08/2013

How old are all you Swift fangurls infecting this tread? This silly bitch is pushing 24 and still acts like she's 16, which is why we can't take her seriously. Everything about her is boring, bubblegum, blah.

by Anonymousreply 24403/08/2013

She was going to play Eponine, (the obsessive stalkerish girl who stands around in the rain and then isn't even nominated) in Les Miserables but was scared off by the acting required.

by Anonymousreply 24503/08/2013

Acting required? The girl can't SING.

by Anonymousreply 24603/08/2013

[quote]she writes both the music and the lyrics for all of her songs,

She turned down a Rhodes scholarship in order to continue writing lyrics, composing music, and singing on pitch. She figured that studies at the University of Oxford would interfere with her contributions to the music world.

by Anonymousreply 24703/08/2013

Tina and Amy were not making fun of HER, but were making fun of the fact that she writes a fuck-you song about every guy she ever speaks to, meets, or dates.

If she doesn't want people to make fun of her, perhaps she shouldn't be a walking fucking punchline.

And as others have mentioned, this bitch can't SING. Why she is famous is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 24803/08/2013

r241? I love you.

by Anonymousreply 24903/08/2013

Maybe you're right R250. But we don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 25103/08/2013

If you "don't give a fuck," R251, what are you doing here posting about her and her music?

Still waiting for your own big record deal?

by Anonymousreply 25203/08/2013

I don't know who is crazier, the Taylorbot, the Madonnabot, the Kristenbot, or the Janbot.

But trying to convince us that Taylor is a good songwriter? No, just no.

by Anonymousreply 25303/08/2013

[quote]Swift has “a framed photograph of that moment at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards when Kayne West interrupted her” hanging in her home.

I *knew* Swift was thanking West daily for his dumb move.

by Anonymousreply 25403/08/2013

R250, subjectivity aside, you have horrible, horrible taste in music.

by Anonymousreply 25503/11/2013

When Tina Fey was asked by a pap to address the issue, she told him to "go fuck yourself".

Good girl.

by Anonymousreply 25603/11/2013

R255, I don't seek out her music.

I've just seen her perform her music on a huge number of awards shows and on the country music tv channels CMT and GAC where they play her music videos during the Top 20 Countdown shows.

But it's easy to see that she has songwriting talent, guitar and banjo abilities, is a gifted songwriter, and has a sense of poetry.

by Anonymousreply 25703/12/2013

[quote]But it's easy to see that she has songwriting talent, guitar and banjo abilities, is a gifted songwriter, and has a sense of poetry.

She has an amazing amount of talent, just bursting with song after song like other great composers - Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, Lorenz Hart, Jerome Kern. Her perfect pitch is even more amazing. Had she wanted, she could be in leading roles at La Scala and the Met. Her sense of poetry can't even be matched by Longfellow and Dr. Maya Angelou. As a guitarist, she could have taught Andres Segovia.

by Anonymousreply 25803/13/2013

Yes, R258, and if she sometimes looks constipated, it's because when she shits, she shits gold bricks.

by Anonymousreply 25903/13/2013

[quote]if she sometimes looks constipated, it's because when she shits, she shits gold bricks.

She pisses Holy Water.

by Anonymousreply 26003/13/2013

Whatever. The point is Tina & Amy were not doing anything particularly insulting or offensive and if she can't take a joke she is a thin-skinned phoney. Fuck her. We spend too much time on her.

by Anonymousreply 26203/13/2013

A "total cunt," R261? Or someone who dares to be good at the job AND a woman so she must be a total cunt?

by Anonymousreply 26303/13/2013

Those were their words, not mine.

by Anonymousreply 26403/13/2013

Were they male or female, R261? I'm not saying she wasn't a cunt, but am curious if it's a gender thing. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 26503/13/2013

Phrases like that are so overused, especially on DL, that they're essentially meaningless, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 26603/14/2013

R265 Both. I think cunt is a more extreme form of calling someone a bitch. I've heard guys called "cunt" before too. In fact in the UK the word sees no gender. I've just never heard a female referred to as a "dick" before.

all, that aside, and I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift, I think if ANYONE is invited to host an awards show the should have the common courtesy to respect their guests no matter who they are. I find Tina Fey has not earned the entitlement she thinks she has to roast guests. She's not funny and never will be.

by Anonymousreply 26703/14/2013

[quote]I think if ANYONE is invited to host an awards show the should have the common courtesy to respect their guests no matter who they are.

No doubt you never watched David Letterman, Chevy Chase, Billy Crystal and other comics hosting awards shows. If they had announced in advance that they would not joke about the guests, they wouldn't have gotten the hosting job. Didn't it ever cross your mind that comics are NOT selected to host those shows to just stand there and announce the next guest with no comments?

Could it be that you find it okay for men to take jabs at the people in the audience but you think it's not okay for female comics?

by Anonymousreply 26803/14/2013

I listened to the Taylorbot's links, for as long as I could stand them. Damn is that bad, bad music. It's truly unlistenable unless you have incredibly insipid taste. Kayne is an ass, but her horrible music is just the kind that would inspire a drunk asshole to diss it.

by Anonymousreply 26903/14/2013

That joke was NOT a roast. It was a totally unoffensive little poke at Taylor. I didn't even remember the joke until this little brat brought it up in VF. There were much more harsher jokes aimed at power players like James Cameron and I didn't hear him complaining.

by Anonymousreply 27003/14/2013

This would be a good time career-wise for Taylor to take a nice little vacation. Let her fans miss a bit.

by Anonymousreply 27103/14/2013

[quote] Could it be that you find it okay for men to take jabs at the people in the audience but you think it's not okay for female comics? [/quote]

only if they are as unfunny as Tina Fey.

by Anonymousreply 27203/14/2013

So is Taylor Swift finally lying low?

by Anonymousreply 27303/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!