Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Two boyfriends Were Kicked Out Of California Mall By Security Guard After Kissing And Holding Hands on A Bench: FOX40 Reports

Boyfriends Daniel Chesmore, 21, and Jose Juzman, 24, were asked to leave the Westfield Galleria in Roseville, California Saturday for kissing and holding hands in a FOX40 report.

According to 21-year-old Chesmore, he and his boyfriend shared a few kisses while holding hands. When a security guard confronted the couple about the kissing at the Westfield mall, they began recording the incident. On the recording a voice is heard telling the couple “If you continue to kiss, you will be asked to leave the mall. Period. I counted you guys kissing 25 times. I told you before, we contact any couple [...] about this.

Watch the video report and what Facebook users had to say at the link.

by Anonymousreply 6003/10/2013

Seriously California? Come on, your the most progressive state in the union

by Anonymousreply 103/05/2013

Even Salem is more progressive than this place.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2013

I'm conflicted. I hate seeing couples kiss in public. But if straight couples can get away with it, so should gay couples.

But honestly, I don't want to see ANYONE making out in public.

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2013

They should be embarrassed to admit going to the mall and the older of the two could stand to lose 15lbs but their treatment was wrong. The mall manager's reaction ("I have to go to a meeting") tells you all you need to know about how it is run.

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2013

What r3 said.

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2013

Wow, you should be allowed to kiss where ever you want. F#ck that mall

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2013

Yeah, I agree with R3.

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

Young queerlings are so defiant and "in your face" and all. It's cute. It's annoying, but it's cute.

This reminds me of when I was in a local pub a few years ago. It was a lesbian-owned joint and it had a large gay clientele but lots of straight people too. There was a table of baby dykes sitting next to my BF and I and two of them were making out quite intently. They'd stop to look around defiantly to see who was watching (including at us) and get back to it. People mostly ignored them.

We rolled our eyes, not because it was two girls making out in a pub, but because ANYONE was making out in a pub. That's not the place for it.

The owner (a lesbian) approached them and told them to knock it off or get a room.

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

While I agree with R3, the fact is if they were a straight couple displaying the same levels of affection they wouldn't have been asked to leave. The article even notes that they observed many straight couples sharing kisses and such.

Also, your trolling is so uninspired R9.

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2013

PDA is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2013

Homophobia is disgusting,

by Anonymousreply 1203/05/2013

[quote]Come on, your the most progressive state in the union

Prop 8 says otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013

Take my word for it, and I have lived here for over 21 years, California is usually NOT what it seems.

by Anonymousreply 1603/05/2013

Maybe they were ugly, old and fat.

by Anonymousreply 1703/05/2013

California is not progressive. It's Right wing. Get with the program!

by Anonymousreply 1803/05/2013

And still some will argue this is not a "civil rights" issue.

by Anonymousreply 1903/05/2013

C'mon. Puhleeze. You're just asking for trouble making out in a mall. In podunk California? Dumbasses.

If you want get it on a mall, do it at The Beverly Center-- West Hollywood's gayest gay friendly gay destination for gays everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 2003/05/2013

If you want to make out while you are shopping, shop online.

by Anonymousreply 2103/05/2013

R21 - fair point. We had a couple of lesbians in town that were serial PDA'ers. They would go to major shopping venues, middle of the day and make out. All in a sad attempt to gain attention and promote their cause. They would sue the owner of the shopping center and splash it around in the press. Finally one of the owners took them on and they lost big time. They did nothing to help gay/lesbian causes in the end.

by Anonymousreply 2203/05/2013

This is why we can't have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 2403/05/2013

As we make more progress more crazies will come out to try and stop us

by Anonymousreply 2503/05/2013

[quote]C'mon. Puhleeze. You're just asking for trouble making out in a mall. In podunk California? Dumbasses.

Not exactly podunk. Roseville is a Sacramento suburb.

by Anonymousreply 2603/05/2013

They kissed, not made out.

by Anonymousreply 2903/05/2013

There are two very distinct Californias. LA, SF incredibly liberal and progressive. San Diego and most of the coastal towns are mixed. The rest? An utter Red wasteland.

by Anonymousreply 3003/05/2013

I make out in public all the time with my boyfriends. Have done it for years.

And cut the attention whore shit. I don't do it because I want an audience. I do it when I'm in the spirit of the moment of love! And it feels good to steal a kiss or cuddle when you are in that vibe. Know that you are completely oblivious to me, so don't think you are that important.

If I have to endure your fucking texting and talking on the phone in your pathetic attempts to let the immediate world around you know that, yes you are important and have a life, you can endure my REAL, ONE TO ONE, ACTUAL PERSON TO PERSON communication.

Don't be evil!

by Anonymousreply 3103/05/2013

If some dumbass rent a cop, mall security guard asked me to leave a mall for kissing I'd tell him to call a real police authority and have them read to me where the f@ck it says two men can't kiss in public. They should have ignored that 'security' guard

by Anonymousreply 3203/05/2013

Unbelievable, makes me so upset.

by Anonymousreply 3303/06/2013

..... I counted you guys kissing 25 times ....

First of all, way to may everyone in that mall so much more secure, Mr. Security Guard. (I wonder how much shoplifting goes on during THEIR watch).

Not that I support this happening, but if it was anywhere NEAR 25 times, I've got to say it was probably time to leave by about the 10th kiss. Clearly they weren't there SHOPPING and it sounds like more than a peck or two while walking from store to store.

by Anonymousreply 3403/06/2013

"C'mon. Puhleeze. You're just asking for trouble making out in a mall. In podunk California? Dumbasses.

If you want get it on a mall, do it at The Beverly Center-- West Hollywood's gayest gay friendly gay destination for gays everywhere!"

And if you want to go for a walk, do it in Harlem. You're just asking for trouble in Selma.

by Anonymousreply 3503/06/2013

[bold] Kiss-in protest planned against mall which ejected gay couple for kissing on the cheek [/bold]

A kiss-in is to take place on Saturday at a California shopping centre after a security guard allegedly asked a gay couple to leave for kissing each other on the cheek and holding hands.

The Westfield Galleria mall in Sacramento came under fire when Fox40 reported that 21-year-old Daniel Chesmore and his partner 24-year-old Jose Guzman were asked to leave for a public display of affection.

The Sacramento Gay and Lesbian Center issued a statement denouncing the security guard’s conduct saying the incident was “unfortunately representative of the hate still harboured by many.”

Beverly Kearney, an advocate for the LGBT community in Sacramento is now organising a kiss-in at the mall on 9 March to protest against the incident, reports the Sacramento Bee.

She said: “We’re calling it a kiss-in because that’s why they were ejected from the mall.”

On Tuesday, the shopping centre released a written statement about the incident:

“All of our customers are welcome, and all are welcome equally – including those displaying affection. We do have rules and occasionally our security officers approach customers, inform them of the rules, and ask them to comply.

“We’re sorry for any misperceptions with regard to the incident reported upon yesterday. At Westfield, we celebrate the diversity of our employees, shoppers and community, and will continue to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all.”

However, the statement did not satisfy members of the gay and lesbian community and customers expressed their displeasure on the Galleria’s Facebook page.

The shopping centre released a revised statement late Tuesday night explaining that simple displays of affection including kissing and holding hands were okay but Mr Chesmore and Mr Guzman broke rules that ban sexually explicit conduct, and that the security officer asked them to stop this conduct but did not ask them to leave.

The statement does not specify what the type of conduct was but says that similar conduct by heterosexual couples has resulted in the same requests to follow the rules.

Mr Chesmore and Mr Guzman could not be reached for comment, however Ms Kearney said that the statement did not apologise for what happened.

She said: “It feels to me like it’s placating. As someone said, ‘You’re not sorry for what happened. You’re sorry you got caught.’ ”

The Galleria’s statement also said they will “embrace” the kiss-in, and that “all of our customers are welcome — including those displaying affection.”

by Anonymousreply 3603/06/2013

I'm all for it, so long as they also do it for heterosexual couples.

Get a room, all of you. Gay and straight.

by Anonymousreply 3703/06/2013

Sorry, If it was 25 kisses, that's at least 23 to many, I don't want to see that much PDA from any couple period !!!

by Anonymousreply 3803/06/2013

Unless that's a parody post, r31 sounds insufferable.

Allow me to paraphrase:

"I fart in public all the time. Have done it for years.

And cut the attention whore shit. I don't do it because I want to assault your sense of smell. I do it when I'm in the spirit of the moment! And it feels good when you are in that vibe. Know that you are completely oblivious to me, so don't think you are that important."

And yes, drawing an analogy between two private matters, affection and passing gas IS a proper analogy because both should be done in private.

When a couple has to put themselves on display, it doesn't signify love, it signifies massive insecurity in your relationship, not to mention a total absence of couth.

by Anonymousreply 3903/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 4003/06/2013

If i lived near by id bring my friend and join in on the kiss-in on march 9

by Anonymousreply 4103/06/2013

Only a dullard would equate a show of love with flatulence.

And I don't really don't care how you analyze it. Stop thinking you're so important that you feel the need to destroy something you are so clearly envious of. If you're lacking in that department, you don't attack those who are fortunate enough to have it.

Lots of freeper mindset in here. You do realize if it was a straight couple, they would not have been kicked out?

by Anonymousreply 4203/06/2013

Anyone going to the kiss-in?

by Anonymousreply 4303/06/2013

[quote]Lots of freeper mindset in here. You do realize if it was a straight couple, they would not have been kicked out?

I worked for a law firm that represented a number of malls. The written policy was that people who were making out in the mall were asked to stop the behavior. If they refused, they were removed. that was standard procedure for all of the malls and had nothing to do with the participants.

I would be surprised if this couple was not given the same warning and aftermath.

I agree with Della here. I don't like being used as audience for someone's need for attention.

by Anonymousreply 4403/06/2013

Why is everyone assuming they were making out?

And yes, I'm going with my fiancé on Saturday to Roseville, which BTW is freeper/fundie central in the Sacramento area.

by Anonymousreply 4503/06/2013

Della, you are going to explode if you keep holding them in.

by Anonymousreply 4603/06/2013

25 kisses is a bit of an indication, R45.

by Anonymousreply 4703/06/2013

unfortunately, noone wants to see two guys kissing. If you're cute chicks, then it's ok for the most part. In my opinion, the reality is that no matter how progressive a city is or how ok you are with your sexuality, you still have to be careful and very aware of what you do and's not's just safer that way.

by Anonymousreply 4803/06/2013

The kiss in will show that we will not be bullied, those who hate us will always hate us. But now they know they can hate us but we dont give a fu#k

by Anonymousreply 5003/06/2013

that's what these guys were thinking i'm sure..the truth is that when it comes down to your safety, you can't be indignant and risk getting hurt or beaten to death. it's easier for females, but men have it harder. people can sense the "i don't give a f--- attitude" and all it takes is one bully to react.

by Anonymousreply 5103/06/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5203/06/2013

While we all sit here and criticize there are people out there right now who are actually standing up to our homophobic society to advance our rights. Sure it will be met with a lot of resistance, but guess what, if straight people can kiss at a mall, so will we. And to those that say its sick, well too bad. Times are changing finally, and this is one thing that will not go backwards every again.

by Anonymousreply 5303/06/2013

Anyone here live in cali?

by Anonymousreply 5403/08/2013

R52 has a good point. There is fantasy - the way things SHOULD be, and there is reality. How come no one has mentioned (and I'd love to know if the Mall would cop to) - what if a straight, interracial couple were kissing/making out? Sacramento is more redneck than you might think. I wondre if security guards at malls would DARE touch that, especially if it were a black man and white woman.

You're not going to oversome everyone's prejudices overnight, if ever. Back to R52: it would be a damn shame if straight redneck types view the kiss-in, bide their time, and someday lie in weight for (perceived) gay men or women and beat them up after dark in a parking lot.

Sorry to sound like a MARY!

by Anonymousreply 5503/08/2013

So what time is the protest today?

by Anonymousreply 5603/09/2013

They did protest today:

Equal-rights advocates gather in Galleria, where gay couple was ejected By Richard Chang Published: Saturday, Mar. 9, 2013 - 2:56 pm Last Modified: Saturday, Mar. 9, 2013 - 3:55 pm A boisterous crowd of 250 gay-rights activists gathered at the Roseville Galleria today, calling for equal rights after a gay couple reportedly was ejected from the mall for kissing.

Daniel Chesmore and Jose Guzman were confronted by a security guard March 2 while they were kissing and holding hands inside the mall, according to media reports.

The Galleria, owned by mall giant Westfield, initially defended its action Monday but quickly reversed course. Mall representatives and local gay-rights leaders met this week to discuss the incident.

Activist Beverly Kearney organized today's event, which was advertised as a kiss-in protest. The mall eventually embraced the event and provided refreshments.

"We're here to send a message that love is love, and that we're all equal," Kearney said.

Instead of a kiss-in, the demonstration became a rally, with speeches by local gay activists and a mall official. Halfway through, participants held hands and chanted "love is love" several times. The event was held outside, in front of an entrance and did not affect the mall's operations.

“We’re here to send a message that love is love, and that we’re all equal,” Kearney said.

by Anonymousreply 5703/09/2013

Alls well that ends well?

by Anonymousreply 5803/10/2013

[quote] Anyone here live in cali?

Yes, but nowhere near where this happened.

by Anonymousreply 5903/10/2013

[quote]...Two boyfriends Were Kicked Out Of California Mall By Security Guard After Kissing...

I totally read that as hissing.

by Anonymousreply 6003/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!