Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Would it be hard to adjust to London rain?

Does it really ran everyday? Is it depressing if you are used to a sunny climate?

by Anonymousreply 1403/05/2013

Damn, I hope some Londoners answer this. I've visited several times but only for few weeks at a time.

by Anonymousreply 103/05/2013

It's not as bad as Seattle and Portland.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2013

It rains there a lot. Not all the time, but a lot. If you like a sunny climate, your wont like London.

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2013

I like the rain, it's grey days that are the worst in London.

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2013

It's not hard to adjust. It rains often but certainly not everyday. It has the climate you would expect, autumn and winter are grey, cold and wet, but as you move through spring into summer it gets dryer, warmer and sunnier. Summers in England are beautiful in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2013

One year, I was in London in September. It was hot and sunny. Loved it.

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

It is no worse than New York State.

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

It's been beautiful and sunny all weekend. A little chilly, but it's going to be 58°F today.

by Anonymousreply 903/05/2013

It's not the rain that's the problem, OP, it's the drizzle. London doesn't actually have a very high rainfall but like R5 said it's often grey, it looks like it might rain, the sky will feel like it's round your knees, but only a few misty pathetic sprinkles will appear. Think of a Turner painting and you'll get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2013

You can always weekend in Brighton if you're missing the sun. Or better yet, the south of France.

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2013

It doesn't really rain that much.

I can't even remember the last time it rained. Maybe two weeks ago.

The summers are awful since global warming. They start early and are very muggy.

by Anonymousreply 1203/05/2013

I like the climate. As much as Londoners like to complain about the weather is, with rare exception, mildly variable within a temperate range. There's enough variation to be interesting but the extremes are not freakish. It rains often, but pouring down rains tend to be very brief and infrequent - it's rare to be inconvenienced by heavy rain for more than a few minutes.

Sun and sand and surf sorts may hate the "off-seasons" (or want to emigrate to filthy Australia), but there's no accounting for taste. The summers are beautiful and can have some hot weeks but it's far from a Mississippi or a Seville hot. The winters can be cold, but not unrelentingly brutal cold. And rainy days are lovely to my eye.

by Anonymousreply 1303/05/2013

Oh FFS, historically they said 140 days with some rain in a London year compare thus to 167 days in New York. Get over yr fuckin' Dick Van Dyke Mary Poppins fantasy of what London is..

by Anonymousreply 1403/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!